MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

42 (par 37) with 2 doubles when my tee shots got me in trouble. Sadly made 2 birdies and still shot 5 over 😞

15 putts

2/7 FiR

3/9 GiR

Couldn't get off the tee to save my life. One of the fairways that I hit was with 3w on a short dog-leg. Need to get it in check before the Bridgestone testing or it's going to be very short-lived for me LOL.

• Like 5

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Interesting - I had an interesting round - it’s been five weeks since I’ve played - the longest gap in years - shot 82.

What was interesting was how well I drive it - I have restarted SuperSpeed and distance returned - I was light years longer than the guys that I played with - had 2 career drives on a course I’ve played at least 100 times and it was extremely wet - the wettest December that I can remember in Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Stunk it up big time today, but not too disappointed. Guy I was playing with played left handed but putted right handed. I asked him about it, he explained he was off single figures right handed, but had several tumours removed from his neck that prevented him from swinging so he changed to left handed. Perspective is a great thing.

Despite all my trials and tribulations this year, my handicap has ended up lower than last year so complaining about bad golf would be both churlish and short sighted.

• Like 5

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:mizuno-small: MP18 MMC FliHi 4 Iron - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Interesting - I had an interesting round - it’s been five weeks since I’ve played - the longest gap in years - shot 82.

What was interesting was how well I drive it - I have restarted SuperSpeed and distance returned - I was light years longer than the guys that I played with - had 2 career drives on a course I’ve played at least 100 times and it was extremely wet - the wettest December that I can remember in Florida.

We only have an 7+ year window but that’s the truth, raining now.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

From Kapalua Plantation Course on 12/27 on the Gold/Silver combo tees (6407 yards). 

91 (47/44, ESC 90), 40% FIR, 22% GIR and 34 putts (with three 3 jacks). I was more frustrated after the fact because it's hard to let much get to you at such an amazing course. Continuing my 2019 trend, my index is trending up even more so I have my work cut out for me in 2020!

IMG_0629.JPG

• Like 9

TaylorMade SIM 9º | Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 6.5
Ping G410 3W 14.5º | VA Composites Drago 75 X
Ping G410 3H 18º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Ping G410 4H 22º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW | Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 54 Mid, 60 Mid | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Evnroll ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
TaylorMade TP5

Shooting -1 on the front 9, getting a birdie and eagle on the back, but still finishing 3 over

47618997_tenor(1).gif.dd6cc945bd18483a065f0cd58f0a1b75.gif

But seriously, I pounded the ball off the tee, irons were enfuego and putting was great despite shaggy December greens. 

Shot 4 over on the last 3 holes (combination of awful pin placements, bad decision making and bad luck) . Woof. 

• Like 9

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Tour AD BB 6X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
Putter ?????
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

My wife and I played with a couple we've known for years.  I met them on a business trip in 1997; we played The Pointe Hilton at Tapatio Cliffs in Phoenix.  I later found out that she was a high school graduate here locally, and they both now work for the company I retired from 4 years ago.  She also played junior hockey and outdrives me by 20 yards.  Good player.  

It was 35º and overcast today but no wind.  I had one birdie on the front nine and one on the back nine, but shot 81 (+4/+5).  I had two doubles.  I played the front nine pretty well... until #5 where I had 6 bad shots in a row.  My other double came on #18 where I came up short of the green in the bunker next to the lip and took two shots to get on the green.  Not a good way to end the round, but except for those two doubles, I played very well in the cold weather.

Today was my wife's birthday and she was happy.  Played better today than she has all year...  broke 90.  Happy wife; happy life!

• Like 7
  • Love 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My wife and I played with a couple we've known for years.  I met them on a business trip in 1997; we played The Pointe Hilton at Tapatio Cliffs in Phoenix.  I later found out that she was a high school graduate here locally, and they both now work for the company I retired from 4 years ago.  She also played junior hockey and outdrives me by 20 yards.  Good player.  
It was 35º and overcast today but no wind.  I had one birdie on the front nine and one on the back nine, but shot 81 (+4/+5).  I had two doubles.  I played the front nine pretty well... until #5 where I had 6 bad shots in a row.  My other double came on #18 where I came up short of the green in the bunker next to the lip and took two shots to get on the green.  Not a good way to end the round, but except for those two doubles, I played very well in the cold weather.
Today was my wife's birthday and she was happy.  Played better today than she has all year...  broke 90.  Happy wife; happy life!

Happy Birthday

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Today was my wife's birthday and she was happy.

Happy birthday Mrs B!

• Like 1

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Happy birthday Mrs B!

She woke up to Paul McCartney's "When I'm 64"   🤣🤣🤣

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We only have an 7+ year window but that’s the truth, raining now.

IMG_1510.JPG

Today’s Tampa Bay Times! :)

And this is without a significant hit from a tropical system.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

On 12/26/2019 at 2:29 PM, perseveringgolfer said:

If ONLY I could chip "I could've been a contender, I could've been somebody......" (points for the person who knows the movie) 😉

Don't know if its already been answered, but .. Marlon Brando in "On The Waterfront".

"You was my bruddah, Charlie .."

Oh, PS: your avatar pic is from Goldfinger 🙂

• Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR) and/or Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

5 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Don't know if its already been answered, but .. Marlon Brando in "On The Waterfront".

correct, and yes it was already answered, but thanks for playing!

Also correct on my avatar, could there BE a better avatar for my golf SPY than the most famous spy in the world playing golf?

• Like 3

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

21 hours ago, jlukes said:

Shot 4 over on the last 3 holes (combination of awful pin placements, bad decision making and bad luck) . Woof. 

yup, those darn pesky greenkeepers need to place the pins in easier spots or how can we be expected to enjoy our golf! Jees! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

23 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

From Kapalua Plantation Course on 12/27 on the Gold/Silver combo tees (6407 yards). 

91 (47/44, ESC 90), 40% FIR, 22% GIR and 34 putts (with three 3 jacks). I was more frustrated after the fact because it's hard to let much get to you at such an amazing course. Continuing my 2019 trend, my index is trending up even more so I have my work cut out for me in 2020!

IMG_0629.JPG

Wow.... Is there ever, anywhere, ever a bad pic of Hawaii???????? NICE!

And good luck with your '20 goals 🤙

• Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR) and/or Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

24 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

yup, those darn pesky greenkeepers need to place the pins in easier spots or how can we be expected to enjoy our golf! Jees! 😂

Winter in the north east leads to to greens keepers placing the pin in areas on the green that are technically illegal. Handicap season is over so there is no reason to put pins in the legal spots.

This pin was in between to tiers and along a spine. You wouldn't see such a setup in a mini golf hole! 

• Like 4

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Tour AD BB 6X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
Putter ?????
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

Didn’t keep score as the course is still flooded so we play a combined course again.

But I did finish with 2 birdies and 3 par. Kept the driver in the bag and was crushing my 6i off the tee. Hitting it 200 yards consistently.

• Like 4

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

IMG_1510.thumb.JPG.f6a569e3145f47453f9184dc759d5027.JPG

Today’s Tampa Bay Times! :)

And this is without a significant hit from a tropical system.

Rain just stopped but supposed to resume later today. I guess I should have expected it when we moved to Florida. But it is 80’

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Winter in the north east leads to to greens keepers placing the pin in areas on the green that are technically illegal. Handicap season is over so there is no reason to put pins in the legal spots.

This pin was in between to tiers and along a spine. You wouldn't see such a setup in a mini golf hole! 

if you mean TWO, then it certainly happens a lot in links golf, same for everyone and great fun!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Don't forget that wonderful score by Leonard Bernstein!

• Like 1

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).