How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Saturday ---   78

Sunday ---   75

What can I say?  I've found something!! 😃   Until I lose it again.   🙄

• Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Saturday ---   78

Sunday ---   75

you can't lose what you never owned in the first place 😜

A good golf swing is just borrowed 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

23 hours ago, silver & black said:

On another note.... the outing was held at Wilkshire. I know a few of you Ohio guys have played there. It's in rough shape. It was almost completely under water this Spring . There is still one hole closed down. It's a shame, because it is a beautiful golf course.

That is a shame. I've played Zoar but not Wilkshire, years ago. When we played, it poured right when we finished, really hard and heavy rain and the green that we saw from the road as we went past was already a pond.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

10 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Pics guys!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

We didn't get a one. Weather got us on the back 9. It started to cloud over and rumble then sprinkle. On the par 3 17th it started to rain and then stopped when we got to the tee at 18. We finished and the heavens opened up which led to a scramble for the car park.

I was so disappointed in the course because I was told that it was a great course a couple of years ago. We let a twosome through and they told @MaxEntropy and Mike that it was rated at 4.5 stars but was sold about 2 years ago and went straight down the gurgler. The greens were super quick because they were about half bare patches and the fairways weren't much better on a number of holes.

I think I apologised to the guys at least twice during the round. Oh and the 10th hole...what a doozy! Off the tee there's a window about 20 yards wide that you have to hit through...yeah ok.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

In the bag:
Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

- 47 (+11)  

- 2/7 FIR  

- 1/9 GIR 

- 18 Putts (2 3-putts, 5 2-putts, 2 1-putts) 

- 1:15 Round Time

Guess it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Most disappointed I let a single shot ruin the entire round again today. Two days in a row, really. I had been doing so well in not getting upset during rounds, not sure why it's been a struggle again the past two days.

Similar story to yesterday, good opening par, OK bogey at No. 2 (just missed my par putt), hit a drive left under a tree on No. 3. Rough was so thick and wet with dew this morning my punch shot back to the fairway barely went anywhere, then out of no where I snap-hooked a six iron out of bounds, drop and then proceed to hit another snap-hook that almost goes OB. Ended up with a quadruple bogey nine for the hole.

Because I let that get to me, I ended up following that with two straight doubles and a bogey before I finally told myself to just get over it. 

• Like 6

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.1 / Anti-Cap: 14.3 (Last Updated Oct. 9, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5
5-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (5-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Saturday ---   78

Sunday ---   75

kiss of death ---- I've got it!  🙂    Nice rounds!

• Like 3

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) 5W (21*) 7W (24*) -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52,56, 60 degree wedges

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Went out mid-morning yesterday to hit a medium bucket before the heat settled in, and wound up going out to play. I was supposed to be grouped in with a 3-some, but they no-showed and they let me go out alone. Fine, good practice time. Sputtered quite a bit on the front, but then played bogie golf on the back. Made 3 pars the whole round, all on par-3's including my "nemesis" hole at #4. I give myself an "OK" for the day.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I literally played until my hands bled. Had to ask a marshal for some Band-Aids to cover the blisters I made on both my index and ring fingers on my right hand at hole #12. He didn't have any but zipped to the clubhouse and came all the way back out to meet me at #13 with them. Left him a tip with the staff after the round.

• Like 6

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Played Saturday and played horrendously. Before that had two rounds where I would have broken 90 or given it a good run. This time around wasn't even close. I've realized that par 3's are killing me. I went triple (water), double, bogey, double. It's like I can't hit a green to save my life on par 3's and then can't get up and down. The rest of the nine wasn't banner, but at least I had some glimpses. 

Ended with a 47-49 for 96 easily over my handicap.

• Sad 2

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Saturday ---   78

Sunday ---   75

Hmmm. Looks to me like you should only play golf on the weekends.

😆😄😆😄😆😄

• Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

76 (par 73)

8/14 fir

13/18 gir

35 putts.

Missed 5 greens and played those holes in 6 over. Couple horrible drives a couple of bad irons and not being able to make any putts. Was super frustrated when looking at the score but once I digested the round I hit it great for the most part. Couple of bad swing cost me. 

• Like 5

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

76 (par 73)
8/14 fir
13/18 gir
35 putts.
Missed 5 greens and played those holes in 6 over. Couple horrible drives a couple of bad irons and not being able to make any putts. Was super frustrated when looking at the score but once I digested the round I hit it great for the most part. Couple of bad swing cost me. 

76 and 35 putts. Sheesh. I know the frustration of the putting, but 76 with that many putts is pretty dang good! 13/18 was huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 4

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

I'm happy to report that after scores of almost 100 in back to back rounds, my swing returned today. I shot a 39/40. It could have been a 39/36 if my short game wouldn't have left me for a couple holes. I was 10' off the green in 2 on the par 5 4th, and almost drove the next 2 300yd par 4's leaving myself less than 30' eagle chips on the 3 holes. I didn't manage 1 birdie out of them 3 holes. I also gave away 1 shot on the par 5 9th after a wayward tee shot. Instead of just playing back to the fairway and playing for par, I tried the miracle shot and hit a tree. My driving and irons were on point today but my short game which is usually my strength let me down.

I'm thinking I need a new wedge and putter and then all will be right with the world! Lol

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 9

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Was +1 through 8 today and feeling good. Then the thunder and lightning and rain hit and we had to spend 90 minutes in the club house. Course drained well, but the 3 beers I had in the clubhouse slowed me down a bit. Finished with a +5 77

• Like 7

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:EVNROLL: ER1v #CustomER

:titelist-small: ProV1

76 (par 73)
8/14 fir
13/18 gir
35 putts.

Work on the putting and you’ll be Club Champion [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

9 hours ago, MattF said:

I think I apologised to the guys at least twice during the round. Oh and the 10th hole...what a doozy! Off the tee there's a window about 20 yards wide that you have to hit through...yeah ok.

No need to apologize! It was still a fun round with y’all. They had plenty of cool holes visually but the conditions were just bad. I did have that sweet chip in on 9 though

• Like 4

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Final round of our Ryder Cup today playing singles and only giving a shot. The weather was a pain with two lightning horns and six holes of heavy rain but rallied from 3 down with 5 to play to halve the match. Played the last six holes on -4 and missed an 8 foot birdie putt on the last for the win. Overall a great weekend of golf and the most solid I have played all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* MMT 60x

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15* MMT 70x

:callaway-small: Apex UW 17* HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80 6.5

:callaway-small: X Forged UT 24* MMT 105TX

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 5 - AW Steelfiber 115x

:callaway-small: PM Grind 2.0 54* $ 58* KBS $ Taper 120 Black

:ping-small: B90

Played Kickingbird in Edmond, OK today with my two oldest boys. Things were moving along nicely until hole 7 and then we waited on every shot until hole 15 - rough stretch. I just felt out of sorts today - I scored but never felt like I had control of my golf ball. I was 6/6 when I missed greens so my short game was on point and although most of them were pretty simple shots, I did hit a few good ones. 

67 (70)

FIR: 7/13

GIR: 12/18

Putts: 27

Both boys shot 79 which was nice because they are constantly trying to beat each other and they have never tied before.

• Like 9

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

13 hours ago, Mr_Theoo said:

No need to apologize! It was still a fun round with y’all. They had plenty of cool holes visually but the conditions were just bad. I did have that sweet chip in on 9 though

👍 Yes you did and Blake's as well.

• Like 2

In the bag:
Bag: 

I played yesterday at da club. First swing on #1, hit it off the heel and dribbled it down the left rough...what a start! Ended the front 9 with a 45. The back 9 didn't start too well either with a bogey on 10 and 11. Got another birdie on the longish par 3 12th, then I somewhat found my driver swing and shot a 41 on the back for a mediocre 86.

• Like 8

In the bag:
Bag: