MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

Saturday

8/14 FIR

7/18 GIR

29 putts

Hit it terrible. Missed the first 7 greens in a row. Just couldn't get the feel I needed.

Sunday

72 (par 73)

7/14 FIR
12/18 GIR

29 putts

Hit it better than day before that's for sure. Wasn't great but was able to get a good score out of a meh ball striking day. 

• Like 8

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:taylormade-small:             M5 15* (Ventus Black 7x) 43"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-AW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Oh yeah, here is a pic of something that happened today. Tee shot on 16 climbs a pretty good hill. My goal is always to get over the top (about a 220 carry from the tees I usually play). Today, my tee shot was about 5 yards short of reaching the top, so it turned left and dribbled down the hill (you can barely make out the yellow ball on the left side). I walked it off - I lost about 15 yards thanks to the hill.
turkeyfoot16.thumb.jpg.02484f09c8704794ba79144abae19729.jpg

I am SO jealous of real fairways like this! Good Lord, I’m so tired of crappy golf courses. Seriously. It’s ridiculous the goat ranches I have to play. Man. That’s so nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 7

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Oh yeah, here is a pic of something that happened today. Tee shot on 16 climbs a pretty good hill. My goal is always to get over the top (about a 220 carry from the tees I usually play). Today, my tee shot was about 5 yards short of reaching the top, so it turned left and dribbled down the hill (you can barely make out the yellow ball on the left side). I walked it off - I lost about 15 yards thanks to the hill.

turkeyfoot16.thumb.jpg.02484f09c8704794ba79144abae19729.jpg

Funny isn't it, how they put obstacles at about the driving distance for the average bogey golfer. The USGA defines a male bogey golfer as driving the ball 200 yards, so 220 carry increases the slope rating.

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 hours ago, PMookie said:

I am SO jealous of real fairways like this! Good Lord, I’m so tired of crappy golf courses. Seriously. It’s ridiculous the goat ranches I have to play. Man. That’s so nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And that's a public course that gets a TON of play because it drains so well.

• Like 4

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

image.png

Played pretty lousy this morning. The worms were definitely afraid for their lives. Ended up +8, considering conditions were awesome, 56’, fareways good and greens little slow but true.
We picked up a new guy his 1st time w us, retired NY cop. He’ll fit right in.
I realized this morning that I like to play well, everyone does but the camaraderie may be the best part.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, MattF said:

And that's a public course that gets a TON of play because it drains so well.

They lost over 100 trees in the tornado a couple weeks ago, mainly around 15, 16, 17, and 18. Cleanup from it is nearly complete.

• Like 3

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

First time out following the lockdown. Rough go, but felt good to be out nonetheless. Typical me, front nine was very poor with two huge blow up holes, back nine I scored better but didn't play any better. Swing very out of sorts.
- 50 (48 ESC) / 42 = 92 (90 ESC)
- 4/14 FIR
- 3/18 GIR (1 pitch-in birdie)
- 32 Putts (4 3-putts, 7 2-putts, 6 1-putts, 1 pitch-in)
- ~ 3:00 Round Time
Yeah, it was pretty ugly. Chipping and pitching being the highlight of the day since that's all I've been able to practice for the past month. Pitched in for birdie from about 18 yards out, nearly holed out another birdie on No. 18 (stopped two inches short), and generally had a pretty good day with shots 80 yards and in. I switched my wedges back to my Maltby M+'s and that made a big difference (more on that in another thread, I think).
Unfortunately, I hit maybe two good iron shots all day and did not register a single good drive. Everything was just junky cut up fades. I also had a three-hole stretch on the front nine where I topped the ball six times in about 10 shots, including back-to-back pitching wedges off the tee that went directly into the creek in front of me. Yuck.
Still, I did keep the ball in the general vicinity of the fairways and greens, and my chipping saved my lousy long game and so-so putting. First go around with [mention=72400]yungkory[/mention]'s old TaylorMade Spider X and while I love the shaft (KBS CT Tour Putter), the face is firmer than my older Spider Tour Red and that took some adjusting with the MTB-Xs. Lag putting was a bright spot, though!
I would get killed on a longer course or one with punishing hazards, so I'm still a long ways from my goal of playing to single digits this year...

Must have felt good to get out again

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 minutes ago, edingc said:

First time out following the lockdown. Rough go, but felt good to be out nonetheless. Typical me, front nine was very poor with two huge blow up holes, back nine I scored better but didn't play any better. Swing very out of sorts.

