TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played 7:30 this morning 58* with a stiff breeze.
Overall happy with my game, 2 birds which makes bad stuff and 1st hole bogie disappear.
Best part of morning one of the guys is back after a bout with cancer and is clear. Happy to be in his foresome today!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, CarlH said:

It's been pretty windy here the last 3 days -- today's no exception.  Been warmer, but windy and rainy.  We have our "Super Bowl" 3 man best ball tourney Friday.  Hopfully, the rains will let up and be a bit more comfortable.

Best of luck!!  Hope it dries out.  

I played with my Monday 9-hole walking group today, and I had to strip down to short sleeve shirt and vest... I got too warm!!  It was 63º but cloudy and no wind... until #8 when I had to put my pullover back on.  It's still breezy and 45º at 8pm, but it's supposed to be 20+ winds tomorrow and mid-50's.  

Started great with 4 pars; one a lip-out birdie, but then finished with 5 bogeys.  However, I'll take a bogey on the par 5 #9 after washing my ball in the penalty area on my 3rd shot.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Improvement is improvement I guess - 100 (ESC 94)... 😞 I have racked up WAY too many penalties the past two rounds - I gave away 11 strokes today alone. Putting was markedly improved though, requiring only 34 strokes compared to the previous 42. Considering the ball lipped out on several putts (including the last two holes for birdie), I'd definitely say the new putter will work just fine. I simply need to pay more attention to my stroke.

I also did some ball testing. I ordered the Snell MTB Test Pack and rotated between my current gamer, the MTB-Black, and the MTB-X every 3 holes. Standout performer of the day was MTB-X by a mile as I played 6 holes at even par with it - birdie, par, par, bogey, par, par. Excited to continue testing and see which ball comes out on top.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Up to 60 today and work being light on calls meant I was able to get the first round of the year in.  Oh it was so nice to be out there.  Ahhhhh.

Played pretty well, my off season practice has paid off.  At least for this one round!  Come on Spring!!!

ABA72C8B-6A91-4518-BCC2-63E3AD0BEF74.png

Cold (for Florida), windy and slow play led to a 95. Driver was smack on. My wedges gave up about 1/2 way through the round - lost about 6 strokes to my lob wedge. However, toward the end I figured out I had my weight on my heels so was able to correct it for the last three holes. Two par 5 doubles killed me plus the bogies on the par 3's.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

First round back since back surgery just before Thanksgiving. We only managed to get 12 holes in before dark, but I played pretty well. Six over, with five three putts. Pretty frustrated about the putting performance, but the back feels great so all is well!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

12 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

First round back since back surgery just before Thanksgiving. We only managed to get 12 holes in before dark, but I played pretty well. Six over, with five three putts. Pretty frustrated about the putting performance, but the back feels great so all is well!

Nice playing!  Chipping and putting always seem to lag behind when returning from a layoff.  You'll quickly get your feel back!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

13 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Cold (for Florida), windy and slow play led to a 95. Driver was smack on. My wedges gave up about 1/2 way through the round - lost about 6 strokes to my lob wedge. However, toward the end I figured out I had my weight on my heels so was able to correct it for the last three holes. Two par 5 doubles killed me plus the bogies on the par 3's.

Blame it on the weather!  I do.  

Weather is why I'm not coming back to Florida during Jan/Feb.  Always seems to be warmer here at home when I've been to Florida.  It's 60º here in the NW albeit pretty breezy.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

We just had our week of winter.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

We just had our week of winter.emoji33.png

You suck!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

It was the warm before the storm tuesday(52 degrees) so I had to go play: storm coming in meant 12-20 mph of wind for the round. Shot my worst score in a while (82) hit 2 fairways all round and only 8 greens in regulation. Throw in 2/10 on up & down and 35 putts and there ya go.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

12 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Played my first real round of 18 today in almost 2 months. I can definitively say that sim golf is not real golf. Sheesh. 15 mph winds all round, and directly in my face for the first four holes. Ugh. The range was only open to 7 iron or less, so that hurt too. Anyway, once I got used to the wind, I played pretty well. Fairways were mush, and four holes were path only. Driver was really good, better on the back 9 once I got going. I hit the balls much higher than with my previous driver, which for the mushy fairways was good today, but I’m thinking I’m going to loft down from 10.5 to 9.5 next round. My two best non-driver shots were a 5 iron that played 215 into the wind (Arccos adjusted distance, which was +26!) that I hit to 18 feet, and a putt for birdie I sank from 39 feet! 
In the pics below, here is my drive on 16 and then the pic of how much “roll” I got, my grip is pointing to the “divot” , then my drive on 18. 

1FA1B74D-0246-4F7A-B978-78AA7380A68D.png

728114FF-02AB-4C81-9E62-936F4D65C50C.jpeg

20F1FB43-55B6-42B5-9B4D-225B28797F26.png

B E A S T drive. Nice round for being on the shelf for 2 months!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Just now, yungkory said:

B E A S T drive. Nice round for being on the shelf for 2 months!

A little help from the wind, but zero roll... It was a nice way to finish the round, driving-wise.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

16 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Played my first real round of 18 today in almost 2 months. I can definitively say that sim golf is not real golf. Sheesh. 15 mph winds all round, and directly in my face for the first four holes. Ugh. The range was only open to 7 iron or less, so that hurt too. Anyway, once I got used to the wind, I played pretty well. Fairways were mush, and four holes were path only. Driver was really good, better on the back 9 once I got going. I hit the balls much higher than with my previous driver, which for the mushy fairways was good today, but I’m thinking I’m going to loft down from 10.5 to 9.5 next round. My two best non-driver shots were a 5 iron that played 215 into the wind (Arccos adjusted distance, which was +26!) that I hit to 18 feet, and a putt for birdie I sank from 39 feet! 
In the pics below, here is my drive on 16 and then the pic of how much “roll” I got, my grip is pointing to the “divot” , then my drive on 18. 

💣 nice work that shaft is agreeing with you!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

6 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

💣 nice work that shaft is agreeing with you!

Thanks. I Can’t wait until the weather gets back in the 70s so I’m not bundled-up and can feel a little more free with the swing.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

37 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Between weather conditions and not having played an actual round in two months, those are some killer drives. I'm glad to hear you got the Beast out on the course to get a sampling of what it's going to do. 

43/46 today at Desert Hills.  The winds were whipping and swirling, making for some interesting club selections.  A couple of absolutely forged 3w's that covered a whopping 180 yards. A 9i from 104 yards, to the uphill #5 ... which ended up being the right choice.  A drive on #10 that ended up 279 yards from the tee. Second round with a really nice guy and solid player I met while playing the pro/am in December. 👍

#6 Elevated Tee, par 5... with the wind... let er' rip.

thumbnail?appid=YMailNorrin

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

7 hours ago, Micah T said:

It was the warm before the storm tuesday(52 degrees) so I had to go play: storm coming in meant 12-20 mph of wind for the round. Shot my worst score in a while (82) hit 2 fairways all round and only 8 greens in regulation. Throw in 2/10 on up & down and 35 putts and there ya go.

Sounds like one of my good rounds in mild conditions.  Not bad!

3 over today for a 40, with a double and 2 birds

Struggling with driver, but the putter is an absolute weapon. Once I figure out how to get the ball closer to the hole on my approaches, my scores should drop a few strokes for sure.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Bacon Boyz 9 this morning. 49*, stiff wind & cloudy, not pretty.
Overall I played well +4 w no birds but many quality up & downs as wind was nasty. G710’s are really making a case to stay for a while. I’m still thinkin it’s the Recoil Shafts that make the difference.
Some bad news again as a couple more guys were hospitalized for C19. One guy caught it twice!! Didn’t know that could happen.

Rick

Left Hand, 

My wife and I walked the front nine this afternoon; all tee times were booked until 2:10, and we were paired with a 20-something single in a cart.

Started out good; par - birdie - par, then bogeyed the remaining 7 holes.  Hadn't picked up a club since Monday, and it was good exercise on a sunny 65º afternoon.  

We had to play today, because our 11:10am tee time tomorrow is right in the middle of a cloudy 57º day with a wind advisory... 25-35mph with gusts to 50.  😬

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

My wife and I walked the front nine this afternoon; all tee times were booked until 2:10, and we were paired with a 20-something single in a cart.

Started out good; par - birdie - par, then bogeyed the remaining 7 holes.  Hadn't picked up a club since Monday, and it was good exercise on a sunny 65º afternoon.  

We had to play today, because our 11:10am tee time tomorrow is right in the middle of a cloudy 57º day with a wind advisory... 25-35mph with gusts to 50.  😬

Get that 2i dusted off...

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

8 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Get that 2i dusted off...

lol   No 2i...  2H.  However, my "punch driver" works well off the tee; like the Tiger stinger except with the driver.

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

lol   No 2i...  2H.  However, my "punch driver" works well off the tee; like the Tiger stinger except with the driver.

Your forecast made me check the weather for my round tomorrow. 10-15 mph and chance of rain. Guess it’s 3w hybrid time. If the 3w struggles continue its time to go Super....

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

Just now, rbsiedsc said:

Your forecast made me check the weather for my round tomorrow. 10-15 mph and chance of rain. Guess it’s 3w hybrid time. If the 3w struggles continue its time to go Super....

I'm driving to Corvallis on Monday to clean out my dad's assisted living apartment.  After his fall on Christmas Day he has been in rehab and the assessment is that he needs more supervision and can't return to that facility.  We are going to move him up to my area soon.

I always check the weather in Cascade Locks and it looks like they will be getting a lot of snow starting Thursday through the weekend.  Hope you can golf next weekend!!

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I'm driving to Corvallis on Monday to clean out my dad's assisted living apartment.  After his fall on Christmas Day he has been in rehab and the assessment is that he needs more supervision and can't return to that facility.  We are going to move him up to my area soon.

I always check the weather in Cascade Locks and it looks like they will be getting a lot of snow starting Thursday through the weekend.  Hope you can golf next weekend!!

I’m west of the gorge so we rarely get snow. Doing 18 first first time this year. Need some time to not be thinking about my dad’s surgery 

My Reviews:

Well, we had our Super Bowl Tournament yesterday.  Interesting, to say the least.  Format was a 3 man best ball with 2 best net on even holes and best net/best gross on the odd holes.  Opportunities to earn a mulligan on 2 of the holes by throwing a football through a hole on one hole and throwing 2 of 3 into a trash can on another.  Had to use the mulligan on that hole and could not give it to a partner.  I earned a mulligan on the par 3 but didn't use it.  Both of my partners earned mulligans on the par 5, used them, but it didn't matter.  Another hole had the tiny hole, which I made par and my partners fared far worse.  Our handicaps were 3,4, and 5, with me being the higher.  I was medalist for our group with an awful performance of 83.  Sad!  My partners stunk it up way more than me, both shooting an 87 (and those numbers were generous on a few holes).  One of those days.  We finished dead last in our flight.  LOL.  Oh well, was a nice day otherwise.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Other than being stuck behind 2 slow groups and cold because the sun refused to peek through the clouds/fog, it was a better round today.  Had 2 doubles and 2 birdies to come in 6 over with a 40/38.  Oh, and sun finally made it's arrival while we were in the fairway of #18.  Go figure.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Played with my father and my buddy that I usually play with.  Front nine was horrific.  I thought I'd try the Wilson Duos since I'd had good luck with them in the past.  Nope.  Couldn't drive, couldn't hit an iron, wedges were so-so and putting was eh.  A lot of it has to do with the fact that my father doesn't play much and is sooooo slooooow.  I always feel like we've got the entire course backed up, which makes me hurry everything.  He's 78, and I want to take advantage of every single opportunity to do things like this with him, but it completely screws up my already iffy game.

Went back to the Maxfli Tour on the back nine, and was  better.  Most of it still wasn't great, but I did have the best 3 hole stretch I've had in a long, long time. 

#15 is a par 5 playing about 475.  Drive about 265 into the middle of the fairway.  210 yard 3-wood onto the green.  Rolled a 25 foot eagle putt about 3 inches short, perfectly on line.  Tap in birdie.

#16 is a par 4 playing about 360.  Drive about 255 in the middle, leaving around 105.  Hit a solid 56* wedge and watched it bounce over the back, which surprised the heck out of me.  Drove around to the back and didn't see it anywhere.  Asked my buddy on the green to check the cup.  "You little rascal" was the exact quote.  So, one hop and in from 105 for eagle.  Can't remember the last time I carded an eagle.

#17 is a par 3 playing around 150.  Easy 8 iron to about 8 feet and managed to roll the putt for birdie.

All of that makes the number that I carded for the back even more disgusting.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag