MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

7 hours ago, KillerGees said:

We had a fantastic time with "The Chunkster." I still stand by what I said about getting you a better "Zen Golf" nickname - something like Sir BirdieMaster or Sir OnePutter - you get the picture. I was impressed with your skills around the greens and with pushcart tire repair! We'll do it again in July at my place when the new greens are ready for play. You were an excellent host and it's always nice to make new friends who love and appreciate the game. See you soon!

Thank you, and I'm definitely looking forward to coming down and playing Valleybrook. I swear I'm not scouting the layout on Arccos. You and Jessie were great company and definitely one with the golf course. I hope y'all have a great time on your golf retreat, I can't wait to hear how it goes! 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I know it's all relative, but I would love for a "dumpster fire" day to end up like that for me.

6 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Literally having this same conversation with @PMookie regarding this. 

One of my favorite things about golf - it's all relative. I played so well the last two days and shot 83/84 🤣.

Not to mention @THEZIPR23 is doing this with brand new to him clubs!

• Like 6

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 10.0 (Last Updated July 7, 2020)

2020 MGS #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE PARTICIPANT - Check out the pre-chatter thread!

#CC4 WITB (Cobra Black/Yellow Ultralight Cart Bag)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to 7.5°), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°, set to 13.5°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
4-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff (soft-stepped), Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos

Posted (edited)

Just getting back to playing again the last two weeks after a bad case of golfers elbow.

Played in league competition today, and my game was the way it’s been since I started playing again. The first 5 holes weren’t good. I didn’t feel I was hitting it badly, but I was sloppy and a bit careless. I parred the last 4 holes for a 45. I made it 8 pars in a row, bogeyed 14 then 3 putted 15 for a bogey and followed with a nice up and down for a par on the 160 yard 16th.

Two over on the back going to 17, which is the “easiest” hole on the back, and my swing just disappeared. Took double there and a triple on 18 turning what should’ve been a 38 into a 43 for a very disappointing 88.

It’s really frustrating. I’ve played 5 rounds now, and although the rust should be gone, I still feel uncomfortable out there. I just haven’t been able to put a solid 18 holes together yet.

It looks like we’re going to get a lot of rain the next 3 days, so I’ll have plenty of time to beat myself up over finishing 5 over on the last two holes.  😝 

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 8

:callaway-small: Epic Flash 10.5* Bassara

:callaway-small: Rogue 15*  Quaranta 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash hybrids 18* & 21* Tensei Silver

:callaway-small: Rogue X 5-AW Tensei Silver 

:callaway-small: MD4 52* & 56*

:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Double Wide 34"

:callaway-small: Fusion Zero 14 way stand bag

:EVNROLL: ER5  & :yes-small: Tracy putters will be sitting in a :titelist-small: Hybrid 5 bag, just waiting for the :odyssey-small: to misbehave.

Played league last night.  I've been struggling with my irons and wedges so far this season and it didn't get any better.  I only missed 2 fairways... but didn't hit a single green, and in most cases, I wasn't even close.

• Like 6

WITB

Driver: Titleist TS2 10.5º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard

5 Wood: Titleist 909F2 18.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Hybrids: Titleist 816 H1 21º & 25º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Irons (6-PW): Srixon 765 w/ Project X LZ

Wedges: 50º Ping Glide, 54º & 60º PXG 0311

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mil Spec

What a difference a few days can mean.   From 38 putts on 18 to 12 putts over 9 holes.  Granted I had some easier up and downs from just beside the green, it still counts.  Also drove the ball much better overall and just missed several fairways and greens but a couple yards.

Date 5/26/2020   Stony Creek Golf - Back Tees      
Hole Par Score Yardage Fairways Greens Putts Feet of Birdie putt Hole Notes
1 5 6*       2   Drive felt decent, but right into the sun - Played as hazard - hit 3 wood for 3rd to left side of green - Mediocre chip to 10 feet - 2 putt
2 3 3     x 2 15 9 iron a bit thin but got away with it - downhill putt grazed edge - 2 putt par
3 4 4   x   1   Great drive on left side - left me with 138 PW was pulled a bit pin high - good chip - tap in Par
4 4 5       1   Terrible pull hook hybrid drive to rough of the next hole over - GW from 120 right of green - Chip to 7 ft - 2 Putt
5 4 5       2   Decent 4 iron with draw for left to right dogleg - over did a bit and had to chip out from tree trouble - 85 yd LW to 15 ft - 2 putt
6 4 4       1 20 (just off) Great driver but didn’t cut as much as I'd hoped - off fairway by 3 yards but fine - 150 yds to pin 9 iron just long - Good chip and tap in Par
7 5 4     x 1 5 Great driver pushed a bit - 3 yards off fairway - hybrid from 240 to greenside bunker - Bunker shot to 5 ft and made Birdie
8 4 3   x x 1 15 Great drive - cut to middle of fairway - 115 left GW to 15 feet - Just snuck in putt and literally fist pumped - felt like an idiot afterwards
9 3 3       1   4 iron from 216 a bit thin but got away with it - just passed pin on fairway cut, a bit strong on downhill chip bu made 8 footer coming back for Par
Totals 36 37   2 3 12    
  • Like 7

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 58* Nippon Modus Wedge

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

Just now, CarlH said:

Started off rough with back to back double bogies, but finished the front nine with a 41.  I'll be darned if I didn't get another 2 doubles on the back nine and shot the same 41.  82 with 4 double bogies (one birdie).  

Nice job... this just goes to show why you're an 8, and I'm a 13.2.

Check out my post about 5 above this one. Even when I'm able to string 8 pars in a row, when the wheels come off, I can't find a way to control things and salvage the round with an 82 type score. Instead I'm battling to get the horse in the barn breaking 90.

Someday... hopefully soon, that will change 🙄

• Like 7

:callaway-small: Epic Flash 10.5* Bassara

:callaway-small: Rogue 15*  Quaranta 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash hybrids 18* & 21* Tensei Silver

:callaway-small: Rogue X 5-AW Tensei Silver 

:callaway-small: MD4 52* & 56*

:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Double Wide 34"

:callaway-small: Fusion Zero 14 way stand bag

:EVNROLL: ER5  & :yes-small: Tracy putters will be sitting in a :titelist-small: Hybrid 5 bag, just waiting for the :odyssey-small: to misbehave.

76 again, but a few mental lapses contributed at least 2 or 3 strokes. 
really been hitting a lot of solid shots lately- I’m hoping for one of those days for it all to come together....

• Like 8

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 Stiff

:mizuno-small: MP5/MP25 combo

Sub70  Wedges 50°, 54°, 58° Raw, on Recoil 760 SmacWrap

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact #3 putter

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Sketcher shoes

76 again, but a few mental lapses contributed at least 2 or 3 strokes. 
really been hitting a lot of solid shots lately- I’m hoping for one of those days for it all to come together....

Aren’t we all! Hope it happens soon!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero (8.5* HZRDUS Smoke Shaft)

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 5-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-3's 50* 54* and 58*

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  :srixon-small:  ZStar XV

IMG_1706.JPG
IMG_1707.JPG

I just can’t get any birdie putts to drop lol started off great, 3 straight fairways and 3 straight GIRs and 3 straight 2 putt pars. Then 1 pulled tee shot and the wheels came off for a nice round 81...grrr

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero (8.5* HZRDUS Smoke Shaft)

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 5-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-3's 50* 54* and 58*

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  :srixon-small:  ZStar XV

7 hours ago, CarlH said:

Started off rough with back to back double bogies, but finished the front nine with a 41.  I'll be darned if I didn't get another 2 doubles on the back nine and shot the same 41.  82 with 4 double bogies (one birdie).  

Just think of it as playing 14 holes really well.  Nice job!

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”