TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

On 8/4/2021 at 3:04 PM, MaxEntropy said:

Last night in league was near-perfect weather and my opponent was my good friend @Michael Wolff. We are both a 7 HC in league and we were playing the harder of the two nines. We were also neck-and-neck for our league MVP with only a few weeks remaining. I ended up with 6 pars, a bogey, and two stinkin' doubles for a 41. He had a birdie, 3 pars, 3 bogies, and 2 stinkin' doubles for a 42. It was a very close match and we were tied when we stepped up to the 18th tee after I doubled 17. 17 is a par 3 - I pulled my tee shot and left myself short-sided (why does that always happen?!?!?). It was a very difficult, uphill chip with the green running away from me - the primary goal was just getting it (and keeping it) on the green. I had about 30' for par and left it about 3 feet short. Rather than waiting, I decided to just ram it in and MISSED. Mike even tried to warn me by saying "take your time", but I'm too stubborn. So I took some frustration to 18 tee....

834504320_Screenshot_20210803-2133441.jpg.4fd39f9fee791e6d91c4c0b3a5befb97.jpg

OK, so I got a good bounce off the cart path. Mike was in decent position off the tee but hit his second a bit fat, ending up short/right, so I pretty sure a par would win it for me. Good thing, since the greens weren't holding and I ran my chip about 15 feet past the hole.

Anyway, it was a really fun night.

Sounds like a good night, and that's a big drive with the Epic. But those greens still aren't holding?

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Another meh mid-fourties league night. Couple holes I just can't seem to shake, and my ball striking has taken a dip the last few weeks. Promising range session last night, but I think I need a little less stakes in a round so I can hopefully bring back some feel.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

10 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Sounds like a good night, and that's a big drive with the Epic. But those greens still aren't holding?

Nope. Full shots are ok, but anything without enough speed to dent the green won't stop. I also had about a 50 yards for my 2nd on 16 to a middle pin. I landed my 54* on the front 1/3 of the green and it ran off the back.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

2 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Nope. Full shots are ok, but anything without enough speed to dent the green won't stop. I also had about a 50 yards for my 2nd on 16 to a middle pin. I landed my 54* on the front 1/3 of the green and it ran off the back.

Someone needs to straighten out the greens keeper. This is a mini, greens need to hold, especially short shots.

Take Dead Aim

22 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

That's really odd.  Our greens have been just the opposite.  With the extremely hot July we had and the lack of rain, our Super has stayed on top of watering the greens every day.   So much that he "overwaters" them a bit as our tee sheets are so packed everyday, he can't get the sprinklers on and even hand watering by the staff during the day is tough as 36 holes spread over 800 acres is tough to get around to everything.    So they have been playing softer than he'd like to keep them.  But he has told everyone, it only takes one extremely hot afternoon to ruin the greens for 2 weeks, if they don't have enough moisture in them. 

Are they not watering them either by hand or sprinklers?  It sounds like you haven't had much rain either. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

It sounds like you haven't had much rain either. 

About 2 or 3 weeks ago it seemed like it wouldn't stop raining.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Are they not watering them either by hand or sprinklers?  It sounds like you haven't had much rain either.

In general, it has been a dry summer, but we had a pretty wet July. The greens appear healthy (other than the 400 lb foot-dragger that must be in a league in front of us), they just don't seem to hold chips/pitches very well. 

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Had a great 9 last night 5 pars, a double, and 3 bogeys. Missed 2 birdie putts. Just need to straighten the driver out. Seems like every know and then I pick my head up and sky one off the face. Or the strong pull left sneaks in going OB. Outside of that my game has been good. I caught a downhill lie off a tee shot last night and Arccos had it at 295! Handicap also dropped to a 9.7 with the most recent 9 pairing 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

5 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Got to play an absolute gem today - Gulph Mills near King of Prussia, PA

I shot a +5 76 that included 3 birdies and a double

Because this was such an incredible course to get an invite to play I decided I’d take all of my regular gamers and I am really glad I did. I drove the ball so damn well today, hit my irons fantastic and putted out of my mind on some of the hardest greens I’ve ever played on. 

The round showed me the importance of fit golf clubs for me and gave me some great perspective on the clubs I am reviewing as part of the Cobra Connect Challenge. It reassured me that my swing wasn’t causing the issues I’ve been having with the new equipment so that was very reassuring. 

My caddie commented to me that he’s never seen someone play this course for the first time and putt so well. My love of my custom ER1v continues to grow. 

My Ping G410Lst driver reminded me why I love it so much. I was on near autopilot off the tee and the miss is a gentle fade. With the Radspeed the miss is more of a hook. 

My using my Mizuno irons for the first time in over a month were like putting on an old pair of comfy shoes. The Oban shafts just fit my swing so well and it felt good to get back to hitting consistent iron shots. 

I still really need to work on my Wedges and short approach shots. I continue to throw away birdie opportunities by wasting fantastic drives and then missing the green from 100 yards or less. 

Overall really happy with how I played on a tough course 

949A89B1-1CA3-450B-8D25-50C68C67F0B9.jpeg

B23C9E10-E336-4BAF-B0FD-E251D3867D42.jpeg

09FDB7AE-6858-485E-A51F-A55F77302177.jpeg

A100E7B0-4FF8-4144-B810-C30006EC5E57.jpeg

Great playing, and I'm glad that you made the equipment choice that let you shoot that score and have fun while doing it.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

20 hours ago, jlukes said:

Got to play an absolute gem today - Gulph Mills near King of Prussia, PA

I shot a +5 76 that included 3 birdies and a double

Because this was such an incredible course to get an invite to play I decided I’d take all of my regular gamers and I am really glad I did. I drove the ball so damn well today, hit my irons fantastic and putted out of my mind on some of the hardest greens I’ve ever played on. 

The round showed me the importance of fit golf clubs for me and gave me some great perspective on the clubs I am reviewing as part of the Cobra Connect Challenge. It reassured me that my swing wasn’t causing the issues I’ve been having with the new equipment so that was very reassuring. 

My caddie commented to me that he’s never seen someone play this course for the first time and putt so well. My love of my custom ER1v continues to grow. 

My Ping G410Lst driver reminded me why I love it so much. I was on near autopilot off the tee and the miss is a gentle fade. With the Radspeed the miss is more of a hook. 

My using my Mizuno irons for the first time in over a month were like putting on an old pair of comfy shoes. The Oban shafts just fit my swing so well and it felt good to get back to hitting consistent iron shots. 

I still really need to work on my Wedges and short approach shots. I continue to throw away birdie opportunities by wasting fantastic drives and then missing the green from 100 yards or less. 

Overall really happy with how I played on a tough course 

949A89B1-1CA3-450B-8D25-50C68C67F0B9.jpeg

B23C9E10-E336-4BAF-B0FD-E251D3867D42.jpeg

09FDB7AE-6858-485E-A51F-A55F77302177.jpeg

A100E7B0-4FF8-4144-B810-C30006EC5E57.jpeg

Beautiful track.. yum

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Didn’t play well this morning. Five hours of sleep, and a ridiculously tight back was not a good recipe for enjoyable golf. Frustrating. Time for a 2 hour nap!!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

A threesome grabbed my normal first time on Sat morning, then proceeded to not let me play through and took over 4 hours to get around. There were multiple groups backed up behind them and the 3ome behind me, accidentally hit into me a few times. My course has about half a dozen tee shots where you can't see the landing zone. Shot 81, 39/42. Couldn't hang on with a couple penalties on the back 9.

Take Dead Aim

3 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

A threesome grabbed my normal first time on Sat morning, then proceeded to not let me play through and took over 4 hours to get around. There were multiple groups backed up behind them and the 3ome behind me, accidentally hit into me a few times. My course has about half a dozen tee shots where you can't see the landing zone. Shot 81, 39/42. Couldn't hang on with a couple penalties on the back 9.

Inexcusable for a 3some to take 4 hours to play 18 holes of golf!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

6 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Especially when they're the first group out for the day. No one in front of them!

Take Dead Aim

27 minutes ago, CarlH said:

while I agree in most cases,  it will also be dependent on the course and distance between holes.   There is a course near me that takes 4 1/2 hours when making good time;  hopefully you don't have to search for any balls in the long rough. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

85... never got out of the blocks. A disappointment 

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Made an eagle on short par 5Number 17 Landed 25 feet from pin on my 2ndshot. Usually when my swing is good my putting is lousy. Was the case that day as I tried all sorts of ways to putt.  As I was waiting for my partners to chip on. I decided to squat down to see the putt from level of the butt end of the putter. I don’t normally crotch down   For whatever reason this gave me confident I start to think how the butt end of the putter moved 

This time I square up my left thumb and focus on keeping the butt end “still” and moving the putter head pass the butt end. Think Brand Snedekar   Not normally my style of putting im more forward Press 

anyway rolls pure and my partners say it’s going in and indeed it do go in   Now it was flat no break long putt  not that hard of a putt but wonderful feeling to drain it. 
I’m continue with this style of putting. I made drastic change going from a lefty low hosel 8802 style putter with fat grip to righty S shaped hosel with thin grip 

on the 18 I had a short putt missed using this method    I m okay with long putts with this style but with shorter putts say inside 5 feet I try need to try something different 

on the practice green for the shorty I gain confident when I “wipe” the blade with my left hand this helps clarify which fingers of my right to feel tight on the handle and just putt with right hand only 

I shot a 101 yesterday which is a new PB.  More to the point, though, was the process.  My putting was hit and miss, but I had very few flubbed shots everywhere else.  Mishits and poor aim are acceptable for me; it's the ten foot chunkers that drive me insane.  Drives were more good than bad my irons were decent and for the first time my hybrids were fantastic!  Son and I played with a couple friends who were both willing and eager to give tips so I picked brains as much as I could.  We keep finding new coworkers that play and nearly all of them have been terrific playing partners.  Yesterday was a wonderful round.  Good golf and better friends 🙂

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

Haven't posted in a while. Got 4 rounds in the last few weeks. Got to play Wyncote in Chester PA, Chesapeake Bay in Rising Sun MD, and Cherokee Run in Conyers GA 2X.

Started out pretty decent up North. Wyncote (72.7/136) was almost like a links style course which I love, and pretty hilly too. My driver was decent but not great. Played along the left edge out of the tee box most of the time. Most lost balls/penalties were balls that just trickled into the fescue and it was too thick to try to find anything. Went 53/44 for 97 (20.2 diff) with 7 penalties. Caught fire on the back hitting 5/9 GIR. Driver was in play (but still left side) which left me short irons/wedges out.

Next day at Chesapeake Bay (70.8/123) played with a fun group of friends. Course was much flatter and pretty open. So any misses were on another fairway and could easily be played back. Only carded 1 penalty all day going 46/42 (15.8 diff). Again driver distance was playing about 250yds so plenty of short iron/wedges in. 

Week and a half later played outside Atlanta at Cherokee Run (71.7/136). Gorgeous course and VERY hilly and wooded. There pretty much was no flat lie anywhere. Greens were tough, very undulating and fast. Both times, warm ups felt great really smacking some straight shots and nice draws, of course from the perfect flat lie. Get to the course, and the wheels fell off. Almost all the tee boxes were sloping between the tee blocks and upward towards target. So I came to learn I don't get enough practice with these above/below feet lies coupled with up/down slope (especially living in Florida where it's pretty flat). Lots of 3 putts too on the fast hilly greens. So shot a 103 and 104 (25 and 26 diff). Really made me lose what little confidence I had in my swing overall especially with irons. Had 2 good rounds prior where I felt things were starting to click, and then Cherokee hit me with all these crazy lies. 

Biggest takeaway these last 4 rounds, my approach game is really killing me especially when >150 yds. I just feel lost with my irons right now. The mind bees are swarming at address....thinking about the lie, playing the angles properly to not hit fat/thin, too bent or upright at address...  

Going back to Arccos, I love the data but my caddie link misses too many shots. Still find myself making sure all shots are correct while playing and I know this slows me down and annoys my playing partners. So at Cherokee, I decided not going to worry about Arccos and just play. Well, Arccos missed 33 and 34 shots in each of the rounds, respectively. It was sunny out not overcast. All sensor diagnostics are good. Caddie Link is clipped to my front pocket. No way I remember 30+ shots per round to update it after. Working with Arccos support now to try to determine if there is an issue with my caddie link. In diagnostic mode it sometimes initially detects the club but then a second later says no club detected. Might try to use the phone in the pocket next time I play to see if that is any better. It definitely takes away from just playing and enjoying the round when having to mess around with it so much. If the phone isn't any better at picking up shots, I'm really on the verge of trashing Arccos to be able to just focus on playing.  

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

How’d I do?

In a word, fantastic.

I’d been looking forward to this for a long time—that inevitable game with the brother at our favorite course whenever we’re together. By the time we reached the back nine, temps were well into the 100s° F. But you know, it’s a dry heat, so it’s not considered crazy to golf in sunstroke weather.

A bit of background …

Years ago, I shattered 100 by planting a score of 93 deep into the ground. The only problem was, I injured my back doing it—an overzealous 7-iron to reach the green in two. The games that followed that were back in the low 100s. And then I took a long break. 

Since then, age, sporadic play and lack of time on the range has deteriorated my swing. My brother then took interest in the game, so we’d play a couple games whenever we were together. And since then, my scores crept in the wrong direction. I suppose I updated my clubs to help re-ignite my interest.

And who doesn’t love a new set of clubs? Trouble was, it added more distraction than actually getting me back on track. 

Positive Step Forward

Before our sibling match I finally did what I always wanted to do. I took a lesson. I had someone take look at my swing and tell me what needed fixing. And it worked. I need more lessons, for sure, but he said the one thing I badly needed to hear—that I still had the elements of a decent swing. More accurately, he said, “If you worked on it, you could make to the high 80s.”

For whatever reason it was the kind of motivation I needed to hear.

So last week …

My brother and I played our game on that overheated golf course, and I started to see my old self again. Bogeys and double bogeys for sure, and a couple holes that went completely awry. But I also made a par or two, and I birdied a par 5 hole. I didn’t just birdie it, I landed my third shot from 100 yds out to within four feet of the hole.

In the end, I stayed inbounds and scored a 101. Can’t expect miracles yet and miles to go, but at least now I can see the road ahead, and it’s not as bumpy as it used to be.

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58° PUTTER Untitled-8.png.42ad9734db415b5a132df0574137f4f0.png KS1

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO | Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png SUPERSOFT
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

My course was closed to open play this weekend. We had member guest going on. So I went and played a local public course. Actually not in to bad condition. But the first 9 holes was played in the fog. The greens were slow as heck. So you really had to go pin hunting. I wound up with a perfect all par round of 70.  I was really hitting the driver long today. Average was around 270. Thats good for me.

So being pleased with my round I headed home. I get out of the car, take my clubs out and a Fed Ex truck pulls up behind me. Delivery of the Maxfli balls for testing showed up. Poor timing having just finished playing. More about the balls in the testing thread later today.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

9 minutes ago, TBS said:

81 - 40/41

3 birdies, 1 freaking triple, 8 FIR, 8 GIR, 2 up and downs, 1 penalty

I was close to breaking 80 today. One bad hole held me back. I’m proud of how I played and never got too frustrated. Today was fun. 

D2F51D2C-A9FE-42DD-A67A-11C58F040541.jpeg.d6e0e4d59428acd574caad77d2b05742.jpeg

Doubles are bad, Triples are killers.  You’ll get it next time!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list