Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

4 hours ago, Rickp said:

Tuesday Exec another beautiful morning 65*, 46 mph winds and sunny.  1st hole missed birdie order putt on lip so kick in par.  Kinda got weird after that.  Good shots followed by really bad shots (mostly skull).  Got a lucky Bird on short par 4, 5 bogies weren’t pretty.  
mended up +4.

Ouch that’s ugly wind. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

On 4/25/2022 at 3:53 PM, JerryB said:

Owen didn't want to get up early today so I walked River Heights by myself.  Upper 40s and windy.  Only saw two others on the course.

48/45 for a 93!  My friends, I was killin' it today!!  Only two 3 putts and just one triple bogey.  Pars on 9 10 and 12 and a few decent birdie looks.  Putting was great; even dropped one from 35 feet.

Still pulling my irons left but I'm making better contact.  Concentrating on not swaying and even the few I chunked still traveled a good way.

1 hour ago, JerryB said:

Freeze warnings overnight and it was awfully chilly this morning, so I got out a little after noon instead.  By myself again and walked.  Upper 40s and a little breezy but the sun was shining.  I didn't exactly keep score this time although Shot Scope says I shot 96.  Things unraveled a bit on the back nine and I dropped a second ball several times feeling I could do better.  Just getting frustrated as the round went on.  

Doing better about not swaying but I found myself on my back foot in my follow through pretty often.  Something to continue working on.  When I transferred correctly the results were encouraging.  Shot of the day was my second shot on the par 5 third hole.  After a topped drive I hit my 3 wood off line to the left (poor alignment) but 270 yards.  Have yet to hit my driver that long, lol.

It's fun to hear about the improvement you're making, those scores are coming down nicely. Not to mention, that 270 yard 3 wood is eye popping! Keep it up!

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

It's fun to hear about the improvement you're making, those scores are coming down nicely. Not to mention, that 270 yard 3 wood is eye popping! Keep it up!

Thanks!  I really like following this and the practice thread for the same reason.  The more I see how others are doing, the more it motivates me.  Just happy I've got a wife that encourages me to get out and play!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

8 hours ago, chisag said:

... After this weekend my visiting playing yard wanted to play alternate shots. I hit a decent drive on one, he hit a good iron shot and I just missed the 10 footer and he tapped in for par. He killed a drive on #2 a par 5 leaving me 189 to a front pin with my second shot that I hit to 6 feet and he made the eagle putt. He said he didn't know why the Pro's struggle because this is easy. I hit an iron 15 feet past the hole on the next hole, a par 3 and he ran his birdie putt 8 feet past, misjudging the speed off the tier. My par putt lipped out. A 3 putt? OK still one under. On the next tee, the #1 handicap hole, he hooked his tee shot onto the road and we made double. The pressure to not let your opponent down continued and it was much harder than playing alone. After starting at 2 under after 2 we finished at 3 over after 9 and he wanted to switch to Best Ball on the back 9 LOL. It was an interesting round and much harder than most might think. I shot 2 under on the back and he was 2 over with an eagle on a 601 yd par 5 when he chipped in from the fringe and turned to me and shouted "Go Get That!"  🤪

Oh the infamous lines we don’t say in sports…..

sounds like a fun round, always is!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Finally got around to playing this year.

First in Florida where played a couple of courses in the Daytona area. Was nice just to get back out but scores were not promising.

After a week back in Indiana, played my home course and broke 90 twice from the whites. Last year was a struggle and was surprised to break 90 this early in the year--- but it was also from a shorter tee. On the other hand, I'm out of golf walking shape-- both rounds I tired drastically on the back with upper 40s after low 40s on the front.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Played Mirimichi golf club today North of Memphis on my way to Big Cedar Lodge. Shot 42/42 for an 84, which I am happy with, especially since I did not hit a green till hole 14 (ended up hitting 4 of the last 5 greens though).  Shot of the day on 15 hit the green but about 45 feet short, sunk the putt for birdie anyway.

Course is a great layout but needs a little TLC. Had zero refreshments or coolers on the course so after 9 we had to drive back to the clubhouse (which was a little ways) to get water, we were parched. Not a huge deal but would’ve been good to know. 

Headed on the 5 hour ride to Big Cedar Lodge now! Playing Payne’s Valley tomorrow!5B7E3D6E-5BC6-45D4-9673-ECD6AD544A5D.jpeg.e0fdf92f153a784b3ed3fa1e6764b61a.jpeg6D943584-DECC-44C4-BB75-C25F5105D2FC.jpeg.2f97d19846119454ddb038fc5fd2c56e.jpeg

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

Our Thursday MGA game was a Chapman today.  My partner and I did not ham and egg it very well....more like pepper and jelly .... We took honors of DFL in the first flight .... but we did get a gross skin birdying the par 5 #3.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

24 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Awesome day and first round of the season.  It's sunny and clear skies but the temps are between 40-50*.  It was really tolerable but the wind made for a slight challenge.  

Some equipment notes that I'll dive into further...

I played the front 9 with the Srixon Z Star XV Divide and the back with the TP5 from last season.  

On a windy day, the TP5 was easily 10-15 yards shorter on approaches.  I was one full club under on essentially all back 9 approaches.

Conversely, the XV was a bullet.  Just awesome throughout the front 9.  I didn't really think too much about the optics with the short game but one thing it did NOT do was get in my head.  I could see this becoming the 2022 ball for me.

The cover likes to hold onto dirt...I don't know how else to describe, it just has less of a smooth proV1 cover and has this tacky but not tacky finish.  

So for the round...38/40 78.  2 doubles (1 & 7) 2 birdies (5 & 😎 and 2 missed birdies from inside 4' (15 & 17)...those one stung.  Truth is, I was getting hungry and was running out of gas.

33 putts, 7/14 fairways, 9/18 greens.   

Heck yea. Brave soul in shorts. We have the same Esther and that air is sharp but sun feels realllllly good.

solid round 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

56 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Heck yea. Brave soul in shorts. We have the same Esther and that air is sharp but sun feels realllllly good.

solid round 

Thanks bro. I said no more pants, they’re in the closet. I’ll rough it out until fall 😊

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Shot an 82 today.  Loving the new Rogue Driver!  But, man, does my short wedge game bite the big one!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

Weather is nice today; upper 50s, though overcast and 15ish mph winds.  Owen and I had enough time to walk the front nine at River Heights.  

Swapped out one of my wedges for a C3I 65° wedge I picked up from goodwill the other day.  It's a pretty awesome club.  Tried it out a bunch today and other than thinning one into oblivion I was very happy with it.  Going to stay in the bag this season for sure.

Overall my ball striking was good today other than totally duffing an 8 iron.  I'm starting to regularly overshoot the green on long approaches, which is a good thing.  I just need to mentally catch up to that reality.

Putting was absolutely horrendous.  Sometimes I misread the break, sometimes my stroke was offline, sometimes my speed was off, and oftentimes it was a combination of all three, lol.  

Shot a 49 that I'm pretty happy with.  Owen beat me by a few strokes, but that's to be expected!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

@bens197inspired me to get a quick 9 in. Wind was swirling in and out with some serious gusts but it was sunny and extremely pleasant to play weather wise actually.

+3 (38) with 2 bookend doubles, 6 pars and a bird……the doubles were bad misjudgements and the greens were pretty hard and not receptive. 

Tale of the day was bombs off the day, wind helped on 1 but I had 5 drives over 280…..

putting saved me a couple times as usual. Absolutely in love with EvNROLL

I was very happy because I was making the shits I wanted but the wind definitly  carried some balls further than I anticipated and the back of these greens are death.

9DF8DA9A-C024-4C25-BCF7-FCB45C0923A2.png

9482E024-764D-4C0C-8804-FA32A3195CDD.png

1167478A-349D-482A-B2F8-DEB4520D0887.png

Sounds like a good day to be out and those were some bombs you hit.  From the looks of the screenshots you posted, it looks like you were doing good with the putter, too. 

As far as the sh#t's you made, I really hope it was a clean round. 😂

7 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Sounds like a good day to be out and those were some bombs you hit.  From the looks of the screenshots you posted, it looks like you were doing good with the putter, too. 

As far as the sh#t's you made, I really hope it was a clean round. 😂

Damn autocorrect! Thanks for the catch lol!

yes the putter actually saved several pars. I said it in my review that I literally get over every putt and expect to make it. The last hiked I doubled playing ping pong with my chips and buried a 15’. The guy j was playing with just said that totally just saved the round. He was right, 3 putt that and all the other stuff doesn’t matter

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

24 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Damn autocorrect! Thanks for the catch lol!

yes the putter actually saved several pars. I said it in my review that I literally get over every putt and expect to make it. The last hiked I doubled playing ping pong with my chips and buried a 15’. The guy j was playing with just said that totally just saved the round. He was right, 3 putt that and all the other stuff doesn’t matter

Speaking of numbers, when did this happen?  You must have Brian constantly looking over his shoulder now 😆.  Nice going! 👏  Oh, and I officially don't like you anymore 😉.

image.png.441a42260daecccaa532eb6a49594c60.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I told my boss that I needed an afternoon today  Hit the course with a good friend of mine at noon.  It was a very enjoyable time.  I hit some really nice, for me, driver shots.  My short game was its normal, and did fairly well with long irons.  I did not score the best I ever have, but certainly not the worst I ever have!  LOL.   I do think that changing the grip on my driver to a mid size was a good idea.  Giving some thought changing the grips on the rest of my bag to mid size grips.

Edited by Paul Hedrick
  • Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

11 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Speaking of numbers, when did this happen?  You must have Brian constantly looking over his shoulder now 😆.  Nice going! 👏  Oh, and I officially don't like you anymore 😉.

image.png.441a42260daecccaa532eb6a49594c60.png

Past TWO years went from about 10 to what was 5.9 at the beginning of the year. My last round took a spot and dropped a 9.6 off. I’m shooting for 3/4 this year…..pray for me!

Join the club! There is a line that doesn’t like me 😂 bryan has been busting my balls all season because “I have not played with him”. admittedly I play my worst golf against him….he messes with my head

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Played Wednesday Big Boy & Friday Bacon Boyz Exec.  
Wednesday played well, even par thru 7 with 2 birdies.  Finished poorly with 2 doubles.  I’m blaming the Fireball that was “forced” on me.  It was a Birdie fest!  Everyone was dropping birds from all over the green.  Good morning👍
Friday not so lucky, we had 2 guys that we’re having really mornings.  One guy almost took me out, don’t know how he did it.  He “hoseled” his 2nd shot BEHIND him and the ball went backwards and missed me by a foot! 

Starting this coming week backing off some golf and other activities in preparation for my knee replacement June 2nd. Don’t want to screw up now.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Shot 82 again today.  Interestingly, yesterdays 82 was 41/41....todays was 41/41 .... more interestingly, all 4 41s contained one birdie and one double bogey.

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Close to breaking 90, shot a 91, my best round to date.

Those two triple bogeys really hurt. One of them I just made poor choices. By poor choices, they weren't risky choices, they were just dumb. The dumbest was trying to putt from way too far off the green in April PNW conditions when it had just rained. Ball didn't even make it to the green. 

Congratulations on the personal best, Derrick! It's good to see all the hard work you've been putting in is paying off. 

5 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Congratulations on the personal best, Derrick! It's good to see all the hard work you've been putting in is paying off. 

You're next!!  I can feel it.  😃

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

You're next!!  I can feel it.  😃

I appreciate it El Conquistador! Practice is showing signs of improvement and in starting to feel a bit more confident. I'm off Friday and hoping for some good weather to at least get on the course for a bit.