MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

I played a course I've never been to before in Virginia and shot a 46... A personal best for me... I only played 9 and averaged 18 putts, and I only lost 2 balls... my first 2 went into the creek, then I put the driver away and hit my hybrid right down the middle, and it was all good from there on... I hit 6 fairways, and 4 greens in regulation, and ended up with 3 pars (more than I've ever had)...

Overall, I hope I can keep hitting like this for the rest of the year...

I played a course I've never been to before in Virginia and shot a 46... A personal best for me... I only played 9 and averaged 18 putts, and I only lost 2 balls... my first 2 went into the creek, then I put the driver away and hit my hybrid right down the middle, and it was all good from there on... I hit 6 fairways, and 4 greens in regulation, and ended up with 3 pars (more than I've ever had)...

Overall, I hope I can keep hitting like this for the rest of the year...

Congrats! Sounds like you'll be sub-90 before long!

If the weather holds off, I'll be out for 18 tomorrow morning with a report to follow. First teacher golf outing of the year.

A one over 73 for me yesterday and I seem to have lost my rhythm and timing again.

I hit some balls today and I'll hit some more tomorrow and see if I can regain the "magic". :)

I put some new irons into play today, TM R9 with Fujikura Motore shafts, an attempt to regain some swing speed and distance with my irons.

Played on a cow pasture called a golf course today in a scramble. We got second last year having never seen the course before and losing to the 'club pro' and members by a stroke. This year we won by a stroke with a -13 (58)...first time I ever won anything at golf.

The greens were terrible and three putts from the same place hit exactly the same would have 3 different results. I was the best putter on our team and hit the first shot of our round 260 in the middle of the fairway. Had I not refound an old bad habit it would have been a perfect day of golf.......save the course.

Good for you!

If I ever have to play in a scramble again I'll bring three girls from a local university's golf team who will hit from the forward tees while I play the seniors'. :)

Last event I played in was a few years ago and four old men shot 59 from the regular tees even though we could have played from the senior's. It wasn't my decision. :)

We didn't win anything as a team but I got closest to the pin on the par 3 we finished on.

I hate scrambles. People cheat like dogs.

I agree, scrambles are havens for cheaters

Not a "round" but I went for a fitting today...WOW! Added 1/2" and went up 3*. I swung the Ping 7I that fit my new specs and it's a total revelation. Every shot is at least 10% better - good swings are great, bad swings are playable, and I'm much more comfortable. Picking up the irons on Wednesday after the work is done and I can't wait!

Not a "round" but I went for a fitting today...WOW! Added 1/2" and went up 3*. I swung the Ping 7I that fit my new specs and it's a total revelation. Every shot is at least 10% better - good swings are great, bad swings are playable, and I'm much more comfortable. Picking up the irons on Wednesday after the work is done and I can't wait!

Which irons are you going for?

Which irons are you going for?

I'm fighting my inner ho and keeping my trusty MX-23's. The Pings I hit for the fitting were really nice, but the feel wasn't there. I love the MX300's, but I just don't need new irons.

Played so poorly yesterday it makes me wonder why i play this stupid game. :)

I couldn't drive the ball to save my arse. Snap hooks and blocks. My back was a little stiff and it threw me all off. If I don't make a full turn I get quick and bad things happen.

Ten pars, five bogeys and three birdies for a two over 74. Not bad you say? Not very good when you consider I made six 20 footers. I don't normally make any.

There's always tomorrow.

Played so poorly yesterday it makes me wonder why i play this stupid game. :)

I couldn't drive the ball to save my arse. Snap hooks and blocks. My back was a little stiff and it threw me all off. If I don't make a full turn I get quick and bad things happen.

Ten pars, five bogeys and three birdies for a two over 74. Not bad you say? Not very good when you consider I made six 20 footers. I don't normally make any.

There's always tomorrow.

Plays like crap and shoots a 74...... well done sir.

Eh, I haven't been able to play lately. With AP tests the next 2 weeks, if I don't get out this saturday it will be a long time before I play again.

I get to play this weekend!!!!

This weeks round was an adventure. I made 7 pars, and 2 "others". Lots of looks at birds, just couldn't cash them. The "others" were products of loose tee shots, and careless putting. On the + side, my short game seems to be rounding into preseason form. A few more months, and I should be able to pitch it ON the green from 35 yards.

Much better today. Except for a few 200 yard snap hooks in the middle of the round I hit the ball solid from tee to green.

Had a one bogey two birdie 71 with a big bender on 18, a hole I bogey more than I birdie.

The new TM R9 irons with Fujikura Motore shafts are feeling really good.

Very nice, which clubs were you playing before the R9's?

Since 2005 I've had the TM RAC OS irons with stiff steel shafts in my bag.

The R9s have no offset and I no longer fear the pull hook. Why I was playing with offset irons for five years is a mystery to me. :angry:

Funny item in my News Feed on Facebook, John: "Blair Alana O'Neal and John D Barry are friends with Americangolf Paris." next to a picture of Blair and Trump.

Makes it sound like you and Blair are a couple. :)

Hardly, although if I could find a guy man who didn't like sex, and loved to golf, drink beer, watch football, play volleyball, not nag at me, I might consider it.