MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

So frustrating! My father actually ended up losing a playoff match for our team by playing the wrong ball. It was almost dark and he assumed it was his since all the other players were by other balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch that hurt. That's a 2 stroke penalty isn't it?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Ouch that hurt. That's a 2 stroke penalty isn't it?

We’re match play so he had to forfeit the playoff hole. 😭

• Sad 3

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4:  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120X

:cobra-small: KING MIM 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - Nippon Modus Wedge 125

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

I found out today that yes, the penalty is two strokes.

• Like 5

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: # wood, 5 & 5 hybrid irons

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge and 56/11 wedge

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

14 hours ago, Rickp said:

Congratulations, and don’t feel that you aren’t good enough to post here we all struggle w this gameemoji16.png

Case in point... I had one birdie and shot 88 today.  Fortunately, my wife had a not-so-good round and shot 91 otherwise she would have beat me.  That hasn't happened since before I had my knee replaced 6 years ago.  She would have if she hadn't taken a quad on #18.  She needs bunker work.

• Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played a local course today, par 70, very short track. Shot a 72, but it was one of those days that you just know you could’ve done better. Stretch of 5-6 holes that wedges were just lasers for the pin, nothing more than 15 feet away. Kinda got away from me at the end with some sloppy swings. 

• Like 6

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 106mph

Driver: Ping i25, S-flex PWR 65 shaft
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3i: FOURTEEN FH-1000, DG X100
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

5 hours ago, The 19th Hole said:

Alright, got to go back out for the 2nd weekend in a row and for anybody who saw my last post I kept the beer to a minimum and the shoes on this time; to much better result. Stayed a bit closer to home and played at Las Positas Golf Course in Livermore, CA. Considering all the time they had without golfers, I was a bit disappointed with the conditions of the course. The greens were a little bumpy, the tee boxes were lopsided and tore up, and the sand traps were half weeds. But considering all that it took a mental breakdown on the last hole to keep myself from shooting under part. I stepped up to the 18th tee @ -1 and took a look at my GPS unit. It is a dogleg left par 5 and it looks like the green would be blocked out on the 2nd shot anyways, so I pulled a 3 wood to lay up off the tee...But my playing partners, whom I got randomly paired with and by now were just about fall down drunk somehow convinced me to pull the driver and try cutting the corner a bit and they assured me I would have an open look to the green. I'm sure you all see what is coming next right?!? Pull Hook OB. Re-tee with my 3 wood and par that ball leading to a Double Bogie on 18 for a 73 on the day. All in all a great day, just a lame way to finish. 

But this did give me 27/36 holes that I have played pretty decent (the other 9 being the drunk barefoot section that was not really golf on my part) so I went ahead and booked another round for tomorrow morning (with the wife's permission) to go and play a slightly longer course to see if the course was just playing easy or if I actually unlearned all my bad habits while stuck at home. Tomorrow's round will be at Coyote Creek Valley Course in San Jose. 

IMG_4258.PNG

IMG_4259.PNG

Nice!!  Las Positas was the very first course where I played golf while on a business trip to Livermore in 1991.  While there for 2 weeks, seven guys I worked with were playing on Sunday and needed one more to fill out two foursomes. Crappy rental clubs...  I don't even know what my score was, but I know I never made a par and don't know if I made a bogey.  Went home and decided to start hitting balls on the range.  Didn't play again until the next year... but I was hooked.

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1st round since the 6th as I let my twilight membership expire as the course is just too busy for my liking. Spending my days at the range teying to fix my pull.

Shot +3 with no birdies, 1 bogey, and a double. The double was the result of a pulled 8i that left me with an impossible pitch to the green. 

Left a 3 foot birdie putt and a couple 10 footers out there. Guess I shoudve been practicing some putting. 

• Like 7

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

9 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Horrible golf weekend, just could not chip. Wasn’t striking the ball well. My right knee was giving me issues, wore a brace to get by. Friday shot44/49:93, Saturday Shot 43/48:91 and Sunday 39/50:89. The back nine simply killed me this weekend. On Sunday, after a 39 on the front I had 5 straight doubles on the back! A new record for sure. Combination of my knee and heat? Gotta work on it. Traveling on Tuesday to Tarpon Springs to play Wentworth. Have 9 of us so we will probably play the game 1, 2, 3. Where you play threesome and take one score on the first hole, 2 on the second and all 3 on the third, then repeat. Puts pressure on the 3rd hole.

Anything specific in the back that was screwing you up or just knee and heat?

That sounds like a good game. We have I think 11 going up to NH in a few weeks and need some good games to play (not everyone can do 36 full holes a day)

• Like 2

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal:

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g

:adams-small: 2H & 4H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

- 38/45 = 83 (+11)
- 7/15 FIR
- 5/18 GIR (1 birdie)
- 31 Putts (2 3-putts , 9 2-putts, 7 1-putts)
- 2:45 Round Time 
This goes down as one of my better round ever, and probably my best ball striking round of my life. I struck the ball extremely well on the front with most every club and really only had one or two awful shots. Went to the course with a few new swing thoughts and they really helped.
Back nine didn't go as well, still struck the ball well, but got a little hooky and had two shots sail OB left that hurt my score. I started to get tired near the end again, and ended up shanking an approach on No. 16 and topping a drive on No. 18. Remove those two penalties and wasted shots and I had a legitimate chance to break 80.
Driver still isn't good at all, but the irons are coming along nicely now. My balance is all out of whack with the driver, and I need to figure out how to not end up with my weight falling forward in my downswing. It's causing all my drives to be off the heel, the good ones being OK cuts or baby fades and the awful ones being low-left spinners. 

7 one putts! Nice! Was that due to chipping it close? Or did you drain a few long ones?

I also tend to favor the heel on drives but have learned to set up favoring the toe at address and firing away. I even spent a few rounds living in the “high-toe” zone last year.

• Like 4

:cobra-small: KING MIM 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - Nippon Modus Wedge 125

14 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

7 one putts! Nice! Was that due to chipping it close? Or did you drain a few long ones?

I also tend to favor the heel on drives but have learned to set up favoring the toe at address and firing away. I even spent a few rounds living in the “high-toe” zone last year.

Largely due to chipping it close. I've gone to using the Maltby PTM GW around the green if I don't need to clear anything and have some green to work with and I've been getting pretty good with it. I am starting to hit more greens than I used to, but I'm still working on getting reasonable length birdie putts. 

I'm really bummed because the ball I lost on No. 12 (150-ish par 3) I struck really well but I lost it in the sun. Didn't see it drop or hear it drop. Had I been playing with someone I'm sure we would have found it, but I had to assume it went OB left because I looked for about three minutes and didn't find anything around the green. Ended up taking a drop - kind of set the back nine off in a bad mood.

I've been setting up off the toe as well, was actually considering going the opposite route and trying some closer to the heel to promote me staying in my posture and not lunging as much. On 18, after the top (which was off low heel), I was basically on my tip-toes. Not going to hit many good shots with weight distribution like that.

Also, planning on bringing a water bottle and maybe some snacks for my next round. By 14-15 walking starts to take a toll on me.

• Like 5

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 10.0 (Last Updated July 7, 2020)

2020 MGS #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE PARTICIPANT - Check out the pre-chatter thread!

#CC4 WITB (Cobra Black/Yellow Ultralight Cart Bag)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to 7.5°), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°, set to 13.5°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
4-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff (soft-stepped), Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow (Also: :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow)
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos

Largely due to chipping it close. I've gone to using the Maltby PTM GW around the green if I don't need to clear anything and have some green to work with and I've been getting pretty good with it. I am starting to hit more greens than I used to, but I'm still working on getting reasonable length birdie putts. 
I'm really bummed because the ball I lost on No. 12 (150-ish par 3) I struck really well but I lost it in the sun. Didn't see it drop or hear it drop. Had I been playing with someone I'm sure we would have found it, but I had to assume it went OB left because I looked for about three minutes and didn't find anything around the green. Ended up taking a drop - kind of set the back nine off in a bad mood.
I've been setting up off the toe as well, was actually considering going the opposite route and trying some closer to the heel to promote me staying in my posture and not lunging as much. On 18, after the top (which was off low heel), I was basically on my tip-toes. Not going to hit many good shots with weight distribution like that.
Also, planning on bringing a water bottle and maybe some snacks for my next round. By 14-15 walking starts to take a toll on me.

The other thing I tried which seemed to help it to focus on the inside corner of the ball and try to hit there. It also helps my *power fade* on occasion.

That’s good stuff with the GW! I’ve been working on doing some more
Bump and run style shots versus just grabbing my lob wedge when I’m greenside. I’ve had a few real good results and few ones where it’s obviously a work in progress.

• Like 3

84. Took a step backwards today. Ugh. Back to our public course here and my game was as ugly as the conditions. Trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Anything specific in the back that was screwing you up or just knee and heat?
That sounds like a good game. We have I think 11 going up to NH in a few weeks and need some good games to play (not everyone can do 36 full holes a day)

Not that I can think of. The week before I had an 81 & 82. Just could not strike the ball.

Cobra King F8(10.5*) w/ Mitdubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 Gw(50*)SW(54*)LW(58*)all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).