16 hours ago, CarlH said:

Hope you have better results with the GelSyn that I had.  

You too?? I’ve never heard of the stuff

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After six years of playing, I got my first hole in one yesterday! Pretty crazy feeling to see the ball drop from the tee box. It was a slight downhill par 3 from 150 yards, got it done with a 9 iron!

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

🚨 PERSONAL BEST ALERT! 🚨 - 36/39 = 75 (+3) 😍 - 6/15 FIR - 11/18 GIR (2 birdies) - 30 Putts (12 2-putts, 6 1-putts) Cold, dreary morning and the course was pretty empty. I really took my t

Posted Images

Gelsyn-
whats that. I just found out I have a torn meniscus and got a cortisone shot which really seemed to help, but it’s still a little sore all the time. I definitely do not want to get surgery. I should get an MRI to see how messed up it is, but I’m guessing it’s not that bad as I can still do 98% of anything.
i hear surgery Is less than a 50% satisfactory deal

GelSyn is a 3 shot (1 per week) of a concoction of hyaluronic gel that supposedly cushion the knee. Similar to Supartz that’s a 5 shot. It helps somewhat.
I saw my X-rays Wednesday and I can tell replacement is in my future. I’m kinda fond of Original Equipment so I’ll stalk as long as I can take the pain.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Hope you have better results with the GelSyn that I had.  

It’s a temporary fix, it’s not the greatest but some relief.
I’m kinda PIA that I don’t take it as easy as I should sometimes.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

9 minutes ago, Rickp said:

It’s a temporary fix, it’s not the greatest but some relief.
I’m kinda PIA that I don’t take it as easy as I should sometimes.

My grandfather had both his knees done probabky 20 years ago know. He was all jacked up never the same but the technology now you can’t beat. He could play golf after that his knees were stilll terrible could just walk a little better was all it did

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

18 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

I played like crap today... I really have some mental hurdles to clear apparently. I was extremely happy with how I was hitting things on the range, but the moment I got on the course I started struggling. I had a handful of pars and birdie tries, but my misses were massive today and the penalty strokes escalated things quickly. I was so hopeful after last week, but looks like I need a bit more range and/or course time to really get things together. Why do I love this game? lol

That's too bad. You was hitting the ball well last week on the back 9..but this is why we are not professionals. 

• Like 3

Driver:  TourEdge Exotic Pro 10.5 with Tensei CK Orange 60 Stiff  (Testing NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff)
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiff
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybrid
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - 52 ,56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34in
BallsTaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-
GPS:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

TESTING: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.

40/45 today. Driver seemed to disappear on the back 9 [emoji53]

• Like 4

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 19*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Ten 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

76 at my home course for a friends Birthday. Started the day throwing darts. 1&2 hit approaches that were inside 3’ and didn’t convert either to stay at even par. I had 8 looks at birdie today inside ten feet and made 3 of them. 

2 doubles, 3 birdies, 8/14 fairways and 10/18 greens with 32 putts. Good day. 

• Like 9
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

GelSyn is a 3 shot (1 per week) of a concoction of hyaluronic gel that supposedly cushion the knee. Similar to Supartz that’s a 5 shot. It helps somewhat.
I saw my X-rays Wednesday and I can tell replacement is in my future. I’m kinda fond of Original Equipment so I’ll stalk as long as I can take the pain.

I see, I wasn’t aware you were also a stalker...😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

I see, I wasn’t aware you were also a stalker...[emoji38]

Only in my spare time[emoji33]
I hate autocorrect [emoji12]

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

1 hour ago, MrBandit said:

That's too bad. You was hitting the ball well last week on the back 9..but this is why we are not professionals. 

What's crazy is I was hitting it on the range every bit as good if not better than I was last week and it literally disappeared in the time it took me to get to #1 tee box. ??? I still hit some quality shots and made some pars, but my misses were just too great. Maybe I'll hit the range or try to play another round before the weekend is up so I can try to figure out what's going on. I also wonder if it could be as simple as the shoes I was wearing yesterday (FJ Freestyle) vs. last week (Adidas Tour 360 Boost 2.0). I lost my balance on several shots as my left foot tended to roll to the outside a lot more.

I've not payed much attention to shoes in the past, but I've started to lately and there are definitely some shoes in my closet that just don't work for me - I've already retired a near new pair of FJ GreenJoy Spikeless (any takers?). Perhaps an experiment is in order.

• Like 7

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

On 6/16/2020 at 11:21 AM, edingc said:

It's so weird to be striking the ball so well (for me) and just scoring poorly. Compared to last year (pre-lessons), I'm playing so much more consistent and feel like I'm actually in control of the golf ball. I just have had these weird stretches of really poor putting combined with a few bad holes to really blow up some scores.

Wow, "it's so weird" 😉, but I could've written those exact same things about my golf game now..!!
(..are you my long lost twin brother? ..ha ha ha ha...)

Trying to hit the shots that I can to what I think are safe targets, but keep making too many seemingly simple mistakes. Well, heck, it's a work-in-progress!

• Like 7

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W (Project X Cypher)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

... I hear a lot of members call themselves "bad golfers". As opposed to having a bad round which is relative because one golfers awful score of 89 is another golfers personal best. Take a look at where you stand compared to other golfers:

"According to data from the National Golf Foundation, only 26 percent of all golfers shoot below 90 consistently on regulation 18-hole courses; 45 percent of all golfers average more than 100 strokes per round. A player who shoots 85 is doing better than nearly three out of four of his golfing peers--a good score.

Only about 2 percent of all golfers ever break 80, which generally is considered the Holy Grail of scoring. To legitimately break 80 -- no improved lies; no 3-foot gimmes; no free drop from out of bounds -- is to breathe the rarefied air of good, if not great golf.

Scoring under 70. 0.92% of golfers have a handicap of +1 or better. Using the +1 handicap is probably the best estimate we can get to the percentage of golfers than are breaking par regularly."

• Like 8

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max ... Diamana Limited 60R
Fairway:  Cobra SZ 14.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 7S
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
                 Mizuno T20 58* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

3 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

What's crazy is I was hitting it on the range every bit as good if not better than I was last week and it literally disappeared in the time it took me to get to #1 tee box. ??? I still hit some quality shots and made some pars, but my misses were just too great. Maybe I'll hit the range or try to play another round before the weekend is up so I can try to figure out what's going on.

... Not unusual at all. You probably know this but I had to remind my students all the time that the range is the range and very different than a golf course. To equate it to my profession, you can rehearse your lines in the comfort of your home and have them down perfectly. But when they call you in the room and Christopher Nolan is sitting there and doesn't speak a word along with a producer and the casting director, when they turn on the camera and the casting director says "whenever you are ready" and you know you only have ONE shot at it. It is nothing like rehearsing at home because you know if you screw up, you just start over. Screw up the audition and hear "Thanks for coming in. NEXT!" Same thing for the range. There is a freedom to your swing because you know it doesn't count. If you hit a 40 yard slice or hook, you just tee up another ball. Standing on the first tee, not only does your first swing count, it can define your confidence for the rest of the round. Start with a great shot and a par/birdie or a bad shot and a bogie right out of the gate can make a pretty big difference. In the words of Sheryl Crow:

No one said it would be easy 
But no one said it'd be this hard. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max ... Diamana Limited 60R
Fairway:  Cobra SZ 14.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 7S
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
                 Mizuno T20 58* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

21 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Check out Mansion Ridge up that way, one of the best in the area and my go to the last few years in my home away from home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll look into that one next time I'm up that way, thanks. 

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

... Not unusual at all. You probably know this but I had to remind my students all the time that the range is the range and very different than a golf course. To equate it to my profession, you can rehearse your lines in the comfort of your home and have them down perfectly. But when they call you in the room and Christopher Nolan is sitting there and doesn't speak a word along with a producer and the casting director, when they turn on the camera and the casting director says "whenever you are ready" and you know you only have ONE shot at it. It is nothing like rehearsing at home because you know if you screw up, you just start over. Screw up the audition and hear "Thanks for coming in. NEXT!" Same thing for the range. There is a freedom to your swing because you know it doesn't count. If you hit a 40 yard slice or hook, you just tee up another ball. Standing on the first tee, not only does your first swing count, it can define your confidence for the rest of the round. Start with a great shot and a birdie or a bad shot and a bogie right out of thee gate can make a pretty big difference. In the words of Sheryl Crow:

No one said it would be easy 
But no one said it'd be this hard. 

Well put. I applaud your response.

• Like 3

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 460 9.5*

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W, 5W

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 4-PW

:callaway-small: MD4 52/56/60

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

... I hear a lot of members call themselves "bad golfers". As opposed to having a bad round which is relative because one golfers awful score of 89 is another golfers personal best. Take a look at where you stand compared to other golfers:

"According to data from the National Golf Foundation, only 26 percent of all golfers shoot below 90 consistently on regulation 18-hole courses; 45 percent of all golfers average more than 100 strokes per round. A player who shoots 85 is doing better than nearly three out of four of his golfing peers--a good score.

Only about 2 percent of all golfers ever break 80, which generally is considered the Holy Grail of scoring. To legitimately break 80 -- no improved lies; no 3-foot gimmes; no free drop from out of bounds -- is to breathe the rarefied air of good, if not great golf.

Scoring under 70. 0.92% of golfers have a handicap of +1 or better. Using the +1 handicap is probably the best estimate we can get to the percentage of golfers than are breaking par regularly."

Another great response. Sometimes I am very apprehensive about my scores because I am a high handicapper but I remind myself that my scores are probably not that far off of many of those around me.

• Like 3

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 460 9.5*

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W, 5W

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 4-PW

:callaway-small: MD4 52/56/60

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

82 (38/44). I lost balls on three consecutive holes on the back due to rock hard, tight fairways. I hit a 5 iron 250 yards THROUGH the fairway on the 12th hole! Ridiculous. Frustrating. I actually hit the ball well for 13 holes. 

• Like 7

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Interesting day.  Not a good driving day by my standards, but ended up with +5 (42) front and +3 (38) back for an 80.  The 42 on the front included a triple on hole #3.

Today was the first time since I had my knee replacement in 2014 that my wife tied me for 9 holes.  Her 42 was her best score on the front nine ever.  She was hitting the ball great!  Then on #10 it all fell apart; she lost her focus, and I got better.  She still shot 86, and had one birdie on each nine.  I birdied the same hole on the back.  One of these days she will beat me.  I've got to get my driver working again.

On hole #7 I felt a small twinge in my right knee (the original knee, not the fake one).  I don't remember doing anything to it, but it hurt to squat down to read putts.  I put some CBD oil on it; hope it doesn't bother me tomorrow.  I don't need another new pain for the year.  I have already had my quota.

• Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”