MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

Quick 9 yesterday...awful putting day. It was actually amusing after the third hole when I realized I had zero touch. I took my own advice from a drill I shared here a few days ago and started to putt to an area of the hole for my makable putts inside 12’. I was essentially lag-putting everything.

I had 17 total putts for a 39 on an otherwise fantastic ball striking day.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TS1 4-G Nippon Modus3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Maltby TSW 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

4/7 fairways
1/9 greens
15 putts

I couldn't hit driver today worth anything, everything was off the toe and short. Hit a couple that caught the ground before the ball, but fortunately my putter saved my round. Screenshot_20190903-153630.jpeg
I probably shouldn't mention how good the putter was because putters are fickle little beasts that will come back and bite you, but it's the best handicap Arccos has ever recorded with it. Heck, I didn't have a three putt.

I spent the round experimenting with the set wedges and while they did ok, I really missed my 56 and 60.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 9

41/42 (83) with a double bogey on both sides.  Our course just went through a huge 5 day match play championship that beat up the course pretty good.  Filled a lot of divots and repaired a lot of ball marks that my group didn't make.  Course was hard and the greens were hard/fast.  I putted okay, but missed several that I easily could have made.

• Like 8

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

FW: :taylormade-small:M4 - 3HL (16.5 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-W KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

After 10 or so minutes with driver, 3h. and 6i, I was off to a quick 9 hole before Satan arrived to heat things up.

Hit a fair 45, with 4 strokes due to penalty (OB and a splasher) and a rather comical sand trap event.  My true amateur nature came through on that one!

16 putts, 5 FIR, 3 GIR. Average with the driver was 200+, hybrids played well.

Big take away is that I rushed myself the last few holes to finish before the furnace kicked in.  Last time I played this 9 I shot a 52, so I went to obtain more coffee with a smile

• Like 6

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

81 today.  1 double, no birdies. 

• Like 8

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Hadnt played in 6 days or so and it showed. Played Tokatee which isa real special course here in Oregon. Not a tough layout but the greens make up for it. Horrible range time before as well left me WTH...Skied to an 87..couldnt put a compete hole together. Hit a green then3 putt...Couldnt hit a green wirh my wedges.and my misses were short sided wirh tough chips/pitches,  and struggled to get up and down. Greens were SLICK.What a course though!

• Like 8

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

6 hours ago, CarlH said:

81 today.  1 double, no birdies. 

Not bad!!!  Sounds like one of my typical rounds.  

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

35 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

Hadnt played in 6 days or so and it showed. Played Tokatee which isa real special course here in Oregon. Not a tough layout but the greens make up for it. Horrible range time before as well left me WTH...Skied to an 87..couldnt put a compete hole together. Hit a green then3 putt...Couldnt hit a green wirh my wedges.and my misses were short sided wirh tough chips/pitches,  and struggled to get up and down. Greens were SLICK.What a course though!

I haven't played Tokatee but it's on my list.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

23 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I haven't played Tokatee but it's on my list.

It was my 1st trip and I wasnt dissapointed. Amazing shape in amazing environment. The greens were what I would call big boy greens. 

• Like 2

5W- Alpha XS

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

6/14 fir

13/18 gir

30 putts

Spent 2 days working on my stroke and even though I didn’t make much, putting was much better. Hit it well although driving was not the greatest. Prototypical boring round of golf. 

• Like 9

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:taylormade-small:             M5 15* (Ventus Black 7x) 43"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-AW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Not bad!!!  Sounds like one of my typical rounds.  

Seems to be my norm, anymore

Our guys group traveled to Plum Brook CC in Sandusky, Ohio. VERY fast greens yesterday. Got a 94 but better yet our team won $11. each and I won $5. in skins. I was pretty happy with the cash and outside of 3 blow up holes I played decent. 

This is hole #16 at PBCC. The pic is a bit deceiving as the tee box is about 50'  higher than the green. Also bunkers surround virtually all of the green (340*) except for the the small area on the lower right. There's also a creek before the bunkers and a pond on the left.  Yup I parred that one 😁

IMG_5220.JPG

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Our guys group traveled to Plum Brook CC in Sandusky, Ohio. VERY fast greens yesterday. Got a 94 but better yet our team won $11. each and I won $5. in skins. I was pretty happy with the cash and outside of 3 blow up holes I played decent. 

This is hole #16 at PBCC. The pic is a bit deceiving as the tee box is about 50'  higher than the green. Also bunkers surround virtually all of the green (340*) except for the the small area on the lower right. There's also a creek before the bunkers and a pond on the left.  Yup I parred that one 😁

IMG_5220.JPG

Pretty pic..thats northof Columbus right?

• Like 1

5W- Alpha XS

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Not well 😞

After the first hole (par),  too many multiple errors .. per hole .. led to more doubles and 1 triple than bogeys.

Had trouble focusing and committing to the shot - especially on close-in wedges....

Well.. we'll git 'em next time!

• Like 7

WITB of an "aspiring" 😉 play-ah ...

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*; Tensei CK Blue)
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)

Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR)
Tour Edge HL4 #4 iron-wood (UST Mamiya)
Callaway Big Bertha CF19 6i (Recoil ZTR) / Apex CF16 7i-PW (Recoil ES 760)
Hogan Equalizer 50/54/58 black (Recoil ES 760 black SmacWrap)
Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)

...all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

This is hole #16 at PBCC. The pic is a bit deceiving as the tee box is about 50'  higher than the green. Also bunkers surround virtually all of the green (340*) except for the the small area on the lower right. There's also a creek before the bunkers and a pond on the left.  Yup I parred that one 

IMG_5220.JPG.38224fbe664d5eefcb820ce8835fbea4.JPG

Man - I miss Ohio in September. It might honestly be the prettiest place ever in September. I used to live in Sheffield Lake - right on Lake Erie and I swear the sky is so blue and the grass so green - golf courses are always beautiful. I live in Oklahoma now and no one would ever accuse it of being beautiful...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

I played Horn Rapids GC across town today.  I only play it a few times a year when a group there is short a fourth for the game of Wolf.  Last time I played there was in the spring.  A fun game as all players are fairly equal in ability.

I played OK; shot 81 but played all par 3's horribly.  My only decent par 3 was #17; pushed my shot right and my ball ran down the cart path to the desert.  My second shot was from about 30 yards which I stuck to a foot with my 60º Callaway PM Grind for par.  I was the only par in the group and the Wolf had to pay double quarters.

My best holes were #1 and #18; birdies on both.  A quarter on #1 and double quarters on #18.  My buddy that I play with in my Monday walking group at my course and I cleaned up against the other two players.  My buddy shot 78 and  finished 9 quarters up and I finished 6 quarters up.

• Like 6

75 today from the back tees at Mansion Ridge. Greens were not in great shape but the company was excellent.

IMG_2040.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"