MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

My wife and I were in Seattle this past weekend.  Yesterday we played 9 holes with her brother on his course south of downtown.  Here's a view down #.  Seattle skyline in the distance, and if you look closely up in the sky, you can see a jet landing at SeaTac airport.  They fly over at 90 sec intervals; drove me crazy!!

GlenAcres.thumb.jpg.7f8177eddeeb7b8ab981e10d461b015e.jpg

I started off triple, double, bogey, par.  Horrible, but I got better each hole I played, so there was that.  Didn't get much better; didn't even keep score.

Today we played at Mt. Si GC just off I-90 east of Seattle on our way home.  We played with a bunch of friends that we see about once a year.  We had 3 groups; two groups of guys and one group of ladies.  So, of the 8 guys I was the third youngest at 72; five guys were between 75 and 79.  Myself and the two younger guys played the White tees at 6100y; the others played the Gold tees at 5475y, which was also where the ladies played.  The game was the two best scores per hole from the ladies group vs. the two worst scores per hole from each group of guys.  The ladies won!!!

I shot 80 with only one birdie and 2 doubles.
9 fairways
6 GIR
29 putts

I've played this course once before about 7 years ago.

That is what they call, hitting for a cycle in baseball. It's a shame it isn't a good thing in golf. 🤣

Regarless, that course is looking clean

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Just finished a clinic this weekend in Seattle with Monte.  Lots of good stuff, and I have one big issue to work on.  If I can accomplish it, I think I will be playing some of my best golf.  Lots of practice coming up!!

Looking forward to seeing the new, improved swing!! 👍

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, cnosil said:

You would really go crazy around my area. I occasionally play a course that is down the street from an Air Force base and F-22s are flying around. Seems like they are only a few hundred feet above you when landing. At the end of the day, they are landing at a regular interval.

Same when we play Desert Hills in Yuma.  MCAS Yuma flies the F-35 and it's hard not to stop and watch them; especially when they hover and rotate 360 degrees. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

39-39, 78 with 31 putts. 

I seem quite stuck at 5- just keep having an errant shot here and there

I could live with being stuck at 5.

• Like 5

46/39 at Bridger Creek in Bozeman.  Another Jekyll & Hyde round.  On the front, I had 3 OB drives in succession 😮.  All three were literally within a foot of the marker... one a mere golf ball in diameter out... really! 🤨  Two were fades that just ran far enough and one that ran straight through the hard dog leg on a drilled straight as an arrow drive (I was trying to cut the corner and didn't).  

I've had quite a few of these "tale of two nine's" rounds this year.  Not sure what the heck causes that.  Anyone else suffer these and figured out a remedy?

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I've had quite a few of these "tale of two nine's" rounds this year.  Not sure what the heck causes that.  Anyone else suffer these and figured out a remedy?

Yes to the first part, no to the second 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Played two days ago and forgot to update the forum. I usually only have time for 9 as I play after work but anyways, here it goes. Drove the ball decent just need to minimize my misses as per usual. Iron play was decent, I blocked a shot or two but aside from that, striking everything solid. Wedge play was fairly decent. I really struggle with putting as this was the main struggle of my round. I should not have 2 3 putts in a 9 hole round. That and my big misses are what leads to a score exponentially higher than what it should be. I hope to break par once more this year as I know I can do it, I just need to put my game together and play my misses.

Score: 40 (+4)

FIR: 3/7 or 43% which is extremely average for me

GIR: 5/9 or 55%

Up and down to save par: 2/4 or 50%

Putts: 18 with 2, 3 putts.

• Like 7

Played again.

Still Bad...........

Great course however.  Outside of Columbus Ohio about 40 minutes called The Virtues Golf Club.  

Last two rounds have been really bad 85's.  The only thing getting me through is that I can play this terrible and muster a round in the mid 80's.  Thought I was trending down, but maybe not.  Hope everyone else is faring well and playing great.

Edited by juspoole
  • Like 6

I could live with being stuck at 5.

You and me both

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, juspoole said:

Played again.

Still Bad...........

Great course however.  Outside of Columbus Ohio about 40 minutes called The Virtues Golf Club.  

Last two rounds have been really bad 85's.  The only thing getting me through is that I can play this terrible and muster a round in the mid 80's.  Thought I was trending down, but maybe not.  Hope everyone else is fairing well and playing great.

A 5 handicap and still bad just does not compute for me 😉.

Well folks I wish I could post a spectacular round but alas today was the WORST 18 holes of golf I have played since high school! Shot a miserable 46/51 and lost 8 balls off the tee. 2 were o.b. and the rest were unfindable!
The greens were lightning fast today resulting in a lot of putts.
The worst part was I was striping everything on the range before the round and started with a 2-putt Par on the 1st hole.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, edingc said:

I finally broke 80!

Woop woop! Way to go, sounds like you've been dropping those scores like crazy lately!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, edingc said:

Took the day off of work, and I am sooooo glad I did! Walked 18 holes this morning and then did another nine this afternoon.IMG_22082019_153128_(400_x_450_pixel).jpg.dd7aa2276d37c1c239e54e9a079cd1a3.jpg

Morning 18

- 79 (+7) 😍 

- 7/15 FIR  

- 9/18 GIR (2 birdies, though one was a chip-in)

- 34 Putts (2 3-putts, 13 2-putts, 2 1-putts, 1 chip-in) 

- 3:00 Round Time (Got caught behind a shotgun start group on 16, 17 and 18...)

I finally broke 80!

I really got off to a shaky start this morning, hit two not great six irons on the second hole, but before I knew it I was even after birding No. 5. I doubled the par 3 sixth after finding the greenside bunker, and then hit an awful pull on No. 6 leading to another double bogey. Easily the worst holes of my day.

Chipped-in on 12, which is such an awesome feeling.

I'm most proud of my focus after getting cut in front of by the shotgun start. The owner didn't realize I was out on the course, so I played the last three holes in 50 minutes after playing the first 15 in just over two hours. I have The Grint app hide my score, and all I knew is that I was pretty low on the back. Hit a poor tee shot on No. 16 after waiting a while, but recovered and saved a bogey. Two pretty good drives and approaches on 17 and 18, followed by two awesome two putts from quite a ways away.

Massive credit to Utley's chipping techniques and Rotella's mental techniques. They have been a huge help over the past couple of weeks.

Afternoon 9

- 43 (+7)  

- 2/7 FIR  

- 2/9 GIR (0 birdies)

- 16 Putts (7 2-putts, 2 1-putts)

- 2:00 Round Time

I really wanted to play 18 again this afternoon, but course was busy and I was behind a couple groups. 

Ho-hum round compared to the morning. I did not strike the ball well with any club at all. Hit some pretty massive slices with the driver, shanked a 4 iron off the tee on a par 3, hit a couple of chips fat. 

'Tis golf, I guess! Didn't feel like my swing at all. 

All in all, a great day. Had a lot of fun and it's awesome to see my work throughout this season paying off. Our season is winding down, and I probably only have three or four more weekends to have good weather for 18 holes on Sunday mornings. 

Congrats!!!!!! Sounds like my first sub-80 round as well. Chipped in to save it haha.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, edingc said:

Took the day off of work, and I am sooooo glad I did! Walked 18 holes this morning and then did another nine this afternoon.IMG_22082019_153128_(400_x_450_pixel).jpg.dd7aa2276d37c1c239e54e9a079cd1a3.jpg

Morning 18

- 79 (+7) 😍 

- 7/15 FIR  

- 9/18 GIR (2 birdies, though one was a chip-in)

- 34 Putts (2 3-putts, 13 2-putts, 2 1-putts, 1 chip-in) 

- 3:00 Round Time (Got caught behind a shotgun start group on 16, 17 and 18...)

I finally broke 80!

I really got off to a shaky start this morning, hit two not great six irons on the second hole, but before I knew it I was even after birding No. 5. I doubled the par 3 sixth after finding the greenside bunker, and then hit an awful pull on No. 6 leading to another double bogey. Easily the worst holes of my day.

Chipped-in on 12, which is such an awesome feeling.

I'm most proud of my focus after getting cut in front of by the shotgun start. The owner didn't realize I was out on the course, so I played the last three holes in 50 minutes after playing the first 15 in just over two hours. I have The Grint app hide my score, and all I knew is that I was pretty low on the back. Hit a poor tee shot on No. 16 after waiting a while, but recovered and saved a bogey. Two pretty good drives and approaches on 17 and 18, followed by two awesome two putts from quite a ways away.

Massive credit to Utley's chipping techniques and Rotella's mental techniques. They have been a huge help over the past couple of weeks.

Afternoon 9

- 43 (+7)  

- 2/7 FIR  

- 2/9 GIR (0 birdies)

- 16 Putts (7 2-putts, 2 1-putts)

- 2:00 Round Time

I really wanted to play 18 again this afternoon, but course was busy and I was behind a couple groups. 

Ho-hum round compared to the morning. I did not strike the ball well with any club at all. Hit some pretty massive slices with the driver, shanked a 4 iron off the tee on a par 3, hit a couple of chips fat. 

'Tis golf, I guess! Didn't feel like my swing at all. 

All in all, a great day. Had a lot of fun and it's awesome to see my work throughout this season paying off. Our season is winding down, and I probably only have three or four more weekends to have good weather for 18 holes on Sunday mornings. 

CONGRATS!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

Well folks I wish I could post a spectacular round but alas today was the WORST 18 holes of golf I have played since high school! Shot a miserable 46/51 and lost 8 balls off the tee. 2 were o.b. and the rest were unfindable!
The greens were lightning fast today resulting in a lot of putts.
The worst part was I was striping everything on the range before the round and started with a 2-putt Par on the 1st hole.

I feel for you.  Those rounds are hard to take, but the bounce-back round will be awesome!!

• Like 2