MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

Swing was definitely out of whack yesterday.  Played 9 shot a 49, 2 penalties, putting was mediocre at best and the irons were not crisp.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

I posted my round for today in the #COBRACONNECT4 Challenge thread, check it out.

• Like 8

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

... I love this post. If you are not competing or using your score for your handicap, golf should be fun. Creative ways to play and enjoy the game should always be considered. I played with a guy a few weeks ago that apologized for taking a few "free" drops from deep heather. Wind was a good 15 mph and he was not gonna break 100 so taking penalty strokes is just an attitude breaker for many. Nothing wrong with wanting to play by the rules and keep track of every stroke with penalties regardless of your score, but having fun should always be a top priority. And 20 strokes better sounds like a Ton Of Fun!!! 

Can’t argue w that.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 7/13/2020 at 12:24 PM, chisag said:

... It would be really nice if courses came up with a new color for the most forward tees.

One course I played at in Maine two Summers ago had Roman Numeral markers - all the same color/style - and there were 6 ("VI" ha ha) sets. So you .. ie. me, a first time player there .. had to review the scorecard to check Par 3 and total playing lengths to select a tee (we went with "II" the second-most forward; this course was on a mountainside and had a *big* but forget the exact number slope rating).

• Like 6

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR) and/or Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

On 7/13/2020 at 10:44 PM, ParFore74x said:

Today was finally the day, shot a 99. Never thought that I would ever admit that to anyone but I was pretty stoked once I realized that the practice was paying off. Now I just need to get consistent and started grinding for 90. 

NICE!!! 👍

• Like 3

I had a fabulous round with my favorite golf mates today... we played our local municipal course, all scored below our handicaps, and had more laughs than should be legally allowed.  We were on the tee at 7:30am, and were finished before the heatwave could effect us...just a great day!

Sounds like a perfect round of golf.
  • Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

11 hours ago, toehold57 said:

Let’s see, focus on the positives or tale of two cities?  I have two extremely different 9’s

Front 9 I was a scrambling mad man. Good chips and solid putts left me sitting at +1. Easily my best 9 ever even though it was pretty much effortless.

Second 9?  +17. PLUS SEVENTEEN!!!  Way ugly.  Nothing went right, nothing felt right.  Just sad.  Should I feel good or bad?

6E384380-458D-4D4B-BBDB-310082AC09F9.png

Feel good!  +1 on the front, definitely feel great about that!  Back 9, it happens... Focus on the good!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 7

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

10 hours ago, yungkory said:

Interested to see how the Exputt test goes!!!

Me too 😄😄

There may .. or may not, TBD .. a max distance you can set. (Hope it's long!) We'll see .. stay tuned to the test thread........

• Like 5

Well interesting set of 9 hole rounds the past few days. Played the back and the front 9s over the past week. The back 9 was in league night and went to the range. Fired off a couple of shots and found a swing that worked tentatively. I ended up being able to fire irons but drives were all over which was great for about half of the holes.

I carded a 45 but should have been better had I not taken a triple on the last hole. I also double the second to last hole after nearly dumping a tee shot in the water.

Got a quick lesson based off the video from a guy at work who used to be an assistant pro. Ironically I had been trying to force my weight forward early in the swing which wsa why I was struggling. Needless to say I starting bombing drives, but then the short game decided to go. Carded a terrible 45 on the front as I finished double triple double. 

Playing at least once if not twice this weekend so curious to see if I continue driving the ball well and if I can get my chipping and putting game going.

• Like 7

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Scored a 43/43:86 today at my club.....one Stroke out of the money with a net 73...

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).