MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

23 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I played my first round with a member of the forum today and it was a blast! Back around the beginning of April, David a.k.a. @KillerGees contacted me noting we live in the same area and asked if we could meet up sometime and play. He brought Jesse, a friend from work to my local course. They're great guys and we had a good time. We're going to get together again around July once his course finishes the repairs on their greens.

I shot 48/47 for a 95 hitting 6 fairways and zero greens. My short game was on fire with Arccos recording 4 chip and downs and 32 putts. I had to do something to make up for my abysmal approach game 😂

We walked the course, the first time I've ever walked 18 holes and I'm just glad the course had a push cart I could use, even if one of the back tires was about to come off and wobbled the whole time. I'm going to be sore in the morning, but I actually enjoyed walking as I feel it slowed me down and helped with the focus. Except when I was gasping for breath. 

This is what the forum is all about, it's not only getting to talk to great folks online but getting to meet and golf with another member is awesome. 

That’s awesome  can’t wait to get out with some members soon.

best part of walking in my eyes. See parts of the course you wouldn’t normally see and helps you like you said “slow down” helps you think about the next shot as well I find 

• Like 7

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

30 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I played my first round with a member of the forum today and it was a blast! Back around the beginning of April, David a.k.a. @KillerGees contacted me noting we live in the same area and asked if we could meet up sometime and play. He brought Jesse, a friend from work to my local course. They're great guys and we had a good time. We're going to get together again around July once his course finishes the repairs on their greens.

I shot 48/47 for a 95 hitting 6 fairways and zero greens. My short game was on fire with Arccos recording 4 chip and downs and 32 putts. I had to do something to make up for my abysmal approach game 😂

We walked the course, the first time I've ever walked 18 holes and I'm just glad the course had a push cart I could use, even if one of the back tires was about to come off and wobbled the whole time. I'm going to be sore in the morning, but I actually enjoyed walking as I feel it slowed me down and helped with the focus. Except when I was gasping for breath. 

This is what the forum is all about, it's not only getting to talk to great folks online but getting to meet and golf with another member is awesome. 

Awesome! Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

• Like 3

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 11.3 (Last Updated Sept. 20, 2020)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
19° Driving Iron: :tour-edge: Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro Tungsten, UST Recoil 670 F4, Tour Edge/Lamkin R.E.L.
5-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

- 43/42 = 85 (+13)
- 10/15 FIR
- 7/18 GIR (1 birdie)
- 36 Putts (4 3-putts , 10 2-putts, 4 1-putts)
- 2:45 Round Time 
FINALLY! I sorted out the gremlin in my swing and was able to get the ball off the tee box today, and I struck a handful of really great irons, also. All I was thinking about today was making sure I was bent over less and had good weight distribution in my setup. Helped immensely. Only threw away two shots - a topped six iron on No. 3 and a finesse shank from about 110 on No. 10. 
Had a birdie on the front and reeled off four-straight pars on the back nine before I started getting a little wild off the tee and that hurt me on 15, 16 and 17. Sadly, two of the 3-putts were after hitting the GIR. Need to clean that up! Would have been a pretty great scoring round for me had I not had those bad putting holes.
Still not hitting the ball spectacularly, but this gives me a lot of confidence moving forward.
I ordered a flexible phone mount to attach to my cart, and I videoed hole No. 1, which I parred. I have a ton of respect for people who do full course vlogs, it takes a lot of time to even do one hole. I don't think I would want to do a whole round, but I may do a hole here or there as the season goes just for fun. 

Nice video!

Also. I feel like I’ve developed a real touch for the finesse shank with a wedge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

I still shot over 100 today, but some saw glimpses of good golf. Had a few pars, which is good for me. What I need to stop is the two way OB miss and the fat shots, both of those cause blow up holes.

My of the tee miss is a result of swinging too much inside with an open face. I either try to save it at the end and snap hook (this happens more often than not) or I hold it off and results in a push fade OB. Experimented with a power fade after my round, on the range today. I actually setup with the driver face closed and on the downswing, the intent for me is to close the face as much as possible and swing left as much as possible. Results in a nice power fade, with the miss being straight. Seems like this shot will be more predictable, need to try it on the course next week.

• Like 9

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Fujikura and Nippon fan. Connoisseur of grips.

Updated 7/14/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1 - Stability Shaft

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

5 hours ago, edingc said:

- 43/42 = 85 (+13)
- 10/15 FIR
- 7/18 GIR (1 birdie)
- 36 Putts (4 3-putts 😢, 10 2-putts, 4 1-putts)
- 2:45 Round Time 

FINALLY! I sorted out the gremlin in my swing and was able to get the ball off the tee box today, and I struck a handful of really great irons, also. All I was thinking about today was making sure I was bent over less and had good weight distribution in my setup. Helped immensely. Only threw away two shots - a topped six iron on No. 3 and a finesse shank from about 110 on No. 10. 

Had a birdie on the front and reeled off four-straight pars on the back nine before I started getting a little wild off the tee and that hurt me on 15, 16 and 17. Sadly, two of the 3-putts were after hitting the GIR. Need to clean that up! Would have been a pretty great scoring round for me had I not had those bad putting holes.

Still not hitting the ball spectacularly, but this gives me a lot of confidence moving forward.

I ordered a flexible phone mount to attach to my cart, and I videoed hole No. 1, which I parred. I have a ton of respect for people who do full course vlogs, it takes a lot of time to even do one hole. I don't think I would want to do a whole round, but I may do a hole here or there as the season goes just for fun. 

"Finesse shank" I'm stealing this

• Like 8

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

20 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

I was the happiest person on the golf course..

..But best of all, I finally broke 90 with an 84

Play Happy! (Nancy Lopez's golf motto)

Good shooting and CONGRATS!! on that huge breakthrough 👍

• Like 4

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR) and/or Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Also. I feel like I’ve developed a real touch for the finesse shank with a wedge. emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Hah!! I pull off a nice one of those, too, every now and then (although I'm not always laughing at myself at the time, I do realize it's just a part of the game for some of us non-pros)...

• Like 6

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR) and/or Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Hah!! I pull off a nice one of those, too, every now and then (although I'm not always laughing at myself at the time, I do realize it's just a part of the game for some of us non-pros)...

I think I may bust this out next time I’m on a 140-160 yard par 3...

*walks to tee with lob wedge*
Playing partner: you sure you got enough club?
Me: Yeah brah! I’m going for a nice finesse shank here.
*hits it pure 73 yards*
*finesse shanks next shot over the green*

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

#cuetheduckboats

Alright, got to go back out for the 2nd weekend in a row and for anybody who saw my last post I kept the beer to a minimum and the shoes on this time; to much better result. Stayed a bit closer to home and played at Las Positas Golf Course in Livermore, CA. Considering all the time they had without golfers, I was a bit disappointed with the conditions of the course. The greens were a little bumpy, the tee boxes were lopsided and tore up, and the sand traps were half weeds. But considering all that it took a mental breakdown on the last hole to keep myself from shooting under part. I stepped up to the 18th tee @ -1 and took a look at my GPS unit. It is a dogleg left par 5 and it looks like the green would be blocked out on the 2nd shot anyways, so I pulled a 3 wood to lay up off the tee...But my playing partners, whom I got randomly paired with and by now were just about fall down drunk somehow convinced me to pull the driver and try cutting the corner a bit and they assured me I would have an open look to the green. I'm sure you all see what is coming next right?!? Pull Hook OB. Re-tee with my 3 wood and par that ball leading to a Double Bogie on 18 for a 73 on the day. All in all a great day, just a lame way to finish. 

But this did give me 27/36 holes that I have played pretty decent (the other 9 being the drunk barefoot section that was not really golf on my part) so I went ahead and booked another round for tomorrow morning (with the wife's permission) to go and play a slightly longer course to see if the course was just playing easy or if I actually unlearned all my bad habits while stuck at home. Tomorrow's round will be at Coyote Creek Valley Course in San Jose. 

IMG_4258.PNG

IMG_4259.PNG

• Like 9

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 9.5* head set to 8* loft 3*open, weights set slightly lower Launch and fade bias
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: B X, and currently testing the Vice Pro + Neon just for fun

Played 2 weeks ago for the first time in 2020. Shot a flat 90. Which is great... but not so much when the course was a 65. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Learned a hard lesson today. When my husband points and tells me "that's your ball" down in that fluffy grass,  I better check instead of blindly trusting. So I hit the wrong ball resulting in a penalty that kept me from breaking 90 a second time.
Same type situation happened to me when I first started playing and I have always checked until it was my husband. Note to self - ONLY trust myself to identify my ball.

Been there done that!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Well they can't all be decent rounds!
Snuck out last night for a quick 9 and then again this afternoon for 18 and proceeded to forget how to swing.
47 last night followed by 51/45 today. I had a 2-way miss going with every club including my putter. 1 had 43 putts today and that includes a bladed wedge that managed to hit the stick and go in! From the first swing last night everything felt wrong, Stance, Backswing, Downswing, and follow through were all out of whack.
The best part of the day may have been the migraine that started on the 2nd hole! emoji856.pngemoji3517.pngemoji107.png

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Ooo man that sounds like a rough day. 43 with a 0 brutal. Can only improve on the next one though!

• Like 6

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Ooo man that sounds like a rough day. 43 with a 0 brutal. Can only improve on the next one though!
Yeah I knew I was in trouble when I started the day Quad, Double, Triple with 3,2,3 for putts.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Learned a hard lesson today. When my husband points and tells me "that's your ball" down in that fluffy grass,  I better check instead of blindly trusting. So I hit the wrong ball resulting in a penalty that kept me from breaking 90 a second time.
Same type situation happened to me when I first started playing and I have always checked until it was my husband. Note to self - ONLY trust myself to identify my ball.

So frustrating! My father actually ended up losing a playoff match for our team by playing the wrong ball. It was almost dark and he assumed it was his since all the other players were by other balls.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

#cuetheduckboats