MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

Actually played pretty well, shot 75, ball striking was phenomenal, but putting continues to be a weak spot. Four 3-putts today really turned a great scoring day into a solid scoring day. I’m thinking the Betti might need a time-out for a round or 2 😱! Never thought I’d say that!! Either gonna roll with a Ping B60 or an old White Hot #1 that was good to me for a long time. 

• Like 4

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I'll give putts for bogeys or worse, and even tap-in pars, but birdies or better have to be earned.

Avg age of our groups 73-74 and having a 80 year old forced to putt for a 1’ bogie not going to happen.
There is no money involved, occasionally couple guys may have a side bet then it’s between them.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Avg age of our groups 73-74 and having a 80 year old forced to putt for a 1’ bogie not going to happen.
There is no money involved, occasionally couple guys may have a side bet then it’s between them.

Same with us buddy and I’m the youngest of the bunch at 69. The majority are in the mid 70’s. In the leather is good with our group except for those with the belly and titty putters.

• Like 5

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  Epic Flash 5 - Wood
Callaway  Rogue X Irons 5 - AW 
Cleveland RTX-4 50 & 56 / RTX-3 60
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Same with us buddy and I’m the youngest of the bunch at 69. The majority are in the mid 70’s. In the leather is good with our group except for those with the belly and titty putters.

We do not have any players with the Long putters. Occasionally we’ll get a walk on that will have one. All my putters are 34” no matter style or mfg.
  • Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

3 hours ago, ole gray said:

belly and titty putters.

hahahaha

now THAT's funny right there

If no betting involved, yeah, who cares about gimmie putts.  My problem is multiple groups having a money game and side bets with members in different groups and some putts are given wider range than in other groups.  Particularly an "in the leather" (or circle of friendship) that is a sidehill slippery putt. 

• Like 6

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

FW: :taylormade-small:M4 - 3HL (16.5 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-W KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

hahahaha
If no betting involved, yeah, who cares about gimmie putts.  My problem is multiple groups having a money game and side bets with members in different groups and some putts are given wider range than in other groups.  Particularly an "in the leather" (or circle of friendship) that is a sidehill slippery putt. 

Played this morning and noticed no Par or Birdie putt given or picked up only Bogie +. Also noticed the Player normally didn’t pick up his ball one of the others in the group kicked it back to him.
Interesting.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

2 hours ago, CarlH said:

hahahaha

Inside the leather!!   hahahaha  Remember the Celebrity Golf matches??  Smart Snead vs Harpo Marx.  Watch at the 18:30 mark... LOL!!

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Semiannual two day points tourney this weekend....but, trip storm blowing a bunch of rain our way tomorrow. Wish us luck.

• Like 5

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Semiannual two day points tourney this weekend....but, trip storm blowing a bunch of rain our way tomorrow. Wish us luck.

Kick butt and take names

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Wind blew all day, and rain is starting to come in tonight.  It will be wet tomorrow.

Today my wife and I went out at 1:15 with another couple and played nine holes.  Wind was 15-25mph with some higher gusts.  I played well off the tee, but really sucked around the green.  Shot +6.   Poor chips and a couple of 3 putts.  I never got comfortable standing over the ball.  However, I did have a chip-in birdie on #2.  I was called an a__hole!!  A term of endearment, I'm told.

As good as the chip-in was, my best shot of the day was on the par 3 #4 hole playing 148y to a back pin directly into that wind.  We haven't had winds like that since spring, so I was a little hesitant on which club the use.  I chose a 7i because I thought it would clear the bunker, and I was confident that it wouldn't go off the back.  I hit my version of a "knock-down" shot (think Zach Johnson swing), and it was a laser that stopped pin high right about 8 feet away.  Tricky left to right putt with left to right wind, and I was very happy to 2-putt.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

With Nestor blowing thru Tampa Bay last night, it dropped over 3” of rain on the course, causing us to postpone the Fall Blitz until Nov 16 & 17.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

With Nestor blowing thru Tampa Bay last night, it dropped over 3” of rain on the course, causing us to postpone the Fall Blitz until Nov 16 & 17.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Not surprised, we got 2.5” so far and more later today. November is better.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

73 today 🙂

Driver still excellent- putter very good with 31 putts (best for a long time) and short game was probably 8 out of 10.

The course was soaking- every tee shot and green shot plugged, very heavy underfoot and had to chip out of mud a few times- hate that but we've had all of Oct rainfall in the first 2 weeks so it has nowhere to go.

Overall very pleased with my game. Typical as thats the season over now😡

• Like 5

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Tried to play today, but after 3 holes, the hip was twinging too much.  Decided to call it a day and live to play another day.  The course was wet from yesterday and last night's rain with threats of more coming, so it wasn't a bad call to quit.  Came home and iced the hip for a bit.  Also cancelled my game tomorrow.  No sense pushing things.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

FW: :taylormade-small:M4 - 3HL (16.5 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-W KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Tried to play today, but after 3 holes, the hip was twinging too much.  Decided to call it a day and live to play another day.  The course was wet from yesterday and last night's rain with threats of more coming, so it wasn't a bad call to quit.  Came home and iced the hip for a bit.  Also cancelled my game tomorrow.  No sense pushing things.

No need to push it and hurt yourself, always tomorrow.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

I’m in the middle of a round in Thousand Oaks, California. It’s right at an hour and 45 minutes to play FIVE HOLES! Dude. PICK. IT. UP!
I’d never play golf if I lived here. What an absolute joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

6 hours ago, fozcycle said:

... I wish you guys coulda kept that storm in Florida. 🙄  I drove 2 days to visit my Mom in Bluffton SC and had a 11:54 tee time today at a very nice course but got rained out... sigh. Took her to a nice seafood restaurant for lunch and Whole Foods for some organic groceries instead. 

Edited by chisag
  • Like 6

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

... I wish you guys coulda kept that storm in Florida.  I drove 2 days to visit my Mom in Bluffton SC and had a 11:54 tee time today at a very nice course but got rained out... sigh. Took her to a nice seafood restaurant for lunch and Whole Foods for some organic groceries instead. 

Well, kept Mom happy

• Haha 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

6 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Well, kept Mom happy emoji106.png

... 92 and still ticking. I was gonna take her to dinner and WF's after playing golf but I just moved up the time. rescheduled for Sunday same time so I hope these sand base greens and fairway drain well! 

• Like 3

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

... 92 and still ticking. I was gonna take her to dinner and WF's after playing golf but I just moved up the time. rescheduled for Sunday same time so I hope these sand base greens and fairway drain well! 

That’s great, give her our best!!
Enjoy your visit with Mom and your round tomorrow

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead