Our Sponsors

Played hooky from work this morning and drove up the mountain to Woodland Park, some 30-45 minutes away from Colorado Springs.  Woodland Park sits about 8500ft and Shining Mountain golf course Is one I have not played before.  

At 8am it was a delicious 55 degrees.  Hmmm, loved it!  The greens were still wet from a heavy dew, leaving rooster tails early on, and slow greens.  No one in front of us, a slow foursome behind us, we had plenty of good looks and time for extra shots.  A good place to play, there will be return trips 😁

The golf was inconsistent, a meh 84.  Nothing really worked all that well but it was nice to get some cooler temps and visit a new course.

06764DBB-3FB8-49CE-897B-85FBA7080C19.png

B8E952FA-2A24-4C8A-8FC3-DDE1DFF031E3.jpeg

BF519ADB-47AC-4A99-B3CE-E34AF395E85D.jpeg

B7C6BE77-5365-4C64-B656-658F1399CB86.jpeg

Edited by toehold57
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Posted Images

1 hour ago, toehold57 said:

Played hooky from work this morning and drove up the mountain to Woodland Park, some 30-45 minutes away from Colorado Springs.  Woodland Park sits about 8500ft and Shining Mountain golf course Is one I have not played before.  

At 8am it was a delicious 55 degrees.  Hmmm, loved it!  The greens were still wet from a heavy dew, leaving rooster tails early on, and slow greens.  No one in front of us, a slow foursome behind us, we had plenty of good looks and time for extra shots.  A good place to play, there will be return trips 😁

The golf was inconsistent, a meh 84.  Nothing really worked all that well but it was nice to get some cooler temps and visit a new course.

Haven't played there, but my brother in law takes me to play King's Deer in Monument when we visit them.  It also sits >7500 ft.  First time I realized how much altitude affected the ball was on a par 3 that I thought an 8 iron would reach ---- over the green it sailed and kept going!

84 for an 18 handicap is hardly a meh round.  Nice!

• Like 5

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 8/12/2020 at 3:00 PM, Grand Stranded said:

This has been the hardest year for me to gauge my game since I began playing about 20 years ago.

First an elbow injury that put me on the shelf for 6-7 weeks, and the entire the entire covid situation limited both my play and practice.

The biggest factor however was just not being able to concentrate or even enjoy the few rounds I did get to play because my mom had gotten really sick just after the holidays. I live 700 miles away from my family, and I was back and forth for weeks at a time trying to do what I could to help her, and be of assistance to my two sisters.

God finally took her 2 weeks ago, and yesterday was the first day I felt up to posting again. I’m stuck up here on Long Island until Sunday because of the quarantine travel ban  thing between SC and NY without my clubs, because I had no desire to bring them or play.

Each day I feel a little better, and am just starting to feel an urge to really start playing again when I get back home. I’ll probably dive in head first, playing even more than I normally would, just in an attempt to keep my mind occupied.

Why am I telling all of you this?

In a way it’s to thank you. This place is wonderful, and I appreciate the friendly way everyone here interacts with others. So many other sites are very different. I told you I hadn’t posted in a while, but I can’t tell you how many nights the last few weeks I’ve read this thread and the what are you buying one. They helped take my mind off things and even gave me a few smiles during a very hard time.

Thanks for that. 👍

I just saw this post and my heart goes out to you and your family. I lost my mom in 2017 and that was hard, still is. Golf has been a refuge for me in times of loss, it's a great way to focus and keep your mind off the heartache. I lost my stepdad years ago and my best friend, Allen, took me out for a round. This is back before I really got in to the game, but it's a memory that sticks with me. Allen passed in 2017 and I played a round afterward just to remember the happy times. I hope you can find some solace in this game once you get back on the course. Share those moments here, we'll be here for you. 

• Like 7

Ever have a day where nothing worked and the harder you tried the worse it got? That happened tonight where everything went to sh*t. Started our match play league night with a fairway shot into the sand then 3 to get out. Two holes later I'm in a fairway bunker again, this time 2 to get out the next shot should have been an easy pitch onto the green - nope straight into the water. Next hole I hit a tree on my drive and the ball had a painful ricochet backwards onto the fairway. And so on.

If I wasn't so frustrated, it would have been funny. Ended with a 51. Crazy night.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 8/8/2020 at 7:04 PM, LeftyHawk said:

Friday was an absolute train wreck. Played a new course, tee boxes and fairways in wonderful condition. the greens were microscopic, I mean a few of them weren't much bigger than the tee boxes. I paced #10 and the green was 15 paces by 10 paces. Pretty small target. Add that to the incredibly narrow fairways and it sets up for a disastrous round. I stopped keeping score after the 7th hole, by then I was at 60. I lost 8 balls just on the front 9, I haven't done that since the 80's! My iron play was from another planet. I was doing things I haven't done since I was 20 ,playing with persimmon woods. I have a 7 iron shot into the 2nd green. I hit so far behind the ball I think my club was still on hole one. Took a swath of turf about 18" long and 6" wide. Ball went maybe 20 feet. Shook it off, refocused.....swing.....another county sized hunk of turf and another 20 feet. Now I getting a bit ticked at myself..( and a little blame on the club). Mind you I still 150+ from the green, shot 4.......a carbon copy of shots 2 and 3....this time the 7 iron flew further than the ball......Anyhow, crawled to the end of that hole, took a breather for a while to regroup myself....stepped up to the 3rd hole tee box. Par 4....Took out my driver, 'I got this" my driver is the one club I have absolute faith in, I haven't mishit that club in years. Step up, go thru my routine....SWIING.....topped the ball, it went about 5 yards........the driver went 20 yards!!!!!!! Step up to it with a 3 wood...CRACK right on the screws......right into the woods!

Now I know what you're thinking....I should have packed up the clubs and gone home....well, I ain't that smart...You would think at 60 I would be...but...no!  The rest of the round never got any better, I'm lucky, or maybe the clubs are, that I didn't snap a few over my knee, at least I was smart enough to remember what I paid for the G410"s and that kept me from sending the irons....shall we say.."BANG....to the moon Alice".....

As I sat on the porch that night cleaning my clubs, reflecting on the day's events I realized I should have done some things different. First I was planning on a 10 am tee time, didn't call for a tee time, just showed up, this has never been an issue in the past, course was jammed, on the course #2....jammed...called course #3...jammed. Finally got a 2 pm tee time at course #4. Headed there and that's when the train wreck started.

I should have stopped for lunch before going to the golf course. Should have called course #1 days earlier for a tee time. Anyhow, it's  a day to be forgotten.....

Time to mow the yard.....

Chris

But you didn't quit! Good job!

• Like 4

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 and 5 wood, 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Ever have a day where nothing worked and the harder you tried the worse it got? That happened tonight where everything went to sh*t. Started our match play league night with a fairway shot into the sand then 3 to get out. Two holes later I'm in a fairway bunker again, this time 2 to get out the next shot should have been an easy pitch onto the green - nope straight into the water. Next hole I hit a tree on my drive and the ball had a painful ricochet backwards onto the fairway. And so on.

If I wasn't so frustrated, it would have been funny. Ended with a 51. Crazy night.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Sounds like a familiar experience to me.

• Like 4

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Yup!!  Happened today.  This Wolf got eaten alive.  Shot 86 and lost 9 quarters.  On the front nine my driver didn't cooperate and my irons were all over the place.  Couple that with bad chipping and couldn't make a putt.  However, to put it in perspective, at 6:10am it was just getting light out, it was a chilly 50º, there was still dew on the greens because they didn't mow them today, and the irrigation sprinklers were still on.  Seemed like a fall day, not an August day.  

It warmed up by the time we finished #9 and I took my pullover off.  Drives got a lot better, irons were somewhat better, but I still couldn't putt.  My only good hole was #15.  It's the only non-par 3 hole where I could hit through the fairway into the desert with my driver, so I hit 3W and got to a 9i distance from the pin.  Stuffed it to tap-in range.  The rest of the round sssuucccked!  I'll get 'em next time.

Oh BTW, temps back up to 105 next week.  Hello summer... again.

• Like 8

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Yesterday's round was like an evening of scrolling through HOT or NOT.....Screenshot_20200814-061319.jpeg

Sent from my LG-H931 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 8

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

5 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Quick 9. Nothing spectacular 43. Soft and wet so was pretty fat on alot of stuff, iron game struggled today. Overall just felt good to swing though. The HZRDUS Green shaft is screaming at me to get it in the driver, the thing is just automatic for me and I am loving it!

Go for it!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Go for it!!

I will pull the trigger probably over the winter I have spent enough so far this year lol

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I will pull the trigger probably over the winter I have spent enough so far this year lol

Every time i tell myself i want to buy something but that I will wait, i never end up waiting very long lol.

• Like 7

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

3 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Every time i tell myself i want to buy something but that I will wait, i never end up waiting very long lol.

Well if my threads in the “what equipment are you think about” And “CHOs” are any indication of time between thought and buying I’ll be ordering tonight 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

18 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Fun course but rough back 9 for me... 39/46 is not a model of consistency. 
Who knew my best hole would be my first one. HAHA.
Happy to start well and finish well - the crap in the middle wasn't so good. 
image.png

The back 9 there always gets in my head, once it opens up to links style my brain goes "look at all this room!" and starts spraying the ball everywhere.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

Took it easy after my elbow flared up last weekend. Played Fresh Meadow on Tuesday and shot 71 from the back tees; which is my best round there in 5 years or so. The greens there just make me batty. Took off Wednesday and played at my club yesterday and today with a pair of matching 73s. Playing with the pro tomorrow at my club then off on Sunday. Ice and the shot I got seem to be working but not going to push it right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Wasn't feeling 100% this morning but wife wanted to hit some golf balls so we went to a fun Par 3 .. for many of the players on here most holes would be a Par 2 😉 .. but I find it a good challenge.

So we arrive to find a LINE waiting to tee off! Shudda known, warm summer day and not many summer camps going on. I chip a little bit and putt a few balls and maybe a half hour (or more?) later we finally get out turn.

Started out decently enough .. 2 pars and 4 easy bogeys over the first six holes .. but then just kinda faded and got sloppy and last three holes were +7 over......

GOLF <<>> FLOG

😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Took the day off and went for 18 this morning. Shot 37-41 for 78. 3 birdies, 1 double. Started off great and hit a 58* to 6 inches on #6 for shot of the year. It's a 390 par 4 around a lake, but it's only like 230 to clear the lake, so my drive was actually pin high on the #7 tee.

Holes 10-14 are the problem. I found myself counting the shots I dropped so far today and then went par, bog, double, bog, bog. I'm trying to change they way I attack a course and was looking at where I am dropping shots. Just got in my own head with score and results instead of process and the shot I was hitting.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 9

Got nine in after work. Even 40. No driver, was working on my irons. Only used 4i to tee off. Hitem straight enough to be progressing with my swing. Putting was not on par but neither where the greens...

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 8