to a disappointing 78

cry me a river 🤣.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

I honestly don't know what I shot today.  My wife kept score and tossed the card (on purpose) before I saw it, because it was one of those days we shouldn't have been playing.  I knew the wind was going to blow; we've had more than our share of wind this year so far.  We usually get wind later in the spring. 

I do know that I had 3 doubles, but I also had 8 up and downs for par and one birdie, so maybe 83?  It was 63º overcast with wind 25-30 mph and gusts to 50.  The doubles all came on holes with crosswinds.  The birdie came on the par 4 #16 when I stuffed a 5H shot from 170y.  On greens I just missed, I was chipping/pitching the ball very close which was good because not many putts were made today.   On the par 4 #10 hole I hit an 8i for my 3rd shot from 92 yards uphill into the wind to the back left of the green where the pin was located.  When I got to the green, my ball was front right 40 feet away on a green with not a lot of slope on it; lucky to 2-putt for bogey.  

Not a nice "Welcome Home" from 2 weeks in Palm Springs with sunny, no wind 75º days.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Yesterday's round was a series of Jekkyl and Hyde shots.  I took a lesson from my teaching pro Thursday; and am working on some subtle changes to my takeaway and overall swing.  I hit some really good shots and some real stinkers.  The course is sloppy wet, so we're getting only what we carry and no roll.  In any case, I didn't score well for various reasons, but I'm generally pleased with the progress I'm making with my swing change, despite some real struggles.  Highlight of the round was a near ace at #9, leaving an 8 iron 1/2 inch short of the hole.  On the downside, I walked away with 3 doubles and too many bogies, mainly due to really poor shots around the green and mediocre putting.   Shot an 85.

• Like 4

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

FW: :taylormade-small:M4 - 3HL (16.5 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-W KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I honestly don't know what I shot today.  My wife kept score and tossed the card (on purpose) before I saw it, because it was one of those days we shouldn't have been playing.  I knew the wind was going to blow; we've had more than our share of wind this year so far.  We usually get wind later in the spring. 

We have a sudden change in weather heading to Yuma late tonight and through Wednesday.  Monday's game at Las Barancas is forecast to be a high of 61 and 20+ mph winds from the north.  I'll be wearing my jeans and at least one of my pullovers 😮.

38/43 at Mesa Del Sol yesterday.  My mid iron and wedge play continues to be the bright spot - both distances and alignment really good.  Took a gamble on a par 5 that left me 205 to a front pin on the second shot.  Rarely get a drive that far around the dogleg.  Water protect most of the green front and we layup 99% of the time.  Hit my 3w well but too far left; hitting the bank and then rolling back into the lake.  Stepped onto #18 tee, a nice wide open fairway, and summarily pushed the drive OB right... whadda knucklehead 🤬

• Like 5

After a couple rounds at 80, I finally broke it today. First time since last Fall. First time at Pebble Creek in two years. Today I shot 35/44:79! Even Par on front with one bogie and one birdie. Then, screwed the pooch on the back with a 44... 2 Doubles, 2 Pars & 5 Bogies.

Weather was in upper 40’s and 50’s. I gamed my entire bag of Cobra F8’s with EVNROLL putter. I played a Maxfli Softfli ball due to the cooler weather conditions .
IMG_1994-dsqz.jpg.c9bdccbd1c6abd240ae240a7d56fac10.jpg

P.S. the dots on the scorecard represent the round robin we were playing.

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Awesome round@fozcycle !

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Continuing to struggle with my ball striking of late.  On the plus side, I chipped and putted decent enough to salvage the round from being a worse disaster than it could have been. Course is still sloppy wet and it was pretty cold this morning.  Even got a few snow flurries and a touch of grapple while on the #12 putting green, but it passed as quickly as it arrived.

• Like 6

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

FW: :taylormade-small:M4 - 3HL (16.5 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-W KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Short game was a mess today,  played to leave myself 50 and out just to avoid having to hit anything inside that range.    Driver was good, putter was good, approach game was good,  did I mention my  short game was a mess.    Was wet today and my wedges were just going right under the ball when I tried to hit finesse shots.   Should have know it was going to be bad,  didn't hit them well during warmup.   Think I just need to loosen my grip and let gravity help......or practice more 🙂

• Like 7

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Today was a good day. Score is not entirely indicative of how I played. I ended up being a 48 with 20-30 mph winds.  One meltdown hole went down as an 8, and one bladed chip led to a 3 putt.  The rest of the day couldn’t have been better. 

• Like 7

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

Today was a good day. Score is not entirely indicative of how I played. I ended up being a 48 with 20-30 mph winds.  One meltdown hole went down as an 8, and one bladed chip led to a 3 putt.  The rest of the day couldn’t have been better. 

John, was that 8 using the new handicap system? Doesn't the new system call for net score for the hole plus 2?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Finally a day with sunshine and very little wind.  Frost delay of 1 hour; it was a bit chilly when we teed off.  Funny... I hit the ball better today, but only scored one shot better than I did in 25-50mph winds... 82.  I did not get up and down like I did yesterday, except for a chip-in birdie on #13.  Putting was better with no wind, but poor chipping left me with putts that were just too long.  

Need to practice more.  I played 14 of the past 19 days without spending any time practicing, and it shows.

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 hours ago, fozcycle said:

After a couple rounds at 80, I finally broke it today. First time since last Fall. First time at Pebble Creek in two years. Today I shot 35/44:79! Even Par on front with one bogie and one birdie. Then, screwed the pooch on the back with a 44... 2 Doubles, 2 Pars & 5 Bogies.

Weather was in upper 40’s and 50’s. I gamed my entire bag of Cobra F8’s with EVNROLL putter. I played a Maxfli Softfli ball due to the cooler weather conditions .

IMG_1994-dsqz.jpg.c9bdccbd1c6abd240ae240a7d56fac10.jpg

P.S. the dots on the scorecard represent the round robin we were playing.

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

Congrats on the 35!! 👍

• Like 3

14 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

John, was that 8 using the new handicap system? Doesn't the new system call for net score for the hole plus 2?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Good question @tony@CIC.  I didn't take the new handicap system into consideration.  I shot a 47 with a 7.  😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I played 14 of the past 19 days...

Maybe you're just worn out - I would be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Not maybe... it's a fact!!  However, sunny again today, no wind and above freezing... guess I'll go play!!  I'll practice on a crappy day!

Good for you.  I'm not sure why we haven't cancelled todays round.  My wife thinks I'm nuts (nuttin new here).  Wind blew like hell last night and those aren't rain clouds rolling in, it's airborne sand. Today I'm going to wish I had a Ollie Stinger in my game.  I'm pretty sure one of the par 3's will play at least two clubs down 😮.  

• Like 4

40’ and we only played 5 holes B4 we couldn’t feel our hands and gave up.
Birdied 2 of the 5 and Parred 2 and 1 stupid Bogey.

• Like 6

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

8 minutes ago, Rickp said:

40’ and we only played 5 holes B4 we couldn’t feel our hands and gave up.
Birdied 2 of the 5 and Parred 2 and 1 stupid Bogey.

😱   At -1 after 5 holes, I would have kept going.  

Maybe cold hands is the trick, and you need to keep an ice bag in your pocket when it warms up?  Just sayin'

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

At -1 after 5 holes, I would have kept going.  
Maybe cold hands is the trick, and you need to keep an ice bag in your pocket when it warms up?  Just sayin'

Wasn’t my decision. The guy riding with me has some medical issues and had to make a group decision.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list