MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

5 hours ago, KillerGees said:

Where did you get to play? Valley Brook opens this Friday and I'm chomping at the bit! Great play-by-play on how your shaking off the dust of confinement. I'll be wrapping up this 6-nights/week schedule on May 11th and we'll get together.

Rotating shifts are BRUTAL! When I got out of they military worked at a hospital we had a very odd schedule, 1 week day shift 7-3, the next week would be nights 11-7 and the week after was Wednesday-Friday 3-11 and Saturday & Sunday was 7PM-7AM sucked so bad. But I played ALOT of golf on the 2nd/3rd shift weeks

• Like 5

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal:

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g

:adams-small: 2H & 4H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

3 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Shot 44/47:91 a Plantation Palms today. Greens were going south where a couple weeks ago they were great. So as we played I got an email fr9m Falcon’s Fire, a top notch club in Orlando. Offering a weekday rate to Florida residents of $29 plus tax. The course normally is $125 to $150 per round! As soon as I got home, I booked a foursome for my Tuesday group. Can’t wait to give it a go....

https://www.falconsfire.com/golf-course/tour-the-course

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

So many great courses in Florida !

Have fun at Falcons Fire...looks great !

• Like 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram

Waiting on my :cobra-small: SpeedZones

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    

:cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:

Played a few days ago and developed the sh***s midway through the front 9, shot a 45. Somehow pieced together a functional swing on the back and shot 3 over 38 with 5 1-putts. Golf is a funny game...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero (8.5* HZRDUS Smoke Shaft)

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 5-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-3's 50* 54* and 58*

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  :srixon-small:  ZStar XV

Took 4 days off with zero golf. planned on the range one day, but decided to just lsy low with a couple yard projects.

Walked 9 to a +5.  Nothing good or bad in any area with the exception of putting which saved me which saved my bacon from a +8 or worse.

Iron distance was good, but a taste off, so it left me some extra chips. 

Range session is in order today to work out some alignment and set up issues. 

• Like 8

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Shot 44/47:91 a Plantation Palms today. Greens were going south where a couple weeks ago they were great. So as we played I got an email fr9m Falcon’s Fire, a top notch club in Orlando. Offering a weekday rate to Florida residents of $29 plus tax. The course normally is $125 to $150 per round! As soon as I got home, I booked a foursome for my Tuesday group. Can’t wait to give it a go....

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Could you forward that email please. Love that course. I’ve got a friend who is stuck here until New England is safe. I’d love to being him up there for a round.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

19 hours ago, Rickp said:

Awesome morning 65’, light wind sunny. 40 with 5 pars and 4 bogies. G410 driver still pretty good, irons good, not great but missed some very makable putts.
Hated to leave the guys after 9 holes but my knees talked me into leaving.
We got a new guy for Wednesday’s and he’s going to be OK.
That’s 2 new decent players joined us this week.

New Bacon Boys? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

On 4/29/2020 at 5:02 AM, fozcycle said:

Have fun Foz!!  I played Falcon's Fire many years ago and it's a great course.  Make it a good outing.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

New Bacon Boys? 

Tuesday & Wednesday no Bacon Boyz, actual decent golfers.
Monday & Friday (especially Friday) are “The Boyz”. Golf is the excuse to get out of the house for these guys. If it wasn’t so funny I’d move on but....

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Tuesday & Wednesday no Bacon Boyz, actual decent golfers.
Monday & Friday (especially Friday) are “The Boyz”. Golf is the excuse to get out of the house for these guys. If it wasn’t so funny I’d move on but....

Bacon Boyz tomorrow 🥓

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Played Eagle Pointe again today. Drove the ball well and only lost 2 balls today, but shot the same score today as I did last week. But I know I hit the ball better today just didn't get any puts to drop. Should have had 2 birdies on front and one on back. Back nine score was a little alcohol soaked 🍺 ! But it was ninety degrees and Coronas were going down nicely.

image.png.80bd3c9435c6aae994d92d41e93afe8f.png

• Like 8

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram

Waiting on my :cobra-small: SpeedZones

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    

:cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:

I’ve played twice this year. Last Wed and Wed before. 

feel like it takes to hole 15 start feeling like I’m finally playing golf

but man it’s fun to get back out. 

• Like 5

The Bacon Boyz were very subdued this morning, I think the lack of bacon & sausage is taking its toll.
Anyway played a decent 1 over with 2 birds. Course this morning wasn’t overly tough but I made it tough on a couple holes.
Weather beautiful 62’ w light breeze and sunny.
Getting anxious for the state to start opening up, slowly is OK but some opening

• Like 7

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

... What a day! After almost 6 months off I finally got to play a round of golf. 🤗 Turned out much better than I would have thought. Figured it would either be ugly or really ugly but I shot 1 over and it was only a little ugly. Lots of ups and downs as I was missing greens or leaving myself 30+ footers and very few legit chances at birdie. I rolled in a 35 footer that had a good deal of break and it just fell in the side. But I was just trying too make solid contact on the front 9 and shot 1 under. Started feeling more comfortable on the back 9 and got too cute with a couple of front pin downwind I took just enough club to land short or just on and the ball plugged short both times. Did not hit either super solid so that few yards of less carry really cost me. I should have taken more club and had 20 footers coming back. 

... It just felt awesome too get out again and I almost had the place to myself. With only 2 somes allowed and tee times 15 minutes apart, I figured it would be packed. I had a 1:45 and arrived at 1:35 and was surprised to see nobody on the first 3 holes. Starter said your partner isn't here so go ahead and tee off. Didn't catch anyone til #12 and a dad and his son waived me thru.  After since there has been NO GOLF in Illinois since last fall, a nice day in the mid 60's I was shocked to see it so empty. I have a 2:45 tomorrow and imagine Saturday will be full, but we shall see. 

• Like 9

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

... What a day! After almost 6 months off I finally got to play a round of golf.  Turned out much better than I would have thought. Figured it would either be ugly or really ugly but I shot 1 over and it was only a little ugly. Lots of ups and downs as I was missing greens or leaving myself 30+ footers and very few legit chances at birdie. I rolled in a 35 footer that had a good deal of break and it just fell in the side. But I was just trying too make solid contact on the front 9 and shot 1 under. Started feeling more comfortable on the back 9 and got too cute with a couple of front pin downwind I took just enough club to land short or just on and the ball plugged short both times. Did not hit either super solid so that few yards of less carry really cost me. I should have taken more club and had 20 footers coming back. 

... It just felt awesome too get out again and I almost had the place to myself. With only 2 somes allowed and tee times 15 minutes apart, I figured it would be packed. I had a 1:45 and arrived at 1:35 and was surprised to see nobody on the first 3 holes. Starter said your partner isn't here so go ahead and tee off. Didn't catch anyone til #12 and a dad and his son waived me thru.  After since there has been NO GOLF in Illinois since last fall, a nice day in the mid 60's I was shocked to see it so empty. I have a 2:45 tomorrow and imagine Saturday will be full, but we shall see. 

That’s great! It’s got to feel awesome get back out there. Play well tomorrow

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Finally got back out today after not playing since 3/22 (yeah, woe is me, but I don't pay Hawaii taxes to be taking a whole month off from golf!) and surprised myself. I thought it was going to be a lot worse than it was, but I ended up getting lucky a few times. Greens were somehow not filled in from whenever they were punched last. We've been on shelter in place orders since late March, so I'm not sure how these clowns ended up having such horrible greens, but I got to golf today so I'm going to stop being a little whiny b*tch!

39/42 for a lucky 81

4/14 FiR (2 of which were 4i's)

10/18 GiR

35 putts on bumpy greens I'll take it.

Sprayed driver to the right literally ALL day, which is weird because my miss is usually left. Irons were mostly very thin, need to work on strike for sure.

• Like 8

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Posted (edited)

Played 9 holes last Saturday and another 9 yesterday.  Just a bit off with the game right now.  Tried to hit the range this week to get more reps and really was hitting them decently. 

Losing confidence in my tee balls and some approaches while on the course.  On the plus side, my chipping/pitching and putting were pretty good.  Counting back through, I was able to come up with a 43/42, so not great, but not as bad as I initially thought in my head.  Hope to get back out there soon and get back into the 70's.

Edited by juspoole
  • Like 6

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 58* Nippon Modus Wedge

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

Wow was it great to get out yesterday in Illinois. Played a quick 9 holes with my father in the morning and then 9 holes in the evening with my fiance. It was a beautiful morning with my dad, temperature was just right. Shot a 40 on the first 90; started out slow with bogeys on 1 and 2 and then was able to string some pars together. On the second 9 shot 41 but was able to birdie the 8th hole and had a couple other good looks. It was so nice to get out! #GolfIsBack

• Like 6

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue

3 Wood: :adams-small: Insight BUL Stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

52 Deg: :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

56 deg: :cleveland-small: Reg 588 tour action

60 Deg: :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

Putter: :bettinardi-small: Studio Stock #3 (Winn 1.32 Pro x grip)

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7 putter

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2