Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

14 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Had a great range session today and since I was going to have a hard time getting on the course tomorrow, I played today. Well, the slump is still in full effect. Shot a robust 57/55 for 112 hitting 4 fairways and zero greens with 37 putts. 

Driver was decent, when it was on, it was on fire. When it wasn't, I wanted to set it on fire. I had lots of just straight up nasty lefts. I also hit my second and third longest drives recorded on Arccos. Screenshot_20210501-200103-01.jpeg.a665c3fa38ce03920628b012322c673d.jpegScreenshot_20210501-200121-01.jpeg.d3c52ca1ec9ffffa167795b70422001c.jpeg

As you can see, my iron play was horrendous. I was either pulling them or shanking. My wedge game over 30 yards wasn't too good either, but if you put me inside 25 yards, I was deadly. I had 4 short chips scare the hole and was hitting some nasty @Shankster low spinny shots. Those shots are just fun to hit. If I can get my iron game figured out, I think I can get into the low 90's and even possibly high 80's. 

I was playing solo and stuck behind a foursome that didn't know the meaning of "do you want to play through? ". They were slow and it got me all out of whack. 

My game will get there and I'll really appreciate it once I get things straightened out. It was a beautiful day just to be outside and I've got a couple of days I'm taking off work next week that will be good to play again. 

Were you playing or describing my game??? 🤣 

How do you like the Arccos? Do you have any issues with missing shots? I played 6 rounds so far and seems like every hole it misses a drive or a pitch. I also feel like it doesn't track putts very well for me even when I mark the hole location with caddie link. I use it for the GPS too so I feel like I'm getting distracted by it making sure shots are logged when getting ready for my next shot.

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

20 minutes ago, RDel90 said:

Were you playing or describing my game??? 🤣 

How do you like the Arccos? Do you have any issues with missing shots? I played 6 rounds so far and seems like every hole it misses a drive or a pitch. I also feel like it doesn't track putts very well for me even when I mark the hole location with caddie link. I use it for the GPS too so I feel like I'm getting distracted by it making sure shots are logged when getting ready for my next shot.

I love Arccos, it gives me an honest and brutal assessment of how I'm playing and where I need to improve. I do occasionally have issues with missing shots. Yesterday on the 10th hole it didn't pick up my drive or my second shot and I had to manually input them. After that, it picked up the rest of my shots on the hole and for the round. 

The main thing you have to watch for is the duffed chip that goes about 5 feet, Arccos won't pick up shots within a certain distance of each other. It can also, as you said, be a bit of a distraction on the green. 

16 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I don’t always tell others to follow my habits.  But in this case, I think you should ‘ 

Heck, you have me thinking I need to buy new ones.  Mine are two years old!! 

One of the wedges I regularly use, when lofts permit, is over 30 years old.  It performs rather nicely.  😊

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

... What fun! Golf balls are so personal for a variety of reasons. But I have to say the new 2021 TP5x feels a little softer than the previous version. The TP5 already feels pretty soft so hopefully the grounds crew finds one for you. There are many premium balls I could play and be perfectly happy with but the new TP5x checks all the boxes for me. Sounds like the AVX might be a keeper for you. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

46 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

What....a.....beautiful.......day

Weather was awesome and the round was good.

40/43 with 3 bogeys 1 double and 2 triples. What could have been. I was happy to have 2 steaks of at-least 4 pars.

Driver all day was good. Couple just took the wrong line but had 4 drivers at close to 300 or more. Never took advantage though as I could not wrangle a birdie even though i was in position to a few times.

overall nothing bad consistently the two triples were poor tee shots and bad execution to help myself get back into the hole (both penalties and were not driver related)

C282FCDE-49E1-4070-BB00-760BF849C1CC.png.b846596995e2222127330884a465d1dc.png

this hole I had two great shots and I’m really kicking myself not having anything to attack greens on par 5s. Could have easily reached in 2 and the 4 iron I pured but hit a soft spot and plugged.....

B465A2A5-8A53-4994-ABD3-CF88422ACB71.png.73ac98f197dcafe0344f267a79598e16.png33CDFB62-AB4D-47D2-A099-22ABFE27041C.jpeg.420f6621a747df76d146ec6e43adb31f.jpeg

All in all I’m happy and have never scored this low or hit off the tee this long this early. Very positive.

You are starting out the year on fire! It's a shame the 4 iron ball ended up plugging, having the chance to have an eagle putt would have been exciting. As far as not having looks at birdies, touch seems to be the last thing to come back after a long winter off. Keep it up!

24 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Today was ball experiment day. But it wasn't planned. I was the first one off and the grounds crew was generous with found balls today. They left me a new (once hit) ball on half the holes. So why not try them out. My son now works on the grounds crew so he either leaves me a present or brings them home.

Hole 1, I tried the ProV1X. Made par but I didn't like the feel of the ball. It hit long though.

Hole 2, TaylorMade TP5X. Made par on my nemesis hole. The ball played well but still felt to firm for me.

Hole 3  Top Flight Gamer, came up short in the bunker. Didn't convert so 1 over. 

Hole 4, Calaway Chrome Soft  Made Par but the ball felt good so I kept it in play for another hole.

Hole 5  Bogey. Good drive 2nd shot was long, chip onto green just kept on rolling. Green sloped from back to front. 2 putt. 

Hole 6 Titleist AVX. Good feel, par 3, made par. Decided to keep in play until I stopped doing well.

Hole 7 Good drive, easy par.

Hole 8 Smoked a drive on par 5. First time on in two. Missed Eagle putt but had a tap in par. Starting to like this ball.

Hole 9 and 10 Birdie's

One bogey on 16, I came up right of the green in the sand trap.  Lipped out on my par save attempt.

Parred everything else. So I shot even par for the day but got to try a few new balls. 

Went over to the range after my round to work on my six and seven iron. They are the clubs that put me in the sand. Great weather today, no lost balls, quite a few found balls and I still have some left over to test out.

That's just cool that your son leaves you presents out on the course. I know the Gamer has performed well for you, but it sounds like the AVX might just be a contender. I've been playing the TP5 and love it, but since I'm about to run out of balls I might have to pick up some of the X since there's no regular 2020 5's on the website in the practice  version in the PIX. I thought the patterns would be a distraction, but it makes it easy to find my ball on the ninth hole which is riddled with balls from the range. 

8 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

You are starting out the year on fire! It's a shame the 4 iron ball ended up plugging, having the chance to have an eagle putt would have been exciting. As far as not having looks at birdies, touch seems to be the last thing to come back after a long winter off. Keep it up!

That's just cool that your son leaves you presents out on the course. I know the Gamer has performed well for you, but it sounds like the AVX might just be a contender. I've been playing the TP5 and love it, but since I'm about to run out of balls I might have to pick up some of the X since there's no regular 2020 5's on the website in the practice  version in the PIX. I thought the patterns would be a distraction, but it makes it easy to find my ball on the ninth hole which is riddled with balls from the range. 

Oh I had the looks, wedges were good today just didn’t make the putts! Everything was good just wasn’t pieced all together on a hole together

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

5 hours ago, Lacassem said:

What....a.....beautiful.......day

Weather was awesome and the round was good.

40/43 with 3 bogeys 1 double and 2 triples. What could have been. I was happy to have 2 steaks of at-least 4 pars.

Driver all day was good. Couple just took the wrong line but had 4 drivers at close to 300 or more. Never took advantage though as I could not wrangle a birdie even though i was in position to a few times.

overall nothing bad consistently the two triples were poor tee shots and bad execution to help myself get back into the hole (both penalties and were not driver related)

C282FCDE-49E1-4070-BB00-760BF849C1CC.png.b846596995e2222127330884a465d1dc.png

this hole I had two great shots and I’m really kicking myself not having anything to attack greens on par 5s. Could have easily reached in 2 and the 4 iron I pured but hit a soft spot and plugged.....

B465A2A5-8A53-4994-ABD3-CF88422ACB71.png.73ac98f197dcafe0344f267a79598e16.png33CDFB62-AB4D-47D2-A099-22ABFE27041C.jpeg.420f6621a747df76d146ec6e43adb31f.jpeg

All in all I’m happy and have never scored this low or hit off the tee this long this early. Very positive.

Blissful Meadows.... It’s not possible to have a bad day there!!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Just now, PMookie said:

Blissful Meadows.... It’s not possible to have a bad day there!!!!

Not when ya get 301 out there!

but seriously it’s a pretty highly underrated course around here. Always has tee times and never disappoints!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 fairways and 13 greens.  25 putts. 4 birds and 4 bogies.. 72

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Played Black Bear in Franklin NJ.  I used to live across the road from it.  Very familiar course. 

They added a gold tee, backed up the white and blue, and eliminated black tees.  The blue is basically the black tee now.  So playing from the whites, where the blue tees used to be, felt strange and farther than I'm used to.  

That didn't matter. 

I had the best driving day in years probably.  I just concentrated on taking easy 70% swings.  My swing was probably near dead straight as anything taking off slight left would draw a few feet, and slight right would fade a few, just depended where the face was I assume.  Anyway I was really finding the center of the club.  

Unfortunately that's where it ends.  2nd shots were the worst, pitching, chipping, putting was trash.  I salvaged the back 9 to shoot a 101.  🤣🤣🤣

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter