MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

8 hours ago, GB13 said:

Absolutely terrible day. I think I pulled a @Shankster and quit for 20 minutes after I left the course. By the time I got back home, I was already analyzing what went wrong to prepare for my next “adventure”. After extensive analysis, I realized that hitting 4 inches behind the ball was not producing optimal results. The cause of this ineptitude is pending investigation....

But at least you got to play. It's December in Minnesota!

• Like 6

9 hours ago, GB13 said:

Absolutely terrible day. I think I pulled a @Shankster and quit for 20 minutes after I left the course. By the time I got back home, I was already analyzing what went wrong to prepare for my next “adventure”. After extensive analysis, I realized that hitting 4 inches behind the ball was not producing optimal results. The cause of this ineptitude is pending investigation....

... At least your bunker play must be on fire!  😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Been sucking lately with rounds at 88, 89, 92, etc. so I reached back into my closet and pulled out: Wilson Triton Driver, PowerBilt Air Force One 3W, 5W, 3H & 4-PW, AW & SW. The only club I did not change was my Evnroll ER-6 putter. Shot 86 on Tuesday then shot 40/41:81 today. Guess I’ll be gaming the Wilson and PowerBilt this weekend!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Been sucking lately with rounds at 88, 89, 92, etc. so I reached back into my closet and pulled out: Wilson Triton Driver, PowerBilt Air Force One 3W, 5W, 3H & 4-PW, AW & SW. The only club I did not change was my Evnroll ER-6 putter. Shot 86 on Tuesday then shot 40/41:81 today. Guess I’ll be gaming the Wilson and PowerBilt this weekend!

Funny you should mention this. I was having some problems with G410 driver (height/distance) and took out F8 driver and grit was good distance 10 yards more. Dunno what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Funny you should mention this. I was having some problems with G410 driver (height/distance) and took out F8 driver and grit was good distance 10 yards more. Dunno what’s going on.

New problem with the 410? Have you changed the hosel setting?

• Like 1

Played Magnolia today with my son in what will be my last round of the year. Shot an even par 72 from the back tees and it was an up and down day. I shot even par on the front and didn’t make a par until the 9th hole...four birds and four bogies on the first 8 holes in alternating order (not sure I have ever done that). Then for good measure I finished the round with 10 straight pars for what was a good way to end the year. Overall the swing is there, ball flight is where I want it to be and working the ball both ways. My goal over the winter is to work on the putting and getting more comfortable with left hand low. Other than that the gear is dialed in and ready for the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

New problem with the 410? Have you changed the hosel setting?

Going to change hosel setting next time out. I took the F8 out after a couple of mediocre G410 outings and I was hitting drives as long as 2-3 years ago.

• Like 2

It was the best of times.
It was the worst of times.

Today was the end of year dogfight. They double cut and double rolled the greens and tucked the pins where no mere mortal would dare aim at. I mean, these greens normally run 11 on the stimp. But today was another level of fast.

By the fourth hole I had learned my lesson and stopped aiming at flags. It didn’t seem to matter. I played safe and left my approach shot short of the green. Chipped on 10 ft past the hole and blew the first putt 7 ft by the hole, missed the comebacker and walked off with double bogey.
IMG_3014.JPG

The highlight of the day was the 7th hole, a driveable par 4. They had a closest to the pin on your 2nd shot for $50. I left my drive in front of the greenside front bunker and looked at the pin location and my 30 yard chip and had no idea where to hit the ball without it going off the front of the green with it’s false front. So I hit my chip 10 feet right of the pin and just past it, just far enough to avoid the false front. The ball ended up 6 ft 4 inches below the hole. Of course I missed the putt, but my shot held up to collect the closest to the pin prize.
IMG_3015.JPG

Good times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Walked 9 after work tonight finishing right at dark. Shot a 41 with a bird and left a 10 footer on the course.  Happy with the round in 50 degrees, fog, and soggy fairways.  The 5 par 4s left me a 5i, 6i. 4h, and a wedge on a short dog leg which I birdied. Nice night on am empty course.

• Like 3

A little cool and a few drops  falling.  Played forward tees (5578).

Score  87, 10 penalties mainly on back 9 due to fatigue,  sending a few swimming.  8 Par, 5 bogies, 5 doubles. 64% Fairways,  5 GIR.

Good solid drives and short irons today. Penalties were a result to simply over swinging. 

• Like 3

Going to change hosel setting next time out. I took the F8 out after a couple of mediocre G410 outings and I was hitting drives as long as 2-3 years ago.

Played much better with the G410 driver this morning, increased angle .6 degrees.
Last outing with G410 irons B4 finishing up Ping review.

• Like 3

It's December in Iowa.  I played 18 last Wednesday and 18 on Thursday.  Stayed inside on Friday because of the weather.  Went deer hunting on Saturday, hit some balls on Sunday, and shoveled snow today.  Done for the year?

• Like 3

Struggling with my swing lately.  Totally out of sync.  Time to get back to the basics and find my swing again.  Shot an 89 yesterday...just couldn't stop the bleeding....the more I tried, the worse it seemed to get.  Only thing that was working was my putter...every other club felt like a foreign entity in my hands.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, alfriday101 said:

It's December in Iowa.  I played 18 last Wednesday and 18 on Thursday.  Stayed inside on Friday because of the weather.  Went deer hunting on Saturday, hit some balls on Sunday, and shoveled snow today.  Done for the year?

Crazy, right? Two Sundays ago, I shoveled 6+ inches of heavy, wet snow. Yesterday there were several courses by me that were open. Rain today, and even the piles of snow where I shoveled are gone already!

• Like 2

Probably the last round for a bit as heavy rains coming for the next week at least.  Chipping, pitching, and iron play was good. Tee box and putting not so much. Maybe two strokes better than bogey golf for the night. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

Probably the last round for a bit as heavy rains coming for the next week at least.  

Yep....I'm getting out of the  PNW weather for a couple of weeks....leaving Sunday to head south to Indio, CA until after the new year.....lots of golf available 😉 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarlH said:

Yep....I'm getting out of the  PNW weather for a couple of weeks....leaving Sunday to head south to Indio, CA until after the new year.....lots of golf available 😉 

Enjoy...Im going to get in the Christmas spirit.Daughter will be home from college for bit and we are going to head to Zolas Pizza in Brookings and to the Redwoods if weather is halfway decent. Im going to steelhead fish as well. Daughter leaves I think on the 28th to the Rose Bowl with the UO band. She is pretty excited!

• Like 2

Weather was 60* - 85* today, still have the Wilson Triton in the bag along with the Powerbilt Air Force One Irons and Evnroll ER-6. Shot 40/41:81 today with one birdie(Par 5). Tagged 2nd Place $40, with a Skin $50.

On another note, the guy that I ride with every Saturday for the past 5 years will probably never play again. He’s been battling Cancer for the past year, and it has spread again. Saw him yesterday in the hospital and he had lost 40 lbs since last month. I raise a glass to Pat.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

With the recent rains here in SoCal, scoring hasn’t been easy. But, it’s still fun! But sometimes you don’t get the bounce you’re hoping for, and sometimes, you don’t get any bounce at all! This shot was a 135 yd 9 iron that was about 2 feet off the green. My buddy was watching the ball flight with me and it was so weird because the landing spot was just about an inch lower than the line of sight, due to a small ridge. We both watched it land, and waited to see where it ended up, but it just vanished! We looked at each other and said, “what the heck?” Then we found it sucked up in the mud, almost flush with the ground...

”winter rules” haha

FF8DFB6A-1E05-486F-9FFA-027B8398BF58.thumb.jpeg.8f1b4d6a9284faee741721499dc7fc56.jpeg 

8810F74C-FC6F-4EC6-80AE-7BCD7EC036CF.thumb.jpeg.9a6a546bb67d2e3c5c747ad74f3f7e37.jpeg

• Like 8

Tuesday afternoon 9 at Navy Marine. Got off to a good start, but that only lasted two holes. On a positive note, the G410 LST is a beast. I reached a fairly long par 5 in two with an 8 iron in so I like what I’m seeing from that tweak!

45, 43% FIR, 22% GIR and 17 putts (one 3 putt). This pic is my tee shot on 2!

IMG_0472.JPG

• Like 6