PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

Posted Images

On 7/6/2020 at 5:44 PM, silver & black said:

Definitely getting better. I'm playing more and figuring out how to swing again...lol.

👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

On 7/7/2020 at 9:39 AM, Kenny B said:

I know the feeling.  I heavily rely on my hybrid as well; some days it works, some days it doesn't.

Oh yeah, same here. So .. since I, uhhh, have the opportunity 😆 to punch out often enough I've been using all different clubs other than the hybrid; eg. 3W, 7i, LW. Dare say it's helping...

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Oh yeah, same here. So .. since I, uhhh, have the opportunity 😆 to punch out often enough I've been using all different clubs other than the hybrid; eg. 3W, 7i, LW. Dare say it's helping...

What's helping??  Punch outs or hitting your 3W, 7i, and LW better?   🤣

• Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played a Par 3 yesterday; a fun (= challenging), tight (= trees intruding onto one or both sides of most holes) course with holes from 99 - 158 (those are both uphill shots). Most shots are PW, 9i or 8i for me and hit most of those pretty well, but still managed to miss most of the greens. Short game was also pretty good, but ... just missed getting up and down each time... The chip on would be pretty close to what I'd wanted but either run out a bit less or a bit more than desired, so I didn't leave myself any short, easy putts; followed by a string of mis-reads .. mostly under-reading break .. that had the first putts sliding by on the low side...

Had one bad pull left (8i) that went into a drainage gully that runs downhill to the left and behind the green; followed by a good low punch-out (LW) from a tough spot that stuck on the front of the green with the pin in back, followed by a putt that held its line to the pin but was still running too fast so left me with like a 10 footer coming back... Which is when I reached down to line up my ball and discovered that I'd punched out the wrong ball!! D'oh... 2-stroke penalty. And, yes - I missed the comeback putt with that Top Flite...

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

... And thought I would add I usually post about my good rounds, especially with the T1000-S irons I am reviewing. But rest assured we all have bad rounds. Leading up to my 2 day break, my back was tight and I played poorly for a week. Last 2 rounds I didn't even keep score but if I did, I would have shot in the upper 70's or even crept into the 80's. Just sayin... 

• Like 5

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... And thought I would add I usually post about my good rounds, especially with the T1000-S irons I am reviewing. But rest assured we all have bad rounds. Leading up to my 2 day break, my back was tight and I played poorly for a week. Last 2 rounds I didn't even keep score but if I did, I would have shot in the upper 70's or even crept into the 80's. Just sayin... 

Thank you!

It’s good to know the super-good players still have issues now and then. I had a pulled something in my back yesterday and shot an 82. It wasn’t a completely crappy day, but I swear that it was affecting my swing on some shots. It got so bad that I had to get up after 15 minutes in bed last night, and take some serious medication. The event was a “stag day” and the guys I play with like to drink a lot of beer, which led to me drinking a few, which probably helped with the back pain, but didn’t really help with the game haha. I usually don’t drink at all when playing...

• Like 6

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

League night tonight, we played the back which is definitely the harder 9 for me.

43 (+8), 3/6 FIR, 3/9 GIR, 17 putts

Really felt like I struck the ball well! 43's the best I've done on this 9 before. It's pretty short, but keeping your first ball in the fairway is essential with very complex green structures making your approach the most important for scoring low. My short game was really tidy, except for one pitch I just played silly and flew the green.

I've also gotten the new Tour Edge Hybrid just the other day, so this was my first round with it. I won't give too much away before we start the official thread, but this sucker is crisp. Holes 6 & 7 are both really narrow with OB right and water left, and my confidence standing on both tees is typically pretty abysmal. But with the EXS Pro I was waay more comfortable, and stayed out of trouble on both holes today. Excited to keep putting some swings on it, and hoping it keeps up with the initial impression!

• Like 9

Right Handed

Driver (9.5°): :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-4)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (52° & 60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

3/7 FiR

3/9 GiR

18 putts (2 3-jacks) 😑

After 3 straight pars out of the gate, playing in a 2-club wind with a random rain on the 3rd hole, I thought this was going to be a decent round. Burned a couple edges and had one really bad 3-putt. The other 3-jack I'm blaming on pin placement and not upset about. 4th hole has a 2-tier green and the cup was literally put on the slope? Aimed 3 feet left of the hole and still missed on the low side, lame. Sailed both of the par 3's due to not being able to judge the wind properly, frustrating day overall. edit: also still striking the ball with my irons like horse manure. go figure the two times I pured it today were 9 irons that sailed the greens.

• Like 9

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5

Finally put a round together! After getting some new clubs that just had a different feel to them, I tried adjusting my swing a bit because it seemed like I was getting out of position at the top. It started off as a pretty seamless change at first, but has caused me all sorts of trouble as of late. Well after spending some time on the range, figuring out how to make my "normal" swing work I decided to go for it today.

Started out a little rough - my tee shot on #1(a par 5) was a hooking dive bomber into the nearest fairway bunker. Chunked it from the sand, then hit a chunky 4-iron up near the green. Chipped on and barely missed to save par. Things got progressively better from there, but still a few hiccups along the way.

I played by myself and wound up playing through 4 foursomes. While trying to hurry through these groups, I hooked one drive, bladed two wedges, and swiped one putt left of the hole. So, potentially 4 shots that could have been much better. I also racked up 4 errors - shots where I either selected the wrong club, or attempted a high risk/low make shot (for me).

All said and done, I shot an 85 which is 6 shots better than I have ever played this particular course - 32 putts (one 3-putt), 57% FIR, and 28% GIR (if I get those two bladed wedges back, would've been 39%). Considering I haven't scored in the 80's since maybe January, I will absolutely take that!

• Like 9

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Pro S300
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6m 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Just finished up playing RTJ Oxmoor valley short course. Started the round off hitting it close with a tap in birdie. Then fell apart a little bit. Hit 9 greens and finished +18. Could have had 2 other birdies but had issues reading the greens. Chipping was also a struggle which has been decent. And it was blazing hot. Playing early tomorrow morning, hoping to turn it around on the Valley course.

Short courses are really fun but man can they be challenging!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: G20 CFS stiff 4-GW

:mizuno-small: 56* spinner shaft

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore or Snell MTBx

Strange round, strokeplay off the back marks. Drove it ok, absolutely butchered my fairway woods. Irons were either really good or really poor. Putted poorly, with a few very soft 3 putts. Somehow managed to only be 3 worse than my daily handicap of 8, 82/74. Still trying to work out how my score wasn't worse.

• Like 7

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:cobra-small: F8 4 Hybrid
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

First round today of the Governor’s Cup at my club which I said I wouldn’t play and got talked into. Had to give 5 pops in the Championship Flight and lost 4 of the 5 holes I had to give shots on. I squeaked our a one over 72 and won the match 2&1. The putter is starting to heat up at the right time now if I could just drive it better I would have a pretty good game right now.

Onto round 2 tomorrow and playing straight up for a change. Should be a fun day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

I'm playing in a couples Chapman format tournament next weekend in Grants Pass, OR and had our practice round today with my golfing partner.  3 hour round as it was just the two of us and it wasn't very crowded prior to our 8:45 tee time.  Anyway,  shot 38/39 for a 77 today.  Decent ball striking.  2 birdies, one par from a lateral drop from a hazard.  No doubles!  Felt good to play decent again after the struggles on the course lately.  Lesson paid off.  First time playing with this lady.  She's a 15 handicap, keeps her ball in play, albeit not very long.  Chapman format should bode well for us.  We'll see.

• Like 7

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Played my home course Thursday in extreme heat, okay I live in Houston what do I expect? This is possibly the last round with a full bag of Titleist clubs as I direct my focus and devotion to #COBRACONNECT4 #MGSCOBRA2020.

On to the round...Front nine pretty much sucked! But I rebounded on the back nine for a reasonable round of 86.

image.png.371bc742f0f3273faf4f00e25567eed4.png

Obviously two highlights were #10 and #17. Arccos has me 8' from the pin on 17 but a picture is worth a thousand words.

IMG_2117.JPG.f155d90bae656597d66e70650c8bbdec.JPG

3'2" greens were extremely firm with the 100 plus heat this time of year in H-town and this 9 iron bomb left no mark but landed about two feet short and danced to a stop right here.

Had fun in spite of sweating my ass off, LOL

Putting FINALLY coming back to form.

image.png.0eedcd599c5ddc47e11bf52f588afae4.png

• Like 9

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Played RTJ Oxmoor Valley, Valley Course, this morning. The dew was very heavy and they had just cut earlier in the week so lots of grass clippings. My usual golf buddies were out of town, so I was paired up with a three some. Very nice guys who didn't speak much English but they were great at laughing off bad shots and celebrating the good ones. I need to learn more from them. I had 9 FIRs  but only 5 GIRs. Short game was still an issue with multiple holes with multiple chips. I have to hit it close to score. Shot a 91. Didn't drive the ball very well either and I have learned it's really hard to score if I'm not driving it to the landing area. Time to hit the range and short game practice area this week!

• Like 6

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: G20 CFS stiff 4-GW

:mizuno-small: 56* spinner shaft

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore or Snell MTBx