MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

Day 2 Club Championship——-much better. Putter decided to work today. Started in 9th place and finished in 3rd! Two triples and a birdie.....

39/46:85

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Day 2 Club Championship——-much better. Putter decided to work today. Started in 9th place and finished in 3rd! Two triples and a birdie.....

39/46:85

You’re gaining on them

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Got only my second round of the year in today. The weather hasn't been cooperating on the weekends and from all the rain lately, the first hole was still a lake. 20200216_150448-01.jpeg

The starter recommended I hit from the ladies tee, and being the manly man I am, decided to not listen to him. I can clear that, usually my ball ends up around the two trees on the left, so if I move up one tee, I'll be good. I proceeded to hit an 85 yard bomb that ended up just in front of the next set of tees. I followed that bad boy up with a 30 yard 3 wood to another area surrounded by water.

I can feel your jealousy as you're reading this.

In all seriousness, I should have listened. Knowledge of the course on a daily basis is his forte and not mine. Ahh....pride, you destroy empires and rounds of golf.

On a par 4

I hit another bomb on the third hole that went 124 before deciding to go to a longer tee. I've restarted SuperSpeed training and the last time I did I kept popping balls up, but now I'm hitting up more on the ball and the shorter tee is causing me to top my drives.

The driver started behaving after that and I played decent. Still got a lot of work to do in order to get where I want, but overall I was happy with my round.

3/7 fairways
No greens in regulation
18 putts

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 9

Got only my second round of the year in today. The weather hasn't been cooperating on the weekends and from all the rain lately, the first hole was still a lake. 20200216_150448-01.jpeg.0f5a6f233aea6eddeb047d72f5fe4610.jpeg

The starter recommended I hit from the ladies tee, and being the manly man I am, decided to not listen to him. I can clear that, usually my ball ends up around the two trees on the left, so if I move up one tee, I'll be good. I proceeded to hit an 85 yard bomb that ended up just in front of the next set of tees. I followed that bad boy up with a 30 yard 3 wood to another area surrounded by water.

I can feel your jealousy as you're reading this.

In all seriousness, I should have listened. Knowledge of the course on a daily basis is his forte and not mine. Ahh....pride, you destroy empires and rounds of golf.

On a par 4

I hit another bomb on the third hole that went 124 before deciding to go to a longer tee. I've restarted SuperSpeed training and the last time I did I kept popping balls up, but now I'm hitting up more on the ball and the shorter tee is causing me to top my drives.

The driver started behaving after that and I played decent. Still got a lot of work to do in order to get where I want, but overall I was happy with my round.

3/7 fairways
No greens in regulation
18 putts

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Shot ok today... the bigger backswing doesn’t seem to work for irons as well as it does for woods..

one of the guys brought out a maverick 3 wood and it got lots of oohs and ahhhs. I hit it a few times and it seemed pretty long...

• Like 4

Currently testing for review:

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 StifF

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Putting was off a bit, tee shots and approach shots were good. Short game was decent. Started off with a pull hook but got that straightened out after a few holes. Got lots of bunker practice as I was in 11 during the round; didn’t get up and down many times resulting in bogeys and doubles.

Overall happy with ball striking, couldn’t figure out how to score and had too many doubles. Just one of those days.

• Like 8

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Got on course today for the first time since late October, got out with the new T300.
Bit of rust on the first hole, but bounced back nicely with the first birdie of the year on the 2nd hole.   128 yard par 3, 9 iron to about 12 feet left of the hole, and rolled the putt in 
Ended up with a 42 for 9 holes, and narrowly missed my 2nd birdie of the year on the par 5 7th.   Overall was pretty happy with the way the irons went, a few lose drives.  Putter was pretty solid as well.  
Guess I'll keep the irons for a couple weeks 🤪

Yea welcome back!!

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

12 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Yea welcome back!!

Thanks.  Felt strange and good at the same time.  Definitely the longest layoff I've ever had from golf.  Even longer than after my double knee replacement! 

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

86 with 3 doubles 😞

8/14 FiR

8/18 GiR

36 putts with 3 3-jacks

Aside from almost jarring one from 110 on the 5th hole, I played pretty poorly. Mostly just inconsistent -- need to straighten out my swing with driver. Struggled with pace on the greens as well. Wish I could blame the 20mph wind and crappy greens but it was mostly me. On to the next one!

2DA4354A-9828-4D0E-97A5-6F24A51F123E.thumb.jpeg.d44506d143b84bd54e2162d7534509ed.jpeg

• Like 8

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Didn’t even keep score today but man was it good to get out!!IMG_7534.JPG

• Like 9

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: C130S

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :ping-small: G410 15*  w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 22*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*/60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spyder X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

My wife struggled all last year striking the ball, but she had a lot going on so she really didn't put in the time to fix it.  This year, she decided to rejoin the women's league, and asked me for some help.  I've tried to "volunteer" help over the last year, but you know how that goes,  🙄  so I've been keeping my mouth shut!

While we were in Palm Springs last month, she asked.  We went to the range and worked on pitch shots; she's always been pretty good with those but recently not so much.  After an hour she was back hitting good shots.  However, the driver was still a "push shot".  Then she bought a Bionic golf glove (she loves it), and with better rotation from the pitch shot practice, drives started going straight again.  Then the confidence came back, and all shots got better.  Why am I telling you this???

This weekend in our interminable winds she shot 86.  I shot 83 with 3 doubles and a couple of birdies.  Now I'm feeling threatened!!  The last time she beat me was one of my early rounds after my knee replacement 6 years ago, but then she had her knee replacement... and that was that.  I guess I have to go back to practicing again.

• Like 8

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We had an unusually calm, clear, sunny and warm(-ish .. 50*) day here (in NY) yesterday .. so I went out in the morning for a long paddle (SUP).

Got back home and my wife was done with her "homework" .. marking report cards .. and we decided to go out and take advantage of the beautiful day and golf. Being a holiday week, we opted for one of the Par 3s a short drive away. The wind had picked up a little bit but it was only a minor factor when hitting straight into it; the bigger problem was the low angle of the afternoon winter sun and the glare. Being winter and all (and having already exercised my back and arms!) decided to go with just wedges, putter and an 8i.

Hit the ball fairly decently ... excepting, of course!, for the few times I did not... Those times yielded me a double, a triple and a (gulp) quad. Man, gotta get those kinda holes under better control..... I also needed two tries (dammm) to get out of each of the two bunkers I dropped into, and splashed twice .. on the same two holes I often do...

But on the bright side I made a few pars, a few "easy" bogeys where my par putt grazed the edge of the cup and even one birdie! That was on an uphill hole, plays about 130 (with elevation), with trees overhanging left blocking the line to the blind green, a deep bunker in front, and also trees right. There is a bailout area to the right of the green. Hit the 8i just soldily enough to carry to the front edge and bounce onto the green. Got up there to find I had a not too-long (8-10ft?) not too hard-breaking putt .. and nailed it (yea!). 

• Like 6

WITB of an "aspiring" 😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*; Tensei CK Blue)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR)
..Tour Edge HL4 #4 iron-wood (UST Mamiya)
..Callaway Big Bertha CF19 6i (Recoil ZTR) / Apex CF16 7i-PW (Recoil ES 760)
..Hogan Equalizer 50/54/58 black (Recoil ES 760 black SmacWrap)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator...
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/39526-2020-official-member-review-exputt-putting-simulator/page/1/#comments

Back down to earth today. Tough conditions again, rain early in the round, and windy yet again, blowing 20-25 mph with a few times even more.  Started badly, pull hooked my first tee shot (3 wood for position) and had to take an unplayable. Chipped in for a bogey after short siding myself.  

Cost myself a few shots with poor tee shots, twice with 3 wood. Irons were ok. Putted well again, but misread consistently. Damp greens and strong wind are messing with my head. 2 rounds in a row where I've hit lots of putts where I aimed at the speed I want to have them not drop.

Tempo was probably adversely affected by waiting on nearly every shot due to a slow group in front that couldn't be bothered to get of the green once they had putted out. One of the problems with midweek golf.

Finished 83 net 76 which wasn't awful considering the conditions, but I should be used to it by now.

• Like 6

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:mizuno-small: MP18 MMC FliHi 4 Iron - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Got on course today for the first time since late October, got out with the new T300.
Bit of rust on the first hole, but bounced back nicely with the first birdie of the year on the 2nd hole.   128 yard par 3, 9 iron to about 12 feet left of the hole, and rolled the putt in 
Ended up with a 42 for 9 holes, and narrowly missed my 2nd birdie of the year on the par 5 7th.   Overall was pretty happy with the way the irons went, a few lose drives.  Putter was pretty solid as well.  
Guess I'll keep the irons for a couple weeks 🤪

Looking forward to March 2nd........what clubs are you bringing?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8(10.5*) w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(17.0*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid; Ben Hogan PTx 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER-6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).
  • Like 3

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

4 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Looking forward to March 2nd........what clubs are you bringing?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8(10.5*) w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(17.0*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid; Ben Hogan PTx 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER-6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Thanks, me as well. 

Right now other than driver, the only bag I have. Pretty much as listed in my signature. 

TS1 Driver

SIM 5 Wood

G410 7 & 9 Wood

G410 hybrid 5 iron

T300 6-GW

SM7 wedges

Hopefully a Spider X putter if it comes in by then, otherwise the SC Phantom 5.5

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

The same it seems as always. Somewhere between a 73 and 78ish. Been stuck at 4.1 forever it seems.

im an inconsistent iron player. Good driver, decent chipper, decent putter. Short irons pretty good. But I murder them at the range...

I guess I’m a range pro...🙄

• Like 3

Currently testing for review:

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 StifF

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Didn't score well yesterday for various reasons, but felt like I was making significant strides in better ball striking.  Lately, my ball contact has been off and I sought out my golf pro's eye to see what was going on.  He made a couple of changes that I incorporated and began working on.  Yesterday, things began clicking with the swing changes and I felt more solid contact again.  An OB, a dreadful lie in a greenside bunker, and a 3 putt after not hitting the green in regulation, all led to double bogies.  Ended up with 42 on the front and 43 on the back.  So, the score wasn't there but I went away from the round with some positive feelings that better things will return soon.  

• Like 3

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug