MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Played at The Babe on Tuesday, bag full of my Hogan Ptx Irons. Shot a 37/44:81.

Played at my club today with the Hogan’s again.....shot a 41/41:82.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

Played Exec “Bacon Boys 9. Weird morning, either crisp decent high shots slight draw or the Dreaded low screaming duck hook scaring ducks and birds. Putting horrible, missed 4’ birdie putts.
Breakfast was awesome....

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

16 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Played at The Babe on Tuesday, bag full of my Hogan Ptx Irons. Shot a 37/44:81.

Played at my club today with the Hogan’s again.....shot a 41/41:82.

I think the Hogan's should stay in the bag mate, seems to me they're working great for you.

As for me, I played OK. Shot a pretty stinky 91 with drives all over the place. However, the 2 guys I was paired with were great company, our round time was 3.46 and my Uncle pretty much kept his mouth closed the whole 18.

• Like 6

My wife walked 9 with me, she was on call so we had to stay close to the apartment. Went to Lincoln Country Club, and it was honestly probably the worst conditions I've ever played in. Called for a tee time and they said "just come in whenever, there's no one out". When I got there, the pro shop was closed and I had to pay at their bowling alley counter. They said they had just sent 2 groups off the front, so they sent me off the back. Then I got out to the back and saw that a kid's group through the Y or something just went off the back... The guy in charge of that just said hey we're gonna be a pain to be behind, just go for the front. Such a weird experience.

Played solid enough tho, 42 even though the course was really short. Short game saved my butt, chipping and putting felt great. My driver was really inconsistent, and my ball striking wasn't nearly what it's been on the range lately, so that was a little disappointing but I scrambled well. I missed a 4' birdie putt I'd love to have back, and a 10' eagle putt, other than those 2 the flatstick was going to town. And it was nice to be able to walk it with my wife

• Like 6

Whiskey Creek Golf Club. 90 (42/48), 43% FIR, 33% GIR and 37 putts. Played decent on the front and then started spraying shots on the back. Needless to say, that didn’t help. My index keeps creeping up, which is discouraging, but that’s what I get for playing crappy golf.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

Whiskey Creek Golf Club. 90 (42/48), 43% FIR, 33% GIR and 37 putts. Played decent on the front and then started spraying shots on the back. Needless to say, that didn’t help. My index keeps creeping up, which is discouraging, but that’s what I get for playing crappy golf.

You had a couple bad breaks. You are hitting the  ball well

• Like 4

Shot 39/43:82 today at my club, Pebble Creek. Grabbed 3rd place in the Points game.....had only one Birdie. Hitting my drives and irons very well. Not to mention Rolling the Tommy Armour very smooth.

• Like 8

I think the Hogan's should stay in the bag mate, seems to me they're working great for you.

No doubt, they will be going to Hilton Head with me next week.

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).
  • Like 5

- 46 (+10) / 45 ESC  

- 1/7 FIR 

- 1/9 GIR

- 16 Putts (1 3-putt, 5 2-putts, 3 1-putts) 

Played some of my best golf of the year for the first three holes and then the wheels kind of fell off. 

Blow-up hole came on No. 4. A 10-some (not kidding...) let me play through and I promptly topped my 3 wood into the weeds. Kind of rattled me a bit and ended up really struggling with my swing for the rest of the round. Shame. As I said above, the first three holes were some of my best golf of the year.

Ended up hitting two long par putts to save the round somewhat on No. 8 and No. 9. 

Remove the blow-up hole and I'd be totally OK with the round.

• Like 9

- 44/43 = 87 (+15)

- 8/15 FIR 

- 4/18 GIR (1 birdie)

- 35 Putts (2 3-putts, 13 2-putts, 3 1-putts) 

Driver was miserable this morning, but today's blow up hole was a triple bogey on a par 3 thanks to blading one out of the greenside bunker over the green and behind a tree. 

Had one "perfect" hole, No. 10. 255-yard driver in the middle, wedge to five feet, center cup on a rather slippery little putt. 

Trying to believe Rotella in that holes like that are not just anomalies but rather a golfers true potential. Hit some great shots again this morning, especially with irons and wedges, but I just can't get things to be consistent. One round I'll drive the ball well (like last weekend) and cost myself shots with a poor short game, and then this weekend I drive the ball terribly but excel with my wedges. 

• Like 7

Played in our annual family scramble today. Had a good driver day and hit some other good shots and talked some 💩.

@MaxEntropy got the closest to on the #3 par 3 and his mate Mike got the closest to on the #6 par 3, so they both got their entry fee back.

We ended up being 7 under, when you consider the calibre of some of the others that play, we did well.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, MattF said:

Played in our annual family scramble today. Had a good driver day and hit some other good shots and talked some 💩.

@MaxEntropy got the closest to on the #3 par 3 and his mate Mike got the closest to on the #6 par 3, so they both got their entry fee back.

We ended up being 7 under, when you consider the calibre of some of the others that play, we did well.

Had a great time. Felt like I was hitting the ball pretty well today. Already looking forward to next year to see if I can make it 3 in a row for getting my fee back. 

• Like 6

Struggled a bit today playing back one set of tees from where I prefer to play.  I don't normally loose golf balls, but today I put 3 in the water on 3 different holes.  Iron play was pretty good today, but got some bad breaks and just didn't score well.  44/42, but the team did well and I did get 1 gross skin, so netted a few bucks.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Struggled a bit today playing back one set of tees from where I prefer to play.  I don't normally loose golf balls, but today I put 3 in the water on 3 different holes.  Iron play was pretty good today, but got some bad breaks and just didn't score well.  44/42, but the team did well and I did get 1 gross skin, so netted a few bucks.

... Maybe you should have picked up 4 dozen of the new Kirkland Signature 4 piece balls. 😉

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Maybe you should have picked up 4 dozen of the new Kirkland Signature 4 piece balls. 😉

Haha!   Well, 2 of the 3 balls had already played at least 18 holes and I'm playing Snell at $28/dozen.  A bit more than the Kirkland's but at least they weren't brand new ProV's 🙂

• Like 5