MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

19 hours ago, MomoMan83 said:

Sounds like a fun round.  Congratulations on the 90!  I'm still on the side of needing to break 100.  

Thx!!

Keep working at it - if you're determined, you'll get there 👍 Practice, lessons, more practice and LOTS of playing time all contribute! I'm also a fan of short courses to work on irons and wedges and .. even though it didn't sound like it from my last round .. that type of play-practice has really helped me. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MattF said:

Congratulations on the 90 and to the Mrs for her best round.

Thank you, thank you!! That may be our "lucky" course 😄 so like I'd mentioned we'll have to go back and see how we do!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Thx!!

Keep working at it - if you're determined, you'll get there 👍 Practice, lessons, more practice and LOTS of playing time all contribute! I'm also a fan of short courses to work on irons and wedges and .. even though it didn't sound like it from my last round .. that type of play-practice has really helped me. 

I do practice when I can, usually in the evenings in the yard after work.  I don't get around to playing as often as I would like, but my work group has a weekly scramble I almost always play in.  There is a nice little 9-hole pitch-n-putt not too far from where I live that is great for iron and wedge practice, and plenty of water hazards for added interest.  If it wasn't for this annoying thing called work I might really be able to get good. 😄

• Like 5

Been on fire this week-

shot an even par 71 today, and that included a stupid bogie on 18, easy hole.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Played well yesterday shot an 82 on my home course which is a par 72, came second in the competition (2nd time this season).

Lowest my handicap has been at 11.9 after starting the season at 14.3 so really pleased with how its going and feeling like making good strides all the time.

Hoping for good weather before going into the winter see if i can get my handicap down some more.

• Like 6

On 8/26/2019 at 12:02 PM, MomoMan83 said:

Yes sir.  About a 5 minute drive from work so it's great for an evening range session or to squeeze in a quick 9.

I've played a bunch at Trosper - that course has a lot of sentimental appeal for me. Before I lived in Oklahoma, that's where I played most of my golf when I would visit. Great memories there. I have only played once this year but when I went in Mike recognized me like I had been in just last week 🙂 I play most of my golf at Lincoln now but Trosper is in good shape it is great. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, golfertrb said:

I've played a bunch at Trosper - that course has a lot of sentimental appeal for me. Before I lived in Oklahoma, that's where I played most of my golf when I would visit. Great memories there. I have only played once this year but when I went in Mike recognized me like I had been in just last week 🙂 I play most of my golf at Lincoln now but Trosper is in good shape it is great. 

That's cool that he recognized you.  I don't know any of the guy's names but there is one guy who works in the clubhouse that's really nice, and another who seems like he's just there for the paycheck.  It is a very good course, and not too difficult for a newbie to get into the game.  It does seem to be in great shape this year too.  Seems like last summer there was a lot of crabgrass growing on the greens, this year the whole course looks good.  That's Trosper's signature 18th hole in my profile pic. 

Edited by MomoMan83
  • Like 4

That's cool that he recognized you.  I don't know any of the guy's names but there is one guy who works in the clubhouse that's really nice, and another who seems like he's just there for the paycheck.  It is a very good course, and not too difficult for a newbie to get into the game.  It does seem to be in great shape this year too.  Seems like last summer there was a lot of crabgrass growing on the greens, this year the whole course looks good.  That's Trosper's signature 18th hole in my profile pic. 

We should play sometime - I live in Moore of 19th Street so I'm close to Trosper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Played Lincoln East today - I hit the ball so well but didn't make many putts. I had 4 putts inside 15 ft on the front and didn't make a single one. Ended up with a 67 but Course Rating is only 67.7 so there's that. It's the most putts I've taken this year but I was actually stroking it really well just burned a lot of edges with easy 2 putts. 1 Bogey and 4 Birdies. Was a perfect day - only 91 degrees.

FIR 12/14
GIR 17/18
Putts 33

• Like 6

Worse ball striking in a few weeks but still managed to find a way to a +8. Easiy could had been an 85 or more but got up/down75% or so.  Utilized an assortment of clubs to get out of trouble thanks to nit finding fairways. No doubles which is always a win. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Worse ball striking in a few weeks but still managed to find a way to a +8. Easiy could had been an 85 or more but got up/down75% or so.  Utilized an assortment of clubs to get out of trouble thanks to nit finding fairways. No doubles which is always a win. 

well done making a score when playing badly- sign of a good golfer.

• Like 1

League night was fun:
image.png.6636ee9b7b93645751ee24fa2ab61b90.png

Somehow managed a 42 with 3 double bogeys. Previously this season, if I had any double bogeys, I would have imploded the rest of the round. I'm happy that I have done a better job the last two rounds of just moving on to the next hole and not letting the previous hole impact the way I play the next hole

• Like 6

Weird night in league last night. We started on a 145yd water hole (that I like and normally do well on)  and my ball does a splasher. 2nd ball was too far from the pin to recover so I walked off with a triple. Not a good way to start. My partner had a splasher as well - but his second ball was close to the pin for a 4. Unfortunately the other team ended up with 2 pars. . The other weird hole was a 450 yd par 5, as I launched it out of the rough everyone is yelling what a great shot - -about 10 yds from the green -   it ends up hitting the "return to cart path sign",  bounces sideways  about 20 yds. 😡. Common people it was headed straight for the pin!!! Ended up walking off with a double!. I finished with a 46 and we lost the match 3-2. Frustrating. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

15 hours ago, golfertrb said:

We should play sometime - I live in Moore of 19th Street so I'm close to Trosper.

I'm in Yukon so it's a bit more of a drive, but not too bad.  I guess if you don't mind playing with a hacker who can't hit the ball straight.  😉

On very rare occasions I have flashes of brilliance but usually I'm either hooking or slicing.  

• Like 2

Had my weekly 9-hole co-worker scramble last night.  Off the tee wasn't too bad.  Making good contact, first drive was a hook into the woods and lost, had a couple others that leaked off to the right a bit but were playable and a couple of others managed to hit the fairway.  Between the tee box and green wasn't great.  Making some solid contact but was hooking just about everything, and for some reason my wedge play was terrible, just could not get the ball in the air.  It's almost like I forget everything I do in practice when I get out on the course.  The bright spot was my putting.  Made five putts, two of them for my groups only birdies, and one from what must have been at least 20 feet.  Almost made a 6th putt but the ball stopped short by just a couple of inches.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

“Bacon Boy” Friday emoji106.png Normal 16 or so guys (ole farts) at a new Exec that unfortunately will probably be under water next week. I was impressed with this track as it had water in every hole and pretty tricky and use pretty much every club.
I played really well, 2 over with 2 birdies.
Guys didn’t disappoint at breakfast the bacon & sausages flowed!!
Not sure when I’ll play again at least a week.
Dorian now heading right at us.

If I live there, I'd be one of the Bacon Boys!!!

The crack of meat!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Image result for bacon bits  Look --- a foursome!

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

a01.png  Look --- a foursome!

Wouldn’t last 5 minutes with the “Boys “!
Appetizers

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3