Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

11 hours ago, sandpounder said:

Who won ???

... Well, I got to play golf with two very lovely ladies when it was 72* in February. So I guess they won. 😉

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

37 minutes ago, CarlH said:

275090837_10223785781823843_8855994692797530437_n.jpg.1a302c7f28f7bbf1c412e7c7765ede6e.jpg

Did you make the putt 😜

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Tuesday morning 9.  55*, breezy & cloudy.  Weird morning, Pared 1st 3 holes, Bogey middle 3 & Par last 3.  Could not Putt at ALL.  Missed 2 very makeable putts under 3’ for birdies!  Final +3.

Breakfast followed and we solved just about every word crisis, all we need is somebody to listen😁

Rick

Left Hand, 

Got a free round to Timberline yesterday afternoon. Weather was perfect but course was soaked. Hard to play but it was free. Shot 91, couldn’t putt or do much with wedge, a lot to do with conditions, lot to do with the golfer. Drove it great with my new driver besides one hole where I missed the ball almost completely 😂😂 ended up at 91, but not worried about score with the shape the course was in yesterday. 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

Played again today because it's the nicest day of the next 5 days... cloudy with some sun and 70º!!!  The wind 15-20mph kinda spoiled the day, but I got to wear a golf shirt without multiple layers... almost wore shorts, but glad I didn't.

Nothing was decent with my game; shot a miserable 85 with mostly bogeys.  Not too bad considering when we made the turn, we ran into this on #10......  super getting a head start on the fairways.

IMG_1528.jpeg.6c815106c0f141f8481a099a67cc4340.jpeg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Another frustrating round yesterday.  Wasn't as warm as predicted early in the day but I learned from the previous round, had my skiing base layer on and wasn't cold!  I was very inconsistent on the front with alternating 4, 6, 4, 6, 4, 7 then finishing with 4, 4, 4 and hoping good things were coming on the back. 

What a fool I am.... A few chunked shots, more than a few 3 putts and even a whiff as I tried to swing through a 100 yard marker bush that deflected the club on the downswing.  

After one chunked shot SWMBO asked if I was drooling.... I asked why, she said she was checking for other seizure or stroke symptoms after watching me swing all day.   🤔

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

... Had maybe my best ball striking rounds in a long time. Hit every fairway and every green on the front 9 but my putting held me back as it was just one of those days. I have said before how difficult Aguila's greens are to read and they were a little slower yesterday resulting in me leaving not one or two but three downhill putts right in the middle off the hole but an inch short. Finally adjusted my speed and then started hitting edges. I was one under going to #16 and had a 15 footer for birdie that lipped out in a 180*. Not to be outdone I had another 15 footer on #17 that did a full 360* without touching the flag stick and then sat on the front lip mocking me like it was Yellow Ball. On #18 I hit into a fairway bunker and too close to the lip, wedged out leaving me 125 to a back left pin. On a severe side hill I played for the ball to go left, but not enough as my PW found the left fringe pin high. So another 15 footer and I decided to thwart the golf gods and chip when I would normally use a putter. Good speed, good line as my pards screamed "Finally!" but it moved a hair left at the hole and lipped out doing another 180* to end my day with a bogie.

... I would love to complain and say I could have shot much lower but honestly I hit every putt on the line and speed I wanted just 1" off with my reads of speed and line, but that is just the way golf goes. Some days all your good putts fall and others none of them do. But after struggling so much with my tempo and sequencing after starting speed training, it was nice to have a good ball striking day and my swing felt like it is supposed to feel. 

Finally got out on a Wednesday group.  45* at Tee Time but quickly warmed up when sun came shining thru.  Like @chisagball striking especially Tee shots were very good…….but the Freakin putting was just a bit “outside”, 3 lip outs and 2 putts that just wouldn’t fall!!  Ended up +4.  Coulda been a contender 😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 2/28/2022 at 7:57 PM, Kenny B said:

I don't normally play on Mondays anymore, but since we couldn't play on Saturday, we decided to play today as it was supposed to be 65º. When we got to the course at 9:30am it was 42º with wind out of the north.  On the 3rd hole it started to rain.  On the 12th hole the wind switched to the SW and it got warmer, but it was blowing 20-30mph. Well, at least the rain stopped!!  

Shot +5 on the front and +6 on the back for an 83.  After yesterdays round on our other course with very slow greens, we are back to our fairly quick greens and I rolled the ball better.  Made a nice 15-footer downhill, into the wind, right to left putt for birdie on #16.  Temp got up to 64º after we finished our 3.5 hour round.  Could have been quicker, but we ran into the back end of the Men's Club on #14 and had to wait on every shot after that.

I’m amazed at how tough some of you guys are. I don’t even keep rain gear in my bag… when it starts, I’m done. I head back to the clubhouse.

Props for shooting an 83 in that kind of weather Kenny. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Driver:         :ping-small:   G425 Max 10.5* 

Fairway:     :ping-small:   G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

:callaway-small:      Paradym  21*

Hybrids:      :callaway-small:      Rogue ST Max OS  24* 

Irons:          :cleveland-small:  Launcher XL Halo 6-DW

Wedges:     :cleveland-small:  CBX Zipcore 54-12

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:        :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

:OnCore: Elixir 

:1590477705_SunMountain:  2.5 14 way Black

1 hour ago, Grand Stranded said:

I’m amazed at how tough some of you guys are. I don’t even keep rain gear in my bag… when it starts, I’m done. I head back to the clubhouse.

Props for shooting an 83 in that kind of weather Kenny. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Well, to be honest... I don't really have rain gear.  I live in a desert.  It's not like you guys back east; I know, I lived in D.C for a year.  When I say Rain... it could rain all day and we might get 0.3 inches; like today.  So we are not getting soaked.  In addition, we have a yearly cart rental at the course, but we have our own cover that takes 5 minutes to put on.  So we aren't getting wet going to the ball.  It also provides a nice windbreak.  I don't mind the wind and I don't mind our little rain, but I don't like wind AND rain.

Thanks for the props!!  You probably want them back now, but... I'll take everything I can get!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Well, to be honest... I don't really have rain gear.  I live in a desert.  It's not like you guys back east; I know, I lived in D.C for a year.  When I say Rain... it could rain all day and we might get 0.3 inches; like today.  So we are not getting soaked.  In addition, we have a yearly cart rental at the course, but we have our own cover that takes 5 minutes to put on.  So we aren't getting wet going to the ball.  It also provides a nice windbreak.  I don't mind the wind and I don't mind our little rain, but I don't like wind AND rain.

Thanks for the props!!  You probably want them back now, but... I'll take everything I can get!!

Wind & rain no way.

Drizzle, light rain not too bad. Once grips get wet I’m gone.

Rick

Left Hand, 

23 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Wind & rain no way.

Drizzle, light rain not too bad. Once grips get wet I’m gone.

I always have at least 1-2 extra towels with me if there's even a chance of rain. I don't mind playing it in, as long as it's not torrential. The course opens up in front of me when it gets a little wet, and that's fine by me! 😁

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

37 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I always have at least 1-2 extra towels with me if there's even a chance of rain. I don't mind playing it in, as long as it's not torrential. The course opens up in front of me when it gets a little wet, and that's fine by me! 😁

Yup, always have extra towels in the cart.  Especially Rainy season torrential storms come out of nowhere!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

What a day yesterday....started on #2 in our scramble, birdied #4 and #6 and was 1 over through 8 holes.  Grabbed a hot dog at the turn and obviously left my swing and game in the clubhouse.  Disaster struck and I get the shanks, duffs, chili dips, and every other malady one could think of and I butchered the final 10 holes with a final tally of 89.  You do the math.  5 doubles and a triple in 10 holes without taking a penalty -- just horrendous ball striking.  Don't think I'll ever eat another hot dog at the turn, that's for sure!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

4 minutes ago, CarlH said:

What a day yesterday....started on #2 in our scramble, birdied #4 and #6 and was 1 over through 8 holes.  Grabbed a hot dog at the turn and obviously left my swing and game in the clubhouse.  Disaster struck and I get the shanks, duffs, chili dips, and every other malady one could think of and I butchered the final 10 holes with a final tally of 89.  You do the math.  5 doubles and a triple in 10 holes without taking a penalty -- just horrendous ball striking.  Don't think I'll ever eat another hot dog at the turn, that's for sure!

One thing I NEVER do is eat a hot dog before or during a round of golf.  It sounds good, but we just don't get along well.

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

One thing I NEVER do is eat a hot dog before or during a round of golf.  It sounds good, but we just don't get along well.

Hot dogs are one of those "monkey on my back" things for me.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Happy to hear you are in the zone with the best part of your game.  Keep firing at the pins!  Best to go for it when the striking is good.  It is hard to play safe when it happens.

TaylorMade Sim2 Max 10.5 Driver - Tensei AV Blue 55 R

Callaway 4+ Wood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 65 R

Callaway 5 Wood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 55 R

Callaway Heavenwood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 55 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 3 (19*) - SteelFiber i95 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 4 (22*) - SteelFiber i95 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 5 (25*) - SteelFiber i95 R

Honma Beres irons (2020) 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, AW - Nippon 750GH Wrap Tech R 

Vokey SM8 56* D grind & Vokey SM8 54* bent to 52* D grind

Scotty Cameron California Monterey Putter

4 minutes ago, sandpounder said:

Happy to hear you are in the zone with the best part of your game.  Keep firing at the pins!  Best to go for it when the striking is good.  It is hard to play safe when it happens.

... Thanks and amen little Larry. 🤗

Played Bent Brook, shot 90. Irons still my kryptonite, only hit 4 greens and putting too much spin on the ball so it was going shorter. Was experimenting with my driver too moving around the lofts and that was fun. Weather was perfect and got to walk today. 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

Friday Bacon Boyz, sunny 60*, light breeze, beautiful morning but didn’t help my game.  Had a few decent Tee and approach shots but putting again killing me.   Switched to the MLA mallet but no magic there just duds.  Hybrids continue to play well especially 5hy, hit that well.
Knees were really sore but not a good excuse.  

Drowned my sorrows with pancakes & real syrup at breakfast!!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

First round of the season. Had its up and down moments. Driver was very good,straight and long for me. Had a few 250`s,  woods were good, hybrid, good. Irons were coming and going. Chunked a couple on the tight lie fairways. Wound up short and found traps three times. Good outs though. A couple was letting me play through and of course I hit left into a trap.  My out stopped 2 feet from the cup. Don't ask!

Putting sucked today and that is usually a strength. The greens were soft, lumpy, and slow due to two weeks of rain. They couldn't mow because it would leave tire ruts. 

I will play again on Sunday. Hopefully I get all the bugs out and get back in form.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I am down in central Florida for the month and have played twice. I finally was able to get out of the 78 -79 rut, shot a nice 74 on a little shorter course(6100 yds) Loving the sunshine and 80+ temp.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Just now, GaDawg said:

I am down in central Florida for the month and have played twice. I finally was able to get out of the 78 -79 rut, shot a nice 74 on a little shorter course(6100 yds) Loving the sunshine and 80+ temp.

Yup, beautiful weather right now!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Beautiful weather in Florida right now. I got out for the second time in a week for the first time did nice October. 

It was 9 holes walking with LarryD, at his club. Pleasant afternoon and the second time a week showed up in my ball striking, only missed one fairway, hit 5 greens and was never in any serious trouble on the misses.

Short game stunk though so I had a 40. 

But I feel much better about golf right now. 🙂

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I played the Norman course in Barefoot yesterday and played pretty well, putting up an 85. I made a few silly mistakes around the greens though. My last 6-7 rounds have been solid except for the one last Saturday when I was bone tired before we even teed it up.
Observations… My short game continues to be my Achilles heel. I made a small adjustment to my transition, and my ball striking was the best it’s been in a while. My putter has been on fire lately, but cooled off slightly today. I kept leaving the longer ones very short, I just couldn’t judge them early in the round. As the course dried out though later on, it got better.

One thing I’m not happy about is the new setup in my Saturday league. The demographic is changing, we have had an influx of younger, better players who don’t belong to the club. The guy who runs the league met them playing events on the SC GolfWeek Tour. The split between the A and B flight is now around an 11 handicap, which would be fine, except the B has guys who are high 20 and even in the 30’s. That’s ridiculous, and if he doesn’t break it into 3 flights, I might be looking for another game.

Yesterday we played a gross quota game, and I had to make 26 points, which was the highest in the flight. There were about 5 other guys who had to make 20 or higher, but most of the other 24 players needed under 15 with some only needing single digits.
I made one more than my quota and got 6th place. None of the 5 players who beat me shot better than a 98. 🙄 
I’m not going to say anything this week because instead of getting times on two courses next week, we’re playing all 3 thanks to heavy booking from travel groups. This should be a lot better as the 3 flights will more tightly bunched

Driver:         :ping-small:   G425 Max 10.5* 

Fairway:     :ping-small:   G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

:callaway-small:      Paradym  21*

Hybrids:      :callaway-small:      Rogue ST Max OS  24* 

Irons:          :cleveland-small:  Launcher XL Halo 6-DW

Wedges:     :cleveland-small:  CBX Zipcore 54-12

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:        :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

:OnCore: Elixir 

:1590477705_SunMountain:  2.5 14 way Black