MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

Shot 86 (par 71) with [mention=12972]MattF[/mention] today. There was some good (2 birdies, 5 pars), some bad (5 bogies), and some ugly (6 doubles with a stretch of 4 in a row, all 4 involving penalties).
It was a great time, though, and I was generally hitting irons better than I have since starting SuperSpeed. Still some ugly shots, but it seems progress is being made.
Sorry I missed you and@MattF, still got plenty of time for more rounds.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Played an easier course today, but one I visit fairly often as it's a great price, low key, and has fantastic greens (otherwise 6150 yards, slope 116). Shot 37-37, with 3 birds, and 1 double.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 7

Third round this week after a six week layoff, and they've all been solid.

Took 2nd low net on Monday, was the only guy to break par on Tuesday. Today I won low net in the A flight, even with an ice cold putter. My handicap is my best friend right now, as I went up over 4 strokes trying to play through an elbow injury before the layoff. I almost feel bad getting as many strokes as I am right now. (Key word... ALMOST)

It's nice to hear the "sandbagger" jokes now, and hopefully I can continue taking advantage of the extra strokes while they last, because I did enough contributing when I was hurting, LOL

• Like 8

:ping-small: G400 Max 9* set at 10* Alta 

:callaway-small: Rogue 15* & 19* Quaranta 50

:callaway-small: Rogue X 4 hybrid Synergy 60  

PXG 0211 5-GW MMT 70 

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54*SS & 58*SS

:EVNROLL: ER5 33.5" or :yes-small: Tracy 33.5"

6 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Shot a 103 again yesterday. Its been feeling like I'm hitting the ball better than 103, but blow a few blow up holes and penalties really hurt. Also, my putting wasn't so great. I played by myself and i find that I rush my putts when I play by myself. I need to slow down a bit a make sure my putt is lined up correctly. When I play with others, I take more time while they are putting.

I know the feeling, I usually get myself in a rush too. You need to have a routine and stick to it on every shot for consistency. Playing with others allows you to relax and take your time going through your routine while they are doing their thing. 

• Like 8

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 460 10.5*

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W, 5W

:callaway-small: X2 Hot 5-PW

:callaway-small: MD4 52/56/60

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:taylormade-small: TP5

On 7/17/2020 at 6:12 PM, MattF said:

As @MaxEntropy said above, we played this afternoon at Brookledge in Cuyahoga Falls. I started out HOT, pared the first 3 holes, ended up 43 on the front. Then the round turned into HOT GARBAGE. I have no idea what was going on but all of a sudden I was hitting my irons dead right. It was the opposite of a duck hook, they'd start straight then do a 90° dive to the right. Meeked out a 49 for a 92. I'm hoping this rubbish doesn't show up on Sunday.

I forgot to post this picture of @MattF attempting to get out of this greenside bunker on #9. I'll let him tell everyone what happened. For reference, the green surface is above his head, so it's a pretty deep bunker.

20200717_143108.jpg.2ec4d6166d06c519961b255fb18e72ca.jpg

• Like 8

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Shot the best front 9 I have shot since I started playing again a few months ago. +1 37 with 2 birdies. Then screwed the pooch on the back 9 with a 50. Then realized if I am really pissed off about an 87 - I am getting better. That 87 included 3 shots that went OB on three different holes. One an errant driver, one a 6 iron that I absolutely smoked. Flag was 160ish I hit that 6 185 yards, the third a second shot into a par 5. 220 to the center of the green. I hit a “smooth” 3wood 20 yards deep. 

• Like 7

Driver: :callaway-small: XR Speed 9º Project X HZRDUS T800 Stiff

3W : :ping-small: G 14.5º - Tour 80 stiff

Hybrid: :ping-small: G25 20º - TFC-189H stiff

Irons: :ping-small: 4-UW G30 Green Dot

Wedges: :ping-small: LW G30 Black Dot

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossie II

It was a nice day the wind was not as strong as it's been recently. Struggled with the putter a bit on the front, but got it working on the beck. So it was bogey golf for the first 12 and then even par after that. A good relatively constant day. No penalty strokes and most importantly had fun.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I forgot to post this picture of @MattF attempting to get out of this greenside bunker on #9. I'll let him tell everyone what happened. For reference, the green surface is above his head, so it's a pretty deep bunker.

20200717_143108.jpg.2ec4d6166d06c519961b255fb18e72ca.jpg

Bastard! For the record, that was the first attempt, just didn't get enough speed behind it, hit just below the lip and came back down. Second one got onto the green nicely and rolled out.

• Like 8

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Round one of couples chapman tournament :   Other than a double and a +5-9, we played decent.  7 over on 2 holes and limped in with an 86 gross.  Round two begins in a couple of hours.  Here's to no bad holes today!  :D 

• Like 7

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Second day in a row breaking 80 with the single length irons. I’m getting a lot more looks at birdies with these clubs. Both rounds in the 70s have been with Top Flite Gamer balls.

IMG_1193.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Shot a good game the other day, it the real story of the day was getting paired up with a lanky youngster who pursued the “long drive” circuit for a while. IVE never been to a real pro event and always wondered why people would tell me it’s something you need to see live, as it’s just “different” from us normal hacks.

now I get it. This guy would hit from that tips, With a 3-wood, sometimes with an iron, and I could hit a good drive from the blues, (50 yards closer) and we’d be close. Then I’d hit a 6 or 7, and he would hit a pw. He shot pretty well, but wasn’t always in control, but OMG, I had no idea a golf ball could go like that. The sound, the height, the distance, the spin, all of it. Absurd really. I went home and quietly wept to myself...

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:ping-small: g400 3 wood on Aldila Stiff  not for long! Looking for a MavriK 3-wood!!!

:callaway-small: 816 Big Bertha Alpha 3-wood (stand-in until the MavriK is found)

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

6 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I posted this before but I was paired up with a kid from Canada in Orlando that had won twice on the Mini Tour down there. Joined him on the 2nd hole after he had already hit his drive from the tips and my tee was quite a bit in front of his. Our balls were very close in the fairway approximately 240 out and the green was straight ahead until the last 10 yards and then 90* right and completely protected by some short trees. A slight breeze at our backs so I hit a nice hybrid even with the opening leaving me a straight 20 yd pitch shot. This 26 yr old hits a 4 iron over the trees and the ball mark was about 6 feet past the hole and sitting 12 feet away. So he hit this towering 4 iron at least 230 with a slight breeze but still stopped it on the green. It was a real treat to play the entire day with him. 

What's the well used saying, "He plays a game of which I'm not familar"  Seems like there are more and more of these young guys coming up now.  it's fun to see!

• Like 6

:callaway-logo-1:  MAVRIK Sub Zero 9.0 Adilia MSI 60S

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:callaway-logo-1: MAVRIK 5-A Nippon Modus 105 S 

:callaway-logo-1: MD5 Jaws 54.10 and 58.12 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Scored a 43/43:86 with one birdie yesterday at Pebble Creek.

Today, I shot a 40/41:81 with no birdies and 2 doubles.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

14 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I posted this before but I was paired up with a kid from Canada in Orlando that had won twice on the Mini Tour down there. Joined him on the 2nd hole after he had already hit his drive from the tips and my tee was quite a bit in front of his. Our balls were very close in the fairway approximately 240 out and the green was straight ahead until the last 10 yards and then 90* right and completely protected by some short trees. A slight breeze at our backs so I hit a nice hybrid even with the opening leaving me a straight 20 yd pitch shot. This 26 yr old hits a 4 iron over the trees and the ball mark was about 6 feet past the hole and sitting 12 feet away. So he hit this towering 4 iron at least 230 with a slight breeze but still stopped it on the green. It was a real treat to play the entire day with him. 

Hope he made the putt! Some shots some people make are pretty incredible.

• Like 5

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