MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

Played 18 on Saturday and the struggle has continued with everything but the driver.  I think I missed 4 fairways but only hit 3 GIR.  It felt like I was either making par or double.  Very frustrating.

• Like 6

WITB

Driver: Titleist TS2 10.5º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard

5 Wood: Titleist 909F2 18.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Hybrids: Titleist 816 H1 21º & 25º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Irons (6-PW): Srixon 765 w/ Project X LZ

Wedges: 50º Ping Glide, 54º & 60º PXG 0311

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

32 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Took my son out to play 9 yesterday.  I am sitting at 2 over going into #9.  I split the fairway on 9 and leave myself 158 from the pin.  That is the closest I've ever been to the green on this hole.  I chunk a 6 iron 55 yards, blade a 48 degree wedge 125 over the hole into a cemetery, blade the chip going back to the hole, chilly dip the chip to the green.  Decided to putt the last two for a triple and a 41.

But 6/7 fairways and 13 putts.

I hate to admit how many times I've played a hole just like that😲

• Like 6

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram

Waiting on my :cobra-small: SpeedZones

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    

:cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:

... Hopefully this makes you feel better Wedgie. Last year I was sitting on 2 under going into 18 and a birdie gives me a 69. Tough finishing hole but doable. Hit my best drive of the day leaving 169 with wind at my back on fast hard greens. I hit it as good as I could and right where I wanted just short of the green and ready to see it  hop on, bounce and then roll to a back pin. Instead, it hit a sprinkler head and bounced sideways into the lake!?! I had to drop in super deep grass on a severe slope and could only manage to get it in the bunker. Up and down for a smooth double with 2 just about perfect shots. If the golf gods have it in for you it doesn't matter if you hit good shots or bad shots, they are getting their pound of flesh. 🤪

And this is why some very good players don’t make it all the way up the ladder. They have the game but can never accept the vagaries of the sport. We watched one of them coming down nine today- he’s a strong mini tour player, has won some events but can’t make the jump to Korn Ferry. Having played with him i know it’s because he carries a bad break or bad shot with him for the next few holes. You can’t do that at the top levels of the game.

And I’m in no way suggesting you would Chisag - you’re point of how silly the game can be was well taken.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 8

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

61272893548__1D2A3917-D6A6-4031-ABCC-67016B6952EC.JPG

Played today at 3:07. Heat index was around 100. Walked!

IMG_1929.JPG

Course was in great shape, don’t know if you see my ball way up past my buddy’s. He and I are normally neck and neck. We both hit solid drives. I’ve definitely experienced a distance jump. I was 10 to 25 yards past him all day.

Here’s a picture from 9 to illustrate:

IMG_1930.JPG

Typical Suoerspeed jump though so I had a few skanky irons - a couple of flairs or thin hooks - chipping and putting was great. 37-38 75 - as a two some we played in 2:53 - he shot 40-41 81.

• Like 9

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

61272893548__1D2A3917-D6A6-4031-ABCC-67016B6952EC.thumb.JPG.2aa73e49eab79abe379fee630918a6bb.JPG

IMG_1929.thumb.JPG.6ac958c7f5131e7075f5abed0e659deb.JPG

Course was in great shape, don’t know if you see my ball way up past my buddy’s. He and I are normally neck and neck. We both hit solid drives. I’ve definitely experienced a distance jump. I was 10 to 25 yards past him all day.

Here’s a picture from 9 to illustrate, note you come out of a shoot of trees on that hole and determine how much of the rough to carry - as you can tell by where I ended up I could have bit off more. Still he had 165 in, I had 128.

IMG_1930.thumb.JPG.4fc71d0d90304439cd807009c0684853.JPG

Typical Suoerspeed jump though so I had a few skanky irons - a couple of flairs or thin hooks - chipping and putting was great. 37-38 75 - as a two some we played in 2:53 - he shot 40-41 81.

• Like 2

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

2 hours ago, revkev said:

And this is why some very good players don’t make it all the way up the ladder. They have the game but can never accept the vagaries of the sport. We watched one of them coming down nine today- he’s a strong mini tour player, has won some events but can’t make the jump to Korn Ferry. Having played with him i know it’s because he carries a bad break or bad shot with him for the next few holes. You can’t do that at the top levels of the game.

And I’m in no way suggesting you would Chisag - you’re point of how silly the game can be was well taken.

... Playing QB was the best preparation for golf. You can't let a bad throw have you second guessing your next throw. All concentration has to be on the play at hand. Golf is exactly the same. The very first shot with my Cobra Utility on a drivable 325yd par 4, I was laying up for an easy pitch but my drive landed squarely on the cement 100yd marker, bounced like a Super Ball and rolled onto the fringe. You are gonna get bad breaks and good breaks, all just part of the game. I have never understood throwing clubs, slamming them in the ground or getting upset which for me is all just wasted energy. 

• Like 9

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

17 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Three double bogeys, yet two birdies. The killer??? 27% FIR. Horrible off the tee.
82 (40/42). Finished double, bogey, bogey. Right now, with my irons, wedges, and putter doing well, I just need to get off the tee. On 2 holes where I decided to play more conservatively and hit hybrid or fairway, both were behind trees, and not in the fairway! Ugh!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I couldn’t even see the fairway from the pic you sent. Let alone hit one. 

• Like 5

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:taylormade-small:             M5 15* (Ventus Black 7x) 43"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-AW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

... Playing QB was the best preparation for golf. You can't let a bad throw have you second guessing your next throw. All concentration has top be on the play at hand. Golf is exactly the same. The very first shot with my Cobra Utility on a drivable 325yd par 4, I was laying up for an easy pitch but my drive landed squarely on the cement 100yd marker, bounced like a Super Ball and rolled onto the fringe. You are gonna get bad breaks and good breaks, all just part of the game. I have never understood throwing clubs, slamming them in the ground or getting upset which for me is all just wasted energy. 

Got to agree with you there man. A short memory is needed with bad shots. I rarely get negative on the course, but sometimes I just need to take a second to vent some frustrations out (never pulling a Sergio and damaging the course though). Then its back to the next shot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4:  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

2 hours ago, revkev said:

61272893548__1D2A3917-D6A6-4031-ABCC-67016B6952EC.JPG

IMG_1929.JPG

Here’s a picture from 9 to illustrate:

IMG_1930.JPG

Great round Rev!  It's good to see you bombing it off the tee. I've got to give it to you, playing in 100 degree heat is rough. I couldn't imagine walking in it. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, chisag said:

You are gonna get bad breaks and good breaks, all just part of the game. I have never understood throwing clubs, slamming them in the ground or getting upset which for me is all just wasted energy. 

I understand this completely, but... but... when do I start getting the good breaks?  🤣

FYI, I've never thrown a club.  Tossed maybe, but always in the direction of the cart.

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Playing QB was the best preparation for golf. You can't let a bad throw have you second guessing your next throw. All concentration has to be on the play at hand. Golf is exactly the same. The very first shot with my Cobra Utility on a drivable 325yd par 4, I was laying up for an easy pitch but my drive landed squarely on the cement 100yd marker, bounced like a Super Ball and rolled onto the fringe. You are gonna get bad breaks and good breaks, all just part of the game. I have never understood throwing clubs, slamming them in the ground or getting upset which for me is all just wasted energy. 

Agreed well said. I am for sure a grunter and the occasional “you dumbass” but never long or into the next shot just that moment. Can relate a lot of sports to this mentality keep on keeping on!

• Like 3

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal:

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g

:adams-small: 2H & 4H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

... Nothing wrong with momentary self recrimination for doing something stupid. I think the most derogatory thing I can say and from my experience most golfers feel the same, when I make a mental mistake like trying to guide a drive achieving the opposite followed by a most disgusted "Your Name Here!" Then like Keyser Soze ... it disappears and it is on to the next shot with a positive frame of mind.  

• Like 9

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

I was told a long time ago by a very good player/friend who I’ll paraphrase “you have to be like a good relief pitcher and have no memory of any bad pitches”.

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I was told a long time ago by a very good player/friend who I’ll paraphrase “you have to be like a good relief pitcher and have no memory of any bad pitches”.

First thought: Mitch “Wild Thing” Williams!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

I couldn’t even see the fairway from the pic you sent. Let alone hit one. 

61273787372__DCE81E98-81DA-4741-B6C9-224F246340FA.JPG
  • Like 7

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png
61273787372__DCE81E98-81DA-4741-B6C9-224F246340FA.JPG

Man, as someone whose miss is a block to the right, that tree is FRIGHTENING. Honestly, that's kind of a silly window to have to hit through. They should at least trim back that overhang on the left, geez. Golf is already hard, I don't need the greenskeepers to make it impossible.

• Like 8

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS