Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

34 minutes ago, chisag said:

.... Went to the bank on my way to the course today. Really cool inside the bank and walking out I thought I was a pizza going into a stone fireplace. Car temp said 117* and all on it's own thinking it was a Tesla, my G80 turned back toward home. Just 107* tomorrow so I have a 3pm time. It's interesting playing twilite in the heat because when the sun starts setting it feels like it really cools off but it is just a welcome illusion. Played at 109* Wednesday and when I got to the car and the sun almost gone it was only 105*.  I would have sworn it was around 95*. The direct AZ sun in summer is just so intense!  🥵

I once had a truck that had a mind of its own....except mine would pull into the chief's club at the base.  Go figure.  

Those are some tough temps to be dealing with....at least you don't have high humidity to add insult to injury!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

2 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I once had a truck that had a mind of its own....except mine would pull into the chief's club at the base.  Go figure.  🤣

Those are some tough temps to be dealing with....at least you don't have high humidity to add insult to injury!

... Amen! 110* is my limit and with 14% humidity it is hot but really ain't too bad. But 105* with 35% humidity was too hot to play. Back in Chicago 100* with 80% humidity and you can't drink enough water to keep up with the sweat loss and I could not hold my grip without a glove, which I don't wear. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

13 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Amen! 110* is my limit and with 14% humidity it is hot but really ain't too bad. But 105* with 35% humidity was too hot to play. Back in Chicago 100* with 80% humidity and you can't drink enough water to keep up with the sweat loss and I could not hold my grip without a glove, which I don't wear. 

Pretty sure I lost 15 lbs the past two rounds low 90s ridiculous humidity. That AZ heat though is a different breed

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

4 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Pretty sure I lost 15 lbs the past two rounds low 90s ridiculous humidity. That AZ hear thiufg is a different breed

... I hear ya and remember what it is like to be completely soaked after 9 holes. Last winter I played with a local born and raised in Phoenix. I asked if the low humidity in summer makes the temps less brutal. He laughed and said "Go home and set your oven to 117*. When the chime rings, stick your head inside and see how low humidity feels at 115*, AND the humidity in July/August can be between 20-39% so you are gonna be hot". But at least other than that stretch in June, this summer is much better than last summer and November through May is absolutely heavenly. 

PHOENIX JUNE 20, 2021— Phoenix set a new record on Saturday for the fifth consecutive day of 115-plus degree heat, reach dates back to 1895.

The temperature reached 115 degrees again on Sunday, pushing the record to six consecutive days.

Last summer was the hottest on record, setting marks for the most 95-degree days (172), 100-degree days (145), 105-degree days (102), 110-degree days (53) and 115-degree days (14) in a year while also recording the hottest July and August in history.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I hear ya and remember what it is like to be completely soaked after 9 holes. Last winter I played with a local born and raised in Phoenix. I asked if the low humidity in summer makes the temps less brutal. He laughed and said "Go home and set your oven to 117*. When the chime rings, stick your head inside and see how low humidity feels at 115*, AND the humidity in July/August can be between 20-39% so you are gonna be hot". But at least other than that stretch in June, this summer is much better than last summer and November through May is absolutely heavenly. 

PHOENIX JUNE 20, 2021— Phoenix set a new record on Saturday for the fifth consecutive day of 115-plus degree heat, reach dates back to 1895.

The temperature reached 115 degrees again on Sunday, pushing the record to six consecutive days.

Last summer was the hottest on record, setting marks for the most 95-degree days (172), 100-degree days (145), 105-degree days (102), 110-degree days (53) and 115-degree days (14) in a year while also recording the hottest July and August in history.

Yea I drove through there several times and when you say "cook an egg on a rock"....you could literally cook an egg on a rock out there....or grass doesnt matter. But like ya said I can only imagine during "winter" that its just amazing.

91 today with 81% humidity. Been like that for over a week.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

15 hours ago, Rickp said:

It was a difficult week with not having any feeling in 3 fingers in LH.  Being a Lefty I had little control of the club at thru the swing so a few shots were obscene.  
Monday & Tuesday Execs and used the time to work out what was going on with the hand. 
Wednesday played 18 “Big Boy” and wasn’t bad.  Driver was fantastic BUT irons couldn’t control them at all.  Did manage a couple birdies.  
Friday Bacon Boyz Exec, really struggling with everything except putter.  Did eek out a couple Pars & Bird.

Im still going to play next week until Wednesday and see what new Orthopedic Doc says about XRays on hand/arm and Ulnar nerve.

Hey Rick, what happened to your hand?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Well, he's left handed and it's his dominate hand so....🤣

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

2 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Dunno, just started slowly losing feeling in Pinky & Ring Finger and moved up to wrist.  At the same time the Orthopedic Dr called me and said she was leaving so I was without a Orthopedic Dr to check it out.  Got a new Guy and he’s going to do my knee and his partner does hand elbows (who knew).  XRays Wednesday. 
This part of FL is always short of Docs and Covid has made things crazy.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Well, he's left handed and it's his dominate hand so....🤣

I’m so Left handed my right arm/hand are there for ballast.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Went back to the course I played last week's tournament at, after not playing since, and today didn't go quite as well. Shot an 82 (41-41) after beaking 80 last week. Putting was about the only part of the game that worked. Driver was ok other than a few horrendous duck hooks, and irons were flying good distances, just not on line. Typical C game after taking a week off. I hit my irons good I just always feel that I either hit 5 or 6 greens or 14+ with nothing in between. 

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Had a good front side, but ran into the bogey train on the back.  79 for the day

IMG_0382.JPG

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Fantasy Football weekend…scramble yesterday at Lexington Oaks, lost +1 to -1 with 9nl6 tw9 birdies between us. Today,  11 birdies between us, two 3 man teams.  We had 8, they had 3!  Was striking the ball very well today. And putting lights out.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

I’m so Left handed my right arm/hand are there for ballast.

I can open a door with my left hand, but can't wipe my a$$.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I did not play all that great. Was pretty stiff (did something to my hamstring the other day and my back is super tight) was thinning all my irons and only had a couple decent strokes. Did birdie and par the last two which was positive. 

Highlight of the day though was how Matt played. Have not played in about a month or so and he came around towards the end getting off the tee. He had back to back birdie putts on 8/9. Missed both but he was pumped and par'd them.

Was able to get the 9th on video:

We also had a good putting competition with the boys after more details in the Fujikura testing thread:

1230110996_Mattandjackson.jpg.66836cf361c20a7dcb59e41384069feb.jpg

Tell Matt that he can only start walking to the hole if it's going in... all Kevin Na. 😁

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Son and I played 18 at River Heights again with a couple of friends from work.  It was another hot one.  I played pretty decent today although the driver was generally not helpful, mostly slicing hard right again. Because of that I wound up using my 3 wood a ton and that played pretty well, along with my irons.  Wedges and putter were hit or miss.

Again I had a few pretty decent holes with some birdie opportunities and a few other holes that were absolute dog crap.  On the whole, I shot 107, son a 91, and the others just under 100.  We had a ton of fun as usual.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

11 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Tell Matt that he can only start walking to the hole if it's going in... all Kevin Na. 😁

He made the mistake of jumping up and down before it got there, he’s a step in the right direction Atleast 😂

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Fantasy Football weekend…scramble yesterday at Lexington Oaks, lost +1 to -1 with 9nl6 tw9 birdies between us. Today,  11 birdies between us, two 3 man teams.  We had 8, they had 3!  Was striking the ball very well today. And putting lights out.

Are you still loving the PXG Driver?

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I can open a door with my left hand, but can't wipe my a$$.  😂

That maybe correct😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

@chisag  you are going to have to be like Moe Norman and stop aiming at the flagstick!  😃

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

37 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Haven't been playing much - yesterday was first time in a few weeks for full 18 and I played like cr*p. 51 and 52 - not sure what the heck is going on. Generally I'm on the green in 2 on #1. Yesterday I was in a green side bunker and couldn't get out - horrible 7 - what a way to start! Then there was that protentional birdie putt from 3' away on a 150 yd. par 3. Wife says I'm still too tired and not getting enough sleep. I attribute it to just going through the motions and not really concentrating on my game. 

Heading out to the ranger this morning - maybe I can fix a few issues

Weather kept you off the course or ??  If not, and the interest in playing is starting to wane, time to go do a fitting and get some new arrows... that is a proven remedy for a case of golf blah-zey 🙂.

9 hours ago, chisag said:

... Crazy round today in 109* heat. 2nd hole from 129 I hit the pin at the flag. Rattled and sent the ball 20 feet away but managed to save par. Then on #10 I hit the pin again but this time it bounced straight back and downhill 10 yds off the green. Tight lie and a front pin so I had to run it through the Bermuda and it went 10 feet past, missed the putt and carded my only bogie of the day. 2 shots as well as I can hit them resulting in a saved par and a bogie.

... Thinking back over all my rounds since moving here last December I can't remember hitting the pin once, let alone twice. Although I was fit for T200's today so maybe my Cobra King Tours felt like they had to be at their best. 🤣

Iron: T200 4 - GW

Loft: Standard Loft
Lie: 2° Upright
Dexterity: RH
SureFit Hosel Setting: 
SureFit CG Setting: 
SureFit Weight: 
Length: 0.5"
Shaft: Aerotech Steelfiber i95
Shaft Flex: Regular
Grip: Standard
Grip Size: Standard Size Put Grips In Box Do Not Put On

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.titleist.com%2Fcustloads%2F799468121%2Fmd_369939.png&t=1630208581&ymreqid=315d31c8-43e9-6632-1c6e-08001201b600&sig=DzZFVR08rFKM5dtIMxRCag--~D

You must still have a pretty fast swing speed Sam.  I tried the SF 80 and they felt like broomsticks to me.  More so than any other of the half dozen iron shafts I tested, the SF's were clear outliers for me.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)