Our Sponsors

Played like today then again I maybe didn’t play that bad considering I took off the tip of my left index finger using a drill press yesterday. My golf got rained out yesterday and the wife wanted me to work on the honey do list and I apparently decided to make my hand. Lots of blood but thankfully just need to keep it covered and clean, glad I avoided stitches. Another good thing is the honey do list is now put away again for a few days .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You didn't do a good enough job! I'm missing 1/2 the to joint of my little finger due to a table saw.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: TBA
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Posted Images

I haven't swung a club since last Sunday.  I was supposed to play at another course in town on Tuesday and Thursday but on Monday I woke up with a knot in a muscle in my lower back.  By Monday night I could hardly move so canceled golf for the week... until today.  Back is better; not sore but muscles are very tight.  I had a massage yesterday that helped and I did a lot of stretching before the round today.  Warmed up on the range, and it wasn't pretty.  On the 1st tee I told my wife and the other couple that I thought I would break 100; not the good way.  I haven't shot 100+ on this course in... ever!

50/41 for 91 with a triple and three doubles.  I couldn't stay down through the ball.  I managed a few good pars on the back nine, and my drives on #16 and #18 were fairly decent even for a health Kenny B.  My back didn't hurt, but it was far from normal feeling.  

Oh BTW, my wife finally beat me, but she probably would have anyway with her 83.  Best round she's shot since I've known her!!

• Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

17 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I haven't swung a club since last Sunday.  I was supposed to play at another course in town on Tuesday and Thursday but on Monday I woke up with a knot in a muscle in my lower back.  By Monday night I could hardly move so canceled golf for the week... until today.  Back is better; not sore but muscles are very tight.  I had a massage yesterday that helped and I did a lot of stretching before the round today.  Warmed up on the range, and it wasn't pretty.  On the 1st tee I told my wife and the other couple that I thought I would break 100; not the good way.  I haven't shot 100+ on this course in... ever!

50/41 for 91 with a triple and three doubles.  I couldn't stay down through the ball.  I managed a few good pars on the back nine, and my drives on #16 and #18 were fairly decent even for a health Kenny B.  My back didn't hurt, but it was far from normal feeling.  

Oh BTW, my wife finally beat me, but she probably would have anyway with her 83.  Best round she's shot since I've known her!!

I hope that your back loosens up and it's good to hear you were able to play today. Congrats to your wife for such a great score, that's awesome!

• Like 4

79 yesterday.  A very bad ball-striking day; 33% GIR, 46% FIR.

744054649_WillowLakes25Jul.png.430ecc04e8e2b9b2b9fba568d3b24da2.png

On the positive side, I scrambled pretty well, and I've now gone 4 consecutive rounds without a 3-putt so i'm pretty happy with that.

I know it sounds like a cliche, but I feel very very close to shooting some really good scores, I just need my ball-striking to shore up and keep the putter going.  I hit several dead pulls off the tee, and some toey weak flares with irons that I think are just a result of me not swinging in a good sequence, but I'm going to get there, and soon...

• Like 7

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER7B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

You need a good CBD cream. I have back muscles spasms often (like every couple of weeks). The last time I rubbed CBD cream on 3 times in an hour and 1/2. Then played golf with no pain and no tightness.

• Like 7

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 and 5 wood, 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

Two weekend rounds for #CobraConnect. I've posted over in that thread as well, but focused more on the clubs than my game.

Saturday

- 39/44 = 83 (+11)
- 4/15 FIR
- 10/18 GIR (1 birdie)
- 35 Putts (3 3-putts, 11 2-putts, 4 1-putts)

Sunday

- 42/40 = 82 (+10)
- 7/15 FIR
- 7/18 GIR (2 birdies)
- 32 Putts (2 3-putts, 10 2-putts, 6 1-putts)

Chipped and putted considerably better on Sunday than Saturday, but struggled with my irons both days. Sunday was particularly frustrating because I was alternating between hitting pulled toe shots (bad path) and overcooked straight draws (better path but really closed face) as I am still not comfortable with the feelings I got from Tuesday's lesson. Hoping to get to the range tomorrow to work some more on it.

Playing a small fade with the driver on good shots now, just have to trust the shot shape and go hard after it each time. Every now and then I'll get the face stuck open and bomb one way right, which isn't making trusting anything easy at the moment.

• Like 7

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.7 (Last Updated Nov. 27, 2020)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Mavrik (9°), 45.75", Aldila Rogue White 60 (130 MSI) X-Stiff
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, -1/4", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos / Cobra Connect
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

WITB? | 2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

14 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

You need a good CBD cream. I have back muscles spasms often (like every couple of weeks). The last time I rubbed CBD cream on 3 times in an hour and 1/2. Then played golf with no pain and no tightness.

I have a cbd stick that works fantastic. I have not tried the creams but the stick is very clean although I could probably use the cream on my knuckles 🤔

• Like 4

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 6.5

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Put in extra focus this morning. Getting prepared for my Sub 70 699 pro testing. Maybe I should focus this hard all the time!

35 / 34 for a two under round of 69

3 bogeys, 5 birdies

The 699 pro irons will have their work cut out for them for sure.

• Like 6

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:cleveland-small: Wedges, CBX 56* & 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

My first sub 80 round since I switched to Wilson D7 irons in February. Shot a 37/41:78 today with one Birdie and three Doubles....12 Pars with 10 GIRs!

IMG_2329.thumb.JPG.0e3aad68571ecfa8103c1ec740a4eee6.JPG

Using Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Tour Edge CVX 119 4 Hybrid , Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cobra King wedges 50/54/58 & Bellum Winmore 707 putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Congratulations, it’s not the clubs just awesome play

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Had a weird round today. Shot a 106, which isn't great. My driver swing which was hot as of late did not show up at the course today until the 18th hole. Hit a bomb on 18 dead straight, where was that swing all day?

On the flip side, my iron swing, which has been missing in action all season showed up. Was hitting my approach shots onto the green, but unfortunately, my GIR was not high, because those approach shots were generally my 3rd or 4th shots after hitting a poor tee shot and having to punch out into the fairway.

I switched putting grips today to the Claw grip. First time, no practice. So my putting wasn't so hot, but it showed some good potential where i drained some nice putts. 

My short game was a little rough today. Typically, I had been used to hitting poor, chunky approach shots, so I would be left with a lot of 40 yard pitch shots, which I tend to be ok on. Today, since my iron game showed up, holes that I didn't hit onto the green with my irons were often right off of the green. Not close enough to putt though. Lot of bladed short chips or chunky short chips.

Another observation is that my scores have been worse when the weather has been hotter. I walk and my course is hilly as sh*t. Even though my cardio fitness is pretty good, I get pooped out walking. Not many people walk the course. 

• Like 9

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

My first sub 80 round since I switched to Wilson D7 irons in February. Shot a 37/41:78 today with one Birdie and three Doubles....12 Pars with 10 GIRs!

IMG_2329.JPG

Using Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Tour Edge CVX 119 4 Hybrid , Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cobra King wedges 50/54/58 & Bellum Winmore 707 putter.

awesome!  nice work out there. 12 pars and 10 greens is an impressive feat! 

• Like 5

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

Played my opening nine today in 6 over then my closing 9 in 7 under to shoot one under for the day. Talk about a round of two 9’s, just bizarre day today. I went from doing nothing right to not being able to miss a shot. My Arccos right now must think it switched players at the turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dude 7 under??? What the secret?

Take Dead Aim

• Like 2

Take Dead Aim