Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

7:00am Tee Time & hot and humid, yuck morning.  Started off pretty good 3 Pars BUT 4th hole wheels feel off!!  3 bad Bogies where I couldn’t find face of the club, everything off the toe.  Last 3 holes Scrambled with 2 Pars Bogey.  Ended up +4 which is better than the round looked.  
This morning was also a bit of an experiment, played ProV1’s.  Height wasn’t bad but were shorter than ProV1x balls.  The shorter distance resulted in hitting into 2 traps in front of greens, my story and sticking to it😜

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Had a playing lesson with my swing coach this morning for 45 minutes.  Minor tweaks in my setup, particularly with driver, but same with all clubs.  Apparently, what I was seeing as square, wasn't.  So, focus on squaring the club better and focus on squaring my shoulders better, relax the shoulders more with my wedge play, and let it flow.

After the playing lesson, I hit a couple more drives on the range, then to the putting green to get ready for my 11:30 game.

Turns out that 2 players in our group bailed on us so we played as a twosome.  Fortunately, the course wasn't crowded and the pace was fine.  Only another 2 some ahead of us and we never caught up to earlier groups.

Anyway, after my lesson, I was striping the ball.  Had a few errant shots, but for the most part I was striking the ball clean.    Shot 4 over on the front and 1 under on the back for a 75.  Club championship is Friday for 3 days of medal play. 

Stay hot for club championship! good luck!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

1 hour ago, Sluggo42 said:

Been hot of late, went low again today.

Adele just flat rocks

That’s funny. I can tell you used “voice to text”! Adele! 😂 Tell her, “Hello,” for me! 😂😂😂😂👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

7:00am Tee Time & hot and humid, yuck morning.  Started off pretty good 3 Pars BUT 4th hole wheels feel off!!  3 bad Bogies where I couldn’t find face of the club, everything off the toe.  Last 3 holes Scrambled with 2 Pars Bogey.  Ended up +4 which is better than the round looked.  
This morning was also a bit of an experiment, played ProV1’s.  Height wasn’t bad but were shorter than ProV1x balls.  The shorter distance resulted in hitting into 2 traps in front of greens, my story and sticking to it😜

Found the same thing comparing those two balls….

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 minute ago, PMookie said:

Found the same thing comparing those two balls….

Have a 8:00am Tee Time tomorrow and going to give the ProV1 v ProV1x head to head.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

Played the 9 hole league last night, I hit the irons real well, the top of the bag real well and .....

I putted like Roberto Duran....with hands of stone.    😒

I missed 3 putts less than 8' for birdie (none even hit the hole) which made them feel like bogies and 3 putted 3 times.  

eta...was thinking about it and had a couple short sided chip shots that ended up within 1' for tap ins so my hands were only stone-like for putting.  Either I need to do some work checking on my putting setup and stroke or I need to use my wedge on the green!  🤔  I guess I'll do some videoing on the putting green and see what is off.

Have you tried LHL?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

4 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Have you tried LHL?

I did use LHL on the last hole since I had been so bad on the first 8 just to change it up and the first putt was blasted by about 5' but i did make the 2nd putt coming back.  I had putted LHL for about 15 years and went back to conventional just last fall.  My putting has been good to very good this year, last night was the exception so I believe there was something off in my set up or stroke that I couldn't figure out.  Except for the last hole I think all misses were short and on the low side.  Frustrating thing was I noticed the pattern walking off the second green after missing the 2nd 6' birdie putt and couldn't get it corrected.  I'm not panicking just yet but I'm not ruling out a temporary putter change just to shake things up and give me a different look.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

I did use LHL on the last hole since I had been so bad on the first 8 just to change it up and the first putt was blasted by about 5' but i did make the 2nd putt coming back.  I had putted LHL for about 15 years and went back to conventional just last fall.  My putting has been good to very good this year, last night was the exception so I believe there was something off in my set up or stroke that I couldn't figure out.  Except for the last hole I think all misses were short and on the low side.  Frustrating thing was I noticed the pattern walking off the second green after missing the 2nd 6' birdie putt and couldn't get it corrected.  I'm not panicking just yet but I'm not ruling out a temporary putter change just to shake things up and give me a different look.

Probably just one of those days.  As fickle as this game can be, I've learned to wait for clear trends to develop before getting too concerned about changes.  Loved the Roberto Duran comparison 🤣

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Been a minute since I posted on this thread... mainly because my game has been pretty uneventful/poor play to what I would expect.  But all the more reason to air out all the churn inside my head I suppose. 

Played 16 last night (Cruising to a 3 hour round and ran into a severe back up on 16, it was getting close to dusk and I had proved to myself the swing isn't there in the previous 16 holes) so just kept on trucking right to the trunk of my car with the clubs.  

I have been doing my best to track shots and entering into the Golfmetrics app to track my strokes gained performance in the various areas.  Of course I don't need the strokes gained results to tell me that my iron play is horrendous right now.  Last night, if I would have carded a par on 17 and 18 (which granted... is a stretch with the game I brought to the course with me), I would have shot 84.  

I am using the "scratch golfer" comparison for strokes gained.  Last 5 rounds I have -4.4 strokes gained on approach shots, and -2.4 on drives.  Short game and putting average out to about even.  Most of the approach shots SG lost is in the 150-200 range (-3.0) which is sadly where many of my approach shots fall with my mediocre driving distance.  I am averaging just shy of 5.5 GIR, and hitting 65% of fairways.  Also finding the water too much (in those 5 rounds... 1.7 penalty strokes a round average).  

Club championship coming up... hoping to at least play to my handicap... will be working on flushing my irons with every moment I can get a club in my hand.

Edited by Tiftaaft
  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

On 8/10/2021 at 8:16 AM, edingc said:

Meh. Haven't posted much lately as there hasn't been much good to report over the last four or five times out. The last scramble I played really did a number on my swing, which I figured would happen. Some solid golf now but mixed in with some absolutely awful holes - a quadruple bogey, several triples and even more doubles. 

I'm down to the last 3.5 weeks of my main season and am bummed about the sudden downturn after playing so well all of July. Oddly enough, my driver has been awesome throughout this downturn, but everything else has been miserable.

Going to keep grinding and try to get the ship righted quickly.

I am with you here.  I've gotten really frustrated lately...I've focused a lot of energy into DECADE and course management, and now that I feel like I'm making better decisions, I can't get the ball to behave like I want it to.  Driving and putting okay, but I have a slight push to the point that I think my alignment is somehow off, and my wedges have really suffered this year.  I'd really like to right the ship and finish strong, but it gets tough to get the practice time in to do that.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Probably just one of those days.  As fickle as this game can be, I've learned to wait for clear trends to develop before getting too concerned about changes.  Loved the Roberto Duran comparison 🤣

I used the hands of stone reference last night after 3 putting the 2nd to last hole and included the 'No Mas' and the other old guy in the group started laughing and the two younger players had no clue at all!    🤣  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Loved the Roberto Duran comparison

Agreed.  I use that on the course all the time, when feel deserts me.   LOL

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

58 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

🤔 Adele is my Edel EASy #4 putter. But I will say hello to her for you!

she IS hot, and today she was hotter than ever. 4 birdies today, and went low again.

If I was rolling 4 birds and going low regularly with my putter, I would name her too...  

You could say that your Edel has been "rolling in the deep" 🤣

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

8:00 am Tee Time, hot and humid and we had “THAT” 4some in front of us this morning.  it was UGLY.

They teed off @ 7:36, we Teed off 8:00…….we caught them at 2nd hole!!!!  WAITED on every shot until Ranger finally caught up to them mess and read them the Riot Act.  By that time our 3some was wasted.

The group was a mother and father and 2 sons.  I have Friday to look forward to!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

59 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

If I was rolling 4 birds and going low regularly with my putter, I would name her too...  

You could say that your Edel has been "rolling in the deep" 🤣

Name her??!!??!!

....... I'd be sleeping with her!!!!    😆

30 minutes ago, Rickp said:

8:00 am Tee Time, hot and humid and we had “THAT” 4some in front of us this morning.  it was UGLY.

They teed off @ 7:36, we Teed off 8:00…….we caught them at 2nd hole!!!!  WAITED on every shot until Ranger finally caught up to them mess and read them the Riot Act.  By that time our 3some was wasted.

The group was a mother and father and 2 sons.  I have Friday to look forward to!!

At least the ranger tried to do something about it. 99.9% of the places I play a ranger is nowhere to be found on slow days.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

43 minutes ago, Rickp said:

... I love reading about you Florida guys rounds. I play twilite golf and you are home and posting way before I even leave to play. By the time I get home I imagine you guys are in bed. 🥱

... I feel for you guys dealing with the heat and high humidity. Been around 30-40% humidity here lately and temps hovering around 100* so it is very sweaty conditions after not sweating from Oct to June. When it drops to 20% it is much better and playing fall/winter/spring when the humidity is single digits is very comfortable even at 105*. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

31 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

At least the ranger tried to do something about it. 99.9% of the places I play a ranger is nowhere to be found on slow days.

True, he was pretty good, must be new hire.

I saw him at the turn and Ranger was there talking to Starter and he thanked me for alerting him to what they were doing.

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

There’s been a slow “reduction” in the number of Rangers ever since the minimum wage was increased.  Rangers are all Retired People and  Gee terrific perks.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I was minus one under after four holes at my nine hole golf league and it got called because of lightning! Everything was working as it should and then mother nature had to interrupt and rear her ugly head by throwing a couple lightning bolts and 30 mph winds my way. Really she couldn't wait until after my round?? Lol

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

4 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

I was minus one under after four holes at my nine hole golf league and it got called because of lightning! Everything was working as it should and then mother nature had to interrupt and rear her ugly head by throwing a couple lightning bolts and 30 mph winds my way. Really she couldn't wait until after my round?? Lol

MDGolfHacker

Just wait until you get the new sticks👍

Rick

Left Hand,