MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our guys group traveled to Plum Brook CC in Sandusky, Ohio. VERY fast greens yesterday. Got a 94 but better yet our team won $11. each and I won $5. in skins. I was pretty happy with the cash and outside of 3 blow up holes I played decent. 
This is hole #16 at PBCC. The pic is a bit deceiving as the tee box is about 50'  higher than the green. Also bunkers surround virtually all of the green (340*) except for the the small area on the lower right. There's also a creek before the bunkers and a pond on the left.  Yup I parred that one 

IMG_5220.JPG.38224fbe664d5eefcb820ce8835fbea4.JPG

Man - I miss Ohio in September. It might honestly be the prettiest place ever in September. I used to live in Sheffield Lake - right on Lake Erie and I swear the sky is so blue and the grass so green - golf courses are always beautiful. I live in Oklahoma now and no one would ever accuse it of being beautiful...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

I played Horn Rapids GC across town today.  I only play it a few times a year when a group there is short a fourth for the game of Wolf.  Last time I played there was in the spring.  A fun game as all players are fairly equal in ability.

I played OK; shot 81 but played all par 3's horribly.  My only decent par 3 was #17; pushed my shot right and my ball ran down the cart path to the desert.  My second shot was from about 30 yards which I stuck to a foot with my 60º Callaway PM Grind for par.  I was the only par in the group and the Wolf had to pay double quarters.

My best holes were #1 and #18; birdies on both.  A quarter on #1 and double quarters on #18.  My buddy that I play with in my Monday walking group at my course and I cleaned up against the other two players.  My buddy shot 78 and  finished 9 quarters up and I finished 6 quarters up.

• Like 6

75 today from the back tees at Mansion Ridge. Greens were not in great shape but the company was excellent.

IMG_2040.JPG

• Like 6

75 today from the back tees at Mansion Ridge. Greens were not in great shape but the company was excellent.

IMG_2040.thumb.JPG.ffcde4ffa909d77e6baa97c4ab7bb027.JPG

Larry makes you look small!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Haha 1

Tale of two nines --- I bogeyed #9 to make the turn at 1 under (35).  On the back, things didn't go quite as well.  Lipped out a par putt on #10, pushed my par putt on #11.  On #12 par 5, I hit one under a tree and had to take an unplayable lie, but even with 2 club lengths, my swing was restricted.  Ended up triple bogeying the hole for a snowman.  Ended shooting 6 over for the round (78, adjusted for posting to a 77).    Struck the ball very well most of the day, but the sad part is that I probably missed 4 short putts that one expects to make 9 out of 10 times.

• Like 7

Played in my league's first round championship match play and drew the course pro🤦‍♂️.  Started strong winning the first hole but just couldn't get an approach shot remotely close to the green.  I have to say that the Cleveland RTX 4 wedges kept me in it since I had to rely on them a lot but in the end, a 🤬🤬🤬bulky driver sealed my fate.  Lost 2 and 1.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 6

Larry makes you look small!

He makes most humans look small. One big dude.

• Like 1

Pretty pic..thats northof Columbus right?

Yup about 2 hours. Sandusky is right on Lake Erie.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Played in my league's first round championship match play and drew the course pro🤦‍♂️.  Started strong winning the first hole but just couldn't get an approach shot remotely close to the green.  I have to say that the Cleveland RTX 4 wedges kept me in it since I had to rely on them a lot but in the end, a 🤬🤬🤬bulky driver sealed my fate.  Lost 2 and 1.

MDGolfHacker

You gave it hell Grasshopper, getim next year.

• Like 1

Played my home course this afternoon to a +4. 1 bird and no doubles. Two bogeys came when I played through others. Seems to be the norm when play through. I need to stay in my game when I play through and not rush.

No stats tonite as I wasnt feeling it but I think I hit 11/18 GIR which I am happy with. 

• Like 9

Played 9 at Navy Marine with @yungkory today. 42, 43% FIR, 33% GIR and 17 putts. Got off to a crap start but ended up hitting some decent shots overall.

• Like 9

“Bacon Boys” Exec 9 this morning. A new course to me, 7:00 am first groups out. I really liked this not so little Exec bad shots were wet or marsh. Greens were nice and rolled beautiful.
Hit the ball pretty good, one lost ball that messed up my score. Pushed a tee shot that I thought was just off the green but just off the green meant ankle high rough.
Breakfast followed and welcomed by all! I love my job
Oh, 2 bird, 4 pars the rest “others”.

• Like 7

Decided to mix things up a bit without Arccos....

Driver Wilson Staff Triton
3W & 5W PowerBilt Air Force 1(2nd gen)
Tour Edge CBX119 4 Hybrid
5-8 iron PowerBilt Air Force 1
41/45/49/53/57 SCOR Wedges
Putter Ping Ketsch

Shot a 45/42:87 at Pebble Creek

Every club was hit during the round.

• Like 9

Decided to mix things up a bit without Arccos....

Driver Wilson Staff Triton
3W & 5W PowerBilt Air Force 1(2nd gen)
Tour Edge CBX119 4 Hybrid
5-8 iron PowerBilt Air Force 1
41/45/49/53/57 SCOR Wedges
Putter Ping Ketsch

Shot a 45/42:87 at Pebble Creek

Every club was hit during the round.

Foz
Do you prefer to play with Arccos or without?
I’m asking because I’m not sure about the Arccos.

5/14 fir

10/18 gir

29 putts

Wow what a round, had just about everything. Driving a par 4, a hosel rocket, missing 2 6 footers then making 2 putts over 20 feet. Pretty much golf summed up in 1 round. 9 pars 4 birdies 5 bogies. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 8

36 today (e). 4/9 gir. 2/9 fir. 14 putts. Not solid. Just good at getting up and down.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, dhartmann34 said:

36 today (e). 4/9 gir. 2/9 fir. 24 putts. Not solid. Just good at getting up and down.

Wow!!  You were using your putter from everywhere!  Nice job!   😃

• Like 3

Wow!!  You were using your putter from everywhere!  Nice job!   
oops

• Like 3

2 double bogeys on the front nine and shoot 2 over (38) followed by an even par backside for a sweet 74.  12 pars, 3 birdies, a bogey and 2 doubles.  

Played 6-6-6 game today (aggregate score net) and I was on the losing end of that deal!  Lost 2 of the 3 matches, pushing the third.

• Like 6