MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

I played a quick 9 yesterday.  It was an interesting day.  Kind of blah.  Shot three over, started off doubling the first.  

My mind was all over the place.  Kept it in play and put my second shots in okay position.  

I learned I don’t have to be “on” to score okay.  

• Like 4

Was a bit odd just firing at the center of every green,

A strategy most of us could benefit from even when the flags are in the hole.
  • Like 8

A strategy most of us could benefit from even when the flags are in the hole.

First time in years I didn’t fire at a sucker pin or well any pin for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

Our course opened today and our foursome was the first group out  - that's become a tradition. Forecast was light winds, sunny and mid to high 40's. Actual weather: strong winds off the lake, no sun and 42*. Since it was cart path only, I decided to walk at least the front 9. Drove the cart to #1 from our house with the push cart on the back. The other three guys decided to use their carts. Played really awful -  I  decided to stop keeping score - it might have been after I drove 3 balls in the water on #1. .I figure I ended up somewhere between 90 and 100. However, it didn't matter I was out of the house, into fresh air and able to trash talk with my buds. 

Edit: FYI there were no pins so we had to guess where the hole was - that didn't help scoring. The grounds crew inverted the cups so the ball couldn't go in but you couldn't see the hole until you were on the green. . 

IMG_6681 (1).JPG

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Got out today and walked 18 at my club. They pulled the flags and put cut down pool noodles in the cups. Was a bit odd just firing at the center of every green, but it worked. Shot an unofficial-3 68 thanks to and eagle on 4 and a birdie on 5 to go with 16 pars. First round with the broomstick and could not have rolled it better. Looking forward to a good season if we can get back to normal golf.

So were you doing gimmies within x ‘ ? If so would be just a nice version of a simulator 😭😭need golf to come back

Edited by Lacassem
  • Like 3

So were you doing gimmies within x ‘ ? If so would be just a nice version of a simulator need golf to come back

Rolled all putts to the hole and if it rolled over the hole at a speed that would reasonably have gone it it was holed. That distance was under about 6 inches.

• Like 4

Have a Tee Time w Bacon Boyz Friday, my 2 weeks up

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

Have a Tee Time w Bacon Boyz Friday, my 2 weeks upemoji106.png

Have fun buddy and cook some bacon on the course 💣

I played yesterday for the first time in over a month.  Hit the ball decent and it was fun getting out of the house. Heck the last time I played the grass was brown and yesterday the course was pretty and green.  I did walk using my pushcart and could tell by 14 my endurance was not like pre shat bug that is going around.  I miss my gym time and boy can I tell the difference on the scales and on the course. 

• Like 5

Just keep the first tee jitters in check and you'll be good.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Definitely will miss the Bacon IMG_0392.PNG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

..,. 2 days in a row now hitting 9 irons at the park. Nobody there so other than walkers using the track around the park I have the place to myself. At least I got some fresh air and sunshine, something that has been scarce around here. Two things I learned:

1. After not hitting a single golf ball in 5 months and feeling like a 20 yesterday (my first time out) I cut my index in half and dropped to approximately a 10. 🤪  Felt much better today and made solid contact again, something that eluded me yesterday. And yes the S Word applied. 

2. Lamkin UTx grips suck without a wet towel to keep them tacky. I play without a glove so I wipe them down at least every other shot and I am used to them being very tacky. But after about 20 swings they started to get a little slick or at least lost their tackiness. Next time I will take a wet washcloth with me. 

• Like 7

Planned to play 18, but at the turn the rain came down and wind picked up so I called it a round. Struggled the first 3 holes off the tee and was puling the ball and even hit a house OB. Ouch.  Went through some swing keys and got it back in bounds anyways the rest of the way. 

Hit my irons well, putted decent, and chipping was so so. Been playing with a couple different grips around the green and decided around 7 to just go back to my interlock. 

• Like 5

Friday 9 holes w Bacon Boyz🥓
Quite a few guys didn’t show, this COVID 19 has folks concerned.
After 2 weeks off I played surprising well. Had 1 bad dbl hole 7 Pars.
Felt great getting out again

• Like 6

72 (par 73)

9/14 fir

12/18 gir

28 putts

Perfect day weather wise. Hit it solid, and even got a couple of birdie putts to drop. 

Was actually lucky to get out. On a whim I looked for a time yesterday and 1240 was the only time before 5. They are the only public course that is still open in the area. Tee times can be booked 2 days before starting at midnight and they are gone in 15 mins. Course is doing a good job of distancing and the procedures seem to be effective. Tomorrow my normal Saturday group is playing my club again after 3 weeks away. 

• Like 5

Got out today and walked 18 at my club. They pulled the flags and put cut down pool noodles in the cups. Was a bit odd just firing at the center of every green, but it worked. Shot an unofficial-3 68 thanks to and eagle on 4 and a birdie on 5 to go with 16 pars. First round with the broomstick and could not have rolled it better. Looking forward to a good season if we can get back to normal golf.

According to the Florida Golf Association these rounds still count. We are supposed to add a stroke if in our opinion the ball would not have been holed under ordinary circumstances. Also if a club isn’t using flag sticks they are encouraged to hand out daily pin sheets.

I was pretty stunned by that communication in our monthly newsletter

• Like 5

81 (39/42), finished the last four holes bogey, double, birdie, double. Ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 7