MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

FYI you didn't tell us your 'partners' score 😉

John shot an 84. We both had one of those days where we hit some great shots and some that we said WTF was that?

• Like 5

John shot an 84. We both had one of those days where we hit some great shots and some that we said WTF was that?

I usually get more of the later lately

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Shot 42/43:85 today with two birdies, one of them was a 20+ footer on #18! Tried Arccos again today but after two holes it had failed to pick up four shots! I like the analytics but the durability just isn’t there.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Played Reems Creek today and was playing really well. Was -1 through 16 before I had to quit. That included only my 11th eagle ever on #9, where I hit driver, 4 wood from about 260 to about 15 feet and made the putt. Perfect 72 degree weather that looked like this.
IMG_2919.JPGIMG_2920.JPGIMG_2918.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Love 2

44 minutes ago, GSwag said:

Was -1 through 16 before I had to quit.

Why the hell would you quit with 2 holes left? Unless the men's locker room was on fire or something I think I could've found the time to finish. And even then I might.

• Like 5

Why the hell would you quit with 2 holes left? Unless the men's locker room was on fire or something I think I could've found the time to finish. And even then I might.

3 groups waiting on 17 tee and another 3 drinking beer on 18. It was 30 minutes from sunset and my guess is those guys are still out there. Any more questions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

58 minutes ago, GSwag said:

Played Reems Creek today and was playing really well. Was -1 through 16 before I had to quit. That included only my 11th eagle ever on #9, where I hit driver, 4 wood from about 260 to about 15 feet and made the putt. Perfect 72 degree weather that looked like this.

... Well done! I love Reems Creek. I had one of my 2 Albatross's there. 

• Like 6

Pshah... I've had like 5 or 6 Albatrosses...is that a big deal or something?😊

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I learned last year that Chez Reavie has 21 holes in one...

Sounds a little overrated.

I've done it a ton in mini golf.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I learned last year that Chez Reavie has 21 holes in one...

Sounds a little overrated.

I've done it a ton in mini golf.

I guess that's how Reavie makes up for being 199th in driving distance.

I've had more holes-in-one (3) on golf courses than in mini golf, since I've only played mini golf twice.  I hated the clown's mouth.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 10/11/2019 at 8:12 AM, MattF said:

Well, my game can travel.

Yesterday I had the honour and pleasure of teeing it up with @GolfSpy Barbajo at Firestone Country Club. 

Yes, the hat came out, along with the skull shirt!

firestone.jpg.dfa1dc8fac82b3d8e17b05a217b6d66d.jpg

We played the West course...the South was having a charity scramble and it looked like the North was getting maintenance done, but both of those courses are L O N G, so the West, using the hybrid tees ran around 6100 yards and was a good length for us.

I ended up shooting an 88 with 2 penalties, so it could have been lower. The greens weren't as fast as I thought they'd be when we teed off, but started to get quicker on the back 9 with the sun out. The fairways were great and the rough was OK to thick on different holes. But, can you believe we were still fixing other peoples ball marks on the greens...c'mon people, you're at YOUR club, fix the damn ball marks.

Overall, it was a fantastic day and I thank John for his friendship and hospitality.

Can't remember what hole this was.

firestone1.jpg.af6671ba8a2760ba962bf68e025f0444.jpg

Hole 16. Hit it to about 6-8' with a 6 iron.

firestone2.jpg.642d47c53cb5d1fff519911913a67319.jpg

This is the second hole. Tried going over the bunker but sliced to somewhere in between the two bunkers on the right...ball lost in plain sight.

firestone3.jpg.256a9e6d5ed3675e0c6283e5d36384dc.jpg

Had a blast Matt! Always good to tee it up with you. 

Played the South on Friday - it's a bear of a course and it had a sizable portion of my ass for a snack.  Did lip out a par putt for bogey on The Monster, #16. We played it at about 630 yards - it's a great golf hole (I'll post some pix later). We played the Member tees at about 6500 yards, which is a bit over my limit these days, but it was a hell of a lot of fun.  The greens on the South are pretty small, with lots of false fronts and subtle - and not so subtle - breaks. 

The West was a lot of fun to play. Some say of the three courses at Firestone, it's the weakest, but one guy Thursday night said it well - the West has two major problems: the South and the North courses. If it was all by itself it would be considered a hell of a course. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Just like yesterday, I gamed all Cobra F8’s today and shot 41/44:85 with one Birdie on the 135 yard Par 3 #15.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

I’m so messed-up right now! Three swings in my head, all different. It’s driving me nuts! Too many different lessons, so once I get to the top, I have no feel for how to get to the ball. With driver, I’m not sure if I should play a draw, fade, or “straight”. Our course is SO dry, having hard pan lies on every shot doesn’t help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

We had an hour frost delay this morning.  My wife and I were paired with a father/son.  I asked the dad if he played often, and he said Yes... about 5-6 times a year.   🤣    As usual, we get paired with nice people but take a lot of time. I always feel like I have to rush my shots so we don't fall too far behind.  They just don't play ready-golf.

We played with a "caddie".  A high school girl needs to caddie rounds to apply for the Evans Scholarship.  Smart young woman; wants to be a nuclear engineer.

I am disappointed with my 81, that included 2 birdies; one being a 30 footer on the par 3 #17.  I was one club short off the tee.  I managed to screw up #18 after a great drive; plugged the ball in the greenside bunker, and made a double bogey.  🙄

7/13 fairways
7/18 greens
30 putts.

Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

• Like 8

7/14 fir
10/18 gir
30 putts.
This was today. Putter didn’t travel with my game playing poppy hills. Had 69 putts in 36 holes. Shot 79 79. 15th hole the second day I made 8 footer for par and told my partner that you could actually use feet to measure the distance of the made putt. 

Hit it ok today just too loose. 6 bogeys is unacceptable. Greens are still not healed so I think I’ll blame it on that. 

Here is 13th hole at Bayonet. Just happened to have my partner video me and I hit my best drive and only birdie of the day. 
[/url]  

984D6FF4-0125-48D4-9947-5B3B8D402F57.thumb.jpeg.46aecdb9b725f39520b685c76dd7a71e.jpeg

That's a smooth looking swing with a great result!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2