MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

1 minute ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Played RTJ Grand National Lakes Course today. 

82 (44/38)

2 birdies/9 pars

9/14 FH and 9/18 GIR with 33 putts.

Hole of the round: 500 yard par 5: solid drive slight downhill leaving me with 205 to the hole. I flushed my 5 iron to about 15 feet right on the fringe. Eagle putt hit the pin and rattled out leaving a tap in birdie. 

Chipping around the green was off today as I had 3 holes with 2 chips on it. Overall, happy with results, trying to stay consistently low/breaking 80 is the challenge.

BCB73CED-A3C3-4389-82C2-44AE31C7F3F5.jpeg

That looks beautiful. Also a nice drop on the back 9 there

• Like 4

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125 VS :titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

4 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

That looks beautiful. Also a nice drop on the back 9 there

Appreciate it, birdies rolled in on the back. Played smarter.

• Like 3

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

79 today, 3rd round straight in 70s, odd that it is happening so early in the season. Had a few bad holes today and it got much more hot and humid that it was supposed to. With that and a weekend of yard work, I am gassed.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 9

I got out to Bonita Golf Course (par 71) for a Memorial Day round and we ended up chasing daylight. Overall though it was a solid round!

80 (41/39) - 10 pars, 7 bogeys and 1 double. 

FIR 6/14 (43%) - Decent day off the tee and the course wasn't super punishing so I got away with a few wayward tee shots. 

GIR 6/18 (33%) - Not a stellar day with irons and wedges to be honest, but my scrambling was solid so I made it work. 

30 putts, SG putting -1.100 with six 1 putts and no three putts. 

Nothing wrong with a confidence course rounds!

• Like 8

TaylorMade SIM 9º | Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 6.5
Ping G410 3W 14.5º | VA Composites Drago 75 X
Ping G410 3H 18º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Srixon Z585/Z785 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland RTX 4 50 Mid, 54 Mid
 | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Cleveland RTX ZipCore 
60 Full | Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue
Evnroll ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
Bridgestone Tour B XS

I was on fire, played 36 today and barely broke a sweat.

wait, do Optishot rounds count in this topic?

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Currently testing for review:

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 StifF

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Risked flying last week to get up to Akron, Ohio from Atlanta to be able to meet up with my buddies for our annual golf trip and play Firestone for 4 days straight. When I say straight, I mean non-stop, 36+ holes a day out at Firestone. Played the south (former host of the WGC-Bridgestone) 3 times while we were there. Last day we got our purest weather of the day, and I was able to string together a few good holes to shoot an 82. Check out some photos of "The Monster" 16th and the 18th hole finishing shot in. There might not be better golf than Ohio golf in Mid May.

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

:taylormade-small: M6, 9.0, Tensei CK Orange 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, Rocket 13.0, Atmos Red 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour, 4-PW, True Temper Dynamic gold S300

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 4, 52.0, 56.0, 60.0 - S grind

:taylormade-small: Spider Mini

:bridgestone-small: Tour-RX

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

On 5/24/2020 at 1:17 PM, sirchunksalot said:

I played my first round with a member of the forum today and it was a blast! Back around the beginning of April, David a.k.a. @KillerGees contacted me noting we live in the same area and asked if we could meet up sometime and play. He brought Jesse, a friend from work to my local course. They're great guys and we had a good time. We're going to get together again around July once his course finishes the repairs on their greens.

I shot 48/47 for a 95 hitting 6 fairways and zero greens. My short game was on fire with Arccos recording 4 chip and downs and 32 putts. I had to do something to make up for my abysmal approach game 😂

We walked the course, the first time I've ever walked 18 holes and I'm just glad the course had a push cart I could use, even if one of the back tires was about to come off and wobbled the whole time. I'm going to be sore in the morning, but I actually enjoyed walking as I feel it slowed me down and helped with the focus. Except when I was gasping for breath. 

This is what the forum is all about, it's not only getting to talk to great folks online but getting to meet and golf with another member is awesome. 

We had a fantastic time with "The Chunkster." I still stand by what I said about getting you a better "Zen Golf" nickname - something like Sir BirdieMaster or Sir OnePutter - you get the picture. I was impressed with your skills around the greens and with pushcart tire repair! We'll do it again in July at my place when the new greens are ready for play. You were an excellent host and it's always nice to make new friends who love and appreciate the game. See you soon!

• Like 8

Shot 80 (40/40) at Falcon Golf Club in Litchfield Park, AZ on Sunday. 

Shot 80 (40/40) at Coldwater Golf Club in Avondale, AZ on Monday.

Wow. Consistent at least. Actually played really well by my standard but struggled with the driver. Usually this is the strength of my game, but I was scrambling and recovering way too much over the weekend. Luckily was having a good go with irons and wedges, and the putter didnt let me down too often. Had 2 drives at Falcon where I was literally hugging a tree and could only punch out directly sideways. 2 wasted shots. Could have easily shot 75 if I brought my normal game off the teebox. But 80 is nice, no complaints. 

• Like 5

• Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 9*, Tensei Orange 60X
  • Hybrids::adams-small:  Super XTD 17* Hybrid Fubuki AX:callaway-small:,  Apex 20* Hybrid, AD-DI 85S
  • Irons: :srixon-small: U85 4I AD DI 95S, Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :ping-small:: Glide 3.0 52, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"
  • RH in Phoenix, AZ

On 5/24/2020 at 6:21 PM, artful_golfer said:

Note to self - ONLY trust myself to identify my ball.

"Trust ... but verify." (not my quote just one I like and seems apropos here)

• Like 5

WITB of an "aspiring" 😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*; Tensei CK Blue)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR)
..Tour Edge HL4 #4 iron-wood (UST Mamiya)
..Callaway Big Bertha CF19 6i (Recoil ZTR) / Apex CF16 7i-PW (Recoil ES 760)
..Hogan Equalizer 50/54/58 black (Recoil ES 760 black SmacWrap)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator...
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/39526-2020-official-member-review-exputt-putting-simulator/page/1/#comments

I drove into Tulsa on Friday night and played 36 holes on Saturday. The first round was at 6:15 a.m. At Page Belcher Olde Page.  I walked 18 in around 2.5 hours, and took my time, left my phone in the bag, and rather enjoyed the walk, but there were very few memorable quality shots, and I did it without coffee. First round score (+5) 76 (didn't track any stats)

I went back to the in-laws in time for a large breakfast of biscuits and gravy, sausage and eggs, and had 2 cups of coffee, then took a nap on the recliner.   

After an early dinner, I saw that South Lakes Course in Jenks, OK (6400 yds, par 71, 119 slope) had a $7 Sunset fee starting at 6:30 pm.  I convinced my wife to let me play since it was supposed to rain the rest of the weekend.  The course was fairly packed, but with a few good gaps. I went out in a t-shirt and tennis shoes, and didn't realize til I was on the first tee that I left my glove in the car, so had to play without a glove. Was also wearing a colorful beaded bracelet my daughter gave me earlier that day, which she now claims is lucky.  

The course is rather short, but tight in spots and doesn't really require a driver, but I decided to hit it all day, and it left me with ton of great scoring opportunities. After my first round of the day, my expectations were low, but I made a few good swings and got to -2 thru 4.  Had a great Sandie for par on 6 and a bogey on 8, and ended the front at -1.

Then I got to the back 9 and had the best 9 of my life.  Birdied 10 and 11.  Missed 15 footers on 12-13, but hit the pin on my approach on 14 and 15 leaving tap in birdies. Got to 16 and I was backed up behind 2 foursomes, so just hoping I could finish because it was getting really dark.  Made solid pars on 16 and 17, then got to the home hole and hit a bomb drive 320 that cleared the fairway bunker, leaving me an 8 iron into the par 5 from 168. 

I hit the ball and could see it on the horizon that it was a perfect line to the hole, but just couldn't tell how close til I got up there.  Once I arrived at the green, I saw that I was 4 ft away from a closing Eagle and a -7 64 in the dark!  I lined it up, and hit a decent putt, but it broke way more than I could see and it missed the hole.  Oh well, never complain about a tap in birdie. (-5) 31 on the back and (-6) 65 total, tying my career best and also my first round in the 60's in a couple years.

• Fairway: 11-14
  • GIR: 15-18
  • Putts: 28
  • Round Time: 2 hrs 15 min
  • 34/31  65  (-6)

view from 18 tee

RTc-pBvQjEUrAiHysyIEhB2YysD9jH_xePOq22RpsUf3XQP64rIn_mNwJjRd9G86H05DQTtkCCiKRcx8ZzS5Zv52O1uZtTc4758JozTfyMcaXItvrnOublfiu2p20bBo3Aj_i9_aAlsO_NF9crX4AW4PnGqXhNCf_DzfN-FpfIqsV3RfKjjGcoyAhi3D8Mt1SZPARRYfefrmeefGByEGCW_f78QeSD0CCAPAh7fbYEazxZ24tkuz11vARncS-kCYSEMLDWir-1uN4M0PqRWumqlqCHJ69Pqd1T69KXelqds7th6bRylwXfkDdNc3k3ISJvc9iVr1yruKeYkqdml_3dpvGp5h6H5CdGVeklwKcJEFEvr68cruybHePCv67fv-feODJSWXhUfh75ewKvP04jVcTyftPJL0amzxRLvTfD_MB_x_heobpBXgiz0IpE0lQh_tVPXiKdiuWyKFXF3MHrqpRQxvTMCgsVps7of1DlMKZOpOmce9FGgEqC-0GAxf0pZVn7W73R8DdLi8KEqQ4pBFRP5EnTqZabco2q3UGhMWdJVaX8DPWGDMSNEaAt5hcWlcoTMicARCq1Kg24cpvcbN_s00vals1OXD7H-xs1Ak9EW82j8Jt8VEcPhkmYeoVhVITAbs-WrSFv1plEsHqVPT6ffV0qMGeNEd0OTUgZDn-n3i2qFo_0a_6jeJcA=w728-h969-no?authuser=0

18 green Eagle putt that I missed

kptUKy-w4tah-vebUZ-qVAaz-sL0ppyQRZ-vpwo2APuVnAk1fMbJDVHEfcFjb7myr_Xl7ejEi7P9N9SVaonU-1bCIjDdtEM2PQa_qORYCBTMpEvLDMr21OhJs8UbTWc_1wJLNLSKVMtMyxp-U8B96uMKkKAZq8I4nbEHVEQQ0r0qNL3qGvr7OZhaG1tmUJW2AvEVE_KAm7nUw1RTl7pL8hYzcXA9Mlfzy5g9-Y8k1ZgTqalF3gz2gqRcaMpV3YxKo3eXpb2laWeiS93oLVltquEfjFTsSOUdFLBFPAmnEy-aaoKtJtYfAcVFRmEgBwhjdJTs9JTBJKlv-Kgg6OiG3pjqvNdn2zJ7d6obYO8n0pDUTYQBz1m1xj74Uf215pGiCqiUFXiF6vvkf1ne1d0kuzxW0VTacz9xu1n8u3E2vQ7ctdiBaeYpCIf2iW0ZRGVNa2xgyBsPEp03wGPfn-R2bKl5iqaNEoyNoR2zUkIouXVEPJxpYRkcR9rfy03T1OOYR4hE4C0BTVF5oye-Xo1sFtBjcGCw4SSDSYOgham0_m1WRKUgQNdTdZlD2VeoHizgM3RM-1Xxc7PzL-_ZSxDZi9iIVhwJKngO4O510PK1h7jpAEy1NAKu8zFW7lxzTvm2wu4kFVsZX_sFC8NfVGg-kglZW_DWBjw5Y8cE2BtfskZv2DXT0UK9wQ2L-UiqIg=w1293-h969-no?authuser=0

• Like 7

:honma: Driver: TESTING HONMA TR20 440 8.5° W/ VIZARD FP-7X SHAFT

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

2 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I know it's all relative, but I would love for a "dumpster fire" day to end up like that for me.

Literally having this same conversation with @PMookie regarding this. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:taylormade-small:             M5 15* (Ventus Black 7x) 43"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-AW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

2 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I know it's all relative, but I would love for a "dumpster fire" day to end up like that for me.

..was just gonna say that very same thing!

• Like 6

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/39526-2020-official-member-review-exputt-putting-simulator/page/1/#comments

Played a short 9-holer for the third time in three weeks, but .. unfortunately .. scoring and overall play is going the wrong way ... from +4 to +8 to +10 yesterday (Par 35; ~2400 yds). Was great weather, had great company (wife and her oldest son) and the old aches and pains were at a minimum so literally had no excuses!!

After the first hole (only par of the day) just could not put two good golf shots in a row together; had problems with distance control on short approaches and pitches, leaving too many shots short .. but then a few too long. A few mis-hit approaches didn't help, either. And after the first three holes where the tee shots went a little right but were playable, only had one solid tee shot the rest of the round - and then went and topped the following three in a row .. sheesh... The bright spot (and kinda reaching for the silver lining here) was three 1-putts plus a makeable chance at three others (after finally getting the ball onto the green and close enough). 

So...
1 par
6 bogeys
2 doubles
- no penalties; but THREE 2-chips*; no 3-putts

On the other hand.. ..considering how I played maybe "+1 over bogey-golf" wasn't all too horrible... 😉 

Gotta back to my Golftec lessons (still have two paid plus they're offering two free virtual lessons -- fyi available to anyone who goes to their site and signs up).

* 2-chips:
When you're close to the green and "should" (quote-unquote) chip or pitch the ball onto the green from where you are, but you chunk/fat/thin/blade/whatever the ball and are still off the green.

• Like 9

Had a decent day at +6 , 76 ,but might have been my first time of hitting every fairway. But my Girs were only 66%. Putting was solid, but didn’t make a single birdie. Heavy fog, zero warm-up, literally raced to the first tee, might have contributed to +2 after 3, but it is what it is.

• Like 9

Currently testing for review:

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 StifF

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes