TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

OMG. Right about now, I think I'd take a blow up round just to see a different number on the card.  I have played 6 rounds in the last 12 days. I have played good, bad, terrible and brilliant all in short stretches of 3-4 holes. I haven't carded a number other than an 89.

I've arrived at that number in a number of different ways, but always the same number. It's getting old :). Something needs to change. Preferably for the better though. 

The worst part? played 3 rounds on 1 ball, then 1 round on 3 balls, then the last two on 1. #89isgettingboring

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

88 today at an unfamiliar course. Three triples and a double will do that I guess. All from poor decisions from just not knowing the course very well.

Putted crosshanded today. Spent about 5 minutes doing it on the practice green and was getting good results so I said screw it, can't putt any worse than I have been lately. Finished with 30 putts so it actually worked out pretty good. Think I'll stick with it.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

45-39 for an 84...same course as my last 44-39 with the same holes giving me fits!!  Started out bad as I just wasn't loose and a couldn't make myself stay down on my irons.  Caught an 8-iron thin on the first sending it OB long.  Thinned a wedge on two and again on four, so I was +6 through 4.  Got it stabilized enough to get through the front 9 and played much better on the back.

What is more upsetting was my putting.  Putted really well last night, just didn't make anything.  I was hitting my lines but I wasn't reading them right.  Left about 6-7 makeable putts out there.  Wedge game was great and I drove the ball better than I ever had before (for 18 holes).   Oh well...

:taylormade-small: M1 10.5* - Tour AD BB-6X
:titelist-small: 10F.d. 13.5* - Graffaloy Bi-Matrix X
:titelist-small: 915Hd 20.5* - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  T-MB 2-iron - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  716 AP2 5-PW - KBS C-Taper Lite X
:vokey-small: SM6 50/56 - DG S400

:cameron-small:  Kombi S 35"

Took the day off to play at Babe Zaharias GC with the Tuesday gang.  Arrived at 6:30 only to find out that some of the holes were totally unplayable.  The water on the Par 3 #8  was so high that two ponds had connected with the cart path way under water and unpassable.   Note:  Tampa Bay got another 7 inches of rain yesterday morning.  The skies dried up in the afternoon so we were hoping to play today.......So now, here I sit at work hoping for some dry days to make the courses playable again.  

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Seeing you all posting "How I Played" is a blessing and a curse. Besides taking the clubs out of the trunk, I haven't touched a club in over a month.

Gotta admit, seeing Bones break 70 was inspiring. But mostly, I just miss the game.

Having a job I love is worth it - I think.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Good to see you again High Fade, you must really love that job, haven't seen you for ages.

I played like crap today.  Tweaked my back whilst sitting at the computer this morning, don't know exactlty what I did but it was painful.  Headed out to the course thinking playing through it would loosen it all up - wrong!  Was great off the tee but kept standing up on my irons.  My brain trying to protect my back I think.  The irony was it felt better if I forced myself to stay down but of course focussing when I'm in pain is difficult.  Make that focussing in general is just difficult.  (well that's what you were thinking) I hit enough good shots to bring myself back tomorrow for the Championships but I seriously hope my back is somewhat better.

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Good to see you again High Fade, you must really love that job, haven't seen you for ages.

I played like crap today.  Tweaked my back whilst sitting at the computer this morning, don't know exactlty what I did but it was painful.  Headed out to the course thinking playing through it would loosen it all up - wrong!  Was great off the tee but kept standing up on my irons.  My brain trying to protect my back I think.  The irony was it felt better if I forced myself to stay down but of course focussing when I'm in pain is difficult.  Make that focussing in general is just difficult.  (well that's what you were thinking) I hit enough good shots to bring myself back tomorrow for the Championships but I seriously hope my back is somewhat better.

I know how you tweaked your back, Mizzy.....Too much gabbing online at MGS!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

I had a foz like experience today. I got an email this morning saying the course at the club is open but we are still on temp greens. Since nothing else around me is open I bit and went off around 11. It was me and the maintenance crew including the guys mowing the new greens for the very first time, they look great! Most of the fairways were unplayable and I outright skipped four holes because a bridges was flooded out but it was enjoyable just to get outside and hack it around. Hit everything pretty well except for my wedges, no way to compress the ball with those, just big splats every try.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I had a foz like experience today. I got an email this morning saying the course at the club is open but we are still on temp greens. Since nothing else around me is open I bit and went off around 11. It was me and the maintenance crew including the guys mowing the new greens for the very first time, they look great! Most of the fairways were unplayable and I outright skipped four holes because a bridges was flooded out but it was enjoyable just to get outside and hack it around. Hit everything pretty well except for my wedges, no way to compress the ball with those, just big splats every try.

At least you got to hit a few balls.....

I'm trying to figure out how someone tweaks their back while on the computer.  Maybe I don't want to know :-)

Finally went to the range with Mrs. HighFade last night.  A fun one where you hit into (or in some cases, over) the lake.  Haven't hit a ball in over a month, and I've never hit them better.  Just look at that left foot coming off the ground a la Bubba. Boom shacka lacka!

IMG_1936.JPG

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

So glad you could get out!

What lake?  That's what most of our fairways look like right now. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Isn't that 14 at Bayou club?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

This is where we are on the map.....

11800475_10204801490413819_4438028845135

Finally getting my first full week off in almost 18 months next week.  Playing in upstate NY tomorrow in a friendly game, my normal game on Saturday at my club, Bethpage on Monday, Montauk Downs on Tuesday and a member/guest at Fresh Meadow on Wednesday.....then off to my beach house for a few days with the family.  

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Went to a new course today. It was rainy and windy the whole time. Not cold, just not overly pleasant and made for very difficult conditions. Balls were dying, I was getting no roll, the greens had just been sanded, the fairways were really really soft. Not ideal at all. Somehow managed to shoot an 83 despite only hitting 4 GIR. Just scrambled my ass off. Which has been my game of late. I hit my irons better but I still wasn't giving myself birdie putts. Too many tee shots in the rough or behind trees. Was just fighting to save par every hole. Only 1 double and 1 birdie though. For the horrible conditions and sandy green I'm pretty damned happy with an 83. 

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20

Beautiful day to play today in Chicagoland! Low 80's sunny, zephyr of a breeze. Played early with some buddies at one of my favorites in the Southwest burbs, Mistwood GC. Tons of changes have happened there in the last couple years- they've won "Renovation of the Year" from Golf Magazine, "Best New Course" in Golf Digest, and "Top 50 Public Facility" by Golf Range Magazine. Everything is top notch here- links style course and we played it from all the way back which on the card is a hair over 7,000 yards, but the markers weren't all the way back on a few holes. I'd say we played it from about 6,850. Rating and slope is over 74 and over 140. Perfect scoring conditions, but I was over reading putts all freaking day...

Shot a one off trombones 77. Highlight of the round was being goaded into attempting to drive a pond on a par 5. Luckily on the 4th attempt I made it and the result was a crowd pleasing 10. Best part was when one of my buddies said "nice birdie" haha!

Some boring stats: 7/14 fairways (1/7 with driver yikes! anyone want to buy a g30 ls?) 12/18 GIR (penalties on three holes doesn't help) 31 putts (couldn't sniff the cup, just read a ball too much break all day) and a WHOPPING 5 penalties. I can't remember the last time I hit 5 balls in the water in one round of golf. Tried knocking one on a par 5 in two and knocked one in the drink, hit a sprinkler head which then hit a cart path (twice) and then went into a creek (the buddies enjoyed that one), and the last three were on the same hole- par 5 dog leg left 15th. Yikes.... what a day!

Highlight was only having to chip one time today. I missed 6 GIR's, but three were due to penalties. Two of the other three I was right on the fringe and I generally putt those. Pretty rare for me to only have to hit one chip shot all day.

88 today. 41 on the front, 47 on the back. Thought I hit the ball well overall.

Had a triple on 10 after my first drive went left into the woods. Can't remember the last time I missed left. Managed to par 12,13,14 which are the toughest holes on the course. Had a 4 foot birdie putt on 13 that I misread. 3 jack on 15 for a bogey. Double on 16. Par 5 #17 I had 170 in and hooked a 7 iron into the water right of the green, pitched on then 3 jacked again for a double. 3 jack again on 18 for a bogey.

2 penalties but the moral of the story is that my putting was horrible.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Beautiful day to play today in Chicagoland! Low 80's sunny, zephyr of a breeze. Played early with some buddies at one of my favorites in the Southwest burbs, Mistwood GC. Tons of changes have happened there in the last couple years- they've won "Renovation of the Year" from Golf Magazine, "Best New Course" in Golf Digest, and "Top 50 Public Facility" by Golf Range Magazine. Everything is top notch here- links style course and we played it from all the way back which on the card is a hair over 7,000 yards, but the markers weren't all the way back on a few holes. I'd say we played it from about 6,850. Rating and slope is over 74 and over 140. Perfect scoring conditions, but I was over reading putts all freaking day...

Shot a one off trombones 77. Highlight of the round was being goaded into attempting to drive a pond on a par 5. Luckily on the 4th attempt I made it and the result was a crowd pleasing 10. Best part was when one of my buddies said "nice birdie" haha!

Some boring stats: 7/14 fairways (1/7 with driver yikes! anyone want to buy a g30 ls?) 12/18 GIR (penalties on three holes doesn't help) 31 putts (couldn't sniff the cup, just read a ball too much break all day) and a WHOPPING 5 penalties. I can't remember the last time I hit 5 balls in the water in one round of golf. Tried knocking one on a par 5 in two and knocked one in the drink, hit a sprinkler head which then hit a cart path (twice) and then went into a creek (the buddies enjoyed that one), and the last three were on the same hole- par 5 dog leg left 15th. Yikes.... what a day!

Highlight was only having to chip one time today. I missed 6 GIR's, but three were due to penalties. Two of the other three I was right on the fringe and I generally putt those. Pretty rare for me to only have to hit one chip shot all day.

Have you ever played the Highlands golf club in Elgin, that's a really nice course, north west of the city.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Payed the 1st round of my Club champs on Wednesday with a dodgy back.  Every swing was a compensation and it was a 50/50 proposition as to where it went.  Shot 90 for a net 82 which is crap but not bad when I consider the amount of pain I was in.  It makes me appreciate what it's like to be relatively pain free when my back is good.  I'm hoping for  a recovery by next Wednesday and some redemption, feel like crap as it stands :mad:

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Drove up to upstate NY for a meeting on Thursday night and stayed Friday to play at Grossinger's CC. The course is part of one of the 1960's mega resorts in the Catskills (think the movie Dirty Dancing) which is essentially abandoned and all that remains is the course. The course was in fairly good shape and a really fun layout that you have to think your way through. Ended up shooting even par for the day and now looking forward to heading upstate more for work so I can get a round or two in.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

@What was the name of that one course up there? The Monster, I think. At the Concord? I went to summer camp in the Catskills once and that's where we played.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

@What was the name of that one course up there? The Monster, I think. At the Concord? I went to summer camp in the Catskills once and that's where we played.

That is the one. My father in law is the CEO of the gaming company that got the license for the casino up there and the plan is to have Rees Jones do a redesign of The Monster in the next few years. That track is an absolute beast from the tips.

http://www.golfcoursearchitecture.net/Article/Rees-Jones'-firm-to-renovate-Monster-course-in-New-York-state/3071/Default.aspx#.VcYnMIr3aJI

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Sure have played HoE, it's about 20 min southwest of where I live. Very nice course!

My sister used to live up the street from Larkin HS there which is about a mile or so from the course, I used to play in the booster outing they held there. It's extremely nice, especially since the new 9 was added a few years back.

Anyway, back to golf, I played really well today, I had a few holes on the back where I started to hook everything, so I sort of limped in with a 79. Highlight of the round was a 2 on hole 5. It was 5 iron off the tee, and a 7 iron from 175 into the hole, and then I also chipped in for birdie on hole 7, I finally had a decent day putting as well.

Well, another Saturday goes by without a complete round....We had 36 players today but only got thru 14 holes before the rain stopped play. Now we have 3 consecutive Saturday's where we have not completed our game. This is record breaking.

Played at JE Good Park in Akron yesterday. Beautiful day, around 82° and not sticky. The round was longer than we would have liked but we were on the tail end of an outing, tee'd off at 12.47 and I was in my truck at 5.32.

But I played well considering how I've been playing the last couple of weeks. Shot a 90. 49 on the front and then went unconcious for a 41 on the back including a chip in with my new 54° SCOR.

https://www.golfpadgps.com/round/RVRQS7

I've been having trouble with hooking everything and it was caused by not clearing my hips. I consentrated on that and was driving the ball well, even gaining up to 30 yards distance.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!