MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

Really struggled yesterday. Rain kept getting worse as the day went on, and was especially messing with my iron shots. Driver started well and then fell apart on the back nine, and even my safe play 5-iron off the tee wasn't working for me. My frustration was growing exponentially towards the end of the back 9, and on two instances stepped up to 20 foot putts and just casually hit them towards the hole without reading the line or the slope at all (somehow they both went in!). Ended up only hitting 43% fairways and 11% GIR. Despite all my frustrations and multiple blow-up holes, I was very surprised when I got back to the parking lot after the round, checked the scorecard, and saw that I had carded a 96 (net +3). 

The fact that I can have a round feel that terrible, and yet have my handicap go down by a full point, tells me that I have the opportunity to continue to push my handicap down further this year.

• Like 5

Currently testing the  EXPUTT Putting Simulator

Driver - :nike-small: Vapor Speed, 9.5°, Fubuki Z50 S
Hybrid - Warrior 3H

Irons - :wilson_staff_small: D200 5-GW, uniflex, std length/loft/lie
Wedges - :cleveland-small: CBX 52°, 58°
Putter - :1332069271_TommyArmour: Torch 03

Ball - :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Tale of two 9’s today. Hit it well on the front and just could not catch a break. I had a 9 iron into 8 that stopped in its pitch mark directly on top of a ridge after a great drive. Made the putt for birdie with a nod to the golf gods but damn I couldn’t catch a break and shot 3 over 40 on the way out. On the way in I made a bad bogey on 11 from the middle of the fairway and then pars the rest of the way until 15, 16, 17 and 18. Closed out my round with 4 birds with the longest putt at 10 feet. 15, 16 and 17 were all within 4 feet. The wedge and iron practice is paying off now to work on the putter a bit more. Good for me that my SeeMore arrived today so will have that in the bag tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

2 hours ago, Kanoito said:

2 days after placing my order for the Cobra SZ, my Epic decides to behave. 12/14 fairways hit today. But my irons were total s*** today.

I would order some new irons.😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Had just settled down to watch some golf after playing in a two man red white blue scramble only to get a phone call with some sad information. One of our Club members passed away from Covid......Tony wasn’t just a regular player, he was the mentor for many handicapped kids in Tampa Bay that wanted to play. Tony taught blind kids and handicapped kids how to have fun playing golf. He will be very missed in this community .

Tony was in his late 70’s. Please take a moment and say a prayer for a guy that gave most of his time to help handicapped children.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Sorry to hear that foz.

His family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

• Like 3

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

4 hours ago, chisag said:

... Graham McDowells said something like "When swinging well, golf is the easiest sport there is. When swinging poorly it is the most difficult endeavor on the planet". So GS Stroker I think it is the same for most of us and that includes Tour Pros. We all have our own demons and mine is a tight back that throws everything out of whack. Take away feels off and tough to recover from that. Instead of hitting fairways and greens and shooting par or under, I am scrambling to save a 75-78. To me a 78 feels like a 99 because my swing is not sequenced and I am battling myself all round long. Just happened my last 2 rounds. Tour guys shoot a 71 instead of a 65 and I am sure their 71 also feels like a 99 to them. 

... I have learned to just deal with whatever I have on the course that day. It doesn't make the round fun, but at least I don't get frustrated trying to get things to work properly. Otoh, the days when everything is in sync and it feels effortless, I also don't try and bottle the feeling or analyze what is working well and what isn't. You can do that on the range of course, but on the course you said it perfectly with just play golf, don't play golf swing. Sometimes easier said than done, but in the end you will be giving yourself more positive feedback and avoiding negative feedback. Hang in there! 

I think I may have to come to Illinois for a week of lessons with you mate.

• Like 2

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

image.png

53 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Had just settled down to watch some golf after playing in a two man red white blue scramble only to get a phone call with some sad information. One of our Club members passed away from Covid......Tony wasn’t just a regular player, he was the mentor for many handicapped kids in Tampa Bay that wanted to play. Tony taught blind kids and handicapped kids how to have fun playing golf. He will be very missed in this community .

Tony was in his late 70’s. Please take a moment and say a prayer for a guy that gave most of his time to help handicapped children.

That's some terrible news mate. I just read your post to Chanin and choked up a bit. I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

• Like 4

In the bag:
Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

image.png

I know I'm breaking the rules for 3 posts in a row...but DILLIGAF...🤣

I played like hammered 💩. Shot a 47/45 92. Thought the driver was good on the range but went sideways on the course. I tried a slightly different swing and it has great potential, but playing with people that play worse than me that I don't know just kills my round. I know, I know, excuses, but, I always seem to play better with people I know or better players.

• Like 7

In the bag:
Bag: 

image.png

I played 9 yesterday.
First time out since November...
due to a wrist injury
(right hand/trail hand).
Played one handed.
From the ladies’ tees.
Took a few mulligans for absolute mishits (it’s hard swinging onehanded!) and shot a 40. Actually got to putt for eagle on a par 5 (missed it but got my bird).

My right wrist is slowly improving. Maybe I will get to play for real in the spring. Slow and steady with the physical therapy...

• Like 4

I played 9 yesterday.
First time out since November...
due to a wrist injury
(right hand/trail hand).
Played one handed.
From the ladies’ tees.
Took a few mulligans for absolute mishits (it’s hard swinging onehanded!) and shot a 40. Actually got to putt for eagle on a par 5 (missed it but got my bird).

My right wrist is slowly improving. Maybe I will get to play for real in the spring. Slow and steady with the physical therapy...

• Like 1

Our condolences, Sorry to hear about your friend.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Decent round today.. The flag was not friendly today. Had 2 bounce off, 4 lips outs 

Hit some great shots and didn't get rewarded.. Had good looks at birdie today and only made 2.  Putted well..putts were struck where I was aiming just unlucky today. But I like the the consistency. 

Not bad 41 / 40.. take the bounce off and the lip outs could have been at least 77/76 today. 

Looking forward for tomorrow. 

Hope everyone is having a great a fourth of July!! 

SmartSelect_20200704-164225_GHIN.jpg

• Like 5

Driver:  PING G410 LST 9.0 with Tensei CK Orange 60 Stiff default_ping-small.jpg.62d91fcab0128559ee9cd64c6d3475c7.jpg
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiffdefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
3-Hybrid: Mizuno CLK - , with CLK Paderson Ballistic 80 HUT 20 1 UPdefault_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybriddefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 6-PW , w/SteelFiber i125default_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - , 56, 60, Mizuno S18 Black - 50default_cleveland-small.jpg.2c2c62516a68ba0ca825f7d94c148b86.jpgdefault_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34indefault_odyssey-small.jpg.f16592ebb9519a37e13eebf6fc6df625.jpg
BallsTaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-default_taylormade-small.jpg.261501bbee0fcd6ea098dc3e15da16eb.jpgSnell.png.18a1bb82d2d821ebf109e429f025552d.png

9 holes

5/7 fairways

0 greens

17 putts

I played my first round of the 2020 Hard Rock Challenge today using the classic bag I put together. I tried hitting the persimmon woods both off the tee and the fairway and it was not pretty, they actually cost me strokes. I topped every shot I tried from the turf and realized pretty quick I need a lot of practice with them. I was really pleased with the irons and they just perform. I hit a couple of wedge shots that flew right at the pin leaving me makeable putts. My shot of the day was sinking a 30 footer on the 9th that salvaged bogey. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Very sorry to hear about Tony @fozcycle, he sounds like he was an exceptional man and will be missed by his family and the community. Breaks my heart to hear this, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. 

• Like 2

Very sorry to hear about Tony [mention=156]fozcycle[/mention], he sounds like he was an exceptional man and will be missed by his family and the community. Breaks my heart to hear this, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. 

Yes he was, as an amateur, he placed 2 nd in the New York State Championship ....think he was only 19.

Cobra King F8(10.5*) w/ Mitdubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 LW(58*) w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Bellum Winmore 707; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.
  • Like 4

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

That's some terrible news mate. I just read your post to Chanin and choked up a bit. I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

Thanks MattF, Tony loved his “children” he worked tirelessly to bring them a day of joy, disabled and some blind, he showed that they could play golf and have fun.

Cobra King F8(10.5*) w/ Mitdubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 LW(58*) w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Bellum Winmore 707; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.
  • Like 3

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Played a solid round Thursday, several very good long approach shots and putting on burn't up recently aerated greens very challenging, but my putting is coming around.

image.png.d5b67cc18944a663eb2225bf67f50817.png

• Like 8

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Saturday

- 40/46 = 86 (+14)
- 8/15 FIR
- 9/18 GIR
- 37 Putts (2 3-putts, 15 2-putts, 1 1-putt)

Not a lot to say about this round other than I didn't strike anything well and I let my emotions get the best of me. Although I held it together on the front, I three-putted No. 11 and then hit my tee shot OB left on No. 12 and pretty much mentally quit. I was pretty frustrated with myself after the round because looking at the card I could have easily shot an 83 had I just not quit on the round.

Sunday

- 41/39 = 80 (+8)
- 8/15 FIR
- 11/18 GIR
- 36 Putts (1 3-putt, 16 2-putts, 1 1-putt)

Much better round this morning mentally and with the swing. Still was a little off for most of the front nine, but I parred No. 9, which started a string of six-straight pars on holes 9-14. 

I couldn't hold the back nine together perfectly, unfortunately. I hit the greenside bunker with my drive at No. 15, and my wedge bounced off the sand instead of sliding under the ball leading to overshooting the green and a bogey. Parred No. 16 after a good drive, but hit an awful drive on No. 17. Punched out perfectly into the fairway with 75 yards to go, but shanked my wedge leading to double bogey.

After several rounds of putting reasonably well, I struggled yesterday and this morning getting speeds right. It's been so hot and humid that the greens are pretty long and soft and I just am coming up short on way too many putts. I had several good birdie opportunities today that I just didn't come close to converting. 

I am also starting to be more mindful of nutrition and hydration during my rounds, especially in this really hot and humid weather. I've been taking a Gatorade Zero along with me, and I sip that throughout the round. I've continued eating a Quest Bar before my round, but now have been packing some peanuts for the back nine. I'm finding that I'm playing a lot better with some food in my stomach on the last couple of holes.

• Like 7

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.8 (Last Updated July 25, 2020)

2020 MGS #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE PARTICIPANT #TEAMSCALVESLIKEPHIL - Check out all of the action over here!

#CC4 WITB (Cobra x Vessel SpeedZone Stand Bag)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
4-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos

So sad my friend. Sorry for our community’s loss and yours as well.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Shot 72 and lost $40. I am determined to play my way to a solid 7 right now. This plus crap is costing me too much money.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"