MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

I'm about a week behind on this one.

Played last Saturday. Driving has been horrendus, popping up everything. Long irons are still struggling, short irons and chipping are on point and saving me right now. Just one three putt for the day which is a win. Ended up with a cool 89.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

What I will say, as if I needed a reminder, is I'm old (maybe just older) and I can't just rush to the tee box anymore.  42, and active and working out enough to have sore muscles, and I can't play this game if I don't stretch thoroughly,

Hahahahaha

wait till your 64!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:ping-small: g400 3 wood on Aldila Stiff  not for long! Looking for a MavriK 3-wood!!!

:callaway-small: 816 Big Bertha Alpha 3-wood (stand-in until the MavriK is found)

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Just now, Sluggo42 said:

Hahahahaha

wait till your 64!

Yeah, I knew someone was gonna hit me with that...

• Like 5

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrid::tour-edge:CBX 119 3H, 18, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

2 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Yeah, I knew someone was gonna hit me with that...

Wait till you're 73!!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

30 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Thursday was the first day of the 2020 MGS PNW Golf Outing with my wife,  @Thin2win and @fixyurdivot at Indian Canyon GC in Spokane, WA.  Lots of fun!!

IMG_1283.jpeg.fb5ebd7036ef035c1defd5519dc42a9a.jpeg

Looking down #1 fairway.

IMG_1280.jpeg.9ad2e70924737b449ba3f3ceb05a58e2.jpeg

At the turn  #10 fairway on the left and #18 on the right.

IMG_1281.jpeg.a45288139aa2dccf7e210b5e8091a76a.jpeg

Looking back up at the clubhouse from #1.

IMG_1279.jpeg.f76d7c9330bd2c145ae0ddfbf5369264.jpeg

Looking at the 278 yard blind shot on #7 through the mirror on the tee box.

IMG_1278.jpeg.39a6af26e67fac5a604a78d24a00b38c.jpeg

Played well on the front nine with a 39, but the golf gods flipped a switch at the turn!!  Shot 47 for an round of 86.  Tough putting day for all of us.  Putting uphill was... well, really putting uphill.  We couldn't get the ball to the hole.  Not kidding!!  There were some 4 putts.  I had 34 putts total with two 3-putts.

4thPutt.jpg.7b3c62e085e6565f2859a16891f41c25.jpg

Off to Circling Raven GC on the south end of Lake Coeur d'Alene on Friday.

THat looks like a good time. Question is....who won....??

• Like 7

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

Wait till you're 73!!

I also said active, right?  I was sore from squats, stiff-legged deadlifts, calf raises...  I give up.  I get it, I'm a baby..

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrid::tour-edge:CBX 119 3H, 18, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

5 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Hahahahaha

wait till your 64!

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

Wait till you're 73!!

I am going to be happy to be PLAYING at 63 regardless of being stiff or not. The way I treated my body in my younger years (by younger i mean like 9 years ago) I will be lucky to 😩

• Like 7

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

14 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!******

sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!

-4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   .....

It was a Great day to say the least, and the oddest thing, it was so easy.

crushed every drive, crushed all irons, putter was a demon, it was like I was smooth and easy, but the ball was just flying off the clubs. Narrowly missed about 3 or 4 other putts too. Got a chip in just off the green too. Just couldn’t miss...🏌️‍♂️

Congrats on the great round! Now if you can figure out how to stay in the zone for your next round, let me know.  I shot -3 69 on Friday, then a +4 76 yesterday(on a slightly easier course). 

I'm going to take today off and hopefully try again Saturday.

• Like 4

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

1 minute ago, golfingbrock said:

Congrats on the great round! Now if you can figure out how to stay in the zone for your next round, let me know.  I shot -3 69 on Friday, then a +4 76 yesterday(on a slightly easier course). 

I'm going to take today off and hopefully try again Saturday.

Right?

im just sitting here wondering if I should go to the track, or just soak in it all weekend befor Monday mornings round....🤔

• Like 4

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:ping-small: g400 3 wood on Aldila Stiff  not for long! Looking for a MavriK 3-wood!!!

:callaway-small: 816 Big Bertha Alpha 3-wood (stand-in until the MavriK is found)

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

9 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Right?

im just sitting here wondering if I should go to the track, or just soak in it all weekend befor Monday mornings round....🤔

Tough call.  But if playing again today, set the same level of expectation you had going into yesterday's round. I haven't played 3 days in row in awhile, so my body needs the rest today, and I also need to mow and get some other projects done.  But if you have the time and still feel good, I'd say play if you have the chance!

• Like 3

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

elbow started feeling funny a few rounds ago, ignored it and played 2 days ago, first two holes were ok I thought, bit of a twinge but Its a beautiful day so I'm carrying on.

On the 3rd tee halfway up my backswing I though I'd been shot in the elbow with a red hot needle!

tried a couple more times and dropped the club it was that painful.

Had to walk off and research t'interweb for the reason and fix. So it looks, and feels, like tennis elbow, torn tendons and muscles etc

Watched videos on how to recover quickly and been doing them the last 2 days plus I've strapped a bandage over it, going to try again tomorrow as I was playing pretty good with long game no issues and chipping and putting coming on enormously.

I'm going to try a half swing and very very light right hand pressure and see if I can play, wont be the same not being on both toes and hitting hard but I WANT to play...🙄

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

3 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

elbow started feeling funny a few rounds ago, ignored it and played 2 days ago, first two holes were ok I thought, bit of a twinge but Its a beautiful day so I'm carrying on.

On the 3rd tee halfway up my backswing I though I'd been shot in the elbow with a red hot needle!

tried a couple more times and dropped the club it was that painful.

Had to walk off and research t'interweb for the reason and fix. So it looks, and feels, like tennis elbow, torn tendons and muscles etc

Watched videos on how to recover quickly and been doing them the last 2 days plus I've strapped a bandage over it, going to try again tomorrow as I was playing pretty good with long game no issues and chipping and putting coming on enormously.

I'm going to try a half swing and very very light right hand pressure and see if I can play, wont be the same not being on both toes and hitting hard but I WANT to play...🙄

I've had some elbow issues as well.  Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but was chatting with a golf coach recently who said the Theraband Flexbar was the best treatment he knew of for Tennis/golfer's elbow .  Available on Amazon or other places as well.  

image.jpeg.df7b500afd8e6b4130e2f8c7769e22fa.jpeg

• Like 2

League last night, not exactly the round we were looking for.

48; 1/6 FIR, 1/9 GIR, 17 putts, 4 drops😫

The negatives:

Really struggled off the tee. It was super windy, which made some already tough tee shots even harder.

10's a sharp dogleg left, and I pushed my tee shot right. Left me with almost a longer approach into the green than I started from the tee, ended up with a double.

13's a par 5 with a tree that makes an impossible tee shot for any right to left shot shape. I pushed mine right into the tree, which shot right back and ended up at about a 25 yard drive lol. Absolutely smoked a 3W with my next shot, which should have carried a stream and ended up in or very near the fairway. I couldn't find it anywhere, so figured it must not have carried the stream. Ended up with a frustrating triple.

15 and 16 are both par 4's into the wind, water to the left and a road to the right. My miss is a pull hook, and the road to the right can scare me into the water; which is exactly where both tee shots ended up yesterday.

The positives:

No 3-putts! Can't remember the last time I did that! Scrambled pretty well, and lag putted well. Had a few close-ish putts I burned some edges on, but happy with the putting all around.

Had great 6i, 2x 7i, and 8i shots that grew my confidence in my shorter/mid irons.

Laced my 3W right down the middle on the 18th, about 280 with a helping wind. That'll be the tee shot I take to my next round, trying to forget about the other 5 😉 .

Honestly felt like I had a terrible round, and was only net +2. I'm interpreting that one of two ways: either I'm set up to make a pretty solid drop in my handicap, or I'm worse than I think I am. 😅

• Like 5

Right Handed

Driver (9.5°): :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-3) :ping-small: Eye 2's

Wedges (52° & 60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

Played the Raynor course yesterday in the grounds of the Greenbrier. Really nice layout and classic what you see is what you get. Cool that the bunkering is flat with sodded faces which I would not have expected in WV. Played the 3 par 5’s in four under thanks to two birds and a hole out eagle from the green side bunker. Started to fade a bit down the stretch and dunked one in the water on 18 to shoot a -1 69. Overall a good round and loved both courses at The Greenbrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Played the Raynor course yesterday in the grounds of the Greenbrier. Really nice layout and classic what you see is what you get. Cool that the bunkering is flat with sodded faces which I would not have expected in WV. Played the 3 par 5’s in four under thanks to two birds and a hole out eagle from the green side bunker. Started to fade a bit down the stretch and dunked one in the water on 18 to shoot a -1 69. Overall a good round and loved both courses at The Greenbrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Playing lots of golf while on vacation, which is my idea of a perfect vacation. I was thinking about it during my last couple rounds, I can't recall ever having this much fun on the golf course. Taking lessons this past fall and the result of having some sort of control over the golf ball is such a wonderful feeling.

Thursday 18

- 40/41 = 81 (+9)
- 6/15 FIR
- 10/18 GIR
- 35 Putts (1 3-putt, 15 2-putts, 2 1-putts)

A really solid round for me again. Feeling much better with the putter than I was a few weeks ago. Had a few first putts come up just short, but the lines are so much better now.

I made a few more strategy changes to how I play a few holes and that's helped me get off to better starts on the back nine, and in the process, lower scores overall.

This was a 70s round in the making until I pulled my tee shot OB left on 14.

Friday 9

- 39 (+3)
- 5/8 FIR
- 2/9 GIR (1 birdie)
- 14 Putts (5 2-putts, 4 1-putts)

Played the back nine this morning since I played the front nine only on Wednesday. I've committed to a new to me chipping technique for the past few rounds and today it was working really well, so despite not hitting a ton of greens I still scored well! 

Driving cooperated reasonably well with me today, but two of my five attempts still were not great. Pulled left on No. 16 and then sent the ball onto No. 18 fairway on No. 17. Luckily I was able to recover well both times. 

Hit a really nice push draw drive on No. 18, stuck my 54 degree wedge to about 10 feet and sank the birdie putt to finish sub-40. Nice putting round for me again.

• Like 8

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 11.3 (Last Updated Sept. 20, 2020)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
19° Driving Iron: :tour-edge: Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro Tungsten, UST Recoil 670 F4, Tour Edge/Lamkin R.E.L.
5-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Normal I guess. Had a good front. Played catch up on the back. Finished poorly to make it an average round of 88. That's my average all time on the course I played. I will again think about how close I was to a great round and stay positive. It will come together!

• Like 2

Wednesday, I scored better, but I didn't play better.  2 bone-head doubles led to an 81.

• Like 6

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

10 hours ago, Lacassem said:

THat looks like a good time. Question is....who won....??

The course won.  I only know what my wife and I shot.  We all had some great shots, and we all had some real stinkers.

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”