Jump to content
MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Recommended Posts

Great attitude ! We should all keep that in mind...golf is fun🏌️♂️


Sure it’s easy to have that attitude when you play 4 times a week like Sluggo. 🤣


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played in a 4 man best ball tournament yesterday from the Senior tees. 5400 yards. It was a total joke but the money was for charity, so it all worked out.

 

3 of the 4 in our group were low single digit. The longest we had into a par 4 was 55 yards. The longest shot we had into a par 5 was 145. We drove a couple of par 4s. We finished the day at 51. It was a hell of a lot of fun at least!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Yadirtydog! said:

I played in a 4 man best ball tournament yesterday from the Senior tees. 5400 yards. It was a total joke but the money was for charity, so it all worked out.

 

3 of the 4 in our group were low single digit. The longest we had into a par 4 was 55 yards. The longest shot we had into a par 5 was 145. We drove a couple of par 4s. We finished the day at 51. It was a hell of a lot of fun at least!

Nice round.  I'm happy you guys had fun, and I hope the charity was a good one.  

It would have to be a good one for me to play.  My group of seniors don't play in events like this because it's not much fun for us when a group of low single digits shoot 51 and think it's a joke.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last Men's League 18 today. I played terrible on the front including a double and a triple on 2  par 5's. Ended the front with a 50. Did better on the back, including a bird on a par 5 with a 44. For a total of 94. Drives were all straight but my gap wedge just didn't want to cooperate. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went out for a solo 18 hole round since league and men’s club are over. Just a beautiful day with barely a soul on the course. Oddly, I was so relaxed but played so poorly. I started off snap hooking my driver- 3 and 4 irons all over the lot. Than near the end of the round I started hitting huge push slices with the driver that went right of right. The short irons were bad as well. Started off as weak pushes and finished with pulls left. I guess in the scope of things it doesn’t matter since I was a solo. But can’t explain how this total break down seems to creep in quite frequently. My clubs are all custom fit and yet the dispersion is so erratic. I’m always monitoring my setup - stance and ball position along with a good tempo. Really frustrated now  

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Big money said:

Went out for a solo 18 hole round since league and men’s club are over. Just a beautiful day with barely a soul on the course. Oddly, I was so relaxed but played so poorly. I started off snap hooking my driver- 3 and 4 irons all over the lot. Than near the end of the round I started hitting huge push slices with the driver that went right of right. The short irons were bad as well. Started off as weak pushes and finished with pulls left. I guess in the scope of things it doesn’t matter since I was a solo. But can’t explain how this total break down seems to creep in quite frequently. My clubs are all custom fit and yet the dispersion is so erratic. I’m always monitoring my setup - stance and ball position along with a good tempo. Really frustrated now  

Can't really diagnose without video, of course, but my bet would be on posture, setup, balance, and tempo.  One or more are out of sync.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played with my eldest son in our regular Monday game. We played at Westwood in Norman OK - it's quite a short course only 6162 from the black tees with a par of 70 but a good little course. They had a rep from Titleist who was giving out 2-ball sample packs so that was nice - they gave me a pack of ProV1's and AVX and my son Tour Soft and AVX. I played the round with the ProV1 - such a great ball (no duh I know). I started out with 3 birdies in a row (Par 5, par3, par4) before I cooled off a bit. I had a good round although I missed more greens than normal. I missed a few on the fringe which left me good putts so that number is a bit misleading. No bogies but I was never in trouble really - I only had to work for one par and that was on the 6th hole. The 6th is a short par 5 of 465 but it is an awkward driving hole for me and I heeled my tee shot. I hit a short fade to the middle of the fairway but laid up to 62 yards. I hit what I thought was a perfect low pitch that flew the green. I had a delicate 4th but the greens were wet and receptive and I was able to get up and down. The I only had 22 putts because of taking putts from off the green so that number is a bit deceptive as well. As always, I had a great time with my son - I really treasure my Monday rounds with him.

FIR 9/12

GIR 10/18

Putts 22

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played Old South GC in Blufton, SC today.....just off Hilton Head Island.

 

Front nine was super, shot 40. Back nine was a nightmare, shooting a 46....several holes were forced carry over marshland to a landing area then another forced carry to the green.....missed the Par by a fraction of an inch! Overall play was fun, the fairways had plenty of grass under the ball. My cost was $45(as a timeshare owner)....one Par 3 had a deal the pro shop would double what you bet if you get on the green, which I bet $20 and made the green....140 yards. I am taking off tomorrow and driving to Savannah with the girls. Hopefully I will play Thursday & Friday before returning home on Saturday.

 

 

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red Wing Lake Golf Course. Quick 9 after class.

38, 100% FIR, 67% GIR and 17 putts (two 3 putts). What a difference a coupe days makes!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CarlH said:

Can't really diagnose without video, of course, but my bet would be on posture, setup, balance, and tempo.  One or more are out of sync.

Agree Carl. When it rains it pours in this game 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not the greatest score today, but it was a great round with my dad at the Nicklaus course at Pine Hills in Plymouth, MA. Got paired up with two members who were great about where to aim and what to avoid. Unfortunately they weren't aware that my father & I have ZERO control over where our ball goes... if it goes forward, we're happy!
5 penalty strokes which really hurt, all of them off the tee. I had another hole where I caught the driver dead perfect and blew through the fairway and landed in thick straw. 4 shots later and I was back on the fairway.
I did have 3 pars so I'll take what I can. The greens here are FAST, like "putt from 10 feet off the green and you're rolling off the other side of the green 50 feet away" fast. Par 3s were kryptonite to me today - 3 of them were triples. Ugh. Need to work on that.
54/56 = 110
IMG_5482.JPG.e738ac590d8429fa63393f03dcc8358b.JPG
 
IMG_5478.JPG.d576523d1d9c40a84555a92187ed8c97.JPG
Looks like you and your dad had a great time on a beautiful course. Don't matter what the score was, it's those memories you keep forever.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a decent night in league last night. It was very close to a very good 9 for me, except for a double on our first hole thanks to a skulled gap wedge and a triple after a very tragic tee ball that I push-sliced into a tree that kicked almost straight back for a 74 yard total carry 🙄. From there I struggled to recover even though I felt like I was trying to play relatively conservatively. I also had a stupid 3-putt bogey on a par 3. Other than that I had 3 pars and a birdie for a +7 43 with 15 total putts and I hit 5/7 fairways. Iron play was pretty sketchy again, but not horrible. Birdie hole below. The 3W off the tee was probably the best/longest I've hit in years. I wish I could bottle that swing....

1779081349_Hole142.thumb.png.bdf200a24a05b41ff3f0795d14c7f33c.png

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Last Men's League 18 today. I played terrible on the front including a double and a triple on 2  par 5's. Ended the front with a 50. Did better on the back, including a bird on a par 5 with a 44. For a total of 94. Drives were all straight but my gap wedge just didn't want to cooperate. 

Happened again yesterday - after playing 18 in league yesterday (see above) came home did a bunch of yard work - then my wife gets home from Bridge and says "do you want to run out and play 9 with me". Afterwards... oh the aches and pains ... 😱...... so I popped aspirin all night. On the other hand I shouldn't complain since she wants to golf. 

  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2019 at 8:26 PM, revkev said:

 


Sure it’s easy to have that attitude when you play 4 times a week like Sluggo. emoji31.pngemoji56.png🤣


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

 

I play once or twice a week myself. Didn't get to play at all last week because of Tropical Storm Imelda flooding us here in Houston🌀.

But I will be playing Thursday and Saturday ( handicap Association Tourney ) this week 👍

I'll try to keep a good attitude lol 

Edited by daviddvm
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

I had a decent night in league last night. It was very close to a very good 9 for me, except for a double on our first hole thanks to a skulled gap wedge and a triple after a very tragic tee ball that I push-sliced into a tree that kicked almost straight back for a 74 yard total carry 🙄. From there I struggled to recover even though I felt like I was trying to play relatively conservatively. I also had a stupid 3-putt bogey on a par 3. Other than that I had 3 pars and a birdie for a +7 43 with 15 total putts and I hit 5/7 fairways. Iron play was pretty sketchy again, but not horrible. Birdie hole below. The 3W off the tee was probably the best/longest I've hit in years. I wish I could bottle that swing....

1779081349_Hole142.thumb.png.bdf200a24a05b41ff3f0795d14c7f33c.png

268 3 wood?? Mate, don't think about buying a driver.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carted 18 this afternoon for a +2.  No stats but my putting was good, irons spots on, and pitching and chipping got me up and down when needed. 1 chip in birdie and 1 greenside sand save as well. 

Driver was so so and cost me a bogey. Beautiful fall day on an empty course. 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 holes today at a course I am quite familiar with, and, the results showed that well.

I played the forward tees today, which I always have used. So, the yardage today was 5875.

Due to the storms of the past few days, there was some casual water, but none of it came into play for me this round.

Score was 82 (10 over Par). I usually shoot 95+ here.

This was the frustration of the day, a handful of better shots here or there I might have beaten 80!  Still, this was the best score of the year 2019 so far.  

I hit 50% of  fairways, another best for me.  And I have become harder on myself in counting "fairways" for myself.  This aspect has faltered due to poor direction for the last few months. When I missed a fairway it was from controllable reasons.

Of the 4 par three holes, I landed two drives in good position in the greens. 4 GIR total.

33 putts total, 5 of which were close but no cigars on the longest lines.

I saved par on 5 primarily to some good putting.

7 of the tee shots were rather off line, and I had 3 OB from the tee.  As well, I sent one swimming in a pond just off the green.  So penalties were, for me, way too plentiful

I am working to be ready for a seniors open tournament in November!

Edited by DrMJG
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First time playing Timberton Golf Course in Hattiesburg, MS. Great condition, but I didn’t care for the layout with all of the blind shots off the tee, and Par 5s that require an iron off the tee box... I call courses like this “Rinky-Dink”. Shot 82 simply because I didn’t have my laser in my bag, so I had no way to get distances to the corners on the stupid holes. Three times I hit hybrid off the tee and was LONG, into the trees. Ugh.
Hit the driver well, and could’ve been in the 70s pretty easily if I knew the course. Neither of the Par 5s on the back allowed for a driver, even 3 wood. Ridiculous. A 4 iron off the tee on a Par 5... So stupid.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MattF said:

268 3 wood?? Mate, don't think about buying a driver.

I can't hit my driver 268, but I can hit it consistently straighter than my 3W!!!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played a relaxed practice 9 today in perfect conditions. Shot 2 over, which is much better than I have been playing. 3/7 fairways, 3/9 greens (including both par 3's) Managed to miss in good places and putting was solid. Hopefully I can take this sort of play out  for real next time I play.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...