Thanks mate! 😀

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

17 hours ago, BIG STU said:

And you know well I have a head full of long dark hair because you have seen me in person

True, you had hair down to your shoulders. If I didn't ask the course owner if he knew where you were I wouldn't have recognized you. So its time to update your profile picture or cut your hair so us folicially challenged individuals aren't so jealous. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

21 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So its time to update your profile picture or cut your hair so us folicially challenged individuals aren't so jealous. 

... No need for jealousness. Haircuts (with tip) can get pretty expensive. 😇

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... No need for jealousness. Haircuts (with tip) can get pretty expensive. 😇

Looking at all my relatives, I realized my destiny. So 20 years ago with still a full head of hair I shaved it off. Purchased electric clippers for $25.00 and still have them. Twice a week shave the head down to stubles. 

Now here is some solid logic. If you get a haircut 4 times a year at $30.00 plus a $5.00 tip. I save $140.00 a year to use toward golf equipment. Since shaving I saved $2800.00. Since I don't purchase new golf equipment often I can fully justify picking up a new driver and bag this year. Probably still have $2,000 worth of head shave credit. 🤣

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Looking at all my relatives, I realized my destiny. So 20 years ago with still a full head of hair I shaved it off. Purchased electric clippers for $25.00 and still have them. Twice a week shave the head down to stubles. 

Now here is some solid logic. If you get a haircut 4 times a year at $30.00 plus a $5.00 tip. I save $140.00 a year to use toward golf equipment. Since shaving I saved $2800.00. Since I don't purchase new golf equipment often I can fully justify picking up a new driver and bag this year. Probably still have $2,000 worth of head shave credit. 🤣

I like the way you think. It's brilliant!

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

... Solid logic indeed! You have convinced me to shave my head and save $2800. But maybe not today. Or next week. But a definite maybe in 2024. Or later. But now that I think of it ... my haircuts are tax deductible as an actor. Ok, never mind. 🤪

Had a odd and frustrating round today. I struggled so bad off the tee. I was battling the hooks with the driver, but every other club in the bag was good. I was just blocked out too many times off the tee to be able to hit a green. I stopped after nine holes and got a bucket of balls. It took all of 5 shots, and an alignment stick on the ground to tell I was just lined up so far left. I have another tee time scheduled for tomorrow, so hopefully it will be better tomorrow. 

Score 45

FIR 3/7

GIR 1/9 

Putts 18

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

23 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Solid logic indeed! You have convinced me to shave my head and save $2800. But maybe not today. Or next week. But a definite maybe in 2024. Or later. But now that I think of it ... my haircuts are tax deductible as an actor. Ok, never mind. 🤪

Interesting. Tax deductible haircuts. I would have never thought that was a thing.

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

I like the way you think. It's brilliant!

I'm in Sales, we can twist anything around.

Just now, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'm in Sales, we can twist anything around.

... Me too. The only difference is my product is me. Big difference compared to business is a client can really like you but not like your product. I am my product so no sale means they just don't like ME.  😳  Years of personal rejection is why so many actors burn out and chose another profession. 

35 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Me too. The only difference is my product is me. Big difference compared to business is a client can really like you but not like your product. I am my product so no sale means they just don't like ME.  😳  Years of personal rejection is why so many actors burn out and chose another profession. 

Are they rejecting you or who you are trying to be?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Are they rejecting you or who you are trying to be?

... A good actor brings part of themselves to every audition and every role. So in essence they are rejecting you. Actors that don't bring a big part of themselves are not in the business very long or at least not very successful. And believe me certain roles where you have to explore your darkest side can really take a toll. From Heath Ledgers Wikipedia page:

In an interview with Sarah Lyall, published in The New York Times on 4 November 2007, Ledger stated that he often could not sleep when taking on roles, and that the role of the Joker in The Dark Knight (2008) was causing his usual insomnia: "Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night. ... I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going."[80] At that time, he told Lyall that he had taken two Ambien pills, after taking just one had not sufficed, and those left him in "a stupor, only to wake up an hour later, his mind still racing".[32]

Speaking to Interview magazine after Ledger's death, Michelle Williams confirmed reports that the actor had experienced trouble sleeping: "For as long as I'd known him, he had bouts with insomnia. He had too much energy. His mind was turning, turning, turning – always turning"

3 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Your on to something 😁

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

After Covid began, my wife started cutting my hair. We already had the clippers. She puts the #3 guard on and goes at it. I love it! Heck, after being married for 45 years, I could have saved about $15K if she had started back in 1977. 😁

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

44 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

After Covid began, my wife started cutting my hair. We already had the clippers. She puts the #3 guard on and goes at it. I love it! Heck, after being married for 45 years, I could have saved about $15K if she had started back in 1977. 😁

We’ve been married since 1967!!! 
“Coulda been somebody”😜. Not really, the Kids and Gkids would have spent the money saved.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Very disappointing round today. I talked yesterday about my Saturday league changing the flighting, and with that, the tee box I would play. Moving up one wasn’t an issue, in fact I enjoyed it. The Love course at Barefoot is our toughest plus I enjoyed hitting different clubs off the tee and on approach shots.

The issue was… me. On the first hole I hit what I thought was a perfect 8 iron, but it did the one thing you can’t do on that hole. It barely trickled off the back, but that was enough to send it down a steep slope ending up about 20 yards at the base off the hill. I chipped back on but 3 putted for double. Then I made a mess of the par 5 2nd, making a snowman.

Two holes in, 5 over.🙄 Things improved from there and I finished the 9 with a 45. The back was basically bogey/par until I got to the par 5 18th where I choked like a dog. I hit a good drive, cleared a waste area with a good second shot and had 105 in. That’s kind of an in between numbers for me and with water immediately off the left side of the green I didn’t want to hit a hard gap wedge. I tried to hit an easy PW, but deceled badly. I hit a low screamer that rolled off the left side into the thick marsh grass at the water’s edge. Took an unplayable chipped on, and missed a 3 footer for a 7 which gave me a 90.

So much for my plan to win gross, and my net 80 wasn’t going to do me any good. The only good news was apparently bogey golf isn’t horrible in this flight. I placed 5th in gross and got my $20 back. That PW and missed putt on 18 cost me about $50 though. It’s not so much the money, it’s the horrible feeling knowing you choked in a “big” moment.

Driver:         :ping-small:   G425 Max 10.5* 

Fairway:     :ping-small:   G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

:callaway-small:      Paradym  21*

Hybrids:      :callaway-small:      Rogue ST Max OS  24* 

Irons:          :cleveland-small:  Launcher XL Halo 6-DW

Wedges:     :cleveland-small:  CBX Zipcore 54-12

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:        :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

:OnCore: Elixir 

:1590477705_SunMountain:  2.5 14 way Black

My wife and I went to play this morning... 46º with wind out of the north.  We were a twosome behind a bunch of foursomes.  We were supposed to be paired with another twosome, but they must have bailed.  We weren't playing slowly, but we waited on the group ahead on every shot and that got old... and cold!  We both birdied the first hole and it went downhill from there.  I didn't have any bad holes; just a bunch of bogeys.  Shot +5 for the front nine and quit.  The wind was picking up to 15+mph.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Another tale of two nines day.  Shot gun start and we start on 13, so it isn't a case of being tired.  8 shot difference between the front and back.  Started on 13 and par 13,14,15 (which is the course signature Los Tres Diablos), bogey 16, then par 17, 18.  Make the turn with a par on 1, then things go sideways, including back to back to back doubles on 4,5,6 to shoot a 46 on the front side.  Back to 10 with a bogey, then finish par, par for a 38 on the backside.  All of the doubles were due to wedge play.  Our course is dormant grass with thin lies and then wet dirt below that thin lie and it's playing havoc on my shots.  Just can't seem to figure them out.   I'm sure most of it is just mental, as I don't seem to have issues like that when I practice.  I've played this course when the course is not dormant and didn't have these issues....so come on Spring!!!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

9 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Very disappointing round today. I talked yesterday about my Saturday league changing the flighting, and with that, the tee box I would play. Moving up one wasn’t an issue, in fact I enjoyed it. The Love course at Barefoot is our toughest plus I enjoyed hitting different clubs off the tee and on approach shots.

The issue was… me. On the first hole I hit what I thought was a perfect 8 iron, but it did the one thing you can’t do on that hole. It barely trickled off the back, but that was enough to send it down a steep slope ending up about 20 yards at the base off the hill. I chipped back on but 3 putted for double. Then I made a mess of the par 5 2nd, making a snowman.

Two holes in, 5 over.🙄 Things improved from there and I finished the 9 with a 45. The back was basically bogey/par until I got to the par 5 18th where I choked like a dog. I hit a good drive, cleared a waste area with a good second shot and had 105 in. That’s kind of an in between numbers for me and with water immediately off the left side of the green I didn’t want to hit a hard gap wedge. I tried to hit an easy PW, but deceled badly. I hit a low screamer that rolled off the left side into the thick marsh grass at the water’s edge. Took an unplayable chipped on, and missed a 3 footer for a 7 which gave me a 90.

So much for my plan to win gross, and my net 80 wasn’t going to do me any good. The only good news was apparently bogey golf isn’t horrible in this flight. I placed 5th in gross and got my $20 back. That PW and missed putt on 18 cost me about $50 though. It’s not so much the money, it’s the horrible feeling knowing you choked in a “big” moment.

It never did warm up as warm as the Weather Gurus said it would. We had a full field 36 teams I basically had the same team as last week minus one member. We had a new guy who just moved right around the corner from me. He actually joined the club yesterday and is well satisfied at Indigo. So now I have a golf bud for the week. He does still work but from home. We did not play well at all and we were out of it by our 10 th hole at +2. Personally we had a ball of fun and with us being out of it I did some experimenting. What blew my mind was I actually double crossed myself with the fairway metals not once but 3 times. not a pull hook or snap hook but an honest double cross draw hook. Did it twice with the 3 wood and 1 time with of all things my 7 wood. As long as I have carried that 7 wood I have can never remember ever hitting a hook with it. Something is rotten in Denmark on my end because both of those clubs are set up for hitting a cut. I had an up and down day with everything else. But my wedge play was good. Earlier in the week I had put my old beloved rusty 588s back in the bag. Now I love that PM wedge I have been carrying but distance control had became an issue for me with it. With my old friends I know what I can and can not do with them. With us experimenting I think we ended up at +4 but it was a moot point. I do not think we even turned the card in. But it was fun and like I said I had an up and down day personally. I know last week with one other different player we shot like -6 and was mid pack so I did not see the need to even turn a card in and my partners agreed. Kinda a up and down day for me but pain and stiffness free after the round and this morning. That is a big plus--

Honestly assessing my game I think I would have ended up shooting around 80 to 84 if playing my ball. Hit the driver and wedges well and putted well but was just sporadic on approaches. Did not hit the ball bad per say contact wise but had a 2 way miss going. Those double cross hooks really messed with my  head to some extent

Edited by BIG STU

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

18 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

True, you had hair down to your shoulders. If I didn't ask the course owner if he knew where you were I wouldn't have recognized you. So its time to update your profile picture or cut your hair so us folicially challenged individuals aren't so jealous. 

That Avatar pic it was long in fact longer than you saw it was just in a ponytail. When you saw me it was down. I have the sides cut a little different now so I wear it down and dirty so to speak. It is not dirty per say but you know what I mean.

On the Avatar that pic and set up was done by a friend of mine who is a computer genius some years ago. He actually taught computer at CCU but has moved on to a bigger school for I hope more$$$$. I am the most computer klutz person you will ever meet. I had enough trouble with the old Frankenstein computer I had which finally blew up. I have had this one now a little over a year and it works different. It is an altogether different format and works. In addition to that I have a new Smart Phone that I can not work. Had to go to a new one after 8 years because of all this 3g to 5 g BS. My new friend who just moved into the condos at Indian Wells does some computer work and I think he is going to help me some. So maybe I will update on that end

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

42/39 at Las Barrancas yesterday.  Sunny, 75F, and a pleasant 5-7 mph wind.  Looking back from the elevated, 3 tiered green on the par 5 #11.  This green is treacherous if the flag is on the bottom tier and you have to putt (or worse chip) back down.  It's nearly impossible.  We even tried just dropping balls from the top and middle edge/shelf and they just roll past the hole and get stopped by the fringe.  Years past they mowed that front green fringe and it was pretty much all the way back down the hill 😬.  I think the locals grumped about it enough that they now provide the backstop - as it seemed a bit unfair.

And, putting from the bottom up is no picnic either.  I'm guessing it's about 8 feet elevation and the second tier crosses at an angle.  Leave it short and your toast 😆.  That's the putt I had yesterday but thankfully managed to get it to within 5 feet and saved the par.

LB_11.jpg.0837b1a5c51b937cc0a909568a8f7a03.jpg

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Played both Saturday and Sunday with  a 93 and 94 respectively. I'm still struggling with the Bermuda (with over seeded Rye) greens here in Florida. I'm sure that by the time I get use to them it'll be time to head north to the Bentgrass greens. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

26 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I was planning on playing today with a buddy from work, but he had to cancel due to some things going on at home. I decided to go solo, as I was suggesting Bear Trace at Harrison Bay and the tee sheet was wide open in the morning. 

20220221_075507-01.jpeg.77627a0299d238c259b8136415b1299e.jpeg

It's a course I've only played one other time and I've yet to play it in the summer when it's not dormant, I bet it's beautiful then. One of the things I love about it is the fact I usually see wildlife since its in a state park.

20220221_084146-01.jpeg.a3d5a4314f14478ab45cd1ca4e1463b8.jpeg20220221_084142-01.jpeg.0fad1378a8f5d5a1ce6adfb0e61df553.jpeg

It's also a very nice looking course, but I will say it doesn't set up too well for my game. I think Jack Nicklaus has a fetish for high lipped bunkers. Let's just say my sand game is horrendous. I got a lot of practice hitting out of the same bunker after the ball came flying back at me.

20220221_085219-01.jpeg.a30660cf71ecbfe9c1ee1fbd796b487c.jpeg20220221_093749-01.jpeg.f43067f0aa4966b3123cc5030b002232.jpeg20220221_111724-01.jpeg.16cd2dff9c2b6b72adec1e2885759bef.jpeg20220221_104058-01.jpeg.e6fca4389d87cd7c89b3749066874b7e.jpeg

My game was not quite on today and I shot the worst score I've ever recorded. The damage was 63/67 130. No part of my game was on and I might have hit 5 good shots on the day. I abandoned my driver on the 9th hole, opting for my fairway woods. I lost so many balls that I think it brought the cost of my round up to about $100. 

I had to fight the urge to list my clubs on eBay right there on the course at least three times and fought the desire to walk off the course on more than a few occasions. 

It'll get better, at least I was in the course getting to enjoy the beautiful day. 

Jason, just give this one to the Devils of Golf and hit the delete from cache button. I'll bet that course is quite spectacular when the grass restarts.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

37 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I was planning on playing today with a buddy from work, but he had to cancel due to some things going on at home. I decided to go solo, as I was suggesting Bear Trace at Harrison Bay and the tee sheet was wide open in the morning. 

20220221_075507-01.jpeg.77627a0299d238c259b8136415b1299e.jpeg

It's a course I've only played one other time and I've yet to play it in the summer when it's not dormant, I bet it's beautiful then. One of the things I love about it is the fact I usually see wildlife since its in a state park.

20220221_084146-01.jpeg.a3d5a4314f14478ab45cd1ca4e1463b8.jpeg20220221_084142-01.jpeg.0fad1378a8f5d5a1ce6adfb0e61df553.jpeg

It's also a very nice looking course, but I will say it doesn't set up too well for my game. I think Jack Nicklaus has a fetish for high lipped bunkers. Let's just say my sand game is horrendous. I got a lot of practice hitting out of the same bunker after the ball came flying back at me.

20220221_085219-01.jpeg.a30660cf71ecbfe9c1ee1fbd796b487c.jpeg20220221_093749-01.jpeg.f43067f0aa4966b3123cc5030b002232.jpeg20220221_111724-01.jpeg.16cd2dff9c2b6b72adec1e2885759bef.jpeg20220221_104058-01.jpeg.e6fca4389d87cd7c89b3749066874b7e.jpeg

My game was not quite on today and I shot the worst score I've ever recorded. The damage was 63/67 130. No part of my game was on and I might have hit 5 good shots on the day. I abandoned my driver on the 9th hole, opting for my fairway woods. I lost so many balls that I think it brought the cost of my round up to about $100. 

I had to fight the urge to list my clubs on eBay right there on the course at least three times and fought the desire to walk off the course on more than a few occasions. 

It'll get better, at least I was in the course getting to enjoy the beautiful day. 

It amazes me to see how the grass goes dormant down there completely like that, uo here it’s still partially green. 
beautiful course, keep on keepin on! Next round will be better

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

14 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Jason, just give this one to the Devils of Golf and hit the delete from cache button. I'll bet that course is quite spectacular when the grass restarts.  

5 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

It amazes me to see how the grass goes dormant down there completely like that, uo here it’s still partially green. 
beautiful course, keep on keepin on! Next round will be better

Thanks guys! I'm already pretty much over the beat down I took him the course after coming home and talking about it with my wife. She thinks I'm trying to fix too many broken things at once and suggested cutting it down into bite sized pieces and going from there.

She's probably right, as always. I've got way too many thoughts standing over the ball and I need to simplify things. I think sometimes the brain gets in the way of progress. 

2 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Thanks guys! I'm already pretty much over the beat down I took him the course after coming home and talking about it with my wife. She thinks I'm trying to fix too many broken things at once and suggested cutting it down into bite sized pieces and going from there.

She's probably right, as always. I've got way too many thoughts standing over the ball and I need to simplify things. I think sometimes the brain gets in the way of progress. 

100% agree with her, little but at a time. Small increments. 
look at it like troubleshooting equipment. If you’re looking at every little factor you might as well replace the equipment because the whole thing is broke. When really of you correct the little things first maybe the bigger problems go away

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

8 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

My partner and I played the 3rd round of our 4 round tournament today. We placed 1st and 7th in the previous two, and get to drop the worst of the 4 after Thursday’s final round. We played the Love Course at Barefoot, the same course where on Saturday I choked like a dog on 18 and shot 90. Today was 9 strokes better, and I sunk a 20 foot par putt on that 18th hole today! What a different feeling from 48 hours ago!
We’re playing 2 man Stableford combined score and even with 2 minuses on my card I still but up 42 points by myself. My partner gets 10 more than me, but he played to his cap, and earned 31. We won our 16 team flight easily, and I won the individual comp also. That gives us 2 first place finishes and if we put up another good number on the Dye Course in 3 days and can drop our 2nd round score I like our chances to win this thing.   🤞🏻 

One more thing….

This game is like a roller coaster of emotions @sirchunksalot. I know just how you felt today. That was me two days ago. It’s very easy to tell people to shrug it off, but when it’s ourselves who are struggling, the pain is real. It’s hard to have fun when you’re not playing as well as you feel you should, believe me, I know.
This game, as much as I love it, is the most frustrating one I’ve ever played. My game really took a step backward last year, and I’m fighting to get back to where I was. I hope you know how much I and everyone else here want to see you turn things around. You deserve that as much as anyone here. I can’t wait for the day it happens Jason.

Best of luck to you as you finish out your tournament! I can't imagine the pure elation you must have had draining that 20 footer foot par. I'm really rooting for you and I hope we get the news that you guys came out on top. 

I appreciate the encouragement, it means a lot. This is the most confounding, aggravating, discouraging, beautiful, wonderful, amazing game and I can't wait to get out and try it again.