MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

6 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I'm going to preface this with.... I got up at 6:am. I made a pot of coffee. I made a 4 egg omlett with bacon, mushrooms, chalets, American and Gouda cheese. I watched the news for a bit and then opened my Bible and read for a bit. I let the dogs out and fed them.

I picked my brother up at 9:30. We had a 10:am tee time. I had the round of my life on the front 9. I went par, eagle, par, birdie, par, par, birdie, par, par, bogie.... 3 under par 31 on the front.

The back went a bit different...lol. It was blowing hard and misting the whole time. I went +7 for a 42. I ended up shooting 73... best round of my life... so far...lol. The game seems to be coming around. We'll see if it continues. It was a great day!

Pot of coffee and omelet would be good enough for me. Golf with your brother and a 73 is icing on the cake!

• Like 7

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

My golf game continued the downward spiral it's been on for the last few weeks with a +20 56 over the course of nine holes. I did hit 3 fairways and no greens and my putter was my saving grace, with only 18 putts. 

I almost walked off the course after being +10 after just three holes, but decided to gut it out and finish the round and started relaxing a bit more after giving up on trying to have a great round. I actually played better without the mindset of pressing to score well, finishing my last six holes at +10. 

My game from 20-100 showed signs of improvement, I wasn't always on the green but was getting it a lot closer and wasn't shanking so many. I've just got to work on my iron game and I believe I can turn the corner to score well. 

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

My golf game continued the downward spiral it's been on for the last few weeks with a +20 56 over the course of nine holes. I did hit 3 fairways and no greens and my putter was my saving grace, with only 18 putts. 

I almost walked off the course after being +10 after just three holes, but decided to gut it out and finish the round and started relaxing a bit more after giving up on trying to have a great round. I actually played better without the mindset of pressing to score well, finishing my last six holes at +10. 

My game from 20-100 showed signs of improvement, I wasn't always on the green but was getting it a lot closer and wasn't shanking so many. I've just got to work on my iron game and I believe I can turn the corner to score well. 

Downward spirals happen.  Tough not to get down and want to walk off the course.  Step back and enjoy the fact that you can be outside and just wait for the game to turn around.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Bad rounds happen to everyone at every level. Keep plugging, playing and practicing and you’ll be back and getting better. Plus you have your #1 Caddie riding w you

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

14 hours ago, Kanoito said:

**** yeah! Personal best 78 today.

It wasn't raining birdies like yesterday but still f****** stoked about the results.

A little turbulence on the front 9, but the back was smooth sailing. 

I played a little game with my friend where we would call out each shot before executing it, just to prove it wasn't a lucky shot and that seemed to work pretty well, makes you think about how you going to play the hole, which side you are aiming and all that. 

Now, just have to make it happen in a competitive round and I'll see my hcp drop! 

FB_IMG_1596370481924.jpg.9360266754772573bde7bf1a4b67e9d5.jpg

Congratulations on a PB!!  It will come easier next time.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 hours ago, silver & black said:

I'm going to preface this with.... I got up at 6:am. I made a pot of coffee. I made a 4 egg omlett with bacon, mushrooms, chalets, American and Gouda cheese. I watched the news for a bit and then opened my Bible and read for a bit. I let the dogs out and fed them.

I picked my brother up at 9:30. We had a 10:am tee time. I had the round of my life on the front 9. I went par, eagle, par, birdie, par, par, birdie, par, par, bogie.... 3 under par 31 on the front.

The back went a bit different...lol. It was blowing hard and misting the whole time. I went +7 for a 42. I ended up shooting 73... best round of my life... so far...lol. The game seems to be coming around. We'll see if it continues. It was a great day!

Great round!!  Congratulations!!   I remember this guy a month or so ago that was talking about giving up the game because he sucked.  Maybe you should have a talk with him.  Convince him that good rounds come after bad ones and not to give up.

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Downward spiral here.  After the no doubles 78 on Saturday, I amazed myself with 3 doubles and a quad shooting an 89.  

