MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

15 hours ago, MattF said:

hopefully it won't be the case on Thursday when I play Firestone West. 😁

Have fun!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Shot 92... didn't make a par until #11.

At least I'm done moving the heavy furniture.  Hopefully, I'll play better tomorrow.  It's supposed to be 80º and sunshine.  My goal is to shoot the temperature!  😎

26*C , wow that would be something 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I played Beaverhead GC in Dillon yesterday.  It was 40F when I left the house but forecast to reach 56F and full sun.  I'm glad my wife convinced me to change from shorts to jeans!  The wind in Dillon was blowing about 7 mph and I would have froze.  The course was wide open; maybe 3 or 4 other groups out.  I played solo and my normal 2-ball format.  Snell MTB-X and a yellow Titleist ProV1.  Snell shot a 45/43 and Titleist a 41/42.  Snell found the bottom of the cup on the par 4 #7 with second shot 8i from 92 yards... the first eagle this year 🤩.  My putting was less than stellar, but the rest of the bag was working.  I had a drive on #9 (with the wind) that rolled out to 294 yards - that's a bomb for me!  Better yet, the other ball was only 20 yards behind that...that G410P is pure awesomeness. The greens were "verti-cut" and sanded a couple weeks ago and still have lots of sand. The balls rolled just fine, so it was just a off day putting. 

It was kind of fun having the course to myself.  I guess the colder weather and NFL Sunday kept most home.  It was beautiful and sunny, with all the surrounding mountains covered with snow from the storm a week ago.  Sadly, this may have been my last round here in MT for 2019.  Another large cold front is heading down from Canada and forecasted to bring even more snow and colder temps than the storm a week ago 😱.  With a house carpet makeover upcoming next week, I may not get out again until we leave for Arizona early November.  For damn sure I won't be wearing shorts 🤣.

image.png.f632706790208b4e6bb273bed0e727b8.png

image.png.e819a631855ad7cc0eb5e79578e7a2e3.png 

• Like 9

Snuck out with a friend for a quick 9 on the executive course I played couples league at. Shot a 34 (+3) again which seems to be a barrier I just can't break there. Iron play was close to trash.  Chipping was a complete mixed bag.  The putter saved me multiple times. I am guessing it knows it is on notice with a testing opportunity coming up. If the Cameron keeps this up, the Cleveland Frontline will need to be quite stellar to work itself into the rotation. 

Based off of @chisag 's last putting tip I moved the ball forward about a ball in the stance and it worked for a short round. Let's hope that is sustainable. 

• Like 9

A casual Sunday afternoon practice round at a course I haven't played in years.  Nothing great starting out, but then found my groove on the back nine, maybe inspired by the college kid I paired up with who was nutting it something fierce.

Had back to back birdies on #15 and #16 before I had to quit for the day.  15 & 16 are two of the hardest holes on the golf course, where both have highly elevated greens, where you are guessing at club selection from whatever yardage you have from the fairway.  I just happened to have good numbers on both approach shots to make it easier.  Several groups backed up on 17 tee made my decision to quit easy.  But the 9 iron to about 2 feet below the hole for the easy birdie putt definitely gave me something positive to lead into my next round.

• Like 8

18 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Hopefully, I'll play better tomorrow.  It's supposed to be 80º and sunshine.  My goal is to shoot the temperature!  😎

I hope it drops into the 60s and you *still* make your goal!! 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Played much better vs. recently; was on a short 9-hole course with very windy and gusty conditions. Finished +5 (Par 35); have to check if this ties or is my new PB on this course.

Didn't hit many fairways today but all the tee shots were playable; did hit 3 greens - including the hardest hole (dogleg left to a very small and sloped green) and the closing Par 3 (over a pond, wind from the right).

Had one double after missing the green right .. I pitched it too low onto the slope running away from me and the ball rolled off the green and down the hill on the far side. Otherwise three bogeys and five (5!) pars (yeah!).

Hit a new club off one tee - a Tour Edge HL4 iron-wood. They're offering a $40 trial of a #6 .. and if I keep liking this I may go for a #5 or a #4 to fill a gap b/w my current 6i and 4H.

• Like 7

Played the back 9 on our course today. Did ok with a couple of blow out holes. Two bad pitches turned what could have been 2 pars into 2 doubles. . Ended up with a 43 so I wasn't too upset. Had this visitor on the tee box on our #15, a par 3, fortunately I'm not too superstitious. I did get a bogie on that hole so maybe subconsciously.........

IMG_5025.JPGIMG_5026.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Played the back 9 on our course today. Did ok with a couple of blow out holes. Two bad pitches turned what could have been 2 pars into 2 doubles. emoji35.png. Ended up with a 43 so I wasn't too upset. Had this visitor on the tee box on our #15, a par 3, fortunately I'm not too superstitious. I did get a bogie on that hole so maybe subconsciously.........

IMG_5025.JPGIMG_5026.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Hey!!  What's one of our cats doing in Ohio??

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I played better this morning but only had time for 9 holes with the 3 geezers walking.  Shot +4, which after yesterday's +11 on the front nine seemed like I was cruisin'.

Bright and early...

IMG_4452.thumb.jpg.f86859aba69605a48ce340b7a8433f39.jpg

• Like 9

Today was a scheduled 18 at my local course.  Weather was very favorable, teed off at 65º, though, being AZ, it did warm up to upper 80s when I finished

Of the available course options, for some reason, I choose the one that demanded the most accuracy.

~5,700 from the forward tees. 73.2 rating, 119 slope. Water all over the place. More than a few trees and traps, but none came into play today.

Score was 90. 38 putts (missed way too many "short"), hit 8 fairways, 4 GIR, BUT 12 penalty shots as I sent 3 drives swimming (was able to "recover" two from a watery graves) and one OB by a lot. 

Way too many bogies were interspersed with 3 pars and a 3 double bogies.

Most of my not good shots were off the tee; I had not really focused on it in the last 2 - 3 weeks. Way too many shots ended left and distance was only so so.

Good work with my 4h, but too many of those shots were true recovery.

Edited by DrMJG
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I played better this morning but only had time for 9 holes with the 3 geezers walking.  Shot +4, which after yesterday's +11 on the front nine seemed like I was cruisin'.

Bright and early...

Watch those geezer comments; I resemble that remark!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Bright and early...

That's a cool photo!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DrMJG said:

Watch those geezer comments; I resemble that remark!

Many of us on this forum do!!

• Like 4

Finally had two back to back rounds in the 80s for the first time in at least a year if not two. Started out with a 87 at the secondary course I get with my membership. Started on the back which I only played once and it was a roller coaster. Had a bunch of pars a few bogeys and a few others.
Went back to my home course which I've found very difficult due to the combination of distance and angles. Every par 3 has trouble left including 3 holes with water and there's several holes where a lay up is where you hit 3 wood instead of driver. The low light was 17 where I hit a knock down 8 iron into a river trying to stay short of the green. (Mission accomplished). Highlight was getting up and down from 40 yards and sinking a 12 footer for par.
With the weather changing, the course will likely play a lot tougher due to soft turf and less distance. I'm already looking forward to summer golf next year.

Would you like to play next Sunday after church? If so we could try to do SPCC on the South Side just over the bridge.

I shot 76 under brutal conditions yesterday - course was wet, wind was 15-25 either across or in (there was literally never a downwind Shot).

My longest drive was 218, course was over 6,000 from the tees that we played.

Funniest sequence was 13/14. Hit a crappy drive, laid up on a long par 4 and scant my wedge to 5 feet - par!!! 14 hit great drive, perfect layup, beautiful wedge (same wedge) to 10 feet. 2 putt, par...

Sometimes golf makes no sense. Over a longer term it does...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 6

Many of us on this forum do!!

What’s a “Geezer”

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Rickp said:

What’s a “Geezer”emoji12.png

If you look in the mirror, that's what you'd see in the dictionary if you looked it up.   🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

If you look in the mirror, that's what you'd see in the dictionary if you looked it up.   🤣

Oh, the “ole fart” I see every morning

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

It was a beautiful day in OKC today - 70 degrees with a light breeze - just perfect. I was really excited to play today with my two oldest boys but I had a work situation that left me SO frustrated. I could not get my act together for the first 8 holes. I was 3 over, had hit 1 fairway and 2 greens - I just could not get my act together. I finally made a birdie on the par 3 9th whixh was the shot in the arm I needed. I started on the back 9 with three 3's - birdie, par, eagle. I cooled off a bit with 5 pars until a birdie on the par 5 18th. I went 37/31 for 68 - crazy round.

FIR 3/12
GIR 10/18 (7 for 9 on the back)
Putts 27

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5