Jump to content
MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

8 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I try to play it about a ball, ball and a half in front of center. My biggest problem is when I go to make the shot, my back leg has a tendency to subconsciously move back. I've really got to focus to keep it where I intend to. If the ball is too far forward, I tend to top it. 

Hybrid for me is middle same with a majority of the irons. Sounds like a good spot will definitely need to play around with it

  • Like 3

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

Hybrid for me is middle same with a majority of the irons. Sounds like a good spot will definitely need to play around with it

Modern woods seem to play closer to irons and hybrids than the fairways I started with. With them you had to sweep them and now I believe they are more accepting to be hit slightly down on. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chisag said:

 

... A really good idea is playing a round with no driver. Play your lowest lofted fairway wood off the tee and you will probably have at least 4 more chances to use it on par 5's. I did this by accident about 10 years ago when I re-gripped my driver and forgot to put it in my bag, and was surprised by the results. So now I do it a couple of times every season to remind me of how good (and sometimes smart) a 3/4/5 wood can be off the tee once you have confidence in it. 

I like that idea, may have to give it a go sometime. 

  • Like 3

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 460 10.5*

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W, 5W

:callaway-small: X2 Hot 5-PW

:callaway-small: MD4 52/56/60

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:taylormade-small: TP5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
... A really good idea is playing a round with no driver. Play your lowest lofted fairway wood off the tee and you will probably have at least 4 more chances to use it on par 5's. I did this by accident about 10 years ago when I re-gripped my driver and forgot to put it in my bag, and was surprised by the results. So now I do it a couple of times every season to remind me of how good (and sometimes smart) a 3/4/5 wood can be off the tee once you have confidence in it. 

I have done what you suggest after my shoulder surgery, played better than I am now.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I went out for a quick walking 9 at the executive course down the street.  This is a great course to put the PTx Hogan Combo irons through the paces and gave me a chance to play a course where I can leave the woods at home.  I wasn't playing for a score as I really wanted to just focus on yardages and hitting some fun and creative shots on a fairly vacant course.  At the end of the day, 6 pars, 2 bogeys and 1 birdie.

 

I am digging these new PTx Hogan Combo irons.  

  • Like 8
  • Love 1

  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TS1 4-G Nippon Modus3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Maltby TSW 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Currently testing the Ben Hogan PTx Combo irons https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38486-2020-official-member-review-ben-hogan-icon-ptx-proicon-combo-irons/

 

 

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Drove the ball exceptional well,  new Ping 410 LST is the real deal, fairway finder all day. Terrible job out of the bunkers, really need to work  on that. Irons play was really good, results didn't show but the way they were stroke , is what I need to keep remembering . Putting was ok,  2  - 3 Putts that really hurt, aiming was not good, missing on the wrong sides.

I have been contemplating taking clubs out the bag and only having the ones i used on a regular basis, and just focus on those. This will force me into some specific yardages and be more consistent with those clubs.

Going to put that in place next weekend see how that works out.
Driver
3 Woord
4 Hybrid
6 - PW Irons
56 - 60 Wedges
Putter of course.

image.png.9b4e93982ecccb4bbaa39eba541c8f9b.png

Edited by MrBandit
  • Like 7

Driver:  PING G410 LST 9.0 with Tensei CK Orange 60 Stiff default_ping-small.jpg.62d91fcab0128559ee9cd64c6d3475c7.jpg
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiffdefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybriddefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 6-PW , w/SteelFiber i125default_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - , 56, 60, Mizuno S18 Black - 50default_cleveland-small.jpg.2c2c62516a68ba0ca825f7d94c148b86.jpgdefault_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34indefault_odyssey-small.jpg.f16592ebb9519a37e13eebf6fc6df625.jpg
BallsTaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-default_taylormade-small.jpg.261501bbee0fcd6ea098dc3e15da16eb.jpgSnell.png.18a1bb82d2d821ebf109e429f025552d.png

Currently Testing:skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Hybrid for me is middle same with a majority of the irons. Sounds like a good spot will definitely need to play around with it

I have always play Hybrid in the middle, consistency and trajectory.

 

  • Like 5

Driver:  PING G410 LST 9.0 with Tensei CK Orange 60 Stiff default_ping-small.jpg.62d91fcab0128559ee9cd64c6d3475c7.jpg
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiffdefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybriddefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 6-PW , w/SteelFiber i125default_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - , 56, 60, Mizuno S18 Black - 50default_cleveland-small.jpg.2c2c62516a68ba0ca825f7d94c148b86.jpgdefault_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34indefault_odyssey-small.jpg.f16592ebb9519a37e13eebf6fc6df625.jpg
BallsTaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-default_taylormade-small.jpg.261501bbee0fcd6ea098dc3e15da16eb.jpgSnell.png.18a1bb82d2d821ebf109e429f025552d.png

Currently Testing:skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snuck out for a quick 9 on Friday afternoon, hit some very pure iron shots.  Driver got a little wild and I'm still dialing in the new putter.  Didn't keep score thankfully, just focused on ball striking and short game

  • Like 7

WITB

Driver: Titleist TS2 10.5º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17º w/ Even Flow

Titleist 816 H1 21º & 25º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Irons (6-PW): Srixon 765 w/ Project X LZ

Wedges: 50º Ping Glide, 54º & 60º PXG 0311

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played another Hard Rock Challenge round today, because a bad day off golf is better than a good day of work and it was a bad day of golf.

51 with 2 fairways hit, 0 greens, and 19 putts.

The fairway number is deceiving because most of the misses were no more than five yards into the rough, except the one on 6....we're not talking about the duck hook I hit there. Nope, didn't happen. 

I was playing good +7 through 5 and then I got a case of the shanks with the wedges. Couple that with the 8 on the par 4 7th and the wheels fell off. 

The Cobra F9 5 wood continues to impress, @chisag I'm loving the Atmos Blue shaft, it's so smooth. I love it so much I'm having to fight the temptation to buy the 3 wood. It's close to the center of the face more often than not and it just launches the ball. 

My shot of the day came on 5. I hit a decent drive and left myself 162 out from the green, hit a smooth 6 iron that landed short of the green...and then proceeded to roll off the back into an almost high lipped bunker of rough. 20200720_143438-01.jpeg.5512f6332d3119539bccb5ce0780628d.jpeg

I opened up the 56 and played an almost perfect accidental bump and run to 8 feet. I missed the par putt, but was still happy with the bogey.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Played another Hard Rock Challenge round today, because a bad day off golf is better than a good day of work and it was a bad day of golf.

51 with 2 fairways hit, 0 greens, and 19 putts.

The fairway number is deceiving because most of the misses were no more than five yards into the rough, except the one on 6....we're not talking about the duck hook I hit there. Nope, didn't happen. 

I was playing good +7 through 5 and then I got a case of the shanks with the wedges. Couple that with the 8 on the par 4 7th and the wheels fell off. 

The Cobra F9 5 wood continues to impress, @chisag I'm loving the Atmos Blue shaft, it's so smooth. I love it so much I'm having to fight the temptation to buy the 3 wood. It's close to the center of the face more often than not and it just launches the ball. 

My shot of the day came on 5. I hit a decent drive and left myself 162 out from the green, hit a smooth 6 iron that landed short of the green...and then proceeded to roll off the back into an almost high lipped bunker of rough. 20200720_143438-01.jpeg.5512f6332d3119539bccb5ce0780628d.jpeg

I opened up the 56 and played an almost perfect accidental bump and run to 8 feet. I missed the par putt, but was still happy with the bogey.

0 greens just brutal. Are you debating going off the tee until you find a rhythm with the F9? Seems like you’re finding some groove with it?

  • Like 2

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

0 greens just brutal. Are you debating going off the tee until you find a rhythm with the F9? Seems like you’re finding some groove with it?

I put the driver in the bag and left it there for the last 2 holes. Right now I'm hitting shots with the F9 as far as the driver with better accuracy. I think I'm going to keep hitting the 5 wood off the tee for a while until I can figure out better contact with the driver. I have zero confidence with it right now. 

I'm used to not hitting greens with regularity, but to hit none is disheartening. I usually make up for it with the short game and try to play with the mental approach of bogey golf. I want to be on in three on a par 4, for example. It's hard to do that with the way I'm hitting driver right now. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I put the driver in the bag and left it there for the last 2 holes. Right now I'm hitting shots with the F9 as far as the driver with better accuracy. I think I'm going to keep hitting the 5 wood off the tee for a while until I can figure out better contact with the driver. I have zero confidence with it right now. 

I'm used to not hitting greens with regularity, but to hit none is disheartening. I usually make up for it with the short game and try to play with the mental approach of bogey golf. I want to be on in three on a par 4, for example. It's hard to do that with the way I'm hitting driver right now. 

I used to have zero confidence off the tee with driver and snap hook everything. Kept playing with driver and eventually figured out a minor issue that caused major problems. Solved the minor issue and then driver became a weapon for me. Think i recently hit like 12 fairways one round. If I left the driver in the bag at the time I had zero confidence, i would have never figured out the issue and would have never saw the improvement. 

  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Fujikura and Nippon fan. Connoisseur of grips.

Updated 7/14/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1 - Stability Shaft

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2020 at 10:48 AM, Jmikecpa said:

Shot 74, gave the reigning club champ 2 shots and lost 2&1. You guessed it, lost the two holes I gave a shot with gross birdie and par. Overall played well with my rebuilt swing under pressure and only up from here. Drove it really well, hit my irons pure, good short game and an okay putter. With that combo I am a bit dangerous when the giving shots BS in a Championship Flight goes away.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The championship flight is NET???

  • Like 2

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:taylormade-small:             M5 15* (Ventus Black 7x) 43"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-AW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

 

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I used to have zero confidence off the tee with driver and snap hook everything. Kept playing with driver and eventually figured out a minor issue that caused major problems. Solved the minor issue and then driver became a weapon for me. Think i recently hit like 12 fairways one round. If I left the driver in the bag at the time I had zero confidence, i would have never figured out the issue and would have never saw the improvement. 

I appreciate the encouragement! I think I just need to quiet my mind with driver in hand, I have so many thoughts going through my brain and most of them are "don't hook it!". I need to get to the range and work on just letting it rip without fear of a bad hit and focus on what works and get the confidence back. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...