MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

Rough night in league last night, especially at the beginning. I was +7 after two freakin' holes with two lost balls and 3-putts on both greens. Fortunately, I somewhat straightened things out and was +6 over the remaining 7 holes (with another 3-putt). I did par the hardest hole on the course, which was playing into the stiff breeze we had after the rain cleared out. It was also the first time in a long time I have lost 3 balls in 9 holes, two of which were skulled wedges over the green and into the woods. I was happy to find 2 dozen golf balls had been delivered when I got home (Father's Day gift from youngest daughter) - it appears I will need them for our Sunday MGS outing.

I have a self-imposed rule - if I lose a sleeve of balls in a single round, I switch to whatever I have found and kept in my bag. The last three holes I played a Bridgestone Tour BX I had found. Wow, I think I love that ball. I may have to consider buy some to test head-to-head with the Z-Star.

• Like 5

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Rough night in league play... got caught in a 20 minute downpour and was hitting the ball all over the course.  Had a couple of good looks after some insane recovery shots, but couldn't put anything together.  Hit a couple of pulls, hit a couple of blocks... i guess that's what happens when you take a week in between playing

• Like 5

WITB

Driver: Titleist TS2 10.5º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17º w/ Even Flow

Titleist 816 H1 21º & 25º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Irons (6-PW): Srixon 765 w/ Project X LZ

Wedges: 50º Ping Glide, 54º & 60º PXG 0311

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

The last three holes I played a Bridgestone Tour BX I had found. Wow, I think I love that ball. I may have to consider buy some to test head-to-head with the Z-Star.

You might find that you “really” like that ball..😉

• Like 3

Currently testing for review:

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 StifF

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Down in WV at the Greenbrier and today I had the pleasure of playing the Old White. Played as a single with just me and my caddy and what a blast. Shot 76’from the tips playing at 7,500 and no role. Just a fun place to play.

The interesting part of my round came before I played. There was a junior tournament on one of the other courses and one of the kids playing was in the putting green when I backed my cart up from the range to go putt. His father came over to tell me how rude I was to interrupt his routine on the putting green and I should apologize. Of corse my stock answer as hell f’in no. Well I grabbed my putter and went to too roll some putts, at which point he tells his son to work on his putting so he doesn’t end up like me with a long putter. Said it loud enough and in my direction to get a response. Told him Old White from the tips, zero shots and $100 a hole...let’s f’in go.

Of course he found reasons to not play and well I had fun then saw his kid is DFL in the event and thinking it is so he can get out of dealing with his father. No Ill will at all to the kid but his father can bite me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately too many “Dads” like that.
Great score, awesome course!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Unfortunately too many “Dads” like that.
Great score, awesome course!

Wish the the @sshole day played me, would have one $1800. My caddy told me it was the lowest number he saw an AM shoot from the tips in the last decade.

• Like 5

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Wish the the @sshole day played me, would have one $1800. My caddy told me it was the lowest number he saw an AM shoot from the tips in the last decade.

You would never have gotten paid but fun humiliating his butt.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Maybe. But I am a NY’er via Philly with a 100% Italian wife. I know means to collect :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

20 minutes ago, Rickp said:

13 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Maybe. But I am a NY’er via Philly with a 100% Italian wife. I know means to collect 🙂

"Hey Moose... Rocco.  Help the judge find his checkbook."    🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

- 43 (+7)
- 0/7 FIR
- 2/9 GIR
- 18 Putts (9 2-putts - at least I'm consistent!)

Took today, tomorrow and Friday off of work to spend some time with the wife and work on house projects. She suggested going to play a round in a cart this afternoon, so I played while she enjoyed a Bloody Mary and rode along. She's 13 months removed from a less-than-stellar shoulder surgery and is finally on the mend, so hopefully this is the last time she is only able to ride along because she would definitely prefer to be playing.

Seven bogeys and two pars. Scrambled well but couldn't chip or get a putt to drop.

Rough day off the tee - left, left, right, long, left, right, left. Punched out from 2-3 foot tall grass on No. 1, got really cozy with a pine tree on No. 5 (managed to crouch and choke up on the steel of my wedge to punch it out) and just generally struggled with the tee game today. Ironically I hit and parred both par threes, which is the first time I've done that this year (and perhaps, ever).

Still, I could have shot at least a few strokes better if I could chip. Had great opportunities for chip-and-downs on Nos. 1 (just behind green), 2 (just behind green), 3 (just short of green) and 4 (just behind green) and did not hit a single chip within one-putt range.

We had planned on 18 holes but the course was busy, so after nine holes I elected to pack it in and participate in the Bloody Mary drinking. Nice way to spend an afternoon!

• Like 4

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.8 (Last Updated July 25, 2020)

2020 MGS #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE PARTICIPANT #TEAMSCALVESLIKEPHIL - Check out all of the action over here!

#CC4 WITB (Cobra x Vessel SpeedZone Stand Bag)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
4-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos

First round with the Honma irons and shot 78 from the tips (7100) at Pine Dunes in Frankston, TX. The course rating and slope from the tips is 74.4/131. I played very well. I left so many putts just to the right of the holes. I hit 44% of the greens just because of distance and aim adjustments. GIR were 2 on the front, 6 on the back. Driver was on fire again, hitting 71% of fairways, and putting was at a 1.61 avg. Irons were great! One miss left due to a bad swing. I had a ton of confidence once I got the yardages in my head.

This course was once rated by Golfweek as the “Best Course in Texas”. Great layout, great conditions, greens roll so true.... Second time here, and it’s one of my favorites. Thinking man’s course!!! $40!!! 

58AE4023-F7E1-4B66-9170-FAC810502E41.jpeg

• Like 9

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

4 minutes ago, PMookie said:

First round with the Honma irons and shot 78 from the tips (7100) at Pine Dunes in Frankston, TX. The course rating and slope from the tips is 74.4/131. I played very well. I left so many putts just to the right of the holes. I hit 44% of the greens just because of distance and aim adjustments. GIR were 2 on the front, 6 on the back. Driver was on fire again, hitting 71% of fairways, and putting was at a 1.61 avg. Irons were great! One miss left due to a bad swing. I had a ton of confidence once I got the yardages in my head.

This course was once rated by Golfweek as the “Best Course in Texas”. Great layout, great conditions, greens roll so true.... Second time here, and it’s one of my favorites. Thinking man’s course!!! $40!!! 

Damn it’s always great to have a fantastic course for short money! He’ll of a round with new irons no less good work!. What did you chalk up the front 9 green misses? Strictly not knowing distances with the new clubs?

• Like 4

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

22 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Great round, especially with the new irons. I'm glad you got to go out and enjoy them! 

Edit: I just looked up photos of the course and its beautiful! At $40 that's a steal.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Damn it’s always great to have a fantastic course for short money! He’ll of a round with new irons no less good work!. What did you chalk up the front 9 green misses? Strictly not knowing distances with the new clubs?

Yes, plus finding “today’s swing”... I was a little hesitant with where I was aiming due to my two-way miss, so once I knew it wouldn’t be there I was good. I came-up short on three. On 17, after a 290 yard drive, I was still 215 out into a slight wind... Came-up short there because there wasn’t anywhere to miss. 

• Like 6

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Played Homestead Farms in Lynden, and went 46-46 for 20-over-par 92, my personal best at that course (net score of -2), but the two nines couldn't have looked any more different.

Front nine was full of highs and lows. Triple bogey on 1 and 4, but managed to get to the green in 2 on the par-5 third hole and 3-putt for par, one of three pars that 9.

Back nine I totally lost my touch with the putter (20 putts on back 9) but managed to grind out a bunch of really tough bogeys, and ended the day with a GIR+3 putt bogey on 18, the signature hole with an island green (I've been told it's the only par 5 hole with an island green in Washington State, but I can't confirm that).

IMG_1914.JPG

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Currently testing the  EXPUTT Putting Simulator

Driver - :nike-small: Vapor Speed, 9.5°, Fubuki Z50 S
Hybrid - Warrior 3H

Irons - :wilson_staff_small: D200 5-GW, uniflex, std length/loft/lie
Wedges - :cleveland-small: CBX 52°, 58°
Putter - :1332069271_TommyArmour: Torch 03

Ball - :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Today is my usual Thursday ( day off from work ) round of golf with my buddies. But we have had over 10" rain since Monday and here is our radar today.

image.png.3a5419f5d63945092a58e3bbe9f93916.png50-60% thunderstorms throughout the day.

I have a Tournament set for Saturday and the forecast looks  good for play except for the Sahara dust coming in 😷.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

https://youtu.be/PrzaZWGoZKYBeautiful round today. We are in a drought right now but the greens at the local club are just immaculate. I had a very good day started par, bird, par and ended 37 (+2). Little stumble in the middle but was not in bad positions and could have easily went par on 4 instead of bogey (3 putt). 6 was a bogey and could have been par shorted myself on the chip and left myself a 10'.

IMG_4697.PNG.ea902d5210564d110229ac3e37230592.PNG

I was very happy with 2 good stretches of pars/bird (1). Been working on my hip rotation and am not quite there yet but felt so much better today and it showed on my fairway %. Was dialed in on greens as well with 66% GIR. If I played 18 today I would have been confident going 7/9 on the next side.

IMG_4699.PNG.26c6c4d0f8599d356b49b45235dc250b.PNG

Drive average is still not where I want it to be but cannot complain hitting fairways.

No pictures just videos today but the course was beautiful.

• Like 6

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

13 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

Played Homestead Farms in Lynden, and went 46-46 for 20-over-par 92, my personal best at that course (net score of -2), but the two nines couldn't have looked any more different.

Front nine was full of highs and lows. Triple bogey on 1 and 4, but managed to get to the green in 2 on the par-5 third hole and 3-putt for par, one of three pars that 9.

Back nine I totally lost my touch with the putter (20 putts on back 9) but managed to grind out a bunch of really tough bogeys, and ended the day with a GIR+3 putt bogey on 18, the signature hole with an island green (I've been told it's the only par 5 hole with an island green in Washington State, but I can't confirm that).

IMG_1914.JPG

now that's a nice looking finisher.  Beautiful photo!

• Like 1

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

Played well today for the first real time out this year. Shot an 81 but I moved up a tee box because I have been struggling mightily off the tee. Low and behold off the team I was fine everything else was pretty rough. Except for putting which was on point even under slow green conditions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3