MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Low 70’s? You talking my age?
That’s great shootin, keep it going emoji106.png

Low 70's is perfect golf weather.  😀

• Like 5

15 hours ago, CarlH said:

Had the season end Senior stroke play tournament today.  Rough start, shooting 43 on the front 9 (2 doubles).  Turned it around on the back and shot a 1 over 37.  80 for the tourney.   Felt like I was striking the ball decent today, particularly my irons, but my putter is really becoming troubling to me.  I don't know if I'm having an aim issue or a path issue, but I'm just missing the edges.  Going to a resort course tomorrow.  Hopefully, my putter will behave 🙂  

A very good back nine!!  That's a positive.

I don't know if I'm having an aim issue or a path issue, but I'm just missing the edges. 

Well, there you go...  Stop aiming for the edges, and aim for the middle of the hole!!!!!   🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

A very good back nine!!  That's a positive.

I don't know if I'm having an aim issue or a path issue, but I'm just missing the edges. 

Well, there you go...  Stop aiming for the edges, and aim for the middle of the hole!!!!!   🤣

See, easy fix

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Why didn't I think of that?  😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1st round in a week thanks to a  tweaked shoulder. Carted 9 to check it out before buddy and I hit the road for a round down the road. 2 birdies 2 bogeys for even par. Lipped another birdie and par putt. Had some heavy rains this week so I really enjoyed puting the ball on the stick instead of dumping them in short. 

• Like 5

1st round in a week thanks to a  tweaked shoulder. Carted 9 to check it out before buddy and I hit the road for a round down the road. 2 birdies 2 bogeys for even par. Lipped another birdie and par putt. Had some heavy rains this week so I really enjoyed puting the ball on the stick instead of dumping them in short. 

Well done.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rickp said:

Low 70’s? You talking my age?
That’s great shootin, keep it going emoji106.png

Shot a 74 today. 

Ive got 4 things that I think are making the difference in my game.

1) joined a nice CC and shoot 4-5 times a week- rinse, lather and repeat.

2) one piece takeaway. Driver has become very consistent 

3) mizzy blades... much shorter and deadly accurate

4) playing with a scratch player everyday. He’s helped me get my putting under control, where now I’m a decent putter.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Wierd round tonight.  Drove the ball the best I have all year.  Long and straight. Solid approach game and putter.   Decent wedge play not great not horrible.   Had a 51 but it felt like a 43 or 44. 

All because two holes that had a combined 5 penalty strokes. One was a par 5 carded an 8. But the last hole I went Tin Cup with 3 balls in the water trying to clear the water hazard on my approach to the green.  Ended up with a quad. 

Oh well.  That's golf 😜

😱

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kenny B said:

😱

Yeah, that was one reaction, here was another 😡

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Final of the Snr Scratch Championship............

I was never down in the match, then at the 13th I decided to play like a novice and lost 5 in a row with bogie golf to lose 2 and 1

I def need a new putter.  🙄

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

30 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Final of the Snr Scratch Championship............

I was never down in the match, then at the 13th I decided to play like a novice and lost 5 in a row with bogie golf to lose 2 and 1

I def need a new putter.  🙄

... Sorry my man, that is a tough loss. But you mis-spelled a word. "Putter" and the correct spelling is "Puttee". 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Sorry my man, that is a tough loss. But you mis-spelled a word. "Putter" and the correct spelling is "Puttee". 😉

I'd be better off with Putty! 😜

• Like 4

Yeah, that was one reaction, here was another 

we've all been there - and in my case all too often

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

One of the guys that I played with last night asked me if they had my score wrong.  He said "The way you drove the ball there's no way you shot 51".   I laughed and said, "fraid so"    He just shook his head and said "That's the best damn 51 I've ever seen"
LOL!  So I've got that going for me!

We’ve all done that also.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mr.hicksta said:

Met up with @cnosil for what turned out to be an efficient 18. 87 (45/42), 21% FIR, 28% GIR and 34 putts. I hit a number of wayward shots and lost a few balls, but had some stretches of steady play. It was super humid, but we had a great time!

It was a definitely a great time but the humidity was pretty brutal.  I honestly have no idea what I shot;  just enjoyed the company and didn't keep score.  I hit the ball pretty well and  lost a couple of balls,  one because @mr.hicksta didn't tell me I could drive through the fairway 🤣.    Greens were a little ragged and still healing from aeration; looked like aeration was about 2 week ago.  

11 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So you got out with MyGolfSpys version of the Most Wamted Testing Robot 😜

He has one of the smoothest and most consistent swings I've seen.  

Appreciate the compliments,  your royalty payment is in the mail 🙂

• Like 9