- 4/14 FIR

Yeah, it was pretty ugly. Chipping and pitching being the highlight of the day since that's all I've been able to practice for the past month. Pitched in for birdie from about 18 yards out, nearly holed out another birdie on No. 18 (stopped two inches short), and generally had a pretty good day with shots 80 yards and in. I switched my wedges back to my Maltby M+'s and that made a big difference (more on that in another thread, I think).

Unfortunately, I hit maybe two good iron shots all day and did not register a single good drive. Everything was just junky cut up fades. I also had a three-hole stretch on the front nine where I topped the ball six times in about 10 shots, including back-to-back pitching wedges off the tee that went directly into the creek in front of me. Yuck.

Still, I did keep the ball in the general vicinity of the fairways and greens, and my chipping saved my lousy long game and so-so putting. First go around with @yungkory's old TaylorMade Spider X and while I love the shaft (KBS CT Tour Putter), the face is firmer than my older Spider Tour Red and that took some adjusting with the MTB-Xs. Lag putting was a bright spot, though!

I would get killed on a longer course or one with punishing hazards, so I'm still a long ways from my goal of playing to single digits this year...

Single digits is overrated. Just increases pressure. 🤣

Some good stuff to take away from first round...

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:taylormade-small:             M5 15* (Ventus Black 7x) 43"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-AW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

5 minutes ago, edingc said:

- 4/14 FIR

Still, I did keep the ball in the general vicinity of the fairways and greens, and my chipping saved my lousy long game and so-so putting. First go around with @yungkory's old TaylorMade Spider X and while I love the shaft (KBS CT Tour Putter), the face is firmer than my older Spider Tour Red and that took some adjusting with the MTB-Xs. Lag putting was a bright spot, though!

Hey ya know what ya got to play....silver lining. First time out too is always rough but 90 on round 1 not too shabby!

• Like 5

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125 VS :titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

43-37 today. I was in the zone and didn't even realize I could have shot even on the back as I bogeyed 18! 2 birds on the back 9 par-5s helped. Lots of missed putts on the front.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 9

@Rickp, @THEZIPR23, @Lacassem

Thanks, guys! Just need to put it together. In my two rounds before the lockdown, I drove the ball so much better but had a terrible short game. Even still today, change my double-triple-quad sequence to bogey-bogey-bogey and I shoot 46/42 and I walk away feeling better about everything.

For reference, my longest drive today was 221 yards. Last month a well-struck drive was 250-260 in similar conditions. That kind of day.

• Like 6

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.8 (Last Updated July 25, 2020)

2020 MGS #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE PARTICIPANT #TEAMSCALVESLIKEPHIL - Check out all of the action over here!

#CC4 WITB (Cobra x Vessel SpeedZone Stand Bag)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
4-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos

8 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

53/50
8 fairways
2 GIR
38 putts with 5 three putts.

It was a nice day to be out even though scoring wasn't good and the putter was ice cold. The driver was treating me pretty well on the front, with 5 of my eight fairways hit, and I didn't lose a ball. Then the back nine happened. Tee shot on 10 I aimed way right and pulled one into some trees. Next hole I hit a pull hook into a creek.

I hit two great drives 250 and 242, but also hit a couple that went straight up, one went 99 yards and I hit a few in the 140-170 range. The wind was also a factor, as it seemed like a lot of driving holes were into the wind. My longest drive was on 18 and I hit a good second shot leaving me 40 yards out on the par 5 and I then topped the pitch shot, got the next one on and three putted.

I'm not going to complain, it's the fourth round of the year and I am not expecting to be sharp. The driving range being out of commission is hurting, but that means I just have to practice on the course.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Where did you get to play? Valley Brook opens this Friday and I'm chomping at the bit! Great play-by-play on how your shaking off the dust of confinement. I'll be wrapping up this 6-nights/week schedule on May 11th and we'll get together.

• Like 4

Where did you get to play? Valley Brook opens this Friday and I'm chomping at the bit! Great play-by-play on how your shaking off the dust of confinement. I'll be wrapping up this 6-nights/week schedule on May 11th and we'll get together.
That sounds like a plan! I'm really looking forward to it, I actually downloaded it on Arccos to give it a look over. Rotating shifts are brutal, I did it for several years and was ecstatic when we went to set shifts.

I played Chatata Valley yesterday, it was fairly busy, to say the least. Even with the bad ball striking. I'm happy to hear your course is opening this weekend, hopefully you'll get to play soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3