Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Very odd round for me today, way too many swing thoughts going on en route to a 9 over 81. Hit more fairways (7) than greens (6): that is a stat I would’ve never thought I’d achieve. 32 putts 5/7 on up & downs. 

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

On 2/6/2022 at 11:57 AM, chisag said:

... This one was about 3 miles from my house so I was very lucky, but never played there after the upgrades. Originally it was called Ditka Dome and it was a little closer to what you envisioned. Always had food, putting and chipping areas, and it was a big inflatable dome with targets on one end and several short game flags for pitching without LM bells and whistles. But mostly it was warm and no wind to deal with in the middle of winter so it served your purpose of just keeping your swing in semi dormant shape instead of having to start over every spring. 

If I was forced to hit in a dome I would basically practice my wedges which is what I mostly do on the range 99% of the time. If I can time it up with those and stay loose and in my case stay pain free then more than likely I will be ok. My quirky swing and methods depend on feel and timing. I will say this in respect to you or any instructor I would not teach my methods to anyone. But it is what it is. And as you well know at our ages respectfully and our injuries we do need to stay loose for sure. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 2/7/2022 at 6:15 AM, Paul Hedrick said:

After three LONG weeks, due to snow, I was able to play yesterday.  Have you ever had one of those rounds where everything just went right?  Drives, mid irons, around the green, and putting?  Yeah, me either.....🤣

LOL yeah I have had those rounds where everything went right---- Dead right into the woods or a hazard

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

My quirky swing and methods depend on feel and timing. I will say this in respect to you or any instructor I would not teach my methods to anyone. But it is what it is.

... Basically two kinds of instructors. One would look at Chi Chi and Bubba's "swings" and would want to begin a program to teach them a swing based on ideal model fundamentals. The 2nd would look at those two swings and marvel at the variety of shots and think I would not change a thing. As you well know playing golf is not playing "golf swing" and to quote Arnie "swing your swing". 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

10 hours ago, chisag said:

... Basically two kinds of instructors. One would look at Chi Chi and Bubba's "swings" and would want to begin a program to teach them a swing based on ideal model fundamentals. The 2nd would look at those two swings and marvel at the variety of shots and think I would not change a thing. As you well know playing golf is not playing "golf swing" and to quote Arnie "swing your swing". 

One thing I have learned very recently and I am playing the best golf of my life is:  for me, just feel the shot & do what is necessary to execute it.  I always worried about perfect fundamentals.  Now I just focus on the shot.  Even putts, I just feel the shot.  I do not take a perfectly squared stance.  Sometimes I am open, sometimes closed, but I just sense the shot needed and put a good stroke on it.  It is very unorthodox, but very powerful & effective.  Today I hit 8 of the best shots in my life.  A 136 yard 8 iron to six inches of the cup.  A 22 yard green side bunker shot that was executed perfectly that danced on the lip.  A 188 yard uphill to an elevated turtle back green,  Heavenwood that stuck the middle of the green 2 paces from the pin.  A 164 yard uphill par 3 nailed with a Callaway Warbird 11 wood that left only a 5 footer for another bird.  It was like magic.  Goosebumps were riddled all over my epidermis like never before.  I actually thought that I may be dreaming at one point in the round, but alas my playing partner promised me it was all real.  I am safely home now.  Had pork & sauerkraut for dinner to bring me back to reality.  Actually it was the horse radish that did that.  Now I will polish my clubs as a reward for a day that I will always remember.

TaylorMade Sim2 Max 10.5 Driver - Tensei AV Blue 55 R

Callaway 4+ Wood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 65 R

Callaway 5 Wood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 55 R

Callaway Heavenwood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 55 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 3 (19*) - SteelFiber i95 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 4 (22*) - SteelFiber i95 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 5 (25*) - SteelFiber i95 R

Honma Beres irons (2020) 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, AW - Nippon 750GH Wrap Tech R 

Vokey SM8 56* D grind & Vokey SM8 54* bent to 52* D grind

Scotty Cameron California Monterey Putter

22 hours ago, chisag said:

A bud of mine who has since retired was one of the top teachers and fitters here at the beach. On his off time he studied different swings on U-Tube. Rainy days you could find him at his shop studying various swings. Now we did work in his and my shop some and exchanged a lot of ideas and theories on club building. And we built a lot of experimental clubs. Now we also played a lot of golf together. He never offered swing advice or game advice except one time but I will get to that later. He did to give him credit video me one time for his own edification. He would never ever let me see the video. Said it would get me to thinking too much and I would get to where I could not hit a ball at all. About a year after he taped me he calle me back to his viewing area in his office and I saw my tape was on. I figured he was going to analyze me and let me know something. But instead he hit the erase button. As an instructor he subscribed to the second part of your statement of swing my own swing. Some things I do I do not want to know how I do it or can not tell you why. Just natural moves for me.

The one time he gave me advice was on a course we had played before. I was around 55Yoa at the time and was naturally loosing some pop which I did not want to admit. This one Par 5 I had blistered the driver and had like a 220 CARRY over water for the 2nd shot. I went for it and hit it good and PLOP! into the water. He asked me WTH? I was thinking. I told him I had hit that shot before and could pull it off. He said yeah 10 years ago when he first met me. He made me throw a ball down and hit like my 4 iron to the safe layup area and wedge it on. I did that and made birdie off that ball. Of course I did do a drop behind the Hazard and wedged it up and made par. He told me my brain was better than my body and I could not pull off the stuff I did even in my 40s. But he did point out the fact I was a good wedge player and got BOTH balls up and down. He got me to revamping my game plan due to SS and distance loss. Which recently I had to put into play even more. Now days I did have to practice a little harder with my reduced swing that we talked about. I think I am sorta getting it ingrained because last Saturday I played in the horrible conditions and did not push the issue and most important had absolutely no pain

G

Well I will say my shorter swing is working. I put the blades back in the bag today and practiced. In fact hit about 100 balls or so total resting as usual after like 5 balls or so. As of now no pain or stiffness from vibration. I got back to ball control both distance and trajectory. I also revamped the putting game some. Went back to a old Bulls Eye I had for years using a conventional grip with my hands and an old Crown Cord grip on the putter. My old Pop stroke came back to me along with my feel. I had been floor putting some in the house with an old Wilson Augusta which is a Bulls Eye copy and sorta got the feel again. Tomorrow and Friday is supposed to be nice and I will see how I hold up both golf and pain wise.

LOL got a good laugh today. Since the Macs were in a vintage Hoofer bag anyhow I just threw the rest of my stuff in like my metal woods and putter. I already had balls gloves and tees in it etc. I had the bag by the putting green and heard one of the Touron golfers remark " That I must have dragged that ancient stuff out of my Grandfathers closet"  I just chuckled to myself said nothing and carried on

G

Am I back or am I flying too close to the sun?

40/42 gross (net 80) starting on the 10th tee yesterday at Southern Oaks! I was playing with a newly acquired golf buddy I met last time I played 2 weeks ago. He's still relatively new to the game and does not possess a great deal of length or skill with driver so the one caveat I might place on myself is that I wasn't playing from my normal tees. However, I clubbed down on a number of tee shots and hit approaches from very similar positions with the exception of maybe 2 or 3 holes.

SO_2_09_22.png.6c3f41ff5808d035e405c4c4bc05e1b1.png

There's still plenty of work to do, but this was such a huge leap forward! By my count, I left a solid 3 strokes out there from errant tee shots, 5 strokes from poor chipping (one 2-chip & two 3-chips), and 3 strokes from putting (none of those 3-putts came from a distance where I could not have easily 2-putted). That may seem like a lot, but it still leaves room for the fat irons, hosel rocket, and missed 3-footers I endured.

Highlights include: my best putting performance since moving back to a blade, 4 birdies (3 of which came on the back nine), and a below par scoring average on the Par 5's.

To top it off, yesterday's round lowered my handicap to a 10.1 meaning I could (potentially) achieve my 2022 goal of a single digit handicap next time I play!!! 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Well... Just carded my worst round in two years during a tournament.  51/46 for a crowd pleasing 97.  4 triples, 2 doubles and a boatload of three putts.   (9 3-putts and 1 4-putt.)  I had zero feeling for the speed today but it didn't really matter since I just couldn't get on line even from inside 5 feet.  I guess the bright spot was that some of my approach play was pretty good.  My three pars of the day came on really good long iron shots.  Chipping wasn't bad either I just couldn't convert the leaves.  🤦‍♂️.  I think it's time to take a short breather for a week and let myself settle.  I feel like I've been pressing really had the last few weeks.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0811XT -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0211 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: Z585 5/PW -- Modus 115

Wedges

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore -- 46° Mid @47°,  50° Mid @51°, 56 Mid @55° -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

11 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Am I back or am I flying too close to the sun?

40/42 gross (net 80) starting on the 10th tee yesterday at Southern Oaks! I was playing with a newly acquired golf buddy I met last time I played 2 weeks ago. He's still relatively new to the game and does not possess a great deal of length or skill with driver so the one caveat I might place on myself is that I wasn't playing from my normal tees. However, I clubbed down on a number of tee shots and hit approaches from very similar positions with the exception of maybe 2 or 3 holes.

SO_2_09_22.png.6c3f41ff5808d035e405c4c4bc05e1b1.png

There's still plenty of work to do, but this was such a huge leap forward! By my count, I left a solid 3 strokes out there from errant tee shots, 5 strokes from poor chipping (one 2-chip & two 3-chips), and 3 strokes from putting (none of those 3-putts came from a distance where I could not have easily 2-putted). That may seem like a lot, but it still leaves room for the fat irons, hosel rocket, and missed 3-footers I endured.

Highlights include: my best putting performance since moving back to a blade, 4 birdies (3 of which came on the back nine), and a below par scoring average on the Par 5's.

To top it off, yesterday's round lowered my handicap to a 10.1 meaning I could (potentially) achieve my 2022 goal of a single digit handicap next time I play!!! 

that is excellent progress!!! You ready to play with the boys again!

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

2 hours ago, Syks7 said:

Well... Just carded my worst round in two years during a tournament.  51/46 for a crowd pleasing 97.  4 triples, 2 doubles and a boatload of three putts.   (9 3-putts and 1 4-putt.)  I had zero feeling for the speed today but it didn't really matter since I just couldn't get on line even from inside 5 feet.  I guess the bright spot was that some of my approach play was pretty good.  My three pars of the day came on really good long iron shots.  Chipping wasn't bad either I just couldn't convert the leaves.  🤦‍♂️.  I think it's time to take a short breather for a week and let myself settle.  I feel like I've been pressing really had the last few weeks.

Just a bad putting day.  Looks like you could have saved 11 shots with average putting.  No need to beat yourself up.  It happens.

TaylorMade Sim2 Max 10.5 Driver - Tensei AV Blue 55 R

Callaway 4+ Wood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 65 R

Callaway 5 Wood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 55 R

Callaway Heavenwood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 55 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 3 (19*) - SteelFiber i95 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 4 (22*) - SteelFiber i95 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 5 (25*) - SteelFiber i95 R

Honma Beres irons (2020) 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, AW - Nippon 750GH Wrap Tech R 

Vokey SM8 56* D grind & Vokey SM8 54* bent to 52* D grind

Scotty Cameron California Monterey Putter

14 hours ago, MrBandit said:

that is excellent progress!!! You ready to play with the boys again!

Let me know if you guys do play Bridlewood so I can get a tee time booked before I lose that!

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

62*  in Feb in the Mid Atlantic pretty much makes it mandatory that 9 holes of golf are played.  I had 7 good holes of 1 over and two triple bogey holes that should be forgotten!!  I really felt good swinging the club and putting so recovering from the off season shouldn't take too many rounds once we get warmer weather in about 6 weeks or so.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

7 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Let me know if you guys do play Bridlewood so I can get a tee time booked before I lose that!

Playing on Sunday

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

43/38 today at Desert Hills.  84F, sunny skies, and light winds at 5-7 mph. Played with a couple from Alberta that had never played the course before and both were quite new to the game. They were absolutely fascinated watching the F35's doing training flights around the area, which I was able to provide some details about.  I came to the conclusion they really couldn't care less about scoring... which they most absolutely didn't 🙂.  But, they were great company and we had fun.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

33 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

43/38 today at Desert Hills.  84F, sunny skies, and light winds at 5-7 mph. Played with a couple from Alberta that had never played the course before and both were quite new to the game. They were absolutely fascinated watching the F35's doing training flights around the area, which I was able to provide some details about.  I came to the conclusion they really couldn't care less about scoring... which they most absolutely didn't 🙂.  But, they were great company and we had fun.

That was last month... and we are not from Alberta!   🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Grand Stranded said:

So I played yesterday for the first time in about two weeks, and it showed. My tempo was way too quick the first few holes, and I never really got anything going. I shot a horrid 93 net 80 in the second round of a two man combined Stableford tournament where we play the 4 courses in Barefoot down here in North Myrtle Beach.

My partner wasn’t much better, he gets a bunch more strokes than I do, but he only managed a net 76. We ended up in 7th place in our 16 team flight. The good news is we came in first place the first leg, so our team is in 3rd overall. We get to drop the worst score of the four rounds, so this will almost certainly be the one we drop. In the Individual portion, he’s in 3rd out of 32 players, while I’m sucking wind in 12th.

This week we don’t play, but because we had to postpone a round two weeks ago because of weather, we’ll finish this all up with the makeup round next Monday on the Love course, and the final round on the Dye that Thursday. It’s a really big event, 6 flights, and just over 160 players (the field is split up four flights on one, two on another each week), and because you get to drop that low round, just about everyone is in it until the end.

I’m playing a gross quota game in my Saturday league tomorrow (on the same Fazio course I played yesterday) hopefully I can find a way to drop about 10 strokes off yesterdays score. 🙄

I played the Love course many, many years ago.  I was there the same week as the World Amateur and they had the other Barefoot courses filled.  I enjoyed it; wished I could have played them all.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Shot 98 today(48:50). But left a lot to be desired.

Had 4 lost shots off the Tee, a four putt, three putt, and 3 duffed approach shots throughout my 18. Need to find my groove again. For only being my third round this year, I am okay with the result, regardless of the sloppiness. 

I was outside in mid 50° weather, sun shining and playing golf with a friend. So I am grateful for the day as well!

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

39 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I played the Love course many, many years ago.  I was there the same week as the World Amateur and they had the other Barefoot courses filled.  I enjoyed it; wished I could have played them all.

It’s amazing how quickly the years go by, Kenny.

I moved into Barefoot 12 years ago, and it doesn’t seem anywhere near that long. Living here, and having the opportunity to play the courses I do is something that never gets old. I love all four courses, but if I had to pick a favorite I’d go with the Dye Course.

This group I played with yesterday isn’t affiliated with Barefoot, it’s a travel league that usually has anywhere from 80-120 players (the bigger number is during the winter when the snowbirds come down). I don’t like to travel around much, as I’ve played everywhere down here a few times over, but I’ll join them a few times a year for Caledonia, True Blue, Tidewater, Pine Lakes, Thistle, TPC, Rivers Edge and some of my other favorites. We get a great discount, even during peak periods because of how big the group is. Playing a course like Caledonia in April or October for $55 is an unbelievable deal. Other than those 10-12 weeks, the only times I play outside Barefoot is when I’m playing in an Am Tour event.
It’s like @BIG STU mentioned a few weeks back, the locals tend to play very close to home. He has more clever names for each “group” but I stay up on the North End, Stu is down there with the Southies and then there’s the Myrtle guys in the middle. (I know that all sounds very West Side Story-ish, but In reality it’s just a bunch of older guys who like to stay near home)

Driver:         :ping-small:   G425 Max 10.5* 

Fairway:     :ping-small:   G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

:callaway-small:      Paradym  21*

Hybrids:      :callaway-small:      Rogue ST Max OS  24* 

Irons:          :cleveland-small:  Launcher XL Halo 6-DW

Wedges:     :cleveland-small:  CBX Zipcore 54-12

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:        :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

:OnCore: Elixir 

:1590477705_SunMountain:  2.5 14 way Black

Very solid round today. 4 over 75 playing off 8. 2 doubles, 3 each of birdies and pars. Ball striking was generally very good, doubles came after the only 2 really bad shots I hit. Short game was excellent, 27 putts and a chip in. Best score in a long time. Fairway woods were as good as I can remember, driver and irons solid. Proper alignment continues to really help.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Hadn’t swung a club in over two months before going to the range yesterday. Played this morning on a soggy course with 15 -20mph winds

Shot my best round in 5 years. 

Greens were bumpy and slow and still carded 3 birdies and lipped out 4 other birdies including a 6 footer on 18. 

Driver was on fire and my irons and wedge game were probably the best I’ve ever had 

6935393E-36A8-4C95-9D5B-3E045C519584.jpeg

42 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Hadn’t swung a club in over two months before going to the range yesterday. Played this morning on a soggy course with 15 -20mph winds

Shot my best round in 5 years. 

Greens were bumpy and slow and still carded 3 birdies and lipped out 4 other birdies including a 6 footer on 18. 

Driver was on fire and my irons and wedge game were probably the best I’ve ever had 

6935393E-36A8-4C95-9D5B-3E045C519584.jpeg

Nice playing Joe.

it's nice to see fellow NE golfers getting rounds in this soon...

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

9 minutes ago, jlukes said:

60 today. Snow tonight 😂😂

I'd try and act surprised but nope, makes perfect sense...44 today up here, 9 tomorrow. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I've been playing so poorly lately that I don't want to talk about it, much less record it here for longevity!    I've got excuses -- injured shoulder at Christmas, winter golf, took time off because of Covid, new course, different turf, yada yada yada....  Bottom line, piss-poor golf and frustrated.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

18 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

It’s amazing how quickly the years go by, Kenny.

I moved into Barefoot 12 years ago, and it doesn’t seem anywhere near that long. Living here, and having the opportunity to play the courses I do is something that never gets old. I love all four courses, but if I had to pick a favorite I’d go with the Dye Course.

This group I played with yesterday isn’t affiliated with Barefoot, it’s a travel league that usually has anywhere from 80-120 players (the bigger number is during the winter when the snowbirds come down). I don’t like to travel around much, as I’ve played everywhere down here a few times over, but I’ll join them a few times a year for Caledonia, True Blue, Tidewater, Pine Lakes, Thistle, TPC, Rivers Edge and some of my other favorites. We get a great discount, even during peak periods because of how big the group is. Playing a course like Caledonia in April or October for $55 is an unbelievable deal. Other than those 10-12 weeks, the only times I play outside Barefoot is when I’m playing in an Am Tour event.
It’s like @BIG STU mentioned a few weeks back, the locals tend to play very close to home. He has more clever names for each “group” but I stay up on the North End, Stu is down there with the Southies and then there’s the Myrtle guys in the middle. (I know that all sounds very West Side Story-ish, but In reality it’s just a bunch of older guys who like to stay near home)

Yeah I would say it is more than likely a 50 50 mix between the traveling groups and us hermits. Most guys when they first move down want to experience all the courses. Then after one had been down here a while they tend to settle down and stick to their section of the beach like I have done--- Yep I am one of the South Side Boys and the guys further down are known as The Pawleys Island bunch. I think it was October or November we had one of the traveling groups play a separate event along side our Saturday Scramble. I know some of those guys and they wanted me to join. They are a good group of guys  but at this stage of my life I enjoy sticking around Indigo Creek. I told them that but I appreciated the invite anyhow. 

Played the Shootout today--- I had figured out yesterday I needed My Rusty Scotty back in the bag and put it back in. Glad I did had an outstanding putting day. Actually had the best ball striking day I have had Post Accident. Had also put my Old Mac blades back in. Yeah they hit shorter but I can work them and know my distances. I did not push the issue today except one time I went after one with the driver and promptly rope hooked it into the hazard. But it was the only fairway I missed all day with the driver. The team which was a mixed team because we had a lady who is a good player along with her husband did so so we ended up at -6 and left more than likely 4 birdies out there. Out of 36 teams we ended up mid pack and mixed division of 10 teams we finished 4th. For me darn near everything I hit was solid. So on a individual note I was well pleased with myself. And even though I went back to steel shafts so far I have no pain or stiffness. I think my 3 days of extensive practice paid off both in the game and my physical being.

But I decided after last week no matter who wants me to play on what team if it is under 50* wet and cold I am not playing. Last week I lost all feel. this week I had all my feel back. Next week I have the same team> We did not win but this group is darn sure fun to play with

G

My wife and I played after a 2 hour frost delay, but it warmed up quickly to a sunny 50º.  We were paired with 2 guys; one only play 4-5 times a year, waiting for retirement; the other guy had a powerful swing but everything hooked left off the planet.  I think he probably lost a dozen balls.  

How do you shoot +3 on the front and +10 on the back??  After last weekend's high 90's score, I'm happy with an 85... but...but ...but I was +3 at the turn!!  Didn't make another par until #16.  The front nine I scrambled to make pars; on the back nine I couldn't chip or putt.  OK, try again tomorrow.

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

I've been playing so poorly lately that I don't want to talk about it, much less record it here for longevity!    I've got excuses -- injured shoulder at Christmas, winter golf, took time off because of Covid, new course, different turf, yada yada yada....  Bottom line, piss-poor golf and frustrated.  

I see I need more excuses... in case @Yellow Ball shows up again!!

8 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I see I need more excuses... in case @Yellow Ball shows up again!!

I should have been clear....I could always make those excuses, but they're not the real issue going on.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug