Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

played ok today but the course is very wet, very muddy and the greens have been tined and a layer of sand on them. Not fun playing in that, plus it rained for 5 holes!

 

On a positive I took out the Titleist TS3 demo club today and it was longer, more forgiving, nicer sound than my Cobra F9....damn!

it's 9.5 and the flight was better than my 10.5 Cobra- go figure.

  • Like 4

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Posted Images

On 8/12/2019 at 12:04 PM, TR1PTIK said:

I noticed how effortlessly I pounded driver on #7 (the only hole where it comes out of the bag) and made a conscious decision to use a similar tempo and action for all swings the second time around. I gained nearly a full club in distance while producing the same or eerily similar trajectories!

👍👍👍

  • Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 4:43 PM, PMookie said:

I had to buy a shirt in the pro-shop just to get home without dripping.

I throw a spare shirt into the car on those days!

  • Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to have 2 nemesis holes on each of the 4 regular courses I play. The latest round was no different, doubling both of these holes, which along with a few putts that burned edges and a couple sloppy chips led to another uninspiring 85. The HC is officially trending up for the first time since February.

Typically these holes involve trouble left, with either driver or long irons required off the tee, and my old standby miss is a pull hook. I have worked this year on a swing change to reduce the frequency of this miss (shoutout to Monte & Rebellion Golf!), but I have had an increasing number of misses from mis-alignment (not trusting the new swing & ball flight when I should) and also some new errors as I work to ingrain the new swing 🙄. I know overall the swing is in a much better place, but the doubt still creeps in at the worst times...

  • Like 6

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairway:   :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ 15* w/ Atmos Black 7X 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 19* w/ Tensei White 90  

Irons: :cobra-small: King Forged CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shot 42/36; 78 at Babe Zaharias today.....with one Birdie(Par 3 # 8). Started with a double on the first hole then went par, par, par, par....seemed to be striking the ball well today. Got paid for two Closest To The Pins and one Skin for $68.....


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 7

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

New shirt the wife bought me, with buttons... +8 front 9

new shirt from pro shop at the turn... even on the back...

for a 79 total...🙄

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

 :EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

71

8/14 fir

12/18 gir

29 putts

Finally getting my body to consistently repeat what I have been trying to do all year. Good things coming. 

  • Like 7

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             2 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey  SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

 

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hartrick11 said:

I seem to have 2 nemesis holes on each of the 4 regular courses I play. The latest round was no different, doubling both of these holes, which along with a few putts that burned edges and a couple sloppy chips led to another uninspiring 85. The HC is officially trending up for the first time since February.

Typically these holes involve trouble left, with either driver or long irons required off the tee, and my old standby miss is a pull hook. I have worked this year on a swing change to reduce the frequency of this miss (shoutout to Monte & Rebellion Golf!), but I have had an increasing number of misses from mis-alignment (not trusting the new swing & ball flight when I should) and also some new errors as I work to ingrain the new swing 🙄. I know overall the swing is in a much better place, but the doubt still creeps in at the worst times...

Best of luck on the new swing.  Just finished a clinic this weekend in Seattle with Monte.  Lots of good stuff, and I have one big issue to work on.  If I can accomplish it, I think I will be playing some of my best golf.  Lots of practice coming up!!

  • Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

I throw a spare shirt into the car on those days!

My wife calls my car... "a closet".  I'm prepared for anything!!  YES, anything!!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
My wife and I were in Seattle this past weekend.  Yesterday we played 9 holes with her brother on his course south of downtown.  Here's a view down #.  Seattle skyline in the distance, and if you look closely up in the sky, you can see a jet landing at SeaTac airport.  They fly over at 90 sec intervals; drove me crazy!!
GlenAcres.thumb.jpg.7f8177eddeeb7b8ab981e10d461b015e.jpg
I started off triple, double, bogey, par.  Horrible, but I got better each hole I played, so there was that.  Didn't get much better; didn't even keep score.
Today we played at Mt. Si GC just off I-90 east of Seattle on our way home.  We played with a bunch of friends that we see about once a year.  We had 3 groups; two groups of guys and one group of ladies.  So, of the 8 guys I was the third youngest at 72; five guys were between 75 and 79.  Myself and the two younger guys played the White tees at 6100y; the others played the Gold tees at 5475y, which was also where the ladies played.  The game was the two best scores per hole from the ladies group vs. the two worst scores per hole from each group of guys.  The ladies won!!!
I shot 80 with only one birdie and 2 doubles.
9 fairways
6 GIR
29 putts
I've played this course once before about 7 years ago.


Looks beautiful - I was in Seattle on business several years ago and had no time to play but there was a lovely course near the church where I was consulting and it was SO lush - looked amazing. The planes would be annoying...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Shot 42/36; 78 at Babe Zaharias today.....with one Birdie(Par 3 # 8). Started with a double on the first hole then went par, par, par, par....seemed to be striking the ball well today. Got paid for two Closest To The Pins and one Skin for $68.....


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy


I played there years ago - I remember enjoying it but it's been awhile. I played with some high school golfers last week and one of them asked me the best courses I have played and most of them were in Florida - I miss Florida golf - especially in February

That said, I know the rain is terrible there now. My mom's property is about underwater.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night was a strange night for me in our league. The first hole started well - 3W right down the middle, GW to the back of the green, 2-putt for par. Every other tee shot was either a high flare to the right (two times) or a pull hook (three times). I hate it when the two-way miss shows up. I scrambled fairly well from there, ending up +11 with 14 putts. I also had 3 penalties due to the crappy tee shots, so I feel like it could have been a nice round for me if I could have gotten off the tee.

  • Like 7

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Link to post
Share on other sites
if you look closely up in the sky, you can see a jet landing at SeaTac airport.  They fly over at 90 sec intervals; drove me crazy!!


You would really go crazy around my area. I occasionally play a course that is down the street from an Air Force base and F-22s are flying around. Seems like they are only a few hundred feet above you when landing. At the end of the day, they are landing at a regular interval.
  • Like 6

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

another league day, another 3 under round....

one more week to go and an 8 stroke lead; pretty happy with how I played this year, worst round was even par and everything else was under and, being a best ball league, we use my shots more than 50 percent of the time.  (ed: it's a 9 hole league)

  • Like 7

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w 
:callaway-small:  SuperHybrid 20
:titelist-small:  818H1 23
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:bettinardi-small:  SS38 Armlock 
--------------------------
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

My wife and I were in Seattle this past weekend.  Yesterday we played 9 holes with her brother on his course south of downtown.  Here's a view down #.  Seattle skyline in the distance, and if you look closely up in the sky, you can see a jet landing at SeaTac airport.  They fly over at 90 sec intervals; drove me crazy!!

GlenAcres.thumb.jpg.7f8177eddeeb7b8ab981e10d461b015e.jpg

I started off triple, double, bogey, par.  Horrible, but I got better each hole I played, so there was that.  Didn't get much better; didn't even keep score.

Today we played at Mt. Si GC just off I-90 east of Seattle on our way home.  We played with a bunch of friends that we see about once a year.  We had 3 groups; two groups of guys and one group of ladies.  So, of the 8 guys I was the third youngest at 72; five guys were between 75 and 79.  Myself and the two younger guys played the White tees at 6100y; the others played the Gold tees at 5475y, which was also where the ladies played.  The game was the two best scores per hole from the ladies group vs. the two worst scores per hole from each group of guys.  The ladies won!!!

I shot 80 with only one birdie and 2 doubles.
9 fairways
6 GIR
29 putts

I've played this course once before about 7 years ago.

That is what they call, hitting for a cycle in baseball. It's a shame it isn't a good thing in golf. 🤣

Regarless, that course is looking clean

  • Like 2

WITB 2019

Driver: :taylormade-small:Taylormade M2 8.5 w/ Xstiff Aldila RIP Beta shaft

2 Iron: :taylormade-small:Talormade P790 UDI 17 degree w/ Hazardus Xstiff driver shaft

4-PW: :taylormade-small:Taylormade PSI iron w/ KBS C-taper stiff iron shafts

52 degree: :cleveland-small:Cleveland RTX 3

56 degree: :callaway-small:Callaway Mac Daddy 4

60 degree-::taylormade-small:Taylormade milled grind

Putter: :cameron-small:Scotty Cameron Dual Balance X5

Ball::titelist-small:ProV1x

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Just finished a clinic this weekend in Seattle with Monte.  Lots of good stuff, and I have one big issue to work on.  If I can accomplish it, I think I will be playing some of my best golf.  Lots of practice coming up!!

Looking forward to seeing the new, improved swing!! 👍

  • Haha 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cnosil said:

 


You would really go crazy around my area. I occasionally play a course that is down the street from an Air Force base and F-22s are flying around. Seems like they are only a few hundred feet above you when landing. At the end of the day, they are landing at a regular interval.

 

Same when we play Desert Hills in Yuma.  MCAS Yuma flies the F-35 and it's hard not to stop and watch them; especially when they hover and rotate 360 degrees. 

  • Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...