Our Sponsors

el cómo jugaste hilo está en llamas!! 🏌️‍♂️

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

Un-bloody-conscious! I still can't believe it but I shot a 79! 57% FIR 33% GIR 30 putts.  

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Posted Images

8 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

Balboa Golf Course today. My luck with the 3W off the tee expired the other day apparently. 

96, 92 ESC (41/55) - 1 birdie, 6 pars, 5 bogeys, 2 doubles and 4 quads. I legitimately felt like I lost my swing on the back 9. 

FIR 3/14 (21%) - The front wasn't too bad, but I was all over the place on the back. 

GIR 7/18 (39%) - To make matters worse, the shanks made their way into my game on the back. Blah!

35 putts, four 1 putts and three 3 putts. SG putting, -5.740

I'm glad I was able to cross another San Diego course off the list, and while I ended the round with a par, +16 over four holes just isn't going to cut it. I was seriously disappointed as it was inexplicable. I'm shaking it off though and I'm looking forward to getting in a couple more rounds this weekend with my driver in the bag!

47156165-04B0-4F55-BB5B-C7AABD95D6CB.jpeg

Nice! I remember Balboa as I was stationed at 32nd Street. But of course the Navy had too many plans for me so didn't play golf there. 

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra F Max 5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

4 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Nice! I remember Balboa as I was stationed at 32nd Street. But of course the Navy had too many plans for me so didn't play golf there. 

32nd Street....now that brings back some memories.  Our sub pulled in there for a couple of days of R&R following a rigorous operational exam.  We did let off some steam!  😄 

• Like 3

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

The score doesn't reflect, how i felt hitting the irons, wedges and putting (backyard practicing wedges and putting pays off) which was pretty good considering not playing consistently, Driver was stuck, couldn't get around it, push a lot to the right , but silly mistakes here and there added up quickly. Specially on the par 5 butcher them
Hopefully in the next few weeks when i start to play more regularly the scores will start to come down.image.thumb.png.366971b7f9caf35a59c28fe6f5bc3967.png

• Like 7

Driver:  PING G410 LST 9.0 with Tensei CK Orange 60 Stiff default_ping-small.jpg.62d91fcab0128559ee9cd64c6d3475c7.jpg
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiffdefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybriddefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 6-PW , w/SteelFiber i125default_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - , 56, 60, Mizuno S18 Black - 50default_cleveland-small.jpg.2c2c62516a68ba0ca825f7d94c148b86.jpgdefault_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34indefault_odyssey-small.jpg.f16592ebb9519a37e13eebf6fc6df625.jpg
BallsTaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-default_taylormade-small.jpg.261501bbee0fcd6ea098dc3e15da16eb.jpgSnell.png.18a1bb82d2d821ebf109e429f025552d.png

Currently Testing:skycaddie: LX5 Watch

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I didn't putt as well on the front - total putts for the 18 = 35. However strokes lost were in the first three holes - which are the easiest  par 4s. Two doubles and a single ruined my score. By the time I got to #4 things were working a bit better and I got a par there. 

Ah, yeah double-bogey avoidance is one of the fastest ways to drop score.  Were the doubles due to poor decisions or just bad swings?

• Like 6

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

8 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

Ah, yeah double-bogey avoidance is one of the fastest ways to drop score.  Were the doubles due to poor decisions or just bad swings?

Stiff back = bad swings. Didn't take the time to do some flexibility exercises before hand = 5 strokes lost in the first 3 holes. That'll teach me. . 

• Like 9

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra F Max 5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Like dog poop. bacon Boyz were alive and well this morning, 23 guys.
I hit a couple of decent irons but driver was MIA and putter was trying but couldn’t get going. Lost one ball on a short Par 3.
6 over

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

el cómo jugaste hilo está en llamas!! 🏌️‍♂️

Llamas? What llamas? 😆

You talking about these llamas...
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/may/04/llamapalooza-uc-berkeley-llama-stressed-student-mental-health

• Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Stiff back = bad swings. Didn't take the time to do some flexibility exercises before hand = 5 strokes lost in the first 3 holes. That'll teach me. . 

I'm guilty of not stretching as well...  Often times I get to the course a few minutes before the tee time (mainly due to fatherhood responsibilities).

Stiffness = no good for golf.

• Like 4

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Drove the ball as good as I have last couple years! But my approach game was awful and my putting was one lip out after another and average first putt was from 32 feet!

image.thumb.png.38cd6ca26626c41c08d40f3b27806ca6.png

May be time to put the Black Cats back in the bag and try to shake something up 🏌️‍♂️ even though Jack Nicklaus never blamed his clubs...but I'm no Jack Nicklaus!

• Like 8

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

29 minutes ago, Kanoito said:

Today was a good day.

FB_IMG_1590225676431.jpg.e490c6c36455d265bbafebbee0ef16ac.jpg

What app is that?

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5

32 minutes ago, yungkory said:

What app is that?

GolfShot

It's the free version.

• Like 4

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

... I take Covid 19 seriously living in Illinois and close to Chicago, one of the hot spots. I stay home as much as possible and have been out a few times to Whole Foods. Been lucky enough to play golf 5 times since the ban was lifted even though we have had the wettest May in history. Played with a friend yesterday and was back at the same course today. Tough to get tee times because it is 2 some only and spaced 15 minutes apart. That is 8 golfers an hour at a course that normally has 8 minute intervals and 4 somes. 

... But the guy I was to play with showed up wearing a mask in his car alone and came up to the starter that I am friends with and I and said "you guys are too close together" when we were a good 8 feet apart. He was standing 15 feet away and said he wanted to play alone. The starter said that was not possible with only 8 golfers an hour. The guy looked at me, then the starter, shook his head and went back to his car. I would add you have to pre pay with no refunds and he just left. I think I may have dodged a bullet as it could have been a very uncomfortable day. With no putting greens/ranges open, I used the time to play a practice round, hitting multiple shots and trying different things like high/low, fades and draws, etc. It turned into a good practice day so no complaints. next 10 days look like rain so glad I got in some practice. May 29th Illinois goes to 10 minutes tee times and 4 comes allowed again so this was probably the last day of severe Covid restrictions. 

... How did I play? Extremely well and extremely poorly which is how practice rounds go. Lost some balls and made some birdies and now I am just waiting for my T100-S irons o show up!  

I think you’re correct, the guy was a bit too paranoid.
You and your Bud were OK.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I never remember to post here but since I tweaked my back yesterday, I’m sitting here watching everyone else post 😑

Played at Patty Jewitt in Co Springs yesterday.  Patty has been closed due to people not social distancing.  People not caring/following the rules resulted in the course being shut down for 2.5 weeks.  <Insert insulting descriptions of these people here>  They’ve just opened up again.

The good thing about being closed for 2 weeks?  The course was in really, really good shape.  Since I’ve started playing again, 4-5 yrs ago, I’ve never seen it in this good of shape.  Greens were as good as I’ve seen anywhere.  Patty is a public course run by the city.  It’s a heavily played course.  If you like 6hr rounds, this is the place to be.  To see it like this was a joy.

Playing was hit & miss.  Couldn’t find a driver swing, only hit 2 solid drives all day.  This killed me on a couple of holes.  Dogleg right par 5, pushed the drive into the trees.  I was able to punch it through the trees and forward but didn’t make it back to the fairway.  The rough was thick and my next shot from 153 was right but hole high.  And in the thick stuff again.  Butchered the pitch and then ...  And then ...  Ended up with an 8 on a par 5.  Ugh.

But the iron play was pretty good. The shot of the day was on a 163yd par 3, uphill with a breeze against us.  We figured it would play around 180.  Knocked it 3 foot short of the hole and I did make that putt.  Yay for me!  Only birdie of the day although there were some good looks.

Fun day, great weather.  Can’t wait to go do it again.

• Like 7