Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... The same way I shot 4 under on the front and 4 over on the back. You had a 7 stroke swing and I had an 8 stroke swing.  I certainly had some excuses but in the end that is just what they are. Excuses.  🤪  It is golf and anything can happen at any time for any reason. 🤦‍♂️

I've done it before; and I'm sure I will do it again.  Just frustrating every time it happens.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 minutes ago, Yellow Ball said:

In case I show up?

Always in the background taking notes!  I'm so looking forward to firing up the grill!

Grilled Yellow Balls....now there's a concept

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

3 hours ago, CarlH said:

I've been playing so poorly lately that I don't want to talk about it, much less record it here for longevity!    I've got excuses -- injured shoulder at Christmas, winter golf, took time off because of Covid, new course, different turf, yada yada yada....  Bottom line, piss-poor golf and frustrated.  

Rumor has it that hot balls is a leading cause of piss-poor golf and frustration.  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 hours ago, chisag said:

... The same way I shot 4 under on the front and 4 over on the back. You had a 7 stroke swing and I had an 8 stroke swing.  I certainly had some excuses but in the end that is just what they are. Excuses.  🤪  It is golf and anything can happen at any time for any reason. 🤦‍♂️

Kinda like us yesterday> We never scrambled for par but one time but we got it up and down. Among us we hit like 17 GIRS. I myself missed only one green and one fairway. Our greens were in the best shape they have been in a couple of years plus they had rolled them. We left a lot of birdies hanging I mean good putts that did not drop. I did manage to make a couple and everything I putted scared the hole and my partners putted well too just some things did not drop. But like I said it was a banner day for me personally. I had my steel shafted blades back in the bag and with my short swing and narrow stance had absolutely no pain or stiffness after the round or this morning. I think the combo of things I changed swing wise plus "Grinding" all week as my Pro put it helped too both golf wise and health wise

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 minutes ago, Yellow Ball said:

Well maybe try smoking them at a low temperature. This way when you hit one you can finally say you smoked one! 🤣

Smoky Balls??  Reminds me of the SNL Schweaddy Balls skit!  🤣

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Played a Stableford Format Tournament at the Cowboys Golf Course yesterday, with a little snow to start off the round and getting bone chilling cold at times with the 15-20mph winds. I was able to survive the winter frost bites and have a decent round. Hitting 86% of fairways and limiting the damage to 1 double bogey. 
I take that the last few round have been more consistent, with the Driver, Irons and chipping and putting continue to be steady.
I need to improve on the GIR still only 39% and that was a good day, i'm usually scrambling to make par , hence my chipping and putting has been solid most of the year.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

Played a very decent 88 yesterday… Hear me out lol it was cold for the first half, and I have no irons in the bag(I am waiting for my ZX7s to be shipped, sadly no update either). So it has been a real test of my game, wedges and bump and run 5 woods, which led to only 2 GIR. I had so many toe hooks it was scary, luckily my pro gave me his ZX 3 iron with the Nippon GOST, and it was my savior, the holes I used it off the tee were my par holes. It was long, straight and consistent, I am going to keep it in the bag as long as he will let me. I kept hitting driver because I am getting ready for my first competition on the 27th, and I wanted to try and work it out. All things considered it is really good to work on some shots I don’t typically find myself with, but I am really hoping Srixon will get my irons to me before my tournament. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

"That ain't it" pretty much sums up my round yesterday. The good news is that it was bad enough not to have any immediate impact on my handicap. Can't really blame it on anything other than not being prepared for the round. I didn't do anything to practice at home like I normally would between rounds and I didn't hit the range prior to teeing off.

Normally, I like to get to the course early and warm-up with a small bucket. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do that yesterday though. My Dad was in town for some stuff he had going on and stayed with us Sunday night. I thought he'd be heading back home to Missouri first thing in the morning, but he had some work calls to take care of and didn't hit the road until about 11:00. Naturally, that meant I gave up my range time to see him off.

"No big deal" I thought, "I'll still have a few minutes to get loose on the tee box". WRONG!!! My buddy and I got to the tee at 11:45 (our tee time was 12:00) and were asked by the marshall if we could pair with a single and go NOW. So, without even a single practice swing I tee'd off, and never felt 100% comfortable for the entire round. 

In spite of that, I still hit some good shots and rolled the putter well, but the first nine holes were marred with a number of penalties leading to a score of 51 gross (50 net). Righted the ship a bit on the second nine with a 43.

SO_2_14_22.png.bb422b2936a99a67e43a23748fbb05c0.png

It was a really weird day on the golf course as Southern Oaks was playing exceptionally firm. To paint a picture of that, I hit 3-iron on hole #8 to try and play for position. I thinned it a fraction to where the ball had a much more piercing flight and it didn't stop until it was 250 yards away!!! We had to yell "FORE" to the group ahead. It was unreal! I hit two similar(ish) shots on hole #1 as well. Hybrid off the tee that went 268, and a punch 3-iron to get under some tree limbs that rolled out to about 220. Yet somehow, I did not notch a single drive over 300. 🤯

I almost didn't bother to even record yesterday's round given the unusual circumstances but decided to mark it down as a reminder of how important a good warm-up is to a successful day on the golf course.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Monday morning 7:20 Tee Time 39*!!  Only myself and 1 other guy showed up.  We played 1 hole and bailed.  Went straight to the Diner and there was the rest of the group, all 12 of them!!

Tuesday is a different group, 7:20 Tee Time again, 37* and everyone showed & played.  I played better than expected only 3 bogies & 1 bird for 2 over.  Not bad for a frozen Ole Fart👍 

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

20 hours ago, cjeffs12 said:

Played a very decent 88 yesterday… Hear me out lol it was cold for the first half, and I have no irons in the bag(I am waiting for my ZX7s to be shipped, sadly no update either). So it has been a real test of my game, wedges and bump and run 5 woods, which led to only 2 GIR. I had so many toe hooks it was scary, luckily my pro gave me his ZX 3 iron with the Nippon GOST, and it was my savior, the holes I used it off the tee were my par holes. It was long, straight and consistent, I am going to keep it in the bag as long as he will let me. I kept hitting driver because I am getting ready for my first competition on the 27th, and I wanted to try and work it out. All things considered it is really good to work on some shots I don’t typically find myself with, but I am really hoping Srixon will get my irons to me before my tournament. 

Hope you get your new irons. But sometimes playing with just a few clubs will sharpen your game and you can become more versatile. Before I got hurt I played quite a few vintage rounds with 5 classic clubs. It will give one insight and for me it is fun thinking out and creating different shots

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

46 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Hope you get your new irons. But sometimes playing with just a few clubs will sharpen your game and you can become more versatile. Before I got hurt I played quite a few vintage rounds with 5 classic clubs. It will give one insight and for me it is fun thinking out and creating different shots

That is so true, it has been really fun and frustrating at times. I’m having to see the course in a new way, and if anything in the long run this will help my mental game for sure. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

21 hours ago, Rickp said:

Monday morning 7:20 Tee Time 39*!!  Only myself and 1 other guy showed up.  We played 1 hole and bailed.  Went straight to the Diner and there was the rest of the group, all 12 of them!!

Tuesday is a different group, 7:20 Tee Time again, 37* and everyone showed & played.  I played better than expected only 3 bogies & 1 bird for 2 over.  Not bad for a frozen Ole Fart👍 

39* well you did better than me--- I would have never left the house because I know darn well no way my back and legs would function

G

32 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

39* well you did better than me--- I would have never left the house because I know darn well no way my back and legs would function

There was no wind at all in morning, any wind and we were gone!!  I personally don’t like under 50*.

Rick

Left Hand, 

6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

My wife's brother from Seattle came to visit and we played yesterday; one of Martha's ladies league friends rounded out our foursome.  I thought she was a decent golfer... I was wrong!!  She hit a few good shots, but a lot of bad ones.  She quit after 9 holes... that took 2.5 hours!!  We finished the the back nine in 1.5 hours.

I had a so-so day.  Shot 84 with a triple, a double, and several bogeys, but I did have 2 birdies... unusual for me.  Both came by sticking PW shots by the pin.  For some reason I could not get the line right on putts; I know these greens pretty well, but I was seeing breaks that weren't there... missing on the high side.  

Will be playing again today before my BIL heads home.  Good weather... 60º and sunny.

I have found out in my experience of greens I know well to go off of experience and instinct. Yeah especially on greens I know like the back of my hand at my home course. 2 weeks ago I was seeing breaks with my eyes I knew darn well were not there so I went off of my experience and instinct and did ok. not a stellar or even normal putting day for me because it was cold and wet and honestly I could not feel my hands. But a couple of my partners went off my reads and putted well

G

Windy day.  Didn't putt particularly well, missing several that were not that hard.  Shot an 82.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

Windy day.  Didn't putt particularly well, missing several that were not that hard.  Shot an 82.

Me too... book end 41's at Desert Hills.  Not real windy but seemed to be coming from different directions every few holes - which is not typical. I had 3 flop gap wedge shots that were not supposed to be flop shots 🤬.  I slid right under all three and came up woefully short.  What is even more aggravating is that the divot and line was perfect.  Just another sub 80 round opportunity down the drain.

Dive Toilet GIF - Dive Toilet Funny Edit - Discover & Share GIFs

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

18 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I have found out in my experience of greens I know well to go off of experience and instinct. Yeah especially on greens I know like the back of my hand at my home course.

... Always been that way for me too. But my home course here in Phoenix has the most difficult to read greens I have ever played. There are very few flat spots and so much of the greens surface look flat but there are ever so subtle, uneven areas and 2 putts from 10 feet away even 10 inches apart can do 2 different things. One straight and the other breaks a few inches juuuuuust enough to miss the hole. I know all the "tendencies" like which direction it breaks or doesn't break and which are faster or slower but the subtleties are impossible to fully know on just one green let alone all 18. I will say it keeps things interesting even though it can be frustrating at times. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

@CarlH and @fixyurdivot I got you guys by one shot... 81.

Played again with Martha and her brother from Seattle.  Remember last weekend when I shot +3 on the front nine and +10 on the back nine??  Today I was +8 on the front nine and +1 on the back nine.  The difference today:   I was still putting poorly on the front nine, but found my stroke on the back nine.  

I am hitting my MacGregor irons great, and I am getting closer to the pin with my short irons since I looked back at the specs. I thought the PW was 46º... it's 48º.  The 9i is 43º.  😂  No wonder all of my short approaches in Palm Springs came up short!!!

39° this morning, so I had on 2 shirts, 2 sweatshirts, and a down vest. Shot 7 over. At the turn I stripped off the vest and one sweatshirt and shot a -1 on the back…

hard to play in cold all layered up.

id give anything to find something to wear that would keep me  warm, and allow a free swing…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

3 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

39° this morning, so I had on 2 shirts, 2 sweatshirts, and a down vest. Shot 7 over. At the turn I stripped off the vest and one sweatshirt and shot a -1 on the back…

hard to play in cold all layered up.

id give anything to find something to wear that would keep me  warm, and allow a free swing…

When we played the other morning it was 39*.  I wore a Cotton long sleeve shirt, 1/4 zip mid weight sweat shirt and a 1/4 zip windbreaker with shorts.  Still too bulky.

Rick

Left Hand, 

24 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

😝

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

50 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Now, I'm really pi$$ed off that I missed that 5 foot birdie putt and that 4 foot putt for par! 😄 😄 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

When we played the other morning it was 39*.  I wore a Cotton long sleeve shirt, 1/4 zip mid weight sweat shirt and a 1/4 zip windbreaker with shorts.  Still too bulky.

It was 52º and sunny when we teed off today.  I wore long pants, base layer under a golf shirt, merino wool sweater vest, cotton pullover, and a wind breaker vest.  Wind out of the north at 10-15 mph.  I was warm, but my fingers were cold.  It's interesting that my left hand with a golf glove on is colder than my bare right hand.

On 2/15/2022 at 10:54 AM, Rickp said:

Put me in with the Monday group, please. When it’s under 40* I’m all about the diner! 😉

Driver:         :ping-small:   G425 Max 10.5* 

Fairway:     :ping-small:   G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

:callaway-small:      Paradym  21*

Hybrids:      :callaway-small:      Rogue ST Max OS  24* 

Irons:          :cleveland-small:  Launcher XL Halo 6-DW

Wedges:     :cleveland-small:  CBX Zipcore 54-12

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:        :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

:OnCore: Elixir 

:1590477705_SunMountain:  2.5 14 way Black