Other than those 4 bad holes, it was an enjoyable round with another couple that we had not met before.  He and I were about the same distance off the tee and so were the lady and my wife.  Both good players and I hope we can join up again, and I bring a better game.  

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Congratulations on a PB!!  It will come easier next time.

Thanks Kenny!

Next tournament is Aug 16th... have 1 training session before that and let's see how it goes!

• Like 4

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

8 hours ago, cnosil said:

Downward spirals happen.  Tough not to get down and want to walk off the course.  Step back and enjoy the fact that you can be outside and just wait for the game to turn around.

That's the thought I need to keep in the forefront of my mind. It's truly a blessing to be able to get out and enjoy nature and time on the course. I appreciate the encouragement!

7 hours ago, Rickp said:

Bad rounds happen to everyone at every level. Keep plugging, playing and practicing and you’ll be back and getting better. Plus you have your #1 Caddie riding w youemoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I need to get her back out there, she's been staying at home the last couple of weeks. She keeps me grounded and is just fun to have around. 

• Like 7

Why do I expect good scores during a swing change? (It's a rhetorical question) Shot a 94 in the wind and drizzle yesterday. I'm happy to say that my case of the 90° rights are pretty much gone, I just have to get adjusted to the new swing and I should see my scores start dropping.  

• Like 6

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Stilling trying to get my handicap down to 5. Friday non-handicap bounce game 73 net 66 putting really well, 4 good birdies. Saturday handicap counter 77 net 70 for 0.2 cut. Never holed a putt had 4 good birdie opportunity from 5 to 6 feet. Back to 6.9.

image.png.0bbd12c0f68b4a48ac76a2b9a999e30b.png

• Like 6

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Struggling with pull hooks right now, I guess I need to schedule a lesson to see what I’m doing....I can pull hook a damn pitching wedge right now

46-48 for an ugly 94

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Ball striking was superb today! Putting was extremely cold. That sums it up lol. I holed out from 108 for eagle on hole 1. Had a few 300 yard drives, and found all but 2 fairways. Hit half the greens in reg. But I burnt 6 edges and had two terrible 3 putts. 

• Like 4

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 106mph

Driver: Ping i25, S-flex PWR 65 shaft
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3i: FOURTEEN FH-1000, DG X100
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

Was an interesting round today. Driver swing is missing in action. Started hitting pulls and hooks. Usually a setup or grip issue for me, so its fixable.

Iron swing showed up. Made a small feel change and it was like a miracle. Started hitting competent iron shots. It was great.

Putting was iffy, got to figure out the short putts.

Bunker play was atrocious. Multiple holes where it took multiple shots to get out of the bunker. And when I say getting out of the bunker, twice it was ball first thin shots over the green. Whoops.

• Like 6

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Fujikura and Nippon fan. Connoisseur of grips.

Updated 7/14/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1 - Stability Shaft

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

On 8/2/2020 at 4:39 PM, silver & black said:

I made that same omlette but I also like adding mushrooms to as well.  Awesome round!!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 3

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

32 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Was an interesting round today. Driver swing is missing in action. Started hitting pulls and hooks. Usually a setup or grip issue for me, so its fixable.

Iron swing showed up. Made a small feel change and it was like a miracle. Started hitting competent iron shots. It was great.

Putting was iffy, got to figure out the short putts.

Bunker play was atrocious. Multiple holes where it took multiple shots to get out of the bunker. And when I say getting out of the bunker, twice it was ball first thin shots over the green. Whoops.

You need to watch Monte's bunker video.  Worked wonders for me.

• Like 1

After being frustrated at first by being asked to start on the back 9 (I don't care for that half of the course), I ended with my best 9 hole score to date.  I'm not a very good golfer yet, but a 54 is way better than a 66.  I also hit my 3 hybrid better than any other long club in my bag.  I thought I would give that nod to my driver after a beauty of 260 yard draw, but when I got to the next hole, I realized it wasn't my ball that I found in the fairway.

Bear with the erratic path on that hole, the tee shot with the 3 hybrid made me giddy.

Screenshot_20200804-161057.jpg

• Like 4

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour