MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

Snuck out with a friend for a quick 9 on the executive course I played couples league at. Shot a 34 (+3) again which seems to be a barrier I just can't break there. Iron play was close to trash.  Chipping was a complete mixed bag.  The putter saved me multiple times. I am guessing it knows it is on notice with a testing opportunity coming up. If the Cameron keeps this up, the Cleveland Frontline will need to be quite stellar to work itself into the rotation. 

Based off of @chisag 's last putting tip I moved the ball forward about a ball in the stance and it worked for a short round. Let's hope that is sustainable. 

• Like 9

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

A casual Sunday afternoon practice round at a course I haven't played in years.  Nothing great starting out, but then found my groove on the back nine, maybe inspired by the college kid I paired up with who was nutting it something fierce.

Had back to back birdies on #15 and #16 before I had to quit for the day.  15 & 16 are two of the hardest holes on the golf course, where both have highly elevated greens, where you are guessing at club selection from whatever yardage you have from the fairway.  I just happened to have good numbers on both approach shots to make it easier.  Several groups backed up on 17 tee made my decision to quit easy.  But the 9 iron to about 2 feet below the hole for the easy birdie putt definitely gave me something positive to lead into my next round.

• Like 8

• :ping-small: G400 Driver, 3 Fairway
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Irons - 18° & 21°
  • :Hogan: Ft. Worth Hi Utility Iron - 24°
  • :callaway-small: Forged Razr X 6-A Wedge irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 54° & 58°
  • :ping-small: Sigma2 Tyne Putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX7 Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

18 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Hopefully, I'll play better tomorrow.  It's supposed to be 80º and sunshine.  My goal is to shoot the temperature!  😎

I hope it drops into the 60s and you *still* make your goal!! 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

WITB of an "aspiring" 😉 play-ah ...

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*; Tensei CK Blue)
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)

Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR)
Tour Edge HL4 #4 iron-wood (UST Mamiya)
Callaway Big Bertha CF19 6i (Recoil ZTR) / Apex CF16 7i-PW (Recoil ES 760)
Hogan Equalizer 50/54/58 black (Recoil ES 760 black SmacWrap)
Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)

...all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Played much better vs. recently; was on a short 9-hole course with very windy and gusty conditions. Finished +5 (Par 35); have to check if this ties or is my new PB on this course.

Didn't hit many fairways today but all the tee shots were playable; did hit 3 greens - including the hardest hole (dogleg left to a very small and sloped green) and the closing Par 3 (over a pond, wind from the right).

Had one double after missing the green right .. I pitched it too low onto the slope running away from me and the ball rolled off the green and down the hill on the far side. Otherwise three bogeys and five (5!) pars (yeah!).

Hit a new club off one tee - a Tour Edge HL4 iron-wood. They're offering a $40 trial of a #6 .. and if I keep liking this I may go for a #5 or a #4 to fill a gap b/w my current 6i and 4H.

• Like 7

WITB of an "aspiring" 😉 play-ah ...

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*; Tensei CK Blue)
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)

Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR)
Tour Edge HL4 #4 iron-wood (UST Mamiya)
Callaway Big Bertha CF19 6i (Recoil ZTR) / Apex CF16 7i-PW (Recoil ES 760)
Hogan Equalizer 50/54/58 black (Recoil ES 760 black SmacWrap)
Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)

...all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Played the back 9 on our course today. Did ok with a couple of blow out holes. Two bad pitches turned what could have been 2 pars into 2 doubles. . Ended up with a 43 so I wasn't too upset. Had this visitor on the tee box on our #15, a par 3, fortunately I'm not too superstitious. I did get a bogie on that hole so maybe subconsciously.........

IMG_5025.JPGIMG_5026.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

18 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Played the back 9 on our course today. Did ok with a couple of blow out holes. Two bad pitches turned what could have been 2 pars into 2 doubles. emoji35.png. Ended up with a 43 so I wasn't too upset. Had this visitor on the tee box on our #15, a par 3, fortunately I'm not too superstitious. I did get a bogie on that hole so maybe subconsciously.........

IMG_5025.JPGIMG_5026.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Hey!!  What's one of our cats doing in Ohio??

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I played better this morning but only had time for 9 holes with the 3 geezers walking.  Shot +4, which after yesterday's +11 on the front nine seemed like I was cruisin'.

Bright and early...

IMG_4452.thumb.jpg.f86859aba69605a48ce340b7a8433f39.jpg

• Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Today was a scheduled 18 at my local course.  Weather was very favorable, teed off at 65º, though, being AZ, it did warm up to upper 80s when I finished

Of the available course options, for some reason, I choose the one that demanded the most accuracy.

~5,700 from the forward tees. 73.2 rating, 119 slope. Water all over the place. More than a few trees and traps, but none came into play today.

Score was 90. 38 putts (missed way too many "short"), hit 8 fairways, 4 GIR, BUT 12 penalty shots as I sent 3 drives swimming (was able to "recover" two from a watery graves) and one OB by a lot. 

Way too many bogies were interspersed with 3 pars and a 3 double bogies.

Most of my not good shots were off the tee; I had not really focused on it in the last 2 - 3 weeks. Way too many shots ended left and distance was only so so.

Good work with my 4h, but too many of those shots were true recovery.

Edited by DrMJG
  • Like 7

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I played better this morning but only had time for 9 holes with the 3 geezers walking.  Shot +4, which after yesterday's +11 on the front nine seemed like I was cruisin'.

Bright and early...

Watch those geezer comments; I resemble that remark!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Bright and early...

That's a cool photo!

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

11 minutes ago, DrMJG said:

Watch those geezer comments; I resemble that remark!

Many of us on this forum do!!

• Like 4

Finally had two back to back rounds in the 80s for the first time in at least a year if not two. Started out with a 87 at the secondary course I get with my membership. Started on the back which I only played once and it was a roller coaster. Had a bunch of pars a few bogeys and a few others.
Went back to my home course which I've found very difficult due to the combination of distance and angles. Every par 3 has trouble left including 3 holes with water and there's several holes where a lay up is where you hit 3 wood instead of driver. The low light was 17 where I hit a knock down 8 iron into a river trying to stay short of the green. (Mission accomplished). Highlight was getting up and down from 40 yards and sinking a 12 footer for par.
With the weather changing, the course will likely play a lot tougher due to soft turf and less distance. I'm already looking forward to summer golf next year.

Would you like to play next Sunday after church? If so we could try to do SPCC on the South Side just over the bridge.

I shot 76 under brutal conditions yesterday - course was wet, wind was 15-25 either across or in (there was literally never a downwind Shot).

My longest drive was 218, course was over 6,000 from the tees that we played.

Funniest sequence was 13/14. Hit a crappy drive, laid up on a long par 4 and scant my wedge to 5 feet - par!!! 14 hit great drive, perfect layup, beautiful wedge (same wedge) to 10 feet. 2 putt, par...

Sometimes golf makes no sense. Over a longer term it does...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 6

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Many of us on this forum do!!

What’s a “Geezer”

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

12 minutes ago, Rickp said:

What’s a “Geezer”emoji12.png

If you look in the mirror, that's what you'd see in the dictionary if you looked it up.   🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

If you look in the mirror, that's what you'd see in the dictionary if you looked it up.   🤣

Oh, the “ole fart” I see every morning

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

It was a beautiful day in OKC today - 70 degrees with a light breeze - just perfect. I was really excited to play today with my two oldest boys but I had a work situation that left me SO frustrated. I could not get my act together for the first 8 holes. I was 3 over, had hit 1 fairway and 2 greens - I just could not get my act together. I finally made a birdie on the par 3 9th whixh was the shot in the arm I needed. I started on the back 9 with three 3's - birdie, par, eagle. I cooled off a bit with 5 pars until a birdie on the par 5 18th. I went 37/31 for 68 - crazy round.

FIR 3/12
GIR 10/18 (7 for 9 on the back)
Putts 27

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Hey!!  What's one of our cats doing in Ohio??

Cat?, I thought it was a panther...😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 Stiff

:mizuno-small: MP5/MP25 combo

Sub70  Wedges 50°, 54°, 58° Raw, on Recoil 760 SmacWrap

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact #3 putter