MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

36 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Can’t agree more than @chisag said. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we just enjoy reading about rounds. What you liked about the course what can be worked on. What you saw you can work on. Not always about good scoring we just like to talk golf!

Congrats on that low number he’ll of a day. Did you pull a happy Gilmore dancing around the green

image.gif.881f8664a9d504d1062983ae5fa09c63.gif

Not exactly but thanks for making me laugh. I did use my putter as my dancing partner.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: # wood, 5 & 5 hybrid irons

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge and 56/11 wedge

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

8 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

Not exactly but thanks for making me laugh. I did use my putter as my dancing partner.

Now ya have a dance queued up for the next one!

• Like 4

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal:

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g

:adams-small: 2H & 4H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.  Interesting day today.  Shot 79.  

The good news... I had 3 birdies, and I got to check off 2 more holes in the 2020 Birdie Challenge thread.  #4 is a fairly straightforward par 3 playing downhill into the wind most days.  I've birdied that hole many times over the years, but it had eluded me this year until today.  The other is the par 3 #15 which has always been a difficult hole for me; usually into the wind 150-185 yards with trouble left and right.  Today the wind was favorable.

The bad news is that I got back-to-back doubles on #9 and #10.  Woulda, shoulda, coulda been a very nice round.

• Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.  Interesting day today.  Shot 79.  

The good news... I had 3 birdies, and I got to check off 2 more holes in the 2020 Birdie Challenge thread.  #4 is a fairly straightforward par 3 playing downhill into the wind most days.  I've birdied that hole many times over the years, but it had eluded me this year until today.  The other is the par 3 #15 which has always been a difficult hole for me; usually into the wind 150-185 yards with trouble left and right.  Today the wind was favorable.

The bad news is that I got back-to-back doubles on #9 and #10.  Woulda, shoulda, coulda been a very nice round.

How many on the challenge are you at now?

good work. Bright side it wasn’t 3 doubles in a row? Amiright

• Like 3

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal:

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g

:adams-small: 2H & 4H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

52 minutes ago, JChurch said:

That's awesome to hear man! Keep up the good work. What course did you play?

Our home course, The Club at Colony Creek in Victoria, Texas

• Like 2

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: # wood, 5 & 5 hybrid irons

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge and 56/11 wedge

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

9 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

How many on the challenge are you at now?

good work. Bright side it wasn’t 3 doubles in a row? Amiright

So far 12/18.  The six left are 7,8,9,10,12, and 17.  

I have 3 par 3's left.  #8 is a very tough birdie, playing anywhere from 170-218 usually into the wind.  #12 I aced two years ago.   #17 is supposedly the easiest hole on the course.

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6/14 fir

11/18 gir

29 putts

First round with new irons so really had no idea what to expect. Was a little loose with the swing but it was a day of bad bounces. 3 green side bunker shots where I am standing outside the bunker at least a foot above the ball. Couple that with bad putting and makes it tough to shoot a good score. 

• Like 8

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:taylormade-small:             M5 15* (Ventus Black 7x) 43"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-AW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

2 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

I don't normally post on How'd You Play because somehow I haven't felt quite good enough that anyone would want to know. But today is different. Today I was the happiest person on the golf course and even danced around one of the greens when I made a 2nd birdie.

But best of all, I finally broke 90 with an 84. Woohoo! It's like my 3 wood made up it's mind to take control of my game this afternoon but allowed me to go along to view the scenery. It was quite a surreal feeling. I thought I had lost it all on #17 when my drive bounced OB on the right and my next shot soared all the way across the fairway into a lake. Completed that hole with my only 7 of the day.

Congratulations on breaking 90! That's a major accomplishment and thank you for sharing it with us. 

• Like 6

No good. Started a bit scratchy but was putting well. Then I decided to put the ball as far as possible from the hole a few times, resulting in 3 putts. 

Probably the least engaged I've been for a long time, mostly due to one of the guys I was playing with.  He was playing like crap, and behaving even worse. Several lost balls were followed by several club throws. On our 12th hole he hit his 2nd shot OOB, and threw another club. This provided my round highlight. The club went OOB, into a tree, from which he couldn't recover it. Thankfully he stopped playing after that. I can't believe how angry he was, and the difference between his ability and expectation was as far apart as anyone I've ever played with.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:mizuno-small: MP18 MMC FliHi 4 Iron - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Tough day - Tied my worst score in the past 8 years so that's fun.   Putting Yips and inability to get the ball in decent spots off the tee were the main culprits.  I also tried several stupid shots that I didn't execute and just didn't think my way through the round.  Just playing a bit more strategic, could have been 4 strokes off the scorecard.  But it is what it is.  Had a great time with some buddies and will play better next time.  On the plus side, I feel decently dialed in from 120 yards and in.  It was not the course to have trouble off tee, it's a bit tighter and it had not dried up so it was playing longer than the 6925 yards for a par 71.  Although, maybe that kept a few more drives in bounds for me lol

I should have went to the claw grip a bit earlier in the round on my putting, but even that was not feeling great.  My chosen line was usually pretty good, but my bottom hand would wig out and cause a pushed putt without the desired weight and come up 5 or 6 feet short left of hole.

Score - 86

Fairways - 3

Greens - 7

Putts - 38

image.thumb.png.afb9d139b1c24535065107671217c8b7.png

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 58* Nippon Modus Wedge

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

1 hour ago, Peaksy68 said:

The club went OOB, into a tree, from which he couldn't recover it.

A bit different but reminds me of this - 

Virginia:
What's this about you breaking a rake and throwing it in the woods?

Happy Gilmore:
I didn't *break* it, I was merely testing its durability, and I *placed* it in the woods cause it's made of wood and I thought he should be with his family.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 58* Nippon Modus Wedge

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

I don't normally post on How'd You Play because somehow I haven't felt quite good enough that anyone would want to know. But today is different. Today I was the happiest person on the golf course and even danced around one of the greens when I made a 2nd birdie.
But best of all, I finally broke 90 with an 84. Woohoo! It's like my 3 wood made up it's mind to take control of my game this afternoon but allowed me to go along to view the scenery. It was quite a surreal feeling. I thought I had lost it all on #17 when my drive bounced OB on the right and my next shot soared all the way across the fairway into a lake. Completed that hole with my only 7 of the day.

Congratulations, and don’t feel that you aren’t good enough to post here we all struggle w this game

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

11 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

Congratulations!

• Like 3

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

image.png

Poor typing in my above post. It was our 12th hole that the club went up the tree. Probably would have been better for me if it was the 2nd😉

• Like 2

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:mizuno-small: MP18 MMC FliHi 4 Iron - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

10 hours ago, Zen Snake said:

Great day out. Had a lil too much to drink around the turn but I was still putting it down on the course....IMG_20200521_211324_086.jpeg20200521_183246.jpeg20200521_183326.jpegIMG_20200521_210907_795.jpeg

Sent from my LG-H931 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

A 10 hdcp shooting 75, maybe you should drink more often...Nice Round.

• Like 3

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:taylormade-small:             M5 15* (Ventus Black 7x) 43"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-AW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Well I'm guessing at my handicap right now. I need to actually start tracking it. I'm hoping the arccos system tracks a handicap.

A 10 hdcp shooting 75, maybe you should drink more often...Nice Round.

Sent from my LG-H931 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Hybrid 19* W/ Graphite Design Tour AD-105 S-shaft

:srixon-small: Z585 4-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:Smart sole 4. GW/50*

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & 60*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:srixon-small:Soft Feel Brite Green

Righty and the Bag is an old beat-up :titelist-small: