Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

4 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Rough day yesterday - with the high winds, but this time was able to play all 18. Ended up with a 90. Oh well. 

Hey - you still got to play all 18. I'm still waiting for my first range session up here, never mind getting out to actually play 🤣

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Monday Exec, 46*, 5 mph wind and a bit cloudy @ 7:38 Tee Time.  Seemed colder than actually was but sun came out strong 5th hole.  
Started Par, Par then went double.  Mixed results rest of the way for a +5.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

39/43 at Las Barancas yesterday, playing the quartz (6300 yards) tee.  We choose this tee when winds are light and they were 5-7 mph. I managed to hit 5/7 fairways on the front, and both missed were just off a little.  Had I not pulled my tee shot into the water on the par 3, #7 and taken a DB, that would have yielded my best ever score on the front nine.

I had two unplayable lies on the back and followed up a great drive on #14 with a pulled 5w up onto the rock mesa. I had done the exact same thing the week before.  Stepping into the shot I was thinking about NOT repeating that... yes, this game is most definitely played between your ears 🙄.

On the plus side, I had another close encounter on #16. One of these days, one of these days 😆.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

29 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

39/43 at Las Barancas yesterday, playing the quartz (6300 yards) tee.  We choose this tee when winds are light and they were 5-7 mph. I managed to hit 5/7 fairways on the front, and both missed were just off a little.  Had I not pulled my tee shot into the water on the par 3, #7 and taken a DB, that would have yielded my best ever score on the front nine.

I had two unplayable lies on the back and followed up a great drive on #14 with a pulled 5w up onto the rock mesa. I had done the exact same thing the week before.  Stepping into the shot I was thinking about NOT repeating that... yes, this game is most definitely played between your ears 🙄.

On the plus side, I had another close encounter on #16. One of these days, one of these days 😆.

The brain doesn't understand negatives; hears everything except the "NOT".  Forget the past experiences and think where you WANT the ball to go.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I don't normally play on Mondays, but Tuesday looks like crap (more high winds) so my wife and I decided to head out around noon.  It's warmer than an early tee time, but still a little breezy (about 10mph).

Our practice facility...  range is behind the putting green, pitching green and practice bunker behind the tree on the right.  Mats still being used for iron shots until the grass starts growing a little more; OK to tee up driver in grass.

IMG_1545.jpeg.87c7783bf190f2712c8ae0e835f87e3b.jpeg

The fairways were plugged last week, and the superintendent took 4-5 core samples on each green.  I wondered what those little holes filled with white sand were.

IMG_1544.jpeg.f00970b0ee6ccc488e672579e262503f.jpeg

I started off nice with a par and birdie, then the wheels started to fall off.  Made the turn shooting another 43, just like yesterday.  Bogeyed #10, then ran off 7 straight pars until a DB on my nemesis hole the par 5 #18; not great but decent drive into the wind, but I had to keep the ball low under the large tree at the dogleg.  Hit a great 4i that I pulled a little... hit the pump house 🙄; came back about 10 yards into the bottom of a grass bunker.  No shot to the green 165y all carry over a bunker, so hit a nice 9i down the fairway to 65y.  For my 4th shot I hit my 60º trying to flight the ball down but the ball climbed too high into the wind and fell out of the sky into the bunker... a foot from the high lip... on a steep upslope... fried egg lie.  5th shot on the green (I get a lot of practice out of this bunker by the lip); two putt DB for another 38 (+3)... just like yesterday, just arrived at it differently.  Another 81 which I guess isn't too bad for this time of year.

I feel like I'm hitting the ball fairly well on a lot of holes, but several times during a round and not always on the same holes, I have a mishit or two that really cost me a decent score.  Hopefully, as course conditions and the weather gets a little better, there will be fewer bad holes

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 over 74 today: still waiting for my new driver , so I went without the big stick today. Didn’t miss it: 6/14 Fir 10/18 Gir 4/7 up & down 29 putts.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

Just now, Shankster said:

Not well, but for my first round since late summer/early fall of last year I’ll take it.  Hit some really nice drives.  Grass is still dormant so the approach shots suffered significantly.  Broke my 9 iron… decided I need a carry bag.  Going to be a good year.

F00BBF2B-4B45-4F56-8EB9-6B35D3D4E2CB.png

74E2B3F8-2821-4609-B814-00BE1D8EFCF5.png

5BAD72B9-5E49-47EB-86D5-DCB471ACA8BE.png

2AD01C46-070A-4887-9740-BA9189665ED2.png

Great you got back out there, hoping to be contributing with my own first post soon.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

First round of 2022 could not have gotten off to a better start. The birth of my daughter and Health issues for my wife have kept me off the course for awhile. But man I came back with a vengeance on a tough course! 

FBCFAD1C-6E31-4E1C-A583-137B804D77E8.jpeg.4e9190ef5498d32f151552c77a96209b.jpeg

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Course was very wet from yesterday's rain and the greens are still trying to recover from being punched and sanded, but I managed to come in with an 82 today.  Couple of duffed in the mud shots from the fairway and more than my fair share of 3 putts.  Did manage to get 2 birdies today, in spite of the course conditions (one on par 3  and one on par 4).

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Snuck out today and got in 12 holes and was 5 over with a double from 100 on a bad lie in a bunker. Wish I could’ve played the full 18 and had that one hole back. Definitely felt the driver and putting was dialed in today. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

On 3/15/2022 at 5:22 PM, Syks7 said:

So today I went and played a quick 18 hole par three round with the express purpose of only hitting to the open side of the green, not short siding myself, and playing for the two putt regardless of whether I hit the green or not.  I've got to say that as a simple strategy it worked shockingly well for me. 

If you haven’t looked into DECADE you may want to give it a look.  The first month is free and no CC required.   The strategy you talk about is correct but having the mental discipline to do it over 18 holes is very hard.  If you look at player scoring, the think that separates handicap players isn’t the birdies. It the bogey and worse avoidance.  You cannot force birdies.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

We got the email that River Heights was opening yesterday so my son and I went out before work.  Played 18 in just under 3 hours.  I shot 57/56 for a 113 and put 8 balls in the water.  He shot 98.  No need for birdie juice this time 😂  

Nearly every stroke was followed by a euphoric "Aaagh, we're golfing!!" We were just so excited to be out there again, lol. Weather was in the upper 40s when we started and hit mid 60s by the end.

IMG_20220316_104727243_HDR.jpg.64dd4c30457f59e213e3becef3cfbfb0.jpg

(Don't let the picture fool you, once spring hits it looks just as bad!)

Trying to follow up on some observations I made when we snuck in last week...

Last year I mostly just walked up and hit.  Now I'm trying to visualize my target from behind the ball and aim at something just in front of me.  When I address the ball that little aiming spot looks way off.  Now I understand why I was offline so often before.

Stuck mostly with my PW rather than use my other wedges and things felt better.  Very few mishits compared to my other wedges.  

Went left hand low while putting again.  Distance was rough but accuracy was good.  Had two putts that looked right on line but were really short and three more that rolled right through the cup.

Need to pay attention to my shot shapes and remember that all my clubs don't shape the same.

Biggest takeaway:. Aaagh, we're golfing!!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

22 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

In retrospect, I think I ran out of gas - didn't bring anything to snack on and also had a very light breakfast. Lesson learned. 

Oh yeah, I totally know that if I don't have a snack and some fluids with me, I am absolutely going to fall apart on the last 5-6 holes, if not more. You'll get 'em next time.

29 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

In retrospect, I think I ran out of gas - didn't bring anything to snack on and also had a very light breakfast. Lesson learned. 

6 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Oh yeah, I totally know that if I don't have a snack and some fluids with me, I am absolutely going to fall apart on the last 5-6 holes, if not more. You'll get 'em next time.

I'm the odd ball. I get up shower, get dressed, and head to the golf course with only a drink in the bag. It could be an energy drink or a Gatorade.  I play the entire front 9 then take a few sips and play the back 9. Nothing to eat and not much to drink. But it only takes me 2 hours to play 18. Then I usually eat something after. However if I get stuck behind someone then I will tend to drink more to kill time. Mid summer then there could be an Uncrustable PBJ and two drinks.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'm the odd ball. I get up shower, get dressed, and head to the golf course with only a drink in the bag. It could be an energy drink or a Gatorade.  I play the entire front 9 then take a few sips and play the back 9. Nothing to eat and not much to drink. But it only takes me 2 hours to play 18. Then I usually eat something after. However if I get stuck behind someone then I will tend to drink more to kill time. Mid summer then there could be an Uncrustable PBJ and two drinks.

18 for me is more like 3.5-4 hours, so I definitely need refueling especially when walking.

Our MGA kicked off the season this afternoon with a "Step Out" Scramble, where whoever hit the last shot doesn't hit the next one.  We had fun, but didn't fare too well.  We weren't DFL, but definitely in the lower quad.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

I didn't play yesterday, but my wife's usual Wednesday league game was their season opening St. Patrick's Day scramble albeit a day early.  This is her team (she's second from left):

DSC_0072.jpeg.6c770e2d1933f0d82baa1447e588b28a.jpeg

Since my wife is half Irish and all trouble, she started drinking early and often.  Given the quality of her team, I don't blame her!!  Oh btw, they finished DFL.  🤣

On 3/17/2022 at 8:19 AM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I eat 1/2 banana and have my hot black tea thermos.. I play better on empty stomach too

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

27 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Tough day today.   Course is still very wet and sloppy, made even worse by the rain last night.  The greens are still in recovery mode after aerating, but because of the recent rain, most of the sand is gone, leaving bumpy holes along ones chosen line.  Additionally, it was windy and overcast with highs in the upper 40s, but feeling cooler.  So, I blasted the mud around on my way to an 86.  I believe I had 4 doubles.  The lone birdie didn't go very far in overcoming my screw-ups.  Our game today was 3-2-1 where we had to choose either to play 3 balls, 2 balls, or just one ball (net) after each hole.  Had to get 2 of each on each group of 6 holes.  My team won the first and last 6 holes.  Won $21 for my $6 buy-in (2 bucks for each 6 holes).

The 3-2-1 is an interesting format... never done that one before.  So you choose before you tee off or after? 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

The 3-2-1 is an interesting format... never done that one before.  So you choose before you tee off or after? 

After you complete the hole, you decide whether to take 1, 2, or all 3 net ball scores.  The caveat is to get 2 of each in each of the six holes you play.  This is for a 3 man team, but I suppose you could do it as a foursome...maybe 4,3,2.  Obviously, how you perform on the hole, as well as the risk of the remaining holes, plays into your decision.  

43 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Friday Bacon Boyz, Yea!!  
Started off cool 55* but warmed up really fast to 70*+.  I was hitting the ball REALLY WELL.  I think I ended up +2.  Kinda lost my focus as one of my Buds who’s a decent player just lost it, he couldn’t hit a freakin ball, nothin, no how, no way.  I was trying to help him but he continued to get worse as frustration continued.  He must have lost 6-8 balls in this relatively easy course.  Felt bad for him, I’ve been there.  
He had a large order of Blueberry Pancakes to wash away the pain! 
 I had a egg sandwich with ham……with a side of Sweet Potato Fries.  Is that considered Health Food?

We played Tuesday morning also.  Tough morning, moderate rain which makes it miserable for me but finished the 9.  I was just happy to not get soaked.  

It sounds like you had a pretty good serving of protein and vegetables. I would consider that to be health food.

Mmmm....blueberry pancakes.