MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

18 hours ago, ncwoz said:

Got in 18 at a new course for me, The Falls at Barber Creek. I tell you what, it was a gorgeous day on an even more gorgeous course.

Unfortunately shot a 98, but felt like a played a lot better than the score indicated. I think I legitimately lipped out almost 10 putts (ended with 38). Had 43% FIR, 56% GIR (which are both above average for me), but 3 putted 4 times.

Outside of shaky putting, my full shots felt as good as they ever have. Two Quads really ballooned the score. One was poor course management: Driver was great all day, so I went for it and put water in play, which ended in two balls in the drink. That being said, it could have been a lot worse than a snowman. The other a nagging pull hook rears its head with long irons off the tee.

Brightest spot of the day was the 11th, 312 yd par 4. Cranked it and ended up rolling it up onto the green:

IMG_20190824_162846637.thumb.jpg.47a288b7ae50e183140e9c59489e4f78.jpg

Had a nice lag putt to get down for an easy knock-in for the only birdie of the day.

Score wasn't great, but honestly with the weather and the beautiful course I'm not complaining at all!

Great course, isn't it? 10 and 11 are both fun since they are risk/reward. When I played there in June I hit 5 iron off 11, ended up thinning a wedge over the green. Should have just hit driver like you!

• Like 1

all over the place yesterday- 78 hacks around the course, thins, HUGE fats, pulls, low snap hooks off the tee.

Unbelievably my short game kept me at just 2 over after 9, but you can only keep that going for so long. 

You know that way when you absolutely know what you are doing wrong, but just cant change it from the top of the swing? 🙄

Tomorrow is another day and after a few youtube videos with drills to 'fix' my known issue, I will attempt to focus properly tomorrow.

The game is no fun when you are trying a 'fix' on every shot 😂

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

On 8/22/2019 at 3:50 PM, edingc said:

Took the day off of work, and I am sooooo glad I did! Walked 18 holes this morning and then did another nine this afternoon.IMG_22082019_153128_(400_x_450_pixel).jpg.dd7aa2276d37c1c239e54e9a079cd1a3.jpg

Morning 18

- 41/38 = 79 (+7) 😍 

- 7/15 FIR  

- 9/18 GIR (2 birdies, though one was a chip-in)

- 34 Putts (2 3-putts, 13 2-putts, 2 1-putts, 1 chip-in) 

- 3:00 Round Time (Got caught behind a shotgun start group on 16, 17 and 18...)

I finally broke 80!

I really got off to a shaky start this morning, hit two not great six irons on the second hole, but before I knew it I was even after a birdie on No. 5. I doubled the par 3 sixth after finding the greenside bunker, and then hit an awful pull on No. 6 leading to another double bogey. Easily the worst holes of my day.

Chipped-in on 12, which is such an awesome feeling.

I'm most proud of my focus after getting cut in front of by the shotgun start. The owner didn't realize I was out on the course, so I played the last three holes in 50 minutes after playing the first 15 in just over two hours. I have The Grint app hide my score, and all I knew is that I was pretty low on the back. Hit a poor tee shot on No. 16 after waiting a while, but recovered and saved a bogey. Two pretty good drives and approaches on 17 and 18, followed by two awesome two putts from quite a ways away.

Massive credit to Utley's chipping techniques and Rotella's mental techniques. They have been a huge help over the past couple of weeks.

Afternoon 9

- 43 (+7)  

- 2/7 FIR  

- 2/9 GIR (0 birdies)

- 16 Putts (7 2-putts, 2 1-putts)

- 2:00 Round Time

I really wanted to play 18 again this afternoon, but course was busy and I was behind a couple groups. 

Ho-hum round compared to the morning. I did not strike the ball well with any club at all. Hit some pretty massive slices with the driver, shanked a 4 iron off the tee on a par 3, hit a couple of chips fat. 

'Tis golf, I guess! Didn't feel like my swing at all. 

All in all, a great day. Had a lot of fun and it's awesome to see my work throughout this season paying off. Our season is winding down, and I probably only have three or four more weekends to have good weather for 18 holes on Sunday mornings. 

Congratulations!!

• Like 3

85 (40/45), AGAIN! 38 putts. Worst putting day I’ve had in a couple years. Sad. Could’ve won my flight with an 81. Choked!!! Ugh. Hit the ball better, contact-wise, than yesterday, but could NOT putt. Number 10, on in 2, 15 feet for eagle.... THREE PUTTED.

Finished 3rd in the first flight. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, edingc said:

Great course, isn't it? 10 and 11 are both fun since they are risk/reward. When I played there in June I hit 5 iron off 11, ended up thinning a wedge over the green. Should have just hit driver like you!

If I lived closer I'm not sure I'd really play anywhere else! And while driver payed off for me on 11, I payed for it on 10 😅 but managed to escape with a bogey.

It was a really fun design, beautifully kept, great conditions. And reasonably priced too! Absolutely no complaints from this guy.

• Like 2

Argh!!!! Tied for first, but it went to scorecards so I finished 3rd!!! ONE. LESS. STROKE. Over 2 days and I win. Man!!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Argh!!!! Tied for first, but it went to scorecards so I finished 3rd!!! ONE. LESS. STROKE. Over 2 days and I win. Man!!!!!!

You’ll be baack! Always next time Grasshopper

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

38/44 --- triple and back to back doubles on the back.  Triple was an OB on par 5.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

A very poor 85 today... lots and lots of bogeys and only a few pars.  

It was the last day of our Men's Club Championship (I didn't play), and they had the Blue tees ALL the way back; and very tricky pins.  I guess I should be happy that I didn't have any doubles or worse.  

The only highlight today was on the par 5 #13 hole. Pin was back and I had 115y for my 3rd shot; all carry over a large bunker.  Caught my wedge just a little heavy; Hit my 4th shot out of the bunker one roll short of the hole for a rare par today.

• Like 9

I just played 9 holes with a couple of friends after a great day of drinking beer and making stuffed peppers and home made tomato/vegetable juice. The front 9 of my home course is a par 34. I shot 39 with a very bad double bogey on a par 3. I duffed the tee shot.... duffed the next shot ... finally was on the green on the third shot and proceeded to 2 putt...lol.  Oh well. It was a fantastic day spent with my buddies.... and the weather was perfect.

• Like 9

You’ll be baack! Always next time Grasshopper

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I did win $100, but 1st got $300! Ugh.

• Like 3

One of those days.   I was solid off the tee but struggled with 100-115 yard shots.  39/48-87 with 3 bogeys on the front and  6 doubles on the back.   C ourse we played today had some elevation changes which is odd for SE Virginia.   Here is the tee shot from 16 and nope I didn't hit the green;  tee shot was short and I ended up with........a double  

248807361_goldcourse.jpg.2ace2f8606b00718033c16f974dc7779.jpg

Oooo! NICE!!!!

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 3:20 PM, Jmikecpa said:

For some reason I am longer off the tee and about a club longer with my irons since switching golf balls from the ProV1 to the Chrome Soft X.

Interesting! It only rated as "Good" (middle of the road) in the MGS ball test.....

• Like 2

Another short 9 and another +8

Happy enough with that on a not my best ball striking day.

4 pars, 3 bogeys, 1 double and 1 triple

I've gotta keep working on avoiding those "other" score holes - one of which was due to a tee shot pulled left OB. 

Had that 1 penalty, and then 2 x 2-chips and 1 x 3-putt on the very-sloped last hole .. under-read the sidehill break and missed low, then missed the comeback.....

But a fun, little course on a really nice day - especially temperature-wise! - and my wife felt like she made some progress with her swing and game, too .. yea!

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Oooo! NICE!!!!

Golden Horseshoe Gold Course in Williamsburg.  That is hole #16.  

• Like 3

One of those days.   I was solid off the tee but struggled with 100-115 yard shots.  39/48-87 with 3 bogeys on the front and  6 doubles on the back.   C ourse we played today had some elevation changes which is odd for SE Virginia.   Here is the tee shot from 16 and nope I didn't hit the green;  tee shot was short and I ended up with........a double  

248807361_goldcourse.jpg.2ace2f8606b00718033c16f974dc7779.jpg
That's both beautiful and scary at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's been a while since I have played as consistently as I have over the past few weeks.  Especially off the tee.  I still fight the occasional hook immediately followed by a "hold-on-for-dear-life-push-block" but nothing unplayable.  I never keep score but always have a good idea where I am in relation to par.  I finished yesterday at +3 with two birdies and five bogeys.

It's fun to play golf when everything is coming out of the middle of the club face.  

• Like 9

Played again last night - but only because my wife wanted to go out and practice - she has a club event coming up on Tuesday. I think my back muscle issue has worked it's way out but I was being overly cautious so I was not hitting the ball long and not rotating at the finish. Going to give those back muscles a bit more time to heal. 

• Like 